Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

let's just go third worldist and say anyone born in the global north grew up rich

cancel everyone you know until only unproblematic immigrants from the 3rd world are allowed to be in media, politics, and comedy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

T-man posted:

let's just go third worldist and say anyone born in the global north grew up rich

cancel everyone you know until only unproblematic immigrants from the 3rd world are allowed to be in media, politics, and comedy

At which point they are immediately cancelled and considered class traitor

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

the proper nerdlet cum town fans are too pathetic

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

MizPiz posted:

At which point they are immediately cancelled and considered class traitor

permanent revolution baby, the cancelling never stops

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Shipon posted:

permanent revolution baby, the cancelling never stops

dibs on being the next LaRouche

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Pol Pot, but for Brooklyn podcasters

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Too bad about Mark Ames and Nima Shirazi but God will know his own

THS
Sep 15, 2017

ames is in long island

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
https://twitter.com/getfiscal/status/1189695562133778432

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

THS posted:

ames is in long island

long island is lovely but it's not west iowa lovely

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

thinking about that post in the Succ Zone earlier today about "the trophy that Canadians can never have"

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the only good podcasts are Citations Needed and Moderate Rebels

domestic & foreign discourse with zero excess, what the gently caress else could you possibly desire

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Taintrunner posted:

domestic & foreign discourse with zero excess, what the gently caress else could you possibly desire

CN is really good, probably the best podcast hands down. I'll checkout Moderate Rebels

also you forgot trillbillies, is there a reason you don't like that?

Also Economic Update with Dick Wolff is good; however, I want to like it more than I do because it feels like he spends 5 minutes rambling without going into any real detail, and it's like poo poo I already know on a surface level and just told at a surface level and thats it. i always hope it ends up being more Mark Blythy in detail with more anti-capitalism and communism but it just never does

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Xaris posted:

CN is really good, probably the best podcast hands down. I'll checkout Moderate Rebels

also you forgot trillbillies, is there a reason you don't like that?

Also Economic Update with Dick Wolff is good; however, I want to like it more than I do because it feels like he spends 5 minutes rambling without going into any real detail, and it's like poo poo I already know on a surface level and just told at a surface level and thats it. i always hope it ends up being more Mark Blythy in detail with more anti-capitalism and communism but it just never does

Trillbillies is fine I just couldn't keep up with their personal life diatribes and I love Economic Update but I never watched their interview segments, I just wanted to pick a top 2 to easily pop off to people

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Taintrunner posted:

radio war nerd is very good. you can't win is good if you're looking for something chill and conversational that is sometimes about politics

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

does getfiscal still post on here

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

exmarx posted:

friendlyjordies is bad

boonta vista is good

i don't follow auspol as much as i should (because it's super loving depressing) but i heard boonta vista on qanon anonymous and they were good enough to make me consider listening to their podcast. friendlyjordies is so annoying i couldn't figure out if he was good or bad before i turned off his video

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005
citations needed is mostly good when it comes to foreign intervention and episodes focusing on economic injustice, but some of their episodes focusing on identity are very lib and, dare i say, race reductionist. sometimes they do tend to get hung up on hasty generalizations even in the face of bringing up specific counterexamples. the episode today on automation where it puts most of the blame on foreign trade moving jobs to lower wage countries, which is true in some sectors but incomplete given how manufacturing in the US is still a very huge industry, albeit with far fewer workers than in the past because of...automation.

their mike rowe and john stossel eps were excellent though

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

Shipon posted:

their mike rowe and john stossel eps were excellent though

The John stossel ep had me yelling in my car

Also the street fight ep about Mike Rowe is very good as well

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Captain Billy Pissboy posted:

The John stossel ep had me yelling in my car

Also the street fight ep about Mike Rowe is very good as well

when i was a little kid he was still on 20/20 and i watched that and liked his segments

don't know how i avoided becoming a shithead libertarian, probably the not being from a well off family thing but

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Citations Needed could stand to be a lot more careful in their analysis of economic issues, especially since a strong Marxist argument is the best antidote to neoliberal ideology. Still one of the best podcasts going.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

holy loving poo poo lmfao this is just embarassing

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Game recognize game. :D

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Taintrunner posted:

being a podcaster is real real tough work i mean so much hardship

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Taintrunner posted:

What's up?

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
the podleteriat

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

MizPiz posted:

What's up?

Kath Barbadoro tweeted "leftism as a grift makes no sense because nobody who thinks like us has any money or is in charge of anything". Nick RT replied with a joke digging at Kath, in this instance about how she co-hosts a couple podcasts, and his followers took that as a sign to descend on her (which they do whenever he makes a joke at her expense, something he's done more and more frequently) with the typical abusive comments and photoshops about her looks but this time also her relatively privileged upbringing she once opened up about.

understandably Kath has grown tired of this pattern and called Nick out, so he dropped character and stammered out some poo poo like the screen cap you quoted about the ontology of grifting (which by his definition Chapo is a grift which I personally found funny), and self-aware stuff about how Cum Town only gained the traction it did because people who like their crass style of humor convinced themselves it was a leftist podcast since the hosts voted Bernie and they played that and their Chapo connection up to corner the "leftist comedy podcast but we make rape jokes and say slurs" niche

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

i did it i made a podcast, but idk whether to link cos it feels a bit tacky

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
:justpost:

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

once again, the conclusion is as it always will be: gently caress the fans

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

gh0stpinballa posted:

i did it i made a podcast, but idk whether to link cos it feels a bit tacky

Post the Patreon or Paypal link.

Slanderer
May 6, 2007
https://twitter.com/nickmullen/status/1189543777230315523

https://twitter.com/nickmullen/status/1189572178276171777

https://twitter.com/nickmullen/status/1189572424053985285

https://twitter.com/nickmullen/status/1189574730828931072

true. especially about african guy.

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/nickmullen/status/1189584332815515650

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
and that's all just fallout from Aimee Terese accusing Street Fight of being a grift, which is uhh where's that smiley of :psyboom: but instead of viscera he explodes into a a bunch of :ironicat:s

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/allahliker/status/1189597190899019776

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Autism Sneaks posted:

Kath Barbadoro tweeted "leftism as a grift makes no sense because nobody who thinks like us has any money or is in charge of anything". Nick RT replied with a joke digging at Kath, in this instance about how she co-hosts a couple podcasts, and his followers took that as a sign to descend on her (which they do whenever he makes a joke at her expense, something he's done more and more frequently) with the typical abusive comments and photoshops about her looks but this time also her relatively privileged upbringing she once opened up about.

understandably Kath has grown tired of this pattern and called Nick out, so he dropped character and stammered out some poo poo like the screen cap you quoted about the ontology of grifting (which by his definition Chapo is a grift which I personally found funny), and self-aware stuