Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Corbyn will not win this election

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Can we get a trigger warning going for stuff that is likely to cause a jingle to be stuck in the heads of the more aged members of this forum please?

Long grain rice all the way from America
Red peppers, green peppers, juicy green beans
Carrots and peas and a pinch of seasoning
Bachelors Savoury Rice

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

Jose posted:

anyone else hoping labour get a majority mostly just to say " i loving told you so" at people?

I mean stopping a whole load of people from dying and also preventing our democracy from being even more hosed by intentionally poor governance is more important but yeah it would be nice

Beefeater1980
Sep 12, 2008

My God, it's full of Horatios!

He’d bloody well better. Last chance to avoid being double-hosed, by Brexit and Disaster Capitalism.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

fridge corn posted:

OK. but it'd be nice if he did.

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

Do we think Jezza will solider on if he doesn't become PM?

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

fridge corn posted:

Indeed not, we are going to win it because the people deserve to have a victory!

Also I am very tired, I think that playing Disco Elysium is (whilst fun) bumming me out a bit because I have no idea if I am doing things right.

Still, we'll have to see where things go.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Hell yes, excited to have very little free time until election date cause I'm gonna be campaigning non-stop.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/alexwickham/status/1189282411596652545

Some surprising names on there. Beckett?

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib
One more vote I get to make with Jeremy at the top of the party, sure why not. Don't expect much.

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

always thank the rock hider

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Can we get a trigger warning going for stuff that is likely to cause a jingle to be stuck in the heads of the more aged members of this forum please?

I feel like chicken tonight

Like chicken tonight

Edit: I can't stop posting about birds. Send help.

Debbie Does Dagon
Jul 8, 2005

goddamnedtwisto posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Xuedh4i_8E

TRIXNET
Jun 6, 2004

META AS FUCK.

Braggart posted:

I feel like chicken tonight

Like chicken tonight

Bird IS the word.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Mike Gapes asking what might happen to the staff of members who don't come back after the 12th, which is both extremely lolworthy but also strangely sweet.

Bizarre question when it's laid down in parliamentary standards.
MP is the employer of the staff so they have to manage the redundancy process.

http://generalelection.parliamentarystandards.org.uk/workingforanmp/Pages/dissolution-guidance.aspx

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

Grill 'em
Bake 'em
Fry 'em
Eat 'em...

Halisnacks
Jul 18, 2009
Labour will win this election. Jeremy Corbyn will be Prime Minister.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

kecske posted:

Long grain rice all the way from America
Red peppers, green peppers, juicy green beans
Carrots and peas and a pinch of seasoning
Bachelors Savoury Rice

I think that one's before my time, but a rapidly-escalating war on Whatsapp was eventually ended by me dropping the Um Bongo advert into it.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

Raffles posted:

Do we think Jezza will solider on if he doesn't become PM?

Depends on the gap between the parties - if it's another hung parliament, but with a Labour majority, he can probably soldier on. If it's more or less static - 50-50. Anything less will probably be untenable, and we'll be deafend by the shrill outcry of "TOLD YOU SO UNELECATABLE!" from the usual suspects. What happens then depends on the ballot - whose on it, etc.

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

Only the crumbliest flakiest chocolate

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,
election time is but a window.

I'll be back
Election time then. I'm in a majority Tory, secondary LD area, which sucks poo poo, but there's a potential Labour seat not too far away I might be able to do some leafletting or doorknocking in.

Beefeater1980 posted:

He’d bloody well better. Last chance to avoid being double-hosed, by Brexit and Disaster Capitalism.
Hate to bring the mood down, but triple if not more-hosed because you can add climate change to that too; doubt the Tories will make much of decarbonization or building resilient infrastructure, meaning we'd only have 5 years to do it after the following election to meet the 2030 target (assuming no early election), and it'd be a tad tricky at that point. Best get a labour-dominant government now, majority preferred or coalition if necessary.

Braggart posted:

your help for today will be provided by... the coal tit! saw one in the garden today. big hand please for these little chirpers

fluppet
Feb 10, 2009
I want a trio and i want one now

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

Soft on the inside, crunchy on the outside.

