Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Favorite arc?
The Hunter Exam
Heaven's Arena
Yorknew City
Greed Island
The Chimera Ants
The 13th Hunter Chairman Election
View Results

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
That's a great video but I wonder how many more HxH video essays Aleczandxr can possibly do before completely running out of ideas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Makatka posted:

That's a great video but I wonder how many more HxH video essays Aleczandxr can possibly do before completely running out of ideas
Ideas? From an Anituber? :confused:

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
I mean, yeah, you can endlessly discuss Bungee Gum if you want to, but this is not this kind of channel. Dude is more concerned with, like, themes and poo poo. Maybe I should rephrase: I wonder how many more videos he'll make before it starts feeling like he's forcing it.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Makatka posted:

My guess is Many

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Benjamin, Zhang, and Halkenburg; Hobbes, Machiavelli, and Locke: An Examination

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Is Hisoka stronger after dying? He's forced to use his nen constantly to just like live but that's also a restriction so his nen is stronger?

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Bad Seafood posted:

Benjamin, Zhang, and Halkenburg; Hobbes, Machiavelli, and Locke: An Examination

Sir, I would subscribe to your YT channel.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I'd feel really differently about this arc if there werent dead women all over T-nich's apartment. that small detail changes how you have to see things.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
I'm upset that it took me a year to realize why Tserriednich summons that hellish monster and how it connects to his future sight. I had wondered why he only sees over his shoulder. Feels really obvious in hindsight and it fits in with the established rules of Nen since Tserriednich himself isn't seeing into the future just like Neon Nostrade isn't the one actually doing the fortune telling.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

At this point I thought we would have a new batch :/. Maybe in July.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

i miss this manga so much.... !!!

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG

Brought To You By posted:

I'm upset that it took me a year to realize why Tserriednich summons that hellish monster and how it connects to his future sight. I had wondered why he only sees over his shoulder. Feels really obvious in hindsight and it fits in with the established rules of Nen since Tserriednich himself isn't seeing into the future just like Neon Nostrade isn't the one actually doing the fortune telling.

Wow, I didn't even notice. I think I was too overwhelmed with his ability's rules to pay attention to this neat little detail

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

That beast is his nen ability and not the scary horse thing nen beast right?

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yeah, Antichrist Nyarlathotep his own, self-developed ability, unrelated to the horse.

dazoner
May 17, 2006

White People!
Viz Media just posted that the wait is almost over... however it might just be the latest volume, the details seemed intentionally vague.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

dazoner posted:

Viz Media just posted that the wait is almost over... however it might just be the latest volume, the details seemed intentionally vague.
That's definitely just announcing the next english volume. They have an amazon link to it

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Bump.

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014
I bet last year that the manga would get a return date by October and I’m sticking to my nen guns

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
But hey, maybe we'll get 20 chapters when it comes back!

(please don't disillusion me)

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i wish it would just go monthly

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Jose posted:

Considering the current release schedule is even slower than that, I find it hard to believe that'd fix anything.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Togashi just needs to hire another artist and simply write it. His designs and art can be great but that's not the main reason people read it.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
I actually liked this arc for going back to the sort of monstrosities Togashi really loved to draw in YYH and Level-E. Not enough of them in this series if you ask me.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I'd miss the art but if I had a choice between togashi's art and actually being able to read hxh without hiatuses, I'd pick the latter any day

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

hire murata.

enough work to double hxh's update speed would only be like, 5% of the pages murata is currently drawing.

Surprisingly Dope
Jan 12, 2011

Lope burgs again

Jose posted:

Monthly sucks, I prefer intermittent weekly. Especially with a story like this...youd wait a month then get a big text dump, forget everything, repeat next month, etc.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

I really love his art style though so I'm torn...

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Curses! You jerks made me hopeful that it was back! :cry:

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Surprisingly Dope posted:

Monthly sucks, I prefer intermittent weekly. Especially with a story like this...youd wait a month then get a big text dump, forget everything, repeat next month, etc.

you're really stretching the definition of intermittent here

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

This arc is as insane and convoluted as the new Jojo, and feels just as slow

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Wark Say posted:

Curses! You jerks made me hopeful that it was back! :cry:

Why would you ever have this hope? The hiatus is forever. You should know this at this point.

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014
Togashi's been dead since the end of chimera ant and the hiatus at bernie's is getting harder and harder to pull off

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

Nonexistence posted:

Togashi's been dead since the end of chimera ant and the hiatus at bernie's is getting harder and harder to pull off

Now I'm imagining some combination of this and the Hitchhiker's Guide's editorial staff, where there's an open desk at Jump that anyone can hop on and try a couple of panels, and chapters only get released when the whole office decides it's close enough to what Togashi would do if he were alive.

The desk is mostly ignored.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
I starting watching Yu Yu Hakasho and wow, he really did just copy/paste the tournament bracket from Dark Tournament into the Hunter Exams, huh. Which makes the whole “lol, you didn’t think there’d be an ACTUAL tournament arc” twist that was pretty refreshing hilarious.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Eh, I feel like Heaven's Arena did that better. Also goddammit I thought this had come back from hiatus! :cry:

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Wark Say posted:

Eh, I feel like Heaven's Arena did that better. Also goddammit I thought this had come back from hiatus! :cry:

ban him

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Wark Say posted:

Well poo poo :( I’m sorry man, I guess I should have posted in the general chat thread

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Eh, it's fine. Both YYH and Hxh are still some of my fave series and I love talking about 'em. Part of what I love about Togashi is that, even with YYH, he still tried to mess with the formula of punchman/battle manga to some degree. Hence why I love both Dark Tournament and Chapter Black about the same, even if for different reasons.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
I've been watching some YYH clips on youtube randomly because I don't feel like going for a full rewatch right now and here's my hot take:

the dark tournament, is good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747
edit: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLOGoyb5OmRUJctdaZYlnreba1A0WXOADQ idk what was messing that up

I rewatched YYH through this a few months ago, my love for YYH is still equal to HXH

Professorjuggalo fucked around with this message at 10:50 on Oct 30, 2019