Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/SamCoatesSky/status/1189477346472005632?s=20
https://twitter.com/SamCoatesSky/status/1189480067715522562?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanitary Naptime
May 29, 2006

MIWK!

Borrovan posted:

This won't happen, we've loving got this lasses & lads

https://youtu.be/BzuKaTuk_lw

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

I mean they'll only have trouble getting campaigners if they're one of the MP's who saw their majority increase in 2017 and immediately used it to bash Corbyn. Labour has the most members and Momentum.

Facehammer
Mar 11, 2008

Ratjaculation posted:

I was going to make a joke reply about lib dems having positions similar to electrons, they say it exists but good luck actually finding it

but i didn't want to do a disservice to electrons

The Lib Dems are like electrons in that their effect on the Universe is entirely negative.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Of all the things, I am not worried about Labour getting out people to knock on doors. Momentum are fantastic at this.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

:allears:

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

xtothez posted:

They have 18 MP's now iirc, and a bare-minimum cabinet consists of a PM & 22 ministers, not including junior ministers, whips, etc. If they were to win power then of course they'd have enough MP's, but they'd be filling top positions with people who have likely never been an MP or even been to Westminister before. That's such a bad recipe for a new government I'm not sure Armando Iannucci would have written about it.

Nobody cares about lack of experience at top level though, unless of course it's Jeremy 'only a backbencher who achieved nothing in 30 years' Corbyn (which I personally know is bollox but hey ho).

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Shock that MPs would balk at the notion of working in mildly adverse conditions such as "the month of december"

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Shocked, shocked to see this turn by a committed free speech warrior.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Total Meatlove posted:

I had to show someone at work who is middlingly pro leave and Tory (we had to pay a mortgage at 15% interest and all the other bootstraps bullshit) the yougov poll about the elderly hoping Brexit would make their children destitute. Wouldn’t believe it.

Haven't seen that (yougov poll) - got a link?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

josh04 posted:

Shocked, shocked to see this turn by a committed free speech warrior.

Free Speech is for billionaires and their rat faced pets only.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

The SNP have ruled out electoral pacts. So, lame as ScotLab may be, they're your only option if you want a Labour majority government.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Free speech is when only nazis are allowed to speak at universities.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
Guavanaut you said PMs weren’t giving you notifications so I will post here to say I replied to you.

Also good morning British goons, I’ve seen that a new general election is coming. I hope Corbyn and Labour do well!

Hungry
Jul 14, 2006

I don't think I can deal with more political anxiety, thank gently caress it's only 6 weeks until this election.

Gotta bugger about putting in a postal vote though.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/bencsmoke/status/1189444057816285184?s=20

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

I've seen it said a few times now that the Windrush scandal was caused by the Blair government. Is this true? I thought the 1999 act made sure the Commonwealth immigrants had full protection and it was the Tories that didn't bring that clause over in their 2014 act.

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

always thank the rock hider

forkboy84 posted:

Did think it was a bit egocentrical for Jezza to rename the party after himself. Even Kim Il-Sung didn't do that.

The 12 Labours of Jeremy Corbyn.

Pick a position, Jeremy! 12 is too many!

Personally I like the policy to flood all the poo poo out of the Houses of Parliament by redirecting the Thames.

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

OwlFancier posted:

Shock that MPs would balk at the notion of working in mildly adverse conditions such as "the month of december"

Oh no, I might have to walk outside and deliver post in December - like all those postmen do every christmas, which they hire extra staff for!

Doccykins
Feb 21, 2006
Top 70 Tory Targets (bold/grey cells are incumbent not standing, results are 2017 election outcome)

sourced from commons library: https://researchbriefings.parliament.uk/ResearchBriefing/Summary/CBP-7979#fullreport

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Haven't seen that (yougov poll) - got a link?

https://d25d2506sfb94s.cloudfront.net/cumulus_uploads/document/6z56phuq56/InternalResults_170421_BrexitExtremism_W.pdf

47% of Tory voters from 2017, 50% of the elderly

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Hungry posted:

I don't think I can deal with more political anxiety, thank gently caress it's only 6 weeks until this election.

Good news, there's a pretty fair chance we'll get to enjoy months of acute despair after that!

Edit actually you know what this is an unhelpful post, ignore my bleating

Barry Foster fucked around with this message at 11:37 on Oct 30, 2019

Beefeater1980
Sep 12, 2008

My God, it's full of Horatios!

A not terrible outcome would be the LDs being ablative armour in a coalition if their coalition demand is to revoke A50 and cancel Brexit.

