Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

always thank the rock hider

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

I'd actually be willing to let him in for one day only on election night because the thread will be moving too fast for anyone to get caught up in his stupid pissflapping anyway

But, I'm also willing to keep him out

Woo it's Pissday! :toot:

He would look forward to that more than his birthday I reckon.

Edit: Welcome to page two million. Thank you for all the money, everyone, but now it's time for you to pay me rent.

Braggart fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Oct 30, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
My oval office could beat up your oval office

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.

just so you know anytime you post poo poo like this i can't help myself and i go tweet something at them to shut the fck up or whatever

maybe consider not doing it

or keep doing it, i dunno. whatever.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

He takes more drugs than a touring funk band!

Praseodymi
Aug 26, 2010

Gonzo McFee posted:

Don't focus on Clegg. Clegg is gone. Focus on Jo Swindon who made it prohibitively expensive to take your boss to a tribunal, introduced the bedroom tax and sold out the most vulnerable for 5p plastic bags.

Forget this, he's abandoned Lib Dem support for one of the worst cases of truth-is-in-the-middle brain worms I've ever seen:

quote:

And politics is about compromise. If one side is winning, that means the other is losing. No matter what your viewpoint, no one should suffer for your victory. If nobody’s entirely happy with the way things are, everyone’s equal.
And the point is, if we have a more equal house, with a variety of viewpoints, we’ll always be in the middle ground, and not pulled to the extremes. In this scenario parties will have to work together to push policy though, not against each other, and be in coalitions more often than not.
I’m a lefty liberal, but conservative methods make sense economically and socially just as much as liberal ones do. We’ve got to find a way to placate both sides or we’re all screwed.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Ask him how how he believes both that victory necessitates a loser, and that's bad, but also conservative and liberal social ideas are good?

Because I agree with half of that! And that's why I'm a raving commie.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Coohoolin posted:

just so you know anytime you post poo poo like this i can't help myself and i go tweet something at them to shut the fck up or whatever
Do it. Maybe not exactly that, but something.

I want to know what they think Corbyn is actually going to do. I can believe that incidents of antisemitism are up, because of the rise of the alt-right, because of people reading National Action and Generation Identity poo poo when they were in the news, because of Great Replacement bullshit, because the historical undercurrent of antisemitism in Europe, and yes, because of a few pricks on the left who keep using 'the Jews' as a synecdoche for 'the Governance of the State of Israel in its present form' and they shouldn't.

But what do they think that Jeremy Corbyn, should be become Prime Minister, is going to do to the Jewish population of the United Kingdom? I can never find a concrete answer to this. I can get a concrete answer from Muslims and African-Caribbean people about what they worry about with Johnson and the Tories, but never this.

Praseodymi posted:

quote:

I’m a lefty liberal, but conservative methods make sense economically and socially just as much as liberal ones do.
I, what? :psyduck:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Also is this dude a yank because he really sounds like one.

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

Ooh, your place or mine? :pervert:

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Praseodymi posted:

Forget this, he's abandoned Lib Dem support for one of the worst cases of truth-is-in-the-middle brain worms I've ever seen:

Just call him an idiot and move on.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

OwlFancier posted:

The yank definition of 'liberal' has made massive inroads in this country and it pisses me off

Doccykins
Feb 21, 2006
this is the get stuffed incident Joanna Cherry just brought up

https://twitter.com/SophiaCannon/status/1189531207773626368

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

OwlFancier posted:

Maybe he's just arrived from the 19th century and is talking about how aristocratic nationalist protectionism makes as good sense as laissez faire free trade.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Ask him why starving the poor, in either tory or centrist flavour, is good and worth keeping in any form.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

#voteconservative doing well then.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Doccykins posted:

God the laughing and 'Oooooh' gently caress me off

Praseodymi
Aug 26, 2010

OwlFancier posted:

Nah, he's just absorbed their terms.

Gonzo McFee posted:

Just call him an idiot and move on.

