Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

https://twitter.com/SonyPicturesCan/status/1187027564310585345?s=20

This feels like a horror movie! Like suddenly it will go black and white and blood will drip down the screen. Tom is SCARY.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SkyLander
Dec 27, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmI7WKrAtqs

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Sign me the gently caress up.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

They say you are the best in the parsec sounds so drat clunky. If it weren't Herzog, it would sound 10x worse.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
So is Bubba Fett the main character of this show? Are we going to get a scene of him alive in the sand monster fixing his Rocketeer suit like Tony Stark (Iron Man) in the cave?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

clown shoes posted:

So is Bubba Fett the main character of this show? Are we going to get a scene of him alive in the sand monster fixing his Rocketeer suit like Tony Stark (Iron Man) in the cave?

The main character is not named at all as far as I know.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
At some point not long ago watching that trailer would have made me feel something. But I just feel absolutely neutral.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I was also once 12 years old

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Something about the fight choreography is...stilted? More like he's striking poses than fighting. Still, looks pretty cool, probably worth checking out.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEc8yzOYWyI

tylersayten
Mar 20, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

The Grudge™️ Cinematic Universe

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Mat Cauthon posted:

Something about the fight choreography is...stilted? More like he's striking poses than fighting. Still, looks pretty cool, probably worth checking out.

Yeah, there's only one shot in the trailer where a person with a gun shoots someone in-frame, and it's this:

where it's being used in more of a melee context than an actual gunfight. Everything else is people shooting people off-screen and being shot at by people off-screen.

Now, they may be using those moments for the trailer because the focus is on showing off all the characters and that's where you get nice clean looks at them, in which case, fair enough, but it's also a way to shoot gunfights that avoids having to do complex choreography, so if it's how the whole show looks that'll be pretty disappointing.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

clown shoes posted:

This post is refreshingly inaccurate it reads like Mad magazine

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Punkin Spunkin posted:

I was also once 12 years old

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

I like Bobba because every good and cool thing about him is a retcon, and the mental gymnastics that had been done to make him a badass worthy of being some posterboy is a perfect 1:1 for what fans of STAR WARS itself indubitably go through in their minds to be and remain fans.

All not-joking aside, I heard a rumor that if the new SW movie doesn't perform to expectation that TRON could be back on the table and if there's even a fraction of a shred of a chance at that, I say let the galaxy far, far away fall into permanent disrepair.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

cvnvcnv posted:

All not-joking aside, I heard a rumor that if the new SW movie doesn't perform to expectation that TRON could be back on the table and if there's even a fraction of a shred of a chance at that, I say let the galaxy far, far away fall into permanent disrepair.

I had fun with Legacy. I liked Olivia Wilde and the soundtrack is amazing, so I agree with this post wholeheartedly.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Don’t do that. Don’t give me hope for more TRON.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

cvnvcnv posted:

This doesn't really make much sense to me. More TRON will happen if they think it's financially viable, not if Star Wars becomes less financially viable than it was before. Like, why would Star Wars doing worse mean they want to give TRON another try?

I loved Legacy. Like, really loved it. But the reason we're not getting a sequel is because it didn't do as well as they hoped. Not because Star Wars is doing well. If they thought TRON 3 would do well, they'd make it alongside Star Wars if they had to. It's not like they have X amount of money allotted for sci-fi projects, and Star Wars is already using all of that up, so, sorry, no TRON.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Disney also has Avatar 2 lined up for December next year, and Avatar 3 the year after that. No room for TRON imo, as cool as TRON is.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
Lol if u think Avatar 2 is going to be out before 2022

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

The Peccadillo posted:

Why on earth has there been a new Stephen King adaptation every three seconds for the last couple years across a bunch of different studios?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I03MAkQ_OyM

When the coach came out and I heard the first line of this trailer, I legit had a panic attack and thought it was Bill Paxton SOMEHOW.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

The Peccadillo posted:

Why on earth has there been a new Stephen King adaptation every three seconds for the last couple years across a bunch of different studios?

