Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Vince MechMahon posted:

Why would you pick the crypt keeper as your nickname the man is an emaciated skeleton who couldn't even beat the old witch without interference from the vault keeper.
Irony because Dickinson is anything but?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Every now and then I remember Kenny Powers referring to the Crypt Keeper as "that smartass from Tales From the Crypt" and I smile.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/visualsatire/status/1189282593486848000?s=19

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

are you gonna tell Chris Dickinson he can’t be the crypt keeper?

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
hugo savinovic wife is dying, awful news

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Cara Noir is also funded/sponsored by the England’s Arts Council which is badass.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

Vince MechMahon posted:

Why would you pick the crypt keeper as your nickname the man is an emaciated skeleton who couldn't even beat the old witch without interference from the vault keeper.
The Cryptkeeper was a great promo and his appearance will lure Dickinson's former running buddy the Bone Collector Dominic Garini into a cunning trap.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

DoctorGonzo posted:

hugo savinovic wife is dying, awful news

wendi richter?? wow that fuckin sucks :smith:

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
If you miss their podcast and stuff this was very funny:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-86Vg_x-A0

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Please Big Dave don’t hurt em

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1188842918770925569

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Counterpoint: gently caress 'im up, Big Dave!

Edit: Oh my God, Cornette replied to say he wasn't talking about money when he said "Show me the numbers" :cripes:

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
lol cornette blocked me on twitter what a snowflake

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

Edit: Oh my God, Cornette replied to say he wasn't talking about money when he said "Show me the numbers" :cripes:

Cornette is the loving worst.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

AEW is gonna draw better than Cornette's hick company ever did.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Trying to find the post but on the F4W forum recently, Meltzer recently wrote that AEW's ticket sales are trending on par with Jim Cornette's beloved Jim Crockett Promotions.

Cornette has dug his hole. Along with that he has backed the wrong horse and can't admit it.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
cornette is a loving moron who still thinks that the bucks are going to call him as a dastardly heel to make money with AEW

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

DoctorGonzo posted:

cornette is a loving moron who still thinks that the bucks are going to call him as a dastardly heel to make money with AEW

Plays the "edgy" atheist and left-winger. Yet denies facts and numbers when it comes to AEW.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

The saddest thing about Cornette is that he doesn't actually give a poo poo about money or clicks and believes every word he says.

His "we have the only beef anybody believes" to the Young Bucks was a face-saving maneuver because unlike an Ed Ferrarra, he does respect them. And the Bucks "we'll never hire that shock jock carny or take him seriously" was just more than his ego could take.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

rovert posted:

Plays the "edgy" atheist and left-winger. Yet denies facts and numbers when it comes to AEW.

the guy cant even be happy playing as himself 30 years ago in a z level promotion, he is useless and a relic of an era who died for a reason

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
Cornette appears to have shifted his argument to "all the money in the world doesn't excuse this travesty killing the integrity of the business" which is still dumb as all gently caress but I think that what what he meant, "you can show me the money they make but that doesn't change the fact that they suck" which is especially funny for an old school wrestling figure to pull.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Jerusalem posted:

Counterpoint: gently caress 'im up, Big Dave!

But what numbers is he talking about then? To use the phrase "numbers" means you are talking about a quantifiable metric.

If he is talking about how over the company is, you cant provide exact numbers on overness. If he is talking about buzz, again no exact measurable way exists to describe buzz. Or even exposure, or market penetration or anything like that.

You can't put exact numbers on "this wrestling is different to wrestling from decades ago, so therefore I don't like it".

So numbers can only mean crowd sizes, ratings, or cash brought in, surely. Unless I am missing something.

BrigadierSensible fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Oct 30, 2019

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
https://twitter.com/XavierWoodsPhD/status/1189376291176374274

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Bryan’s really trying.

https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/1189378867699412992?s=21

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

BrigadierSensible posted:

So numbers can only mean crowd sizes, ratings, or cash brought in, surely. Unless I am missing something.

This is the hilarious part, Cornette had made fun of some still from an AEW show and said it proved Tony Khan was getting bilked out of his money. Dave replied saying he'd just run the numbers in a recent Newsletter and it showed AEW was actually an incredibly good investment (the demographics/ratings it hits are tremendous value for the money put into the show) and Cornette responded with,"What numbers?" and then tried to insist he hadn't been talking about money when Dave gave out the numbers.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Trying to make the world less fun.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Its so weird that Cornette is vehemently against AEW just because he hates the Bucks.

I mean, I'm not surprised. Its just so weird.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

STAC Goat posted:

Its so weird that Cornette is vehemently against AEW just because he hates the Bucks.

Come now. He also hates Kenny.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Jordan7hm posted:

Come now. He also hates Kenny.

And joshi

And Sonny Kiss

And Nyla Rose

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

STAC Goat posted:

It really is. And Omega, too. I have Cornette's taste in wrestling logic being preserved, but last May he was just such a huge piece of poo poo about everything, including being lovely about trans and nonbinary people that I unsubscribed and I kinda' wish I didn't have to hear about him anymore.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Chris James 2 posted:

And joshi

And Sonny Kiss

And Nyla Rose

don't forget the better Kentuckian, Chuck Taylor.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

karmicknight posted:

don't forget the better Kentuckian, Chuck Taylor.

He's not allowed to say "poo poo" or the Bucks and Cody will put him on timeout, so clearly Jim's not the only one who hates him unfairly

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

I wouldnt be surprised if he coudl somehow 6 degrees of separation his Joey Ryan Hate into AEW

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

WWE and cornette competing to be the most shook

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Chris James 2 posted:

He's not allowed to say "poo poo" or the Bucks and Cody will put him on timeout, so clearly Jim's not the only one who hates him unfairly

And he's taking it out on Hangman's horse friend. By killing sending his condolences.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I love how Dave is such a robot that for the most part, only facts matter, and people in the business think he's on their side until the facts aren't.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

if you're not going to post plans to assassinate cornette then don't post about him at all!!!!!!!!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Yeah a guy who commentates on youtube matches belongs in the Chris Regal Memorial Thread.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

MassRafTer posted:

Yeah a guy who commentates on youtube matches belongs in the Chris Regal Memorial Thread.
I get where you're coming from, unless I've missed your sarcasm and actual point, but I was a big Cornette fan for a long time because I agreed with him about how wrestling should be, but eventually that bit me in the rear end because he doesn't understand what being trans is like and was really lovely about it and that TRIGGERS (omg those loving libs and their triggers who are offended by everything) PTSD stuff, where people who were your friends sell you out for being queer, and I'd just like to never have to hear what he thinks about anything anymore.

I'm not gonna' get that, but I just want him out of my life.

Sionistic
Apr 22, 2008

We don't need your money!
The Meltzer Cornette opera reads like a racist trying to explain his bigotry to the one friend they truly respect, but the friend is calmly letting them know they arent having it.

No I'm not saying Jim is a racist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

i am