It’s a black box now though: nobody knows:

1. How many people will actually vote
2. How much LDs and Brexit will take votes from the main parties
3. Whether Boris can energise the Gammons enough to vote for him in a way they didn’t for May
4. Whether the Labour Manifesto will enthuse people again like it did in 2017

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

^^^^Lib Dems will be a loving dead weight on a Labour government if theres any need for their votes they can get to gently caress.

Nothingtoseehere posted:

Oh no, I might have to walk outside and deliver post in December - like all those postmen do every christmas, which they hire extra staff for!

Speaking of which the CWU are still going on strike during the election lol.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

61% of Leave voters considered significant damage to the economy to be a price worth paying to leave the EU, 39% thought the same about losing their own job. They're loving scum who want to burn down other people's houses.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/StillDelvingH/status/1189256963420495872?s=19

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Jedit posted:

61% of Leave voters considered significant damage to the economy to be a price worth paying to leave the EU, 39% thought the same about losing their own job. They're loving scum who want to burn down other people's houses.

The first statistic doesn't surprise me because it's a vague general idea that they probably feel will mostly affect others but the bolded one is wild.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/TomDavidson09/status/1189491036491583489?s=19

Vlex
Aug 4, 2006
I'd rather be a climbing ape than a big titty angel.

Doccykins posted:

Top 70 Tory Targets (bold/grey cells are incumbent not standing, results are 2017 election outcome)

sourced from commons library: https://researchbriefings.parliament.uk/ResearchBriefing/Summary/CBP-7979#fullreport

God drat those are some stark numbers if people vote LD as a protest vote and peel off from Labour.

Doccykins
Feb 21, 2006

Lightning Knight posted:

The first statistic doesn't surprise me because it's a vague general idea that they probably feel will mostly affect others but the bolded one is wild.

its probably because they're actually retired so FULL BREXIT AHEAD

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Hungry posted:

Brexit is hopefully the closest any country in Europe will ever come to a US style eternal election.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

bessantj posted:

I've seen it said a few times now that the Windrush scandal was caused by the Blair government. Is this true? I thought the 1999 act made sure the Commonwealth immigrants had full protection and it was the Tories that didn't bring that clause over in their 2014 act.
Tonty Blair didn't give them all ID cards that would confirm their citizenship, which the Tories opposed anyway.

Tonty Blair destroyed all their boarding passes personally, and they weren't destroyed 50 years after Windrush due to standard civil service policy.

The man's a poo poo but no, the Windrush scandal was 100% Tory racism and could have been solved by not assuming that Black people 'aren't from here'.

Braggart posted:

Personally I like the policy to flood all the poo poo out of the Houses of Parliament by redirecting the Thames.
Bad news, the Thames contains too much poo poo as it is.

RockyB
Mar 8, 2007

Dog Therapy: Shockingly Good
Wycombe is a historical Conservative seat that’s been blue since 1951, with Steve Baker a veteran of two successful elections in 2010 and 2015, where in the latter he increased his majority to a shade under 15,000

2017 majority: 6,578

Change ... is possible? He's one of the dodgy 'spartans', so I could potentially see that 6.2% swing happening, especially if we got a 15% swing last time. Really depends if people are buying into the yellow tories (lol at the -20% swing in 2015).

Dammit I might have to actually get involved with local politics rather than making glib comments on the internet.

Doccykins
Feb 21, 2006
123,000 people registered to vote yesterday, ~90k of them were under 35
https://www.gov.uk/performance/register-to-vote

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

I just happen to like roses is all (is something I've already said once today)

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

always thank the rock hider

Guavanaut posted:

Bad news, the Thames contains too much poo poo as it is.

Less than parliament though, and you've got to work with what's available :shrug:

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the flood.

Braggart fucked around with this message at 12:07 on Oct 30, 2019

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Borrovan posted:

AND HATE POPPIES I BET

*gammon intensifies*

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
I made a quick shareable thread of useful links for the upcoming election

https://twitter.com/mfcrocker/status/1189494330274336768

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

Beefeater1980 posted:

A not terrible outcome would be the LDs being ablative armour in a coalition if their coalition demand is to revoke A50 and cancel Brexit.

It’s a black box now though: nobody knows:

1. How many people will actually vote
2. How much LDs and Brexit will take votes from the main parties
3. Whether Boris can energise the Gammons enough to vote for him in a way they didn’t for May
4. Whether the Labour Manifesto will enthuse people again like it did in 2017

I thought most of the gammons did vote for May? There was a huge collapse in the UKIP vote and most of it bled out to the Tories.

With any luck the Brexit party will absorb a lot of the extreme Tory base and the Lib Dem’s will absorb the more centre inclined.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doccykins
Feb 21, 2006

Borrovan posted:

just supporting the England team for the rugby world cup final on Saturday, why do you hate England?