Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Should I make a S3 psycho-pass thread? :thunk:

So far waffling how I feel on another male MC and his friend in this detective story/dystopia. I liked Akane and now it's like do I stick with this or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Yeah that's unfortunate. I guess that happens in the movies? Maybe I should watch them.

I do enjoy the newbie from S2 becoming the grizzled chief who chews out the protagonists when they break the rules but get results, dammit.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

Alder posted:

Should I make a S3 psycho-pass thread? :thunk:

So far waffling how I feel on another male MC and his friend in this detective story/dystopia. I liked Akane and now it's like do I stick with this or not.

Do you need to have seen the movies to understand whats going on?

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

here's a thing about shinchou yuusha:

its ED loving sucks

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus
Booooo! For a second, I almost believed High School Prodigies was going to get cool. You just killed a hundred soldiers! Shoot that gently caress in the face but with a real bullet!, and kick the revolution off proper!

ORESUKI! continues to improve on the manga.

Clitch fucked around with this message at 09:03 on Oct 27, 2019

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i don't think oresuki is great, but i've been enjoying 'incel learns to make friends with a harem thats not actually into him' as a twist on the genre. its also nice to have a protag that's not the usual doormat. the ugly girls beauty transformation is one of the most unbelievable i've seen though

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
and all I got was
this lousy virus
They make it a little more clear in the manga that Pansy binds her chest and puts effort into making herself look plain, so she's a reverse of the "shy nerd girl - glasses = hottie" trope. She's completely confident that she can snare guys with her physical beauty, but she wants Joro to be his rotten self and fall for her rotten self without resorting to her looks. It's bucking the formula enough to keep me entertained, so far, and the adaptation has added to all of the characters in positive ways.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Clitch posted:

They make it a little more clear in the manga that Pansy binds her chest and puts effort into making herself look plain, so she's a reverse of the "shy nerd girl - glasses = hottie" trope. She's completely confident that she can snare guys with her physical beauty, but she wants Joro to be his rotten self and fall for her rotten self without resorting to her looks. It's bucking the formula enough to keep me entertained, so far, and the adaptation has added to all of the characters in positive ways.

I don't why she wants him to be a terrible person. She goes out of her way to reveal the people trying to gently caress Joro over and help him solve his issues, and make real friends not based on lies, but wants him to be a real shitbag at the same time??? Her motivations make no sense.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
New thread :toot:

quote:

Mairimashita! Iruma-kun
Bandai Namco Pictures | Makoto Moriwaki | Kazuyuki Fudeyasu | Comedy, Demons, Supernatural, Fantasy, Shounen Manga | Oct 5, 2019
Suzuki Iruma has just been abandoned and sold to a demon by his irresponsible parents! Surprisingly, the next thing he knows he's living with the demon who has adopted him as his new grandson, and has been transferred into a school in the demon world where his new "demon" grandfather works as the principal. Thus begins the cowardly Iruma-kun's extraordinary school life among the otherworldly as he faces his true self, takes on challenges, and rises to become someone great...
PV
Thread

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

Do you need to have seen the movies to understand whats going on?

No the movies are side stories so I heard. I just watched S1/2 and the 1st movie and I understand the story fine.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
rifle is beautiful really feels like a show that. has like two or three funny jokes per episode

in this episode's case it was kinda just one

i think i'd enjoy it way more if it actually tried to be a sports anime instead of a 4koma comedy with sports because man the actual rifle shooting is not very interesting to watch

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Oct 27, 2019

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
and all I got was
this lousy virus

Nitrousoxide posted:

I don't why she wants him to be a terrible person. She goes out of her way to reveal the people trying to gently caress Joro over and help him solve his issues, and make real friends not based on lies, but wants him to be a real shitbag at the same time??? Her motivations make no sense.

Pansy's seen him be so dedicated to his friend that he wouldn't give in to her, even when she had the baps out. She knew he wanted to make up with his friends, he just needed to get over himself to do so. What she doesn't like is him playing the typical dense harem protagonist, when she knows he's actually always sizing up the situation and planning his moves. She's just as cynical and calculating but I think she's probably not being 100% honest herself. I think the Jekyll/Hyde reference is there for both of them. Joro's not a shitbag. He's definitely a horny jerk at times, but he's 3/5 a Kazuma at worst. Pansy's great, because she's absolutely the foil and love interest he deserves.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
tfw you have to question if you've been wrong on how doors work your whole life

https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1188584403934404608/pu/vid/640x360/3KbgDdX3OfO4KeLw.mp4

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos

Julias posted:

New thread :toot:

i was dubious but this rules

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Strange Quark posted:

tfw you have to question if you've been wrong on how doors work your whole life

https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1188584403934404608/pu/vid/640x360/3KbgDdX3OfO4KeLw.mp4

Lol what's this

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
lmao

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Case Files No.221 continues to be an oddly-enthralling version of Sherlock with this week's episode :munch:.

I really enjoy how they just take his rakugo shtick for granted and gather round to see how it plays out.

:stonk: "OH MY GODDDDD!"

Serge Painsbourg
Jul 26, 2016

You think so? I quit watching because the characters have absolutely zero chemistry with each other. None of the humor landed for me.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Serge Painsbourg posted:

You think so? I quit watching because the characters have absolutely zero chemistry with each other. None of the humor landed for me.

It's just such an odd duck of a show that I can't help but enjoy it.

wolfs
Jul 17, 2001

posted by squid gang

I guess I’ll give the Sherlock rakugo and demons-selling-children anime a peek this week.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Yet another year and I'm still confused why Shokugeki doesn't get a :siren:

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

GorfZaplen posted:

Lol what's this

Actors. We’re watching it in idolwatch and no one has any idea what the show is 3 eps in, but it’s so far like half school slice of life and half spooky supernatural gaslighting.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

kayakyakr posted:

because the azami arc killed the manga and many people's interest in it

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

kayakyakr posted:

just wait

wolfs
Jul 17, 2001

posted by squid gang

Strange Quark posted:

Actors. We’re watching it in idolwatch and no one has any idea what the show is 3 eps in, but it’s so far like half school slice of life and half spooky supernatural gaslighting.

What's idolwatch?

also, uh, I watched all 4 eps of Mairimashita! Iruma-kun and holy crap
what a fun jaunt
I like where it's going
I don't know if I like the OP past the first, oh, 10 seconds?
and the ED isn't really my thing either
but everything else is very charming!

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

wolfs posted:

What's idolwatch?

A stream focused around idol anime, which caused a cascade of other streams to come about

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3781031

Also just realized Squark has long given up on keeping the OP up to date

Allarion fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Oct 30, 2019

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

kind of a rough season for OPs from what i've seen. even MHA's is underwhelming, for the first time

the only OP i'm watching every time is No Guns Life so far

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

Patware posted:

the only OP i'm watching every time is No Guns Life so far

To be fair I'm only watching NGL and Beastars, but I ain't skipping either OP.

I guess I shouldn't have skipped the recent Beastars ED though.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Irumas OP sounds like a DDR song from 2002

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

oresuki has the only earworm OP song this season

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

average isekai has a surprisingly catchy one too

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Not really fall season related but

https://twitter.com/FluffyLai/status/1189371024485298176?s=19

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The Beastars OP rules

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

There's rumors that Re Zero season 2 may come out as early as January!

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
As someone who has put too many hours into the game I am incredibly biased, but I like the PSO2 anime's OP.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9bTUtM0qvE

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
and all I got was
this lousy virus

cave emperor posted:

average isekai has a surprisingly catchy one too

Wahoo wahaa.

HiDive has Joshiraku! now, so just go watch that OP and ED forever.

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder
also watch the rest of joshiraku

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

InspectorCarbonara posted:

As someone who has put too many hours into the game I am incredibly biased, but I like the PSO2 anime's OP.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9bTUtM0qvE

I only watched the first episode before I got bored but deeply appreciated the fact that the OP is a cover of the original PSO1 opening song.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Clitch posted:

Wahoo wahaa.

HiDive has Joshiraku! now, so just go watch that OP and ED forever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dc8gH2u__CE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Kagaya Homoraisan posted:

also watch the rest of joshiraku

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlbch74sfG4