Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

I just saw Ghostbusters on tv and now I can't stop seeing bill murray as LPC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
Yeah, just needs a wig

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

No guilt, it feeds in plain sight
How have I never heard of this guy before now? This poo poo is incredible. This clip where he calls multiple Radio Shacks at once and it blossoms into sheer chaos is definitely one of the funniest things I've ever heard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFOzq4QepGM

doug fuckey
Jun 7, 2007

hella greenbacks
he's been doing a thing recently where he calls two stores and asks for things that sound alike, then connects them and lets them try to figure it out while he interrupts them with random birdsongs lol

Thermos
Mar 29, 2019

MALARKY?! Just who are you, guy?

LPC loving slays me

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

Don't make me come up aiugher

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJBNDW5uyjo

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
CHESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7chG2rCwxw0

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

I hope Yucatan Suckerman sues these two buffoons.

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

Gonz posted:

I hope Yucatan Suckerman sues these two buffoons.

You're fixin' to get caught in the crossfire of my feet if I come down there.

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

It's so brilliant when the guy says " this is an unlisted number" and LPC says "like hell it is"

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

I wonder what the laws actually are when it comes to harassment in the form of prank calls. People are convinced that their threat to call the police department and the phone company will be a deterrent and LPC will absolutely be arrested and jailed if he calls again, and they believe “tracing the call” is a thing. As far as I can tell, he’s never gotten in any trouble in 20 some years and laughs off every threat. I just can’t imagine any police department anywhere giving a single gently caress, even though a lot of his calls taken at face value are straight up trying to scam people into giving him money.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Ralph Hurley posted:

I wonder what the laws actually are when it comes to harassment in the form of prank calls. People are convinced that their threat to call the police department and the phone company will be a deterrent and LPC will absolutely be arrested and jailed if he calls again, and they believe “tracing the call” is a thing. As far as I can tell, he’s never gotten in any trouble in 20 some years and laughs off every threat. I just can’t imagine any police department anywhere giving a single gently caress, even though a lot of his calls taken at face value are straight up trying to scam people into giving him money.

It's definitely illegal but no one has the time to deal with it.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Ralph Hurley posted:

I assume that the phone company probably can do that but its probably more effort than its worth to go through with the threat. Everyone gets spammed nowadays with robocalls nonstop anyways

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

In his Rolling Stone article he mentions there were a couple times police called him, and all he had to do was say that he didn't know the recipient didn't want to be called, and pinky swear not to call the number anymore. I can't imagine authorities giving an actual poo poo beyond that.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

If no one cares about the constant calls I get from scammers pretending to be Microsoft or the loving social security office then no one is gonna care about lpc

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

"once i've rendered something nebulized...i've realized...... . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . that .. . . . .the repression of the simulated nebulizer is a repression...of the digital chess session, and that's why things kinda interfere and cross polinate to a different place, more or less. where do you guys stand on something like that?"

"...... ummmmm"

doug fuckey
Jun 7, 2007

hella greenbacks
there's a really good one in Meat Streats where he is calling butcher shops for gross unavailable things where he just opens very casually with *click* "you idiots sell any urine up n'ere?" and I'm destroyed

the new album too starts with just a tiny little "awww yea" from him and it's these little things that are the best

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

We're not grindin no frawg

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Chrpno posted:

We're not grindin no frawg

I got bullfrog meat, fella.

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

Although admittedly "gently caress off, I'm hangin' sausage" is an excuse to get off the phone that I would love to be able to use unironically

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

Zesty Mordant posted:

there's a really good one in Meat Streats where he is calling butcher shops for gross unavailable things where he just opens very casually with *click* "you idiots sell any urine up n'ere?" and I'm destroyed

I haven't listened to that one yet, but I heard him say it in my head and I'm already laughing.

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

As someone who likes guitar pedals and effects units, I discovered the model his uses to glitch up his voice is the Digitech RDS 8000 “Time Machine”. I’ve had no luck finding one for sale, it must be pretty rare.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQFIdMmrYQ0
Good to see a few LPC references in the comments.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Bangkok Sod Center always gets me.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

no doubt in my mind NO DOUBT IN MY MIND no doubt in my mind no doubt in my mind

end of sentence. end of paragraph.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
How's about I knock you two into each other?

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
Many years ago i said to my son, you know, "you must... must LEARN from the ways of... Towelette Petatucci"

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

rope

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Malcolm Excellent posted:

How's about I knock you two into each other?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMM9A2ZbSJI

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5BunDsMGU0

this is the best lpc call imo (denise plant, the first part but the follow up mechanic call is also great 'then i pulled a pit maneuver at the dump')

saw the film, agree with others in the thread that it kind of sucked but not lpc's fault

The March Hare fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Oct 25, 2019

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

what's my freakin subtotal there, cap?

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
I really need some houndbowel

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

Are you Barefoot Bob?

I wonder if he ever actually gets anyone's credit card info. Im sure he's called people that'll just give that up.

And I kinda wish he'd leave Alex Trebek alone.

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

Alex loves it. He's always so excited to find out where the other person on the line is located.

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

I hope you're right. Trebek seems like a genuinely nice person and LPC enjoys driving people to the edge of insanity. Speaking of people he calls over and over, who is this Arthur police reporter guy he keeps calling? I mean besides a guy that sure isn't shy about an n-bomb every now and then.

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord

oh dope posted:

I hope you're right. Trebek seems like a genuinely nice person and LPC enjoys driving people to the edge of insanity. Speaking of people he calls over and over, who is this Arthur police reporter guy he keeps calling? I mean besides a guy that sure isn't shy about an n-bomb every now and then.

that dude died a year or two back according to an interview w/ lpc, hes just some random news reporter

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
I'm glad he's dead

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHNMAy5Xd_k

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snappo
Jun 18, 2006

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I just saw Ghostbusters on tv and now I can't stop seeing bill murray as LPC

Listening to LPC for the first time and yeah it’s like hours of Peter Venkman trolling Walter Peck, period, end of sentence.