Close, I called him lazy and said his 'principled stand' was bullshit. He said he wouldn't vote just to stop the Tories, he was going to vote to 'fix the voting system'.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Graun looked at party's election launch video tweets and as of this morning Labour's had 1.2 mil views and the Tories on 33k. Labour's had nearly as many likes as the Tories had views.

A New, More Powerful, Ratio

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Praseodymi posted:

Close, I called him lazy and said his 'principled stand' was bullshit. He said he wouldn't vote just to stop the Tories, he was going to vote to 'fix the voting system'.

CUKTIG it is

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

Doccykins posted:

Boris will spaff our economy up the wall.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Praseodymi posted:

what the gently caress does that even mean?

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

Praseodymi posted:

Voting for the Tories is voting to fix the voting system.

In favour of the Tories. Because that is what they will do.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Doccykins posted:

The Mayor of London, with his bleach blond bowlcut, telling someone to get stuffed because it got pointed out he closed down fire services while spunking public money on a private bridge that was never built.

If we had a functioning press he'd have had to flee this country.

Alctel
Jan 16, 2004

I love snails

Let pissflaps back in, at least for this election period

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Gonzo McFee posted:

The Mayor of London, with his bleach blond bowlcut, telling someone to get stuffed because it got pointed out he closed down fire services while spunking public money on a private bridge that was never built.

If we had a functioning press he'd have had to flee this country.

if he loses this election he might have to do this anyway and hail satan I am for that

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

imagine voting for social fascists like the lib dems, christ

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010

alphabettitouretti posted:

In other news, there's a guy stuck upside down at the top of a 270ft chimney in Cumbria.

https://twitter.com/naim_asghar/status/1188748621791006720

This fella has a solution though.

https://twitter.com/naim_asghar/status/1188775763102834689

That helicopter was over my house for 2 hours from 4am. In related news my wife insists that I wear a fancy dress outfit for a party on Thursday so I have suggested I go as a chimney with a doll hanging off my hat.

Any other suggestions? I fancy going as Marx with a massive fake beard. Truly terrifying for the yummy crowd we will be mingling with.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Skeleton in a top hat with a sash that says COMMUNISM and a burning torch that says ANARCHY.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

OwlFancier posted:

Skeleton in a top hat with a sash that says COMMUNISM and a burning torch that says ANARCHY.

BE GAY
DO CRIME

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea

Alctel posted:

How about no

Luxury Tent Carpet
Feb 13, 2005

I hunted the Orphan of Kos and all I got was this stupid t-shirt

OwlFancier posted:

this but the sash says "UKMT" and the torch says "PISSFLAPS"

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010

OwlFancier posted:

A Skeleton would be a good representation of Tory social policy. Or one of their goals.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Alctel posted:

gently caress no.

Pissflaps wasn't threadbanned because he had dissenting views to the majority, he was threadbanned because he made the entire thread about him. I don't want to go back to waking up every morning to 3 pages of arguments about Pissflaps.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Luxury Tent Carpet posted:

this but the sash says "UKMT" and the torch says "PISSFLAPS"

BE TEDIOUS
DO BAD POSTS

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
The thread is too "urban" for Pissflaps

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

Alctel posted:

Absolutely not.

The Libearian
Nov 24, 2007
Return your books or face mauling
Go on lads please make the trans people who regularly contribute to this thread and make it significantly better feel a little less welcome by letting an unrepentant bigot back in because I think it's funny. Christ, listen to yourselves.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Collateral posted:

A Skeleton would be a good representation of Tory social policy. Or one of their goals.

If you want the low effort version you can put a red sheet over yourself and go as the specter of communism.

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry

Doccykins posted:

The world is run by literally posh high school boys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

Rarity posted:

gently caress no.

Pissflaps wasn't threadbanned because he had dissenting views to the majority, he was threadbanned because he made the entire thread about him. I don't want to go back to waking up every morning to 3 pages of arguments about Pissflaps.

Gort posted:

How about no

Junior G-man posted:

Absolutely not.

Seconded*.

*Can't count