Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~

EVIL Gibson posted:

The The Adventure Zone Zone explained what I expected; they were trying to create instantly likable characters at the beginning and it just felt weird. Takko was not Takko at the first arc of the story of the DnD campaign. You saw hints of it with Alla-ka-gently caress-you, but you knew he got there after the train arc and more than a one-bit character in the arc where they are fighting two liches where he walks the astral plane to pull Magnus back.
Eveyone forgets that akward phase where Justin was like 'what if Taako was really stupid?'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Mr Phillby posted:

Eveyone forgets that akward phase where Justin was like 'what if Taako was really stupid?'

Idiot Taako and rear end in a top hat Magnus are definitely the weirdest part of listening to any of the pre-Crystal Kingdom arcs.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i'll turn the handle to the left then

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
Idiot Taako was hilarious. His talk with the engineer when they’re boarding the Rockport Limited is great.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

(he's got a good thing going)

um excuse me posted:

So I heard there's a fourth brother

Dougie

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

El Padrino posted:

Dadmaps were the best part of Clint's turn in the GM seat

I even liked his story a bit, and his penchant for goofy cartoon voices would work for him as GM.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

um excuse me posted:

So I heard there's a fourth brother

Yeah but they wont let him out of the attic

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
It's funny some folks at the Friday show at Kings Theatre suggested Paul the tour manager is the secret fourth brother.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Be on the lookout for the super obvious bubbler toke Justin does in the latest Sawbones!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/MBMBaM/status/1188862342651473920?s=19

This is the same theater they looked for ghosts in on the show.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_x1qvftnPs

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

DoombatINC posted:

Be on the lookout for the super obvious bubbler toke Justin does in the latest Sawbones!

Hell yeah

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
Y'all remember when VRV tweeted something like "Hey, who misses THE MCELROY BROTHERS?" then never mentioned it again.

I think about that sometimes.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Out of everything for Graduation I'm mostly just happy that we have spells again. Some of the best moments in Balance were when Justin would say "I'm gonna cast ______" and having it utterly break the encounter in a fun way. Levitate on the monster in Rockport Express really threw Griffin for a loop on how to make the fight still work.

Whenever the DM says "YOU CAN DO THAT?!" is when you get some real fun out of the system. Less of that happened in Amnesty. I'm listening to NADDPOD now, and hearing their DM getting constantly curved by creative spell choices is just great.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.

Not Operator posted:

Y'all remember when VRV tweeted something like "Hey, who misses THE MCELROY BROTHERS?" then never mentioned it again.

I think about that sometimes.

loving rogue social media managers

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Ziprecruiter is the strangest sponsor they do. Does MBMBAM really have a large managerial class listener base?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
This live show is a trip

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

Doctor Reynolds posted:

Ziprecruiter is the strangest sponsor they do. Does MBMBAM really have a large managerial class listener base?

West Coast techie hipsters? Yeah, most of them are probably managers now.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
Oh hell yeah, I was at the Philly show and was worried it wouldn't be released. The ballad of Flat Dad is BONKERS

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

Doctor Reynolds posted:

It might be like those Christmas Lexus commercials where everyone wondered why they air like people who watch Adult Swim can buy a Lexus as a Xmas present but then it turned out the price tag on them is so much that the ad only has to sell like 12 cars for Lexus to consider it a success.

Ziprecruiter probably charges a decent sized finders fee for candidates they hire and I can't imagine even popular podcasts charge much by the standards of an established company's ad campaign. There's also the case that you need to get unemployed and underemployed people to use your service because even though they don't pay you they're really what the recruiters are buying and I bet there are quite a lot of those in their fanbase

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

COOL CORN posted:

Oh hell yeah, I was at the Philly show and was worried it wouldn't be released. The ballad of Flat Dad is BONKERS

And yet Cheese Daddy from Atlanta 2016 was sent to hell where he belonged

Acute Grill
Dec 9, 2011

Chomp

Doctor Reynolds posted:

It's still a bonus if they get non-managers to sign up for the site since it's more data they get to harvest and more resumes they can claim to have.

