Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Bardeh posted:

loving hell it sucks living in such a safe Tory seat. Tom Tugendhat is my MP and everyone likes to suck him off on all the local Facebook groups that I'm a part of, which is the best bellweather I have. :(

incredible name though, though there are no safe seats when the red dogs loose the leash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
OK this is my new favourite - Bristol North West

Lab 27400
Con 22639
LD 2814

and of course it wants you to vote for the Libs

e: and it's not even one of the Lexiteer Labour MPs, it's some melt called Darren Jones

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

Bardeh posted:

:thunk:

E: I see that this is the same across literally every Conservative constituency. Lol

It's worth making poo poo like this into a single image file for each constituency they are pulling this crap in. Owning libs online aside it's actually pretty damning stuff and is a good tool, the lie is so obvious people will basically have to acknowledge it.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Coohoolin posted:

Awesome, gonna repost that.

Even though every labour supporter in my constituency and the neighbouring one I've spoken to is tactical voting SNP

sweet!
thanks for the scots advice, I got some rabid SNP fans in my gf's family who i want to keep on side

i'm thinking the scottish tories will collapse this time round, so I don't see much need for tactical voting.
apologies if Edinburgh North goes blue, it was all my fault.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

Pilchenstein posted:

Does anyone have the Corbyn vs May version of this that was about Goldeneye? :v:

Edit: also, the mystery of the anonymous Google Play gift card was resolved today when the postman knocked on the door to ask for it back cause it'd had the wrong address on it

"Giftcard???"

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Vitamin P posted:

It's worth making poo poo like this into a single image file for each constituency they are pulling this crap in. Owning libs online aside it's actually pretty damning stuff and is a good tool, the lie is so obvious people will basically have to acknowledge it.

Hopefully Labour door people will be ready to combat that poo poo. So many people won't know better.

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

feedmegin posted:

Funny that.

We're looking into who's running these sites, btw.

If by “we” you mean Momentum, then it’s actually me who’s running the investigation. And the stuff in this thread about Best for Britain is better than most of the stuff we’ve got so far (I don’t want to slag anyone off, everyone’s volunteering and trying their best). So if anyone wants to summarise what’s found in this thread (I don’t understand what the code stuff is about), I’ll make sure it goes to the right people.

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum
Should have known this thread is basically momentum_revolutionary_vanguard.xls

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

Comrade Fakename posted:

If by “we” you mean Momentum, then it’s actually me who’s running the investigation. And the stuff in this thread about Best for Britain is better than most of the stuff we’ve got so far (I don’t want to slag anyone off, everyone’s volunteering and trying their best). So if anyone wants to summarise what’s found in this thread (I don’t understand what the code stuff is about), I’ll make sure it goes to the right people.

Rather than go through the website individually, the code has scraped the answers available at once to summarise it quickly. The last table posted clearly shows that the site has been biased against Labour, and is as much a Tory tool as Sajid Javid.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

StarkingBarfish posted:

I can remember: I was talking to an older, somewhat liberal friend of mine and he, (somewhat jokingly)described me as a Marxist - sitting in a cafe, arguing endlessly and furiously about a utopian society. this was years ago but even at the time my immediate reaction was “oh no, we argue on message boards now”

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

sinky posted:

"Giftcard???"
Lol, I had to sign for it when it first turned up but yeah, if it'd been an anonymous giftcard for literally anything else I'd probably have spent the fucker before now :v:

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Castle Point

Con 30076
Lab 11204
UKIP 2381
LD 1049

another LD target

e: this has been a constituency since 1983 and it's never had 30000 LD voters. in total. ever.

Julio Cruz fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Oct 30, 2019

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Julio Cruz posted:

Castle Point

Con 30076
Lab 11204
UKIP 2381
LD 1049

another LD target

But all 650 constituencies are going yellow didn't you know?

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Pilchenstein posted:

Does anyone have the Corbyn vs May version of this that was about Goldeneye? :v:

Edit: also, the mystery of the anonymous Google Play gift card was resolved today when the postman knocked on the door to ask for it back cause it'd had the wrong address on it

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

I joined momentum when they were new because the BBC ran a headline calling them Stalinist Thugs

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
Graun's already got a story about that website:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/oct/30/tactical-voting-could-deliver-remain-victory-in-election-study

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Julio Cruz posted:

OK this is my new favourite - Bristol North West

Lab 27400
Con 22639
LD 2814

and of course it wants you to vote for the Libs

e: and it's not even one of the Lexiteer Labour MPs, it's some melt called Darren Jones

Darren Jones is literally a Second Referendum before General Election Remainer melt(y):

https://twitter.com/darrenpjones/status/1188888287676633088?s=20

He showed up at the Bristol anti-progation protest calling for a second referendum.

The site and it's lovely recommendations are loving outrageous nonsense.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

thespaceinvader posted:

But all 650 constituencies are going yellow didn't you know?
After Johnson turns off the water sanitation, yes.

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

always thank the rock hider
The justification given whenever anyone complains about the bias is that it's based on the European election results because those were more recent, despite the fact that they have never correlated with general election results.

A cynic might suggest that using the results of the European elections is just a convenient excuse to pretend that the Lib Dems will be winning everywhere, and those who made this decision are well aware that it makes no sense.

I couldn’t possibly comment.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Guavanaut posted:

After Johnson turns off the water sanitation, yes.

I would have gone with a jaundice due to lack of sunlight in the workhouses joke myself.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

That URL tells quite a story about how that article has developed.

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Tenebrais posted:

Holy poo poo lol.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

Tenebrais posted:

Yep, it's an edited version of the one they posted earlier which was basically an ad for the site.

Endjinneer
Aug 17, 2005
Fallen Rib
York Outer
Con 29,356
Lab 21,067
LD 5,910
Green 1,094

getvoting.org tactical vote recommendation... Lib Dem!

This site https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top-stories/best-for-britain-election-registration-campaign-1-6024826 suggests that they've been set up by Best For Britain who are an anti-brexit campaign group, so I guess their agenda is to build the lib dems up so they can block brexit enable a tory turbo-no-deal.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
Just been on tactical.vote site and put in my constituency and it shows Conservative v Labour. (Currently rabid hard right tory mp)

See all here.

https://tactical.vote/all

I guess we need to make this much more prominent as the tactical voting site.

Also, is there somewhere to share in private common pro-Corbyn memes that might backfire? I tried discord but it keeps loading an old user name for me instead of this one and I don't know how to switch names. I wish this forum were private.

Jaeluni Asjil fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Oct 30, 2019

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

It's cool how the Lib Dems are saying: "We are not the liars we were in 2010. Also, we're the only ones who can beat the Tories in this LAB/CON marginal."

I wonder if perhaps they are being shortsighted and greedy, and this might come back to haunt them as more people learn about it. Nah. Swinson knows what she's doing.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Do people really need a guide to tactical voting? I know the answer to this is yes but loving hell, Google your constituency, one of the first or second results will be it's Wikipedia page which will list the results for every election it's existed for. Look at that, maybe if you can be arsed cross-reference it with the Brexit referendum & Euro election results and work out for yourself. It pretty obvious for most places. It's not even high effort.

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Oct 30, 2019

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Also, is there somewhere to share in private common pro-Corbyn memes that might backfire? I tried discord but it keeps loading an old user name for me instead of this one and I don't know how to switch names. I wish this forum were private.
Try discord in a private tab/incognito window.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

forkboy84 posted:

Do people really need a guide to tactical voting? I know the answer to this is yes but loving hell, Google your constituency, one of the first or second results will be it's Wikipedia page which will list the results for every election it's existed for. Look at that, maybe if you can be arsed cross-reference it with the Brexit referendum & Euro election results and work out for yourself. It pretty obvious for most places.

As most people seem to do all their internetting on a smart phone these days, I think it makes looking things up too hard/time consuming. Personally, I couldn't be doing without my laptop. I do use the phone when I'm on holiday but how people function with such a small screen and horrible squitty 'keyboard' I do not know. Call me old. I am.
:corsair:

Guavanaut posted:

Try discord in a private tab/incognito window.

I'll try thanks.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

forkboy84 posted:

Do people really need a guide to tactical voting? I know the answer to this is yes but loving hell, Google your constituency, one of the first or second results will be it's Wikipedia page which will list the results for every election it's existed for. Look at that, maybe if you can be arsed cross-reference it with the Brexit referendum & Euro election results and work out for yourself. It pretty obvious for most places. It's not even high effort.

Pesky Splinter posted:

When May resigned the questions I got asked were;
1) "Oh, so is it Corbyn's turn to be PM now?" (I loving wish)

And then after explaining, no, it's a internal Tory thing because the Tories were the one currently in government.

2) Oh...so when do we vote for the PM them? Do we get a vote for that? (Not unless you're a Tory - which, thankfully, they aren't)

Just a complete disengagement with politics outside of quote-unquote "Big events", like an election, or the referendum.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

forkboy84 posted:

People need a guide to basically everything.

But most people don't need a guide to anything, since only about 10% of the population actually has the power to effect change at all.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

In the manic twitter engaged politics of our times can I remind everyone that Boris is still under investigation for punting money to his mistress whilst Mayor?

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

StarkingBarfish posted:

I guess it's one of the more predictable places for the intersection between Rabid Leftists and Computer Nerds

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Josef bugman posted:

I really wish I could do that, just not know things about some stuff.

Maybe you do? By definition you wouldn't know if you did.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Posted from that Cuban Linux distro where the penguins wearing a ushanka

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib
MrFlibble's comprehensive guide to English tactical voting

Vote Labour.

If you are in a conservative/liveral democrat constituency and are considering voting liberal democrat then follow your liberal democrat candidate, the lib dem leader and the lib dems party social media presence. You may stop following them when your delusion has passed.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

https://twitter.com/How_Upsetting/status/1189676608334041089?s=20

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

MrFlibble posted:

MrFlibble's comprehensive guide to English tactical voting

Vote Labour.

If you are in a conservative/liveral democrat constituency and are considering voting liberal democrat then follow your liberal democrat candidate, the lib dem leader and the lib dems party social media presence. You may stop following them when your delusion has passed.

I, to my own chagrin, once voted tactically because I thought voting Labour was stupid and the Tories won. The next year, I said to hell with tactical, voted Labour in a seat they had never won and Labour went and bloody did it. So loving vote Labour if you think you should or shouldn't

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

Total Meatlove posted:

In the manic twitter engaged politics of our times can I remind everyone that Boris is still under investigation for punting money to his mistress whilst Mayor?

Yeah but Bercow bought a Christmas tree and a washing machine! Who's the real greedy corrupt traitor here, hmmm? :thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Tenebrais posted:

It's been a day and this election campaign has already delivered major lols