Armadillos!!!

Judoon Platoon
Nov 1, 2010
This election is already good as hell https://twitter.com/owensmith_mp/status/1189285858307985409?s=21

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

So are we gonna try to trick the gammons into voting BXP or is that too risky?

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Steve2911 posted:

Joris has told the 1922 committee that they are campaigning on his poo poo deal so... yeah.

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

tritsch posted:

Bird IS the word.

Bird was a plurality of the words, I think.

CGI Stardust posted:

your help for today will be provided by... the coal tit! saw one in the garden today. big hand please for these little chirpers

What a bunch of little cuties :3:

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

"I'm going to spend more time learning about this capu...capoch...:airquote: frothy coffee :airquote: I hear the kids talking about. I hear it's so popular, they have to beat off the crowds at the bar."

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

CGI Stardust posted:

Election time then. I'm in a majority Tory, secondary LD area, which sucks poo poo, but there's a potential Labour seat not too far away I might be able to do some leafletting or doorknocking in.

Yo if you're like this person here and really think your local seat is unwinnable, don't forget to check this website:

https://mynearestmarginal.com/

It's by Momentum so it should be sound and hopefully will let you know what's going on during the next 6 weeks.

If you're getting worried about the election, try and get active!

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

fridge corn posted:

No. He will win his constituency, Labour will win the election.

if not we're all hosed so

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

CGI Stardust posted:

These are extremely handsome!

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

Steve2911 posted:

We want BXP votes in lib-con and lab-con constituencies, if that's you then yeah definitely encourage the bloke in your pub who normally votes tory to think about the BXP. But in the broad online no we shouldn't be helping the BXP.

Beefeater1980
Sep 12, 2008

My God, it's full of Horatios!

BXP splits their vote by just existing, just as LDs split both Labour and Tory votes.

Not sure how much I can do from Brazil except for postal voting. Can Labour legally take donations from expatriates?

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012
My world (kitchen) was changed when I found out you could do waffles in the toaster. Basically, I had to stop buying waffles lest I turn into one (from eating so many.)

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

Farewell Owen "29 inches" Smith. He leaves to spend more time beating off men for his family and researching just what the devil coffee is.

Edit: Dammit Splinter :D

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

namesake posted:

Yo if you're like this person here and really think your local seat is unwinnable, don't forget to check this website:

https://mynearestmarginal.com/

It's by Momentum so it should be sound and hopefully will let you know what's going on during the next 6 weeks.

If you're getting worried about the election, try and get active!

This is a great resource everyone should use but if you're a driver with two mates up for a little day trip to where you can really make an impact then you legit have a chance to swing history toward the Good Ending here, press the Step Up button.

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

So y'all are going to do the election when the kids are out of town?

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Beefeater1980 posted:

BXP splits their vote by just existing, just as LDs split both Labour and Tory votes.

Not sure how much I can do from Brazil except for postal voting. Can Labour legally take donations from expatriates?

double check if you decide to, but afaict if you're donating less than 500 pounds per [unspecified period] you're in the clear

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

https://twitter.com/jeremycorbyn/status/1189276879292960768
gently caress yeah let's do this.

In case you thought the Tories were getting any better at this 'social media' thing, Corbyn tweeted this new video within seconds of the vote and immediately released a statement. Momentum also released a new video and launched a "£50k in 48 hours" fundraising drive. Johnson has yet to tweet anything.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Wee John's prediction is straight nicked from mine!!

https://twitter.com/DawnHFoster/status/1189243943344623616

I SAID THIS RIGHT HERE!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ikwaylx
Aug 19, 2011

Drop the bandibass!

I remember when the 2017 election was called and I was pretty despondent because I was certain Labour were hosed at the time, but then they managed to turn it around with their leaked manifesto and policies that actually resonated with people. I really hope that Corbyn can pull that off again and this time work towards an even better electoral result.

I still remember election day 2017 as the day when the Hope is a Lie memes stopped and Pissflaps drunkenly celebrated with us and for a nanosecond supported Corbyn with us. Let's do disssss!!