Trapick
Apr 17, 2006

Also remember that the person posting ads and stuff is often not a manager, but the assistant of the manager, or some HR peon. The 58 year old ceo isn't posting his own job ads.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

Trapick posted:

Also remember that the person posting ads and stuff is often not a manager, but the assistant of the manager, or some HR peon. The 58 year old ceo isn't posting his own job ads.

Does Teen CEO listen to MBMBaM

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Blockhouse posted:

Idiot Taako and rear end in a top hat Magnus are definitely the weirdest part of listening to any of the pre-Crystal Kingdom arcs.

I remember Taako clips were what got me into the series. I got nervous when he made Taako an idiot, but I'm glad he dropped it.

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?
Taako tormenting the magic item vending machine curator was one of the best bits though.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

A sequel from the creator of Bigfoot Stole My Car

https://twitter.com/Ettin64/status/1189163197774716930

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!
Very excited for an Amnesty live show about helping Indrid get back on his feet after being exiled

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

EVIL Gibson posted:

The The Adventure Zone Zone explained what I expected; they were trying to create instantly likable characters at the beginning and it just felt weird. Takko was not Takko at the first arc of the story of the DnD campaign. You saw hints of it with Alla-ka-gently caress-you, but you knew he got there after the train arc and more than a one-bit character in the arc where they are fighting two liches where he walks the astral plane to pull Magnus back.

I thought about this when I started up Commitment and Amnesty. They were making a lot of character choices real early on.

So far I like Amnesty. Travis is much better when he's saving up his jokes for good conversational bits. I had to stifle a pretty hard laugh at work during the "patience" line when Aubrey was meeting The Interpreter.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

COOL CORN posted:

I hope Flat Dad was safely returned, he has so many followers now.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

If you are trying to make likable characters at the start, Aubrey is... a poor attempt.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

Jet Jaguar posted:

I hope Flat Dad was safely returned, he has so many followers now.

Paul took Flat Dad off the table and backstage, presumably to get him safely back to Thick Son

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

If you are trying to make likable characters at the start, Aubrey is... a poor attempt.

The absolute best thing about Magnus was he was just absolutely so plain bread mayonnaise to start. He was literally 'fighter with a shield'. There was like a page of backstory that Travis sent Griffin and which Griffin did not talk about until it came up (which I think changed quite a bit too). Also he was good at carpentry and maybe animal handling or something.

Aubrey being, like, this quirky, free-spirited wild child or whatever was just so boring, and she never went anywhere from there. Looking forward to seeing what they bring to the next season, in, oh gosh, one day.

Clearly the boys should laugh at the people who say 'don't play game with too many rules' and bring out Shadowrun. Then half of every episode can be discussing what dice to roll with what stats.

Edit: For real though wouldn't mind a magic cyberpunk game from these guys.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

What would the be funniest role to put Clint in for a Shadowrun style game?

It's been a little while since I dabbled in Shadowrun, but I thought I remember there being fairly complex mechanics to hacking, and you could have like a guy that'd stay behind in the van, basically traversing the tron-verse in parallel to the rest of the party doing physical infiltration?

what I'm saying is Clint as a Decker responsible for infiltrating security for the rest of the party seems like it'd be hilarious.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

They should get some of that Disney money and roll a start war

Overnight Blaze
Mar 7, 2017

I've been listening to the live shows lately, just marathoning a bunch of them, and one of the dumbest goofs that really gets me is them saying they're going to edit something out/in and just not doing that

Also imo as someone who didn't listen to all of it until it ended, Balance worked so well because it started off like so many pieces of media: you're introduced to these characters you have no reason to care about, endeared them to you, and slowly raised the stakes over time until people actually cared about the characters and their fight against a world-destroying evil.

Overnight Blaze fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Oct 30, 2019

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

Aubrey started out a little rough around the edges, but once Dr Bonkers got dropped she got a lot better.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice
Ned was instantly endearing to me because Clint, without having ever seen Gravity Falls, made Grunkle Stan to a T

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Tiny Heist should be good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!
Travis is very excited about Graduation

https://twitter.com/travismcelroy/status/1189514417165262849