They make money and people like them.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

thrawn527 posted:

This doesn't really make much sense to me. More TRON will happen if they think it's financially viable, not if Star Wars becomes less financially viable than it was before. Like, why would Star Wars doing worse mean they want to give TRON another try?

I loved Legacy. Like, really loved it. But the reason we're not getting a sequel is because it didn't do as well as they hoped. Not because Star Wars is doing well. If they thought TRON 3 would do well, they'd make it alongside Star Wars if they had to. It's not like they have X amount of money allotted for sci-fi projects, and Star Wars is already using all of that up, so, sorry, no TRON.

I really wanted that third movie they hinted at in Legacy.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

feedmyleg posted:

They make money and people like them.

People seem to not realize Stephen King is easily in the top thirty best-selling authors of all time in any language, insofar as book sales can be tracked. And then add in library checkouts and god knows how many people, especially in English-speaking countries, have read his books. He's especially big in the adult female market (there's a bit in On Writing where he talks about how up until he put out Riding The Bullet, one of the earliest e-books of any import, any man in a suit, and most men period, who approached him for an autograph always preceded the request for "my wife would kill me if I didn't get her one..."), and Gen X grew up reading him and are currently the moneyed adult generation most focally in the crosshairs of studios. He's also a movie fan so he's very willing to let someone take a tale of his for a spin for a reasonable sum (and for indie filmmakers, his "dollar babies" rights sales can be a big help in getting someone going in their career).

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Stephen King owns.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Dillbag posted:

Lol if u think Avatar 2 is going to be out before 2022

I believe! But yeah, I know... it's Cameron. Lmao. December 2021 is what, the 4th time it was delayed?

Hahahahahahahaha

:negative:

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
A King movie/TV show revival has been a long time coming. The tech to bring his books to the screen is there and horror is much more popular than it was.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

MonsieurChoc posted:

Stephen King owns.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-hyFSivSmw

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

MonsieurChoc posted:

I really wanted that third movie they hinted at in Legacy.

I too loved Legacy, but the only "hint" I can remember is the thing about her coming into the real world (which was my only gripe with the movie but whatever). Was there more to it? I haven't seen it in probably 5 years

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Friend posted:

I too loved Legacy, but the only "hint" I can remember is the thing about her coming into the real world (which was my only gripe with the movie but whatever). Was there more to it? I haven't seen it in probably 5 years

They had Cillian Murphy for a bit part that would obviously been more important in the sequel and a post-credit scene and other small stuff.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Tron was never good.

Come at me, nerds.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

davidspackage posted:

A King movie/TV show revival has been a long time coming. The tech to bring his books to the screen is there and horror is much more popular than it was.

We haven't even scratched the surface of peak SK saturation. Just wait until he dies in a couple years. How many short stories of his are still unadapted or poorly adapted long enough ago to make the cut and get turned into a movie or maybe something for an anthology series? Low hundreds?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Vagabundo posted:

Tron was never good.

Come at me, nerds.

It wasn't.

But visually it's loving gorgeous.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

I like the music too. And Olivia Wilde's character :allears:

lurker2006
Jul 30, 2019

AFewBricksShy posted:

Link to said short story
The Quiet Boy by Nick Antosca
Edit: Holy poo poo that's a great story.

Am I missing something here? Seems like a workable premise for a monster movie but nothing I read in there elevated it beyond that.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Vagabundo posted:

Tron was never good.

Come at me, nerds.

Right. It was always great.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

lurker2006 posted:

Am I missing something here? Seems like a workable premise for a monster movie but nothing I read in there elevated it beyond that.

Well you're in luck!

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

CelticPredator posted:

Right. It was always great.

You win this round.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

thrawn527 posted:

This doesn't really make much sense to me. More TRON will happen if they think it's financially viable, not if Star Wars becomes less financially viable than it was before.

If TOMORROWLAND could kill TRON, then STAR WARS can bring it back. The math adds up.

:shrug: