Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Gnome Enthusiast posted:

You missed the secret areas I snuck into both stages. But that's ok because they wouldn't be secret if they were easy to find. Although there's some irony in you talking about how people didn't put hidden areas into water stages

Ha, of course! I guess that's what I get for making that comment :). I'll have to go back and find them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob

Gnome Enthusiast posted:

You missed the secret areas I snuck into both stages. But that's ok because they wouldn't be secret if they were easy to find. Although there's some irony in you talking about how people didn't put hidden areas into water stages

I've played a whole bunch of your levels after seeing your stuff pop up several times on OMT's stream and they are really good.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

guppy posted:

I've played a whole bunch of your levels after seeing your stuff pop up several times on OMT's stream and they are really good.

Agreed!

Gnome Enthusiast
Jan 7, 2007

The skies are always sunny in the heart of flavor country.
Thanks guys, I'm quite flattered.

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

Hi quite flattered. I'm Dad.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Flint_Paper posted:

Hi quite flattered. I'm Dad.

Ok, now I'm wondering how one could tie in dad jokes to a Mario level.

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

What items actually interact with seesaws and are there any cool mechanics I can use them for? I keep having a bunch of ideas and then the seesaw just goes through everything.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

I saw a kaizo level where a thwomp launched a spring with a seesaw that in turn launched the player. My level has spikes under a seesaw so you have to jump between them to get across (unless you're big, then you can cheese through) which isn't so much neat as it is just a thing.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
The penultimate level of my dumb my first mario series:

Mario against Global Warming 03

Level-ID: QSM-V23-YCG

This time the dumb theme is: Global Warming has won and the world is now a desert. Mario must cross it to find the one responsible. Can he reverse Global Warming?

Just a fast and furious level with low difficulty. If there's too many spikes for you, I even hid a secret easy mode!

It's longer than my first level and less difficult than my second one. A nice, breezy medium all around. Have fun!

And now I only have to finish the boss level and this dumb idea is done. :shepface:

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

In honor of Halloween, what are the best ghost house stages you've played in Mario Maker?

I'm still fond of that 3D maze that was blew up in a big way. Level code: P59-698-55G

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

OneMoreTime posted:

In honor of Halloween, what are the best ghost house stages you've played in Mario Maker?

Here's a couple of decent ones:
6JX-PB7-D1G
DTQ-LNC-9HG

Not a ghost house, but a cool "horror" level: B85-0VG-GWF

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

This is the best haunted house:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TS0yzHvQ3o4

Double May Care
Mar 28, 2012

We need Dragon-type Pokemon to help us prepare our food before we cook it. We're not sure why!

Palmtree Panic posted:

See-Saw Skies:

Q0W-0L4-WQG

Course has a semi-classic feel, just with more buzzsaws! Revolves around see-saws and tracks. Keep your balance and tip the scales in your journey to the goal!

I enjoyed this level. Monty Moles are some of my favorite enemies in Mario Maker and was fun to deal with underwater moles. I liked the downward auto scrolling section. You don’t see that too often. Only complaint is that the moles tend to float up, so they weren’t a problem at all. I really like the idea and execution.

Thanks. It's something I had an idea about and tried to throw whatever I could at it. It's good to know Monty Moles aren't exactly the best enemy for this gimmick, but I was already set into it and y'know.

Your stage is really cool. Very straightforward athletic level, though I noticed the goombuds before the final pipe fell off as soon as they spawned. I dunno.

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Level list for tonight's stream at 6 PM PDT/ 9PM EDT!

https://www.twitch.tv/onemoretimegfsn

1. Buzzy Beetle Express
By: Palmtree Panic 0CJ-K8T-Q8G

2. See-Saw Skies
By: Palmtree Panic Q0W-0L4-WQG

3. Mario against Global Warming 01
By: Libluini 2QB-2OB-8LF

4. Mario against Global Warming 02
By: Libluini: XCK-WY0-KPF

5. POW hopping
By: May Contain Nuts JHD-DND-BTG

6. Just Keep Spinning
By: May Contain Nuts DT4-31Y-GGF

7. Spiny Path Pow Drop
By: May Contain Nuts NK4-8B7-PRG

8. Mario against Global Warming 03
By: Libluini QSM-V23-YCG

=WEIRD SPOOOOOOOKY LEVEL BLOCK!=

A light in the Dark
By: BONEdog 6JX-PB7-D1G

???
By : Chiharu DTQ-LNC-9HG

The Snatcher
By: Poga B85-0VG-GWF

We'll also be playing the second world from that SMB3-inspired level set posted in the thread.

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Annnnnd we're live! https://www.twitch.tv/onemoretimegfsn

ANNNNND complete! VOD: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/502739247

Levels played:

1. Buzzy Beetle Express
By: Palmtree Panic 0CJ-K8T-Q8G

2. See-Saw Skies 00:12:30
By: Palmtree Panic Q0W-0L4-WQG

3. Mario against Global Warming 01 00:20:00
By: Libluini 2QB-2OB-8LF

4. Mario against Global Warming 02 00:23:30
By: Libluini: XCK-WY0-KPF

5. POW hopping 00:39:45
By: May Contain Nuts JHD-DND-BTG

6. Just Keep Spinning 00:53:30
By: May Contain Nuts DT4-31Y-GGF

7. Spiny Path Pow Drop 01:06:15
By: May Contain Nuts NK4-8B7-PRG

8. Mario against Global Warming 03 00:28:30
By: Libluini QSM-V23-YCG

=The One Lone Reddit Level=

Fire run 20sec 01:23:15
Snatchthatrat 8KR-S6W-92H

=WEIRD SPOOOOOOOKY LEVEL BLOCK!=

A light in the Dark 01:30:40
By: BONEdog 6JX-PB7-D1G

??? 01:36:35
By : Chiharu DTQ-LNC-9HG

The Snatcher 01:44:00
By: Poga B85-0VG-GWF

=Viewer Levels=

Koopa Kids' Revenge 00:35:00
By: Sofly_101 0F5-HDX-2PF

Inside the Hive 00:48:00
By: Sofly_101 HFC-B9P-DPG

The Wall 00:59:00
By: Sofly_101 VV1-MFV-F2H

Watch for Flying Rocks 01:50:00
By: Haschelcedricson JT5-L24-1RG

OneMoreTime fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Nov 2, 2019

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

Taking a break from three consecutive Fire Emblem runs to come back to this:

EDIT: Removed while I fix a thing

EDIT2: New level code is
GX1-FM4-1RG
Watch For Flying Rocks

Haschel Cedricson fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Nov 2, 2019

Gnome Enthusiast
Jan 7, 2007

Spiny Street - 514-DM7-HPG - This stage has enemies that aren't spinies so even if you don't like them I think you'll think this stage is pretty cool.

Terror Core - RGD-94B-FQF - The description does not lie folks, this is an old Mario Maker 1 stage named after a Doom 64 stage for some reason. I really liked that name? I guess. I still like the name.

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

Holy poo poo this is amazing.

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Going live in 5 minutes with some hot Mario action!

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Joining OMT in the SMM TTV game tonight.

Playing random stuff. Maybe expert endless or versus? Random Acts of Mario levels? No plan. Chill stream. See me when OMT goes to bed. :)

https://www.twitch.tv/cartridgeblowers

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

https://twitter.com/aquamarinephant/status/1191580611137327105

https://twitter.com/aquamarinephant/status/1191580852355862528

I'm caught up again.

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

...I am incredibly impressed by the second one. I did not expect that outcome at all.

tonberi
Oct 17, 2003

I made an athletic thing with munchers and moles, takes about 40 seconds to clear.

YC1-1G9-R5G - A Perfectly Extreme Bridge
Follow the coins and throw shells at the square to make it through this floating course! I think I’d rather take one of those ordinary bridges we came to a bit ago, this one looks rickety... The ceiling used to have a lot of spikes, but it seemed more fun to let the player hold jump if they so desired. This is probably tough, but doable by anybody with enough effort? Any feedback is appreciated, as always!

tonberi fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Nov 6, 2019

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

I'm feeling the hankerin' to make a couple of levels this week, one I want to make like a traditional Mario level, and the other that I want to use a weird gimmick for. My question to everyone: what stupid gimmick do you want to see/see more of? Weird autoscrolling swimming levels? Bomb juggling? Amazing mazes?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

OneMoreTime posted:

I'm feeling the hankerin' to make a couple of levels this week, one I want to make like a traditional Mario level, and the other that I want to use a weird gimmick for. My question to everyone: what stupid gimmick do you want to see/see more of? Weird autoscrolling swimming levels? Bomb juggling? Amazing mazes?

I love those claw swings (there's a name of them and I can't think of them right now, ugh). I never find those not fun.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Maintenance tonight in about 2 hours. I’d love to see an update but I’m not holding my breath.

Lol, nice! I’m pretty sure I managed to find the intended solution to that one.
https://twitter.com/jefftmbg/status/1191871663731703808?s=21

tonberi posted:

I made an athletic thing with munchers and moles, takes about 40 seconds to clear.

9RS-HLK-WMG - A Perfectly Extreme Bridge
Follow the coins and throw shells at the square to make it through this floating course! I think I’d rather take one of those ordinary bridges we came to a bit ago, this one looks rickety... The ceiling used to have a lot of spikes, but it seemed more fun to let the player hold jump if they so desired. This is probably tough, but doable by anybody with enough effort? Any feedback is appreciated, as always!

This was very fun, although the last bit with the POW block gave me a lot of trouble for some reason. I definitely felt very fatigued by the time I got there every time. A checkpoint would have been appreciated.

J-Spot fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Nov 6, 2019

tonberi
Oct 17, 2003

J-Spot posted:

This was very fun, although the last bit with the POW block gave me a lot of trouble for some reason. I definitely felt very fatigued by the tone I got there every time. A checkpoint would have been appreciated.

Thanks for this and the in game comment, reuploaded with a checkpoint in that general area! YC1-1G9-R5G - A Perfectly Extreme Bridge, now with a checkpoint!

