Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

I sell only quality merkins. What is a merkin you ask? Why, it's a wig for your genitals!

Bobulus posted:

It occurs to me that the fact that Bad Janet was neither marbleized...
This made me realize that Good Janet was marbleized and then, just, no longer marbleized when they came to rescue her?

Not saying it's some convoluted Good Janet is actually yet another Bad Janet, but it just seemed odd to explicitly say she was marbelized but the not mention the unmarbelizing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
To be fair it makes sense, you can't torture a marble. Of course they'd bring her back once they'd got her to her cell. That seems like more of a nitpick.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

The Merkinman posted:

This made me realize that Good Janet was marbleized and then, just, no longer marbleized when they came to rescue her?

Not saying it's some convoluted Good Janet is actually yet another Bad Janet, but it just seemed odd to explicitly say she was marbelized but the not mention the unmarbelizing.

They unmarbelized her to torture her. That's what demons do.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

swickles posted:

They unmarbelized her to torture her. That's what demons do.

And Bad Janet mentioned the unmarbleizing by implication when she said Good Janet was currently being tortured in the previous episode.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

BioEnchanted posted:

She had some great lines in this episode, not just the "Please, I would never serve finger-sandwiches at a lakehouse." but also that great exchange (although misquoted by me :P): "I wouldn't know whether the salad fork goes next to the... whatever spoon..." "Actually the Whatever spoon is only used in very specific social situations..."

I like when she said, "What am I, Welsh!?" And Eleanor was like, "I don't know, are you??"

Also, I was also confused that suddenly everyone had their memories returned to them. That seemed really skipped over. I'm happy they did it, but it seems there should have been some... discussion about it instead of it just happening sometime between episodes. As another poster said it's probably just to streamline it when Chidi gets his memories back, but I wouldn't be surprised if we get a flashback to seeing them get their memories back when Chidi gets his back as part of that episode because it seems kinda weird they'd just gloss over such a major thing.

BioEnchanted posted:

To be fair it makes sense, you can't torture a marble. Of course they'd bring her back once they'd got her to her cell. That seems like more of a nitpick.

My new personal mantra is: To be fair, you can't torture a marble.

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

I sell only quality merkins. What is a merkin you ask? Why, it's a wig for your genitals!

Regy Rusty posted:

And Bad Janet mentioned the unmarbleizing by implication when she said Good Janet was currently being tortured in the previous episode.

Oh yeah. I forgot about that :blush:

1glitch0 posted:

My new personal mantra is: To be fair, you can't torture a marble.
Have marbelized Janet go through a real (after)life recreation of Marble Madness.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

The Merkinman posted:

Oh yeah. I forgot about that :blush:

Have marbelized Janet go through a real (after)life recreation of Marble Madness.

They tried that, she found it fun. Marble Runs are like Janet Rollercoasters.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Marbulous-...833374175&psc=1

Example of one for in case they are a purely british toy I don't know.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

The Merkinman posted:

From my experience that's more a torture of the player, but to be fair I can see how it would be a torture for the player and the marble, at least for how good I was at the game. I don't know what the marble felt, but it wasn't getting it's hand pinched every 10 seconds off the stupid ball remote.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

At the end of it I hope that they really rub it in Shawn's face. Just Tahani contacting him to invite him to the celebration party with a "Well, if you hadn't constantly been trying to piss in our cornflakes, we'd never have gotten as far as we did! We kind of owe our success in part, to you!"

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

The updating of Jags stuff is my favorite ongoing gag

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Why do the demons bother wearing human suits while they are in the Bad Place? Seems like it would be more terrifying if they were all giant fire squids and void wasps flying around instead just a guy in a suit.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Your Gay Uncle posted:

Why do the demons bother wearing human suits while they are in the Bad Place? Seems like it would be more terrifying if they were all giant fire squids and void wasps flying around instead just a guy in a suit.

Because CGI costs money

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Xelkelvos posted:

Oh god. Ultimate frisbee?

It really is the Bad Place

See, the Bad Place would DEFINITELY call it just Ultimate, but then it would be less clear what the joke on the poster is so...

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Maybe they just enjoy a good suit.

Baller Ina
Oct 21, 2010

:whattheeucharist:

BioEnchanted posted:

It seems that Simone's major flaw was a failure to admit when she's wrong, although Chidi has her thinking in a more positive way by "Just imagine that this was real, just in case you aren't right about it being a dream, and try to enjoy it." She probably still thinks that it's all neurone's misfiring in her head but she's being less awful about it and is just letting the "dream" play out.

Simone's "I am right" attitude seems so weird considering she was an academic who was doing research and all that to try and figure out things. Maybe we'll get some more insight into this seeming mismatch of career and outlook at some point.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!
If the Michael suit is a new thing what are the suits they're currently wearing?
Is the technology that they can wear a suit upon a suit?

I'm a bit confused by that.

Also tahanis weird Welsh thing was dumb, maybe that plays in America where it doesn't matter that it makes no sense!

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I guess the idea is that the human suits are unique to each demon. Like, Michael's 'human-sona' is Ted Danson, but now they can mimic other people's.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Gaz-L posted:

I guess the idea is that the human suits are unique to each demon. Like, Michael's 'human-sona' is Ted Danson, but now they can mimic other people's.

