Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

nah boomer dems can gently caress off too, they all need to retire and gently caress off forever. Also gently caress gen x just skip that generation entirely paul ryan mother fuckers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

nah boomer dems can gently caress off too, they all need to retire and gently caress off forever. Also gently caress gen x just skip that generation entirely paul ryan mother fuckers

gently caress you gen x is the best

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

you guys voted for Trump

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.
All generations are trash, reboot humanity or hand the "sentient apex species" mantle to someone else

dubzee
Oct 23, 2008

Smiling Jack posted:

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Smiling Jack posted:

Thanks for 8 years of GWB you generation of collaborators

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
millennials and zoomers to the rescue. Gen x are boomers now too, sorry that's how it is.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.
Gen x have always been boomers, just lazy boomers

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
At this point millenials and gen x alike are lucky to have gotten to 30 without PTSD from their childhood alone, thanks to the boomer's lovely parentage and then late stage capitalism - and that's before the least lucky ones were tricked into enlisting.

It really is down to the Zoomers to save us all.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
How can zoomers save the world when they're busy eating tide pods!? Every boomer ever

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Gen X is boomers with different music and movies.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

Hot Karl Marx posted:

How can zoomers save the world when they're busy eating tide pods!? Every boomer ever

well, to be fair, why the gently caress was eating tide pods a thing.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Kids egging each other on to do stupid poo poo, except now it has a global reach

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

My Spirit Otter posted:

Because boomers threw a fit over it so the kids did it out of spite mostly

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
It really wasn't a thing.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
https://m.ranker.com/list/crazy-american-trends-and-fads-from-the-interwar-years/david-sharp

People have done dumb poo poo since forever.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

man, the chemical taste alone

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

My Spirit Otter posted:

As with most Gen Z things Boomers complain about, it wasn't real.

The only people on record for eating Tide Pods were infants and the elderly.

Although, it did lead to new slang for the kids. My Zoomer cousin calls idiots "pods," as in someone dumb enough to eat a Tide Pod.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Hot Karl Marx posted:

millennials and zoomers to the rescue. Gen x are boomers now too, sorry that's how it is.

Anyone of any age can be a boomer, you just need to be that terrible. BBoomer

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Arc Light posted:

As with most Gen Z things Boomers complain about, it wasn't real.

The only people on record for eating Tide Pods were infants and the elderly.

Although, it did lead to new slang for the kids. My Zoomer cousin calls idiots "pods," as in someone dumb enough to eat a Tide Pod.

Some kids did them for YouTube videos but that's about it. I think someone tried to dab a pod which was probably the worst thing you could do

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Some kids did them for YouTube videos but that's about it. I think someone tried to dab a pod which was probably the worst thing you could do

I'd have sworn those videos actually used fake pods that weren't really detergent, but I might be putting too much faith in humanity here.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

:rip: Mulvaney

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/white-house/mulvaney-was-left-dark-al-baghdadi-operation-n1073731

quote:

WASHINGTON — Acting White House chief of staff Mick Mulvaney first learned about the U.S. military raid against ISIS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi after the operation was already underway, according to five current and former senior administration officials.

Mulvaney was at home in South Carolina when President Donald Trump wrote on Twitter on Saturday night that “Something very big has just happened!” He was briefed on the raid that night, officials said.

The extraordinary move by Trump to leave his chief of staff out of the most significant U.S. military operation against the world’s most wanted terrorist since the killing of Osama bin Laden in 2011 represents a major blow to Mulvaney, suggesting that he is increasingly sidelined inside the White House.

The White House chief of staff typically would be central to such a momentous gambit for a president, coordinating logistics, public statements and notifications of congressional leaders and allies. Bill Daley, who was White House chief of staff during the bin Laden raid, was seated next to then-President Barack Obama as he monitored the raid in a secure White House room with a small group of senior officials.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Trump gonna heap praise on him soon enough

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006
In a normal presidency maybe, but Trump doesn’t put a ton of thought into other people’s opinions unless they are unabashedly supportive of him. I assume some NSC person informed him that they had the goods on Baghdadi and it would be bigger than OBL. Trump probably give them a green light to do what ever they needed and went off to play golf.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

I bet trump didn't even know the operation was taking place until it was already in motion or else he might tweet it and give away the surprise

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Hot Karl Marx posted:

I bet trump didn't even know the operation was taking place until it was already in motion or else he might tweet it and give away the surprise

This... seems likely

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
I bet Mulvaney is constantly refreshing Twitter every time he takes a poo poo.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

It struck me as odd that the WH is in the middle of several crises at once and the Chief of Staff is back home in SC doing... :shrug:

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

CSPAM is worth browsing if only to occasionally discover truly great parody twitter accounts like this one

https://twitter.com/relevantorgans/status/923636616672960512

https://mobile.twitter.com/relevantorgans/status/1186325309643034624

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/NPR/status/1189574206004043778?s=20

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Wasabi the J posted:

Gen X is boomers with different music and movies.

Not really, no. Boomers came from (generally) big families, gen X from small. There's a reason gen X is the smallest generation right now. Boomers still outnumber us. Millennials outnumber us. Zoomers probably outnumber us.

Gen Xers are really good at killing themselves, especially with drugs. Boomers are poo poo at overdosing unless it comes in a pill.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Arc Light posted:

I'd have sworn those videos actually used fake pods that weren't really detergent, but I might be putting too much faith in humanity here.

The fake tide pod candy things werent made until after those videos had run their course and people movednon to the birdbox challenge. Those loving idiotd

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

The weirdest thing about all this is that Syria's oil production is really, really small. Less than 1% of Iraq's.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

:lol: Israel would see consequences for annexing territory and pillaging, long, long before the US ever does.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Madurai posted:

The weirdest thing about all this is that Syria's oil production is really, really small. Less than 1% of Iraq's.
SAND MEANS OIL!
-Donnie Goodbrains

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

hobbesmaster posted:

:lol: Israel would see consequences for annexing territory and pillaging, long, long before the US ever does.

Yeah but maybe the UN General Assembly will pass another mean resolution

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/BenjaminNorton/status/1167075995477794816?s=19

https://twitter.com/BenjaminNorton/status/1189576889628856320?s=19

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

whats the cutoff for gen x/y now

im 1984 and they kept trying call us weird poo poo loke the eGeneration. then it became iGeneration.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

whats the cutoff for gen x/y now

im 1984 and they kept trying call us weird poo poo loke the eGeneration. then it became iGeneration.

hello fellow millenial scum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Epstein's death is beyond loving fishy and it seems like there's a lot of really weird poo poo surrounding it, but I'm extremely skeptical of anything that Benjamin Norton, Max Blumenthal or other tankie journalists associated with his Gray Zone project report. Blumenthal himself got arrested for kicking a female Venezuelan protester in the stomach outside of the Venezuelan embassy a few months ago; before that, he's well known for his tweets mocking Syrian victims of Assad's chemical weapons. gently caress them all.