Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

i’ve said before the accurate version of this comic for yospos is someone standing on a peasant’s neck with their jackboot saying “we should stop oppressing people”

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

prisoner of waffles
May 8, 2007

Ah! well a-day! what evil looks
Had I from old and young!
Instead of the cross, the fishmech
About my neck was hung.
if stymie didn't want these kinds of reactions, why would he keep doing his (increasingly weak) shtick?

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

"fixed". I'm an amberpos man through and through

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Stymie posted:

i’ve said before the accurate version of this comic for yospos is someone standing on a peasant’s neck with their jackboot saying “we should stop oppressing people”

otherwise known as stymie's favorite thursday night activity

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

mystes posted:

techbubb.le: class Warfare extends Stymie

:eyepop:

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
at least when toblerone triangular got outed after doing a bit for the better part of a decade they were decent enough to make a nice post explaining the how and why of their schtick, and thanking everybody for being good sports about it

prisoner of waffles
May 8, 2007

About my neck was hung.

Jonny 290 posted:

at least when toblerone triangular got outed after doing a bit for the better part of a decade they were decent enough to make a nice post explaining the how and why of their schtick, and thanking everybody for being good sports about it

that sounds neat, do u have a link?

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
the fact that we're not getting any of that, and in fact are seeing more double downs than a KFC drive-through, leads me to believe that we're actually one hundred percent accurate in theorizing that stymie is a member of the capital class and probably has a bit of an itchy neck rn

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
the pauses in the stymie replies are when he gets pulled into a meeting to hash out why the social media marketing budget pulls from PR instead of advertising.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Jonny 290 posted:

the fact that we're not getting any of that, and in fact are seeing more double downs than a KFC drive-through, leads me to believe that we're actually one hundred percent accurate in theorizing that stymie is a member of the capital class and probably has a bit of an itchy neck rn

:hmmyes:

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

*makes bad faith assumptions about everyone else for a decade*
why are all these people making bad faith assumptions about meeeee

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Jonny 290 posted:

i've said over and over and over again the reason why a lot of what i say is inconsistent is that i can't provide any personal information because it would open me up to harassment

i know that you're keen on denying the fact that i've been harassed in the past since you've carved out a little intellectual space where you don't have to believe people who disagree with you, but since you've also ginned up a theory as to why it would be perfectly fine to harass me i'm even less inclined to "drop the act" and reveal personal information

you may not be the one who does the harassing but you've also got enough wealth and privilege that you'll have people to do it for you

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I'm touching a computer right now

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
autoban

and

rereg

it's over, dude.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

yospos is well known for hiring squads of elite gang-stalkers to drive out trolls

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
as it is even if 100% of the things i say are fake and i'm actually a hedge fund manager or a google employee or a bored teenager or whatever i can't possibly reveal that now because johnny has created this perfect catch-22 where if i reveal even an iota of true information i'll immediately have kiwi farms wannabes calling my house, my friends, my family, whatever because i'm the poster that was rude to them or their pals a few times

Butcher
Nov 29, 2004
TODO: Place Title Here
my wealth, my privilege, my army of minions eager to harass internet posters at my bidding

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
nah

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Butcher posted:

my wealth, my privilege, my army of minions eager to harass internet posters at my bidding

basically johnny has become the pewdiepie of yospos where he has an army of easily denied people who will harass people on his behalf

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

Jonny 290 posted:

autoban

and

rereg

it's over, dude.

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
this thread is proof since there are white noise posters coming out of the woodwork to pile on with their lovely burns, hooting and hollering

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
we are five posts from stymie calling me 'pedo guy' and then, the most glorious yospos story ever will all be laid bare

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
hey stymie whats your take on emerald mines

prisoner of waffles
May 8, 2007

About my neck was hung.
the door is that way

the reply button doesn’t have to be clicked

if you like it this much, it isn’t harassment

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Jonny 290 posted:

autoban

and

rereg

it's over, dude.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

martin shkreli probably felt the same way when everyone on twitter hopped on to make fun of him

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Jonny 290 posted:

we are five posts from stymie calling me 'pedo guy' and then, the most glorious yospos story ever will all be laid bare

someone literally called me jeffrey epstein earlier

this entire thread is an exercise in "i'm rubber you're glue"

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

not a lot of people so rich that the barest morsel of personal information unambiguously identifies them

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
you might say that this story is going to take an......electrifying turn

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

I mean from the moment I can't be an ethical person because I touch computers regardless of anything else I ever do, I might as well let go of the rest of my moral fiber since it is clearly pointless.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
we just misread his posts. when he was talking about 'hating banks' he was actually talking about Azalea

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

MononcQc posted:

I mean from the moment I can't be an ethical person because I touch computers regardless of anything else I ever do, I might as well let go of the rest of my moral fiber since it is clearly pointless.

then why rip on people for becoming cops or whatever? if you can't find ethical employment in tech, maybe don't work in tech

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

evilweasel posted:

not a lot of people so rich that the barest morsel of personal information unambiguously identifies them

you do realize that denying that i've been harassed in the past is a tremendously lovely thing to do, right?

i know that johnny has done a bang-up job crafting a world where it's okay to harass me, but i'm not particularly keen on having it happen again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Broken Machine posted:

then why rip on people for becoming cops or whatever?

because they beat their wives and murder people, op

Broken Machine posted:

if you can't find ethical employment in tech, maybe don't work in tech

"ethical employment" is a curious oxymoron