I wonder why? I mean big rock guy takes his suit off all the time

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Taear posted:

I wonder why? I mean big rock guy takes his suit off all the time

But he still sounds like big rock guy.

carticket
Jun 28, 2005

white and gold.

Gaz-L posted:

'human-sona'

I prefer 'person-a'.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

1glitch0 posted:

Also, I was also confused that suddenly everyone had their memories returned to them. That seemed really skipped over. I'm happy they did it, but it seems there should have been some... discussion about it instead of it just happening sometime between episodes. As another poster said it's probably just to streamline it when Chidi gets his memories back, but I wouldn't be surprised if we get a flashback to seeing them get their memories back when Chidi gets his back as part of that episode because it seems kinda weird they'd just gloss over such a major thing.

I think there are quite a few scenes they edit out for time. Like did they ever show when Tahani figured out that the boring old lady who always wanted a peppermint was actually a demon in disguise?

I know there are extended versions of the episodes on Hulu.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

It does feel like if they restore their memories so easily it doesn't matter that Chidi's is gone because it's always there to put back whenever. Maybe that was always the case, but I didn't realise it.

Former Human posted:

I think there are quite a few scenes they edit out for time. Like did they ever show when Tahani figured out that the boring old lady who always wanted a peppermint was actually a demon in disguise?

I know there are extended versions of the episodes on Hulu.

Wait, what? Are the ones we get on Netflix the proper ones then or cut ones?

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

The ones on Netflix are 21-22 minutes and I think the extended ones are about 24 minutes.

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:
The extended episodes for past seasons have been uploaded either near the end or after the end of the season

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Mr. Powers posted:

I prefer 'person-a'.

That's silly, no-one in the Bad Place is a motorcycle transformer pope or sapient dress with machine guns or anything.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Gaz-L posted:

That's silly, no-one in the Bad Place is a motorcycle transformer pope or sapient dress with machine guns or anything.

You have accepted Satan into your heart

joebuddah
Jan 30, 2005
If you want to see an 80s video game version of the Trolley experiment
https://www.whoismrrobot.com/endgame/
Play till nessary scarifice.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Baller Ina posted:

Simone's "I am right" attitude seems so weird considering she was an academic who was doing research and all that to try and figure out things. Maybe we'll get some more insight into this seeming mismatch of career and outlook at some point.

i suspect you've not dealt with too many academics :v:

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
I actually really liked this episode. Felt like the old seasons where they just speed through a couple plot points instead of dragging it out forever like making the four humans important. The gang's all back, Tahani got some purpose, and Michael got a nice pep talk.

Of course that means it'll all go horribly wrong next episode (maybe Derek learns how to do both bad intentions and actions). Or the Bad Place turns someone like Simone into a mole.

I think my only complaint right now is that the four humans are pretty ancillary to the plot; the only reason they're important is because they're Important.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

ApplesandOranges posted:

I actually really liked this episode. Felt like the old seasons where they just speed through a couple plot points instead of dragging it out forever like making the four humans important. The gang's all back, Tahani got some purpose, and Michael got a nice pep talk.

Of course that means it'll all go horribly wrong next episode (maybe Derek learns how to do both bad intentions and actions). Or the Bad Place turns someone like Simone into a mole.

I think my only complaint right now is that the four humans are pretty ancillary to the plot; the only reason they're important is because they're Important.

Also they've blown up the bad place entrance so they can't get back - I hope what that means is now it's time for a particular newly-disgruntled angel/Postal worker to come from the other side of the tracks to try to mess things up after finally mastering anger. Bring on Pissed off Wendolin!

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
If Janet can blow up an entrance, a Bad Janet can probably rebuild it with little issue.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Gotta think the judge will probably notice them blowing up parts of the region between Places.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Senor Tron posted:

Gotta think the judge will probably notice them blowing up parts of the region between Places.

I'm pretty sure they were in the medium place by then, just a thousand miles from Mindy's. The space between has always been depicted as structures or tracks in a black void.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

ApplesandOranges posted:

If Janet can blow up an entrance, a Bad Janet can probably rebuild it with little issue.

It's possible a Janet would actually need to be in the relevant dimension to be able to reconstruct the entrance, and since the entrance is gone, she can no longer get there easily to do so.

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef

tsob posted:

It's possible a Janet would actually need to be in the relevant dimension to be able to reconstruct the entrance, and since the entrance is gone, she can no longer get there easily to do so.

Isn't there still a Bad Janet in the neighborhood?

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
There is, but she's not actually free to act at the moment and I assumed the point referred to a Bad Janet that's capable of doing so right now and which would quickly invalidate the act of destroying the entrance.

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?
Also remember, our Janet is a super advanced Janet.

Also, as far as the other humans, I think the show isn't putting a lot of focus on them because the show ultimately isn't about them, but rather, the original team cockroach, and how they've grown and changed.

We are here to watch Eleanor grow as a leader, Tahani to learn humility, and Jason to keep throwing Molotov cocktails!

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

I loved "Why do you have that, I told you not to blow anything up..." "Exactly. That's why I waited. :)"

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Uh, new episode on anyone?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
what an odd framing device