Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva
metagross looks like goatse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

less laughter posted:

Tyranitar is Evil/Rock, not Ground. She's the only mon in the series with that type combo.

I thought that felt wrong. Just remembered that it lost one of ground/rock evolving from Pupitar.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Hey thread! What's going on in here-

Bleck posted:

I'll gently caress a Metagross just to prove your point

....:yikes:

Dear God, please, let somebody leak something so we can talk about that instead.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
leak the new sexy pokemon

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
it's Obstagoon

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

less laughter posted:

Tyranitar is Evil/Rock, not Ground. She's the only mon in the series with that type combo.

Dark is not Evil.

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva
It literally is

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Whoever gave me my new avatar God bless you from the bottom of my heart. If y'all want any shinies or if there's anything specific you want in the future just gimme a ring. God I'm just so happy.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

qnqnx posted:

Dark is not Evil.

I vaguely remember the goon who translated the games talked about this. The Japanese name for the type is Aku which means Evil but he said that he wasn't allowed to use the word Evil because it was too religion-adjacent for Nintendo of America's rules about religion. He spent a couple days agonizing about it before settling on dark.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Should've gone with Naughty.

Abundant Atrophy
Nov 3, 2012
Had they given it a few more hours we might've gotten the Rude-type

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

I vaguely remember the goon who translated the games talked about this. The Japanese name for the type is Aku which means Evil but he said that he wasn't allowed to use the word Evil because it was too religion-adjacent for Nintendo of America's rules about religion. He spent a couple days agonizing about it before settling on dark.

And the translation is better for it.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Oxyclean posted:

I thought that felt wrong. Just remembered that it lost one of ground/rock evolving from Pupitar.
Just remember it's weak to Earthquake :eng101:

(this is unironically how I remember its typing)

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
Should've picked malignant

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

As an aside, Shadow Pokemon from the Colosseum/XD games are known as Dark Pokemon in Japan.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Sword/Shield up for preorder/voucher redemption on the eShop now :frogsiren:

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Do you get anything for preordering?

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Avalerion posted:

Well, they gave me a code for 12 quick balls anyway.

I thought I remembered reading that you'll get at least a free pokemon or two if you purchase the game early, but I'm not sure.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

man nurse posted:

Well, they gave me a code for 12 quick balls anyway.

I thought I remembered reading that you'll get at least a free pokemon or two if you purchase the game early, but I'm not sure.

You get the Gigantamax Meowth if you buy before January or February.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Avalerion posted:

The only ingame stuff is from Amazon and Digital. Amazon gets you a golden backpack and digital has 12 quick balls.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

https://twitter.com/GoNintendoTweet/status/1189521178177748992?s=19

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
If you preload it do you still need internet access to play it on release? I have to imagine yes, but if not I'd love to know since I'll be away on the 15th

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

indigi posted:

If you preload it do you still need internet access to play it on release? I have to imagine yes, but if not I'd love to know since I'll be away on the 15th

Yes. The system pings a server to know when to unlock a game or it'd be trivial to convince the Switch to unlock any game early by disconnecting from the internet and changing the date

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost

Ka0 posted:

Should've picked malignant

MalignAnt should already be a Bug/Dark pokemon anyway.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Zore posted:

Yes. The system pings a server to know when to unlock a game or it'd be trivial to convince the Switch to unlock any game early by disconnecting from the internet and changing the date

It also downloads a small patch to decrypt it as well iirc.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Nanigans posted:

Explain Reshiram being the one on the "Red" cover, compared to Zekrom on the "Blue" then.

Or going off their eyes, Reshiram is Blue Version and Zekrom is Red Version - or vice versa because of the whole opposites thing Gen V had going on

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Looking at the logos of B2W2 confirms which version is the blue one and which is the red one.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Red lightning and blue fire would've been cool to see

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

one of the coolest things you can do with your imagination is picture red lightning and blue fire

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
What if Sol Badguy and Ky Kiske had a cool babby

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
They did, his name is Sin

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012
I'm a recent switch guy, so I've never bought a digital download version of a nintendo game. Since I play docked all the time I really don't want to have to fiddle with swapping carts back and forth between this and Ring Fit since I'll probably be playing both each day for a while. So to get the digital download do I just use the in device eshop?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

You can also go to the website on your phone or whatever and buy there, it will download automatically if your account is linked to your switch

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

You can also go to the website on your phone or whatever and buy there, it will download automatically if your account is linked to your switch
Yeah, the online shop is fully integrated if you have already linked your account to your Switch - pretty sure you can manage your wishlist and everything, it's got full feature parity that I know of.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Countblanc posted:

They did, his name is Sin

DAMMIT you beat me to it!

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

MalignAnt should already be a Bug/Dark pokemon anyway.

Someone call me when Durant finally gets an evolution and its name is Bryant.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
*pre-evolution

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Nanigans posted:

What if Sol Badguy and Ky Kiske had a cool babby

:thejoke:

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Araxxor posted:

I'm fine with surprises, but I really want to know the starter evolutions since that's pretty much the first choice I have to make in a game.

It all started with that one choice...

That's right! His name is VAGINA!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Wait, what the gently caress is this?

Preload the game digitally on the eShop and receive a steelbook to... Put your megabytes in? What is going on