Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

King

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Go off, king!!!

Seriously I know we say it literally every time but imagine telling 2015 us that Daou would wind up the Clinton surrogate that turned out cool

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

sexpig by night posted:

Go off, king!!!

Seriously I know we say it literally every time but imagine telling 2015 us that Daou would wind up the Clinton surrogate that turned out cool

I'm certainly not gonna say I saw it coming, but he was basically the only three dimensional character in Clintonland.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Pharmaskittle posted:

I'm certainly not gonna say I saw it coming, but he was basically the only three dimensional character in Clintonland.

yea it shouldn't be as surprising as it is, but still wild to see

I hope this ends in him doing a weird incesty jazz song at a sanders rally, I would go to that.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Blessed Peter

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
Daou's power continues to increase more than we could ever hope to comprehend.

The Chapo gang really needs to do a special episode chronicling his evolution.

I see it as Matt showing pics of his tweets to the others while they are tied to wheelchairs, Red-Dragon style.

"See...Peter Daou. Now SEE.....Peter Daou...TRANSFORMED."

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Adam Pachinko Machine is an ant, crawling in the afterbirth.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

no gods no masters

comrade

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

2025, dick morris accepts a position in AOC's cabinet after the most remarkable political awakening of a generation

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

i say swears online posted:

2025, dick morris accepts a position in AOC's cabinet after the most remarkable political awakening of a generation

i don't think she's gonna let him suck on her toes

Nikaer Drekin
Oct 11, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Halloween Jack posted:

More like Max Shreck from Batman returns.

No, no, no. This is clearly Jimmy Page if you combed his hair back and puffed his head up a bit with a bicycle pump.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Tom Friedman: still has holes in his brain.

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1189512369778712582

Bastaman Vibration
Jun 26, 2005

Sephyr posted:

The Chapo gang really needs to do a special episode chronicling his evolution.

I see it as Matt showing pics of his tweets to the others while they are tied to wheelchairs, Red-Dragon style.

"See...Peter Daou. Now SEE.....Peter Daou...TRANSFORMED."

not chapo, but sam seder got a lengthy interview out of blessed peter about this very thing, twas v good

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

prefect posted:

God, what the hell could this mean? Does he expect Facebook to act out of some sense of duty? Too bad that there isn't any sort of ruling body for the country that could enact regulations that this business would need to follow.

How the hell do I get one of these high paying jobs showing my whole rear end?

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Cloks posted:

God, what the hell could this mean? Does he expect Facebook to act out of some sense of duty? Too bad that there isn't any sort of ruling body for the country that could enact regulations that this business would need to follow.

1. be an idiot failchild

2. go back in time, be white cishet man with degree and willing to deepthroat the boot 24/7 for decades

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

T-man posted:

1. be an idiot failchild

2. go back in time, be white cishet man with degree and willing to deepthroat the boot 24/7 for decades

dont forget help to oppress the Palestinian people for a few years!

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012

prefect posted:

i want daddy to save me but i also want it to be like in a movie

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Law Cheetah posted:

i want daddy to save me but i also want it to be like in a movie

Yes, but what if that movie was Battleship Potemkin?

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
Tom Friedman: Why won't those capitalists side with American Democracy?

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

Cloks posted:

It helps to express yourself with a magnetic dipshit confidence that makes dumb people think a simplistic piece that resonates with their biases is really smart and they're really smart for reading it because it has some nouns they don't recognize. Friedman is natural born Dunning Kruger whisperer.

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star
tom friedbrain

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
https://twitter.com/zei_squirrel/status/1189376240450506752?s=20

:neckbeard:

I didn't even notice this at first.

prefect fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Oct 30, 2019

Stickfigure
Sep 4, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nick was glad to hear that Chomsky agrees with Hitler too.

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

lol the squirrel blocked me
turns out they can't stand the mildest possible criticism

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Doctor Jeep posted:

lol the squirrel blocked me
turns out they can't stand the mildest possible criticism

Yeah that must be it, couldn't be that you're a terrible poster

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Crane Fist posted:

Yeah that must be it, couldn't be that you're a terrible poster

unironically yes, if I had said something bad I would've known it just like I have no problem with most of my probes here

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

though the squirrel posts good things they're utterly psychotic so it's easy to get blocked

Guildencrantz
May 1, 2012

IM ONE OF THE GOOD ONES
Chapo lore question: has it ever been explained why Felix is so obsessed with extended family relations? Like, the frequency with which he brings up uncles, nephews, cousins, in-laws etc in unrelated contexts is remarkable

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011

Guildencrantz posted:

Chapo lore question: has it ever been explained why Felix is so obsessed with extended family relations? Like, the frequency with which he brings up uncles, nephews, cousins, in-laws etc in unrelated contexts is remarkable

Most things normal people do can be explained by how they have a weird family member that just got out of prison for being “the bootleg dvd guy of the greater tri-state area.”

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
My cousin in law, who I just met for the first time at a wedding, got kicked out of Yale for running a fake ID operation so big it got him investigated by Homeland Security.

Fortunately, his dad is a rich retired doctor who lives on a golf resort.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Always read to me like shorthand for a small, lovely life, like nobody in your family ever gets away from home or had anyone better to hang out with other than the cousins you're just friends with by default at childhood.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Always read to me like shorthand for a small, lovely life, like nobody in your family ever gets away from home or had anyone better to hang out with other than the cousins you're just friends with by default at childhood.

Being on good terms with your extended family isn't lovely.

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Guildencrantz posted:

Midwest is weird about family

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I assume it's because he is the only one not to some degree estranged from his family

aside from Will, who strikes me as a pampered only child

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

As a protestant by heritage I'm fond of the ugly magic hypothesis, I'd like to see it explored further.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
I bet it's because Felix is Jewish. That's a stereotype, right? Was Larry David related to the Funkhousers, or did he just seem to be involved with their family a lot?

"Funkhouser" is such a great name.

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

"I don’t care if Biden beats Trump. I’m not offloading responsibility. If enough people feel similar to me, such as the large population of Muslim people in Dearborn, Michigan. Then he won’t"

Guildencrantz posted:

It fits into his larger “dumb lying guy” cinematic universe. I’m not sure if you’ve spent a lot of time with dumb lying guys or not, but they always have some kind of weird relation with some weirdo who’s done something improbable. Felix is trying to play off this stereotype.

I have a cousin who was always telling me weird stories (with absolutely zero prompting) about how his balls almost died, how he drank a fifth of vodka and was fine, how he discovered a ghost, how his girlfriend made fun of his disfigured genitalia, etc...

The punchline is that when I investigated how we were actually related, with the base assumption that he was a step cousin in law, is that there was actually zero relation and everyone called him a brother/cousin/nephew just to avoid explaining how they knew this guy.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
“My uncle works at Nintendo” type poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

prefect posted:

I bet it's because Felix is Jewish. That's a stereotype, right? Was Larry David related to the Funkhousers, or did he just seem to be involved with their family a lot?

"Funkhouser" is such a great name.

That’s not one that I’ve ever heard.