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

For the first time in more than a month I made a level.

https://twitter.com/aquamarinephant/status/1191937570890010624

tonberi posted:

Thanks for this and the in game comment, reuploaded with a checkpoint in that general area! YC1-1G9-R5G - A Perfectly Extreme Bridge, now with a checkpoint!

I thought this was pretty fun and cohesive, but also there's only really a need to use the box as a guide, like, twice.

tonberi
Oct 17, 2003

Phantasium posted:

For the first time in more than a month I made a level.

https://twitter.com/aquamarinephant/status/1191937570890010624

This was very fun and felt like it would be a stage appearing in New Super Mario 3D World Land 2D! I especially liked the combination of parachutes and twisters.

I made another short, difficult athletic thing:
36T-KM1-FHF - Mt. Freeze
Jumping through SMB1 snow theme, starts at night time but the ice physics shouldn't be much of a factor since most of the course is spent jumping. The normal section ends with a hidden block that you need to hit to get into the pipe.

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Level list for tonight's stream at 6 PM PST. Only 10 listed, and I expect this to be more of a two hour stream given my lack of sleep over the past few days catching up.

1. A Perfectly Extreme Bridge
By: Tonberi YC1-1G9-R5G

2. Cozy Cherub Crest
By: Phantasium R8R-GYK-3MG

3. Mt. Freeze
By: Tonberi 36T-KM1-FHF

=Reddit Levels

4. run for 1ups
By: Littenlitten S38-B66-SMG

5. The Blazing Pyramid
By: Guppy-123456789 MJG-M3R-DVF

6. Shelly Puzzle
By: Kaminek0 HS3-PDM-1WG

7. Treasure Tracker #12: Parallelys
By: Kirby_QT 22F-64R-3FF

8. Turkey Bounce!
By: Bnell699x PMW-RDY-K6G

9. Thwomp Babysitter
By: Droctapussy MVK-0BT-BCG

10. Piping Platforms Volume 2
By: Alichen123 RGG-0MD-MGF

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Just saw the notice saying there will be yet another sever maintenance coming up in an hour.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

God I’d enjoy this game so much more if they just added bookmarking again.:(

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

J-Spot posted:

Just saw the notice saying there will be yet another sever maintenance coming up in an hour.

You've got to be kidding me.

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Well, I'm not seeing anything about the servers being down right at this moment, so we're going live with some levels! Until Nintendo stops us!

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Here's my new level that just debuted on OMT's stream:

The Best-Laid Plants
Course ID: 3DS-CWV-JBG
Difficulty: Normal
Multiplayer Friendly?: Yes

A traditional style course that shouldn't be too hard. I don't have any Mario World courses in normal difficulty so I felt like I needed to try to rectify that. See if you can find the hidden red Yoshi.

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

And stream complete! Thanks to everyone who dropped in, I really appreciate it.

VOD: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/505356805

1. A Perfectly Extreme Bridge
By: Tonberi YC1-1G9-R5G

2. Cozy Cherub Crest 00:23:30
By: Phantasium R8R-GYK-3MG

3. Mt. Freeze 00:39:45
By: Tonberi 36T-KM1-FHF

=Reddit Levels

4. run for 1ups 01:02:15
By: Littenlitten S38-B66-SMG

5. The Blazing Pyramid 01:06:45
By: Guppy-123456789 MJG-M3R-DVF

6. Shelly Puzzle 01:11:15
By: Kaminek0 HS3-PDM-1WG

7. Treasure Tracker #12: Parallelys 01:32:15
By: Kirby_QT 22F-64R-3FF

8. Turkey Bounce! 01:58:45
By: Bnell699x PMW-RDY-K6G

9. Thwomp Babysitter 02:09:15
By: Droctapussy MVK-0BT-BCG

10. Piping Platforms Volume 2 02:31:00
By: Alichen123 RGG-0MD-MGF

=Viewer Levels=

The Best-Laid Plants
By: JSpot 3DS-CWV-JBG 00:19:00

Shell Drops
By: Unclebeanbag 7VV-HDK-KXG

The Ascent 00:45:00
By: Bchin VB9-RFR-FPG

Interstellar 01:19:45
By: Bchin 2QR-GGS-NFF

Halloween Treat for Dashie 01:47:30
By: Furtado 26Y-C3T-XCG

Wii U Find Mii 02:05:00
By: Saintlantis P9S-02V-BCG

Fire & Ice 02:25:30
By: Furtado RLQ-C9F-RXF

Gnome Enthusiast
Jan 7, 2007

Rectangle Land - 36P-7Y6-68G - Them's some right angles.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
I am playing this video game:
https://www.twitch.tv/pizza_skeleton/

tonberi
Oct 17, 2003

I made this level that should be very easily beatable if you are connected to the chiral network and have other users’ built structures showing up. Otherwise, good luck, Sam!

3LY-62R-HTG - Just Deserts
Three different, difficult platforming challenges set in smb3 desert, of course some of it is at night! Good luck :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inu
Apr 26, 2002

Jump! Jump!

KTM-3CG-H3G

Ice Mole

This level has springs, ice, and Monty Moles. It may be more frustrating than fun. I'm not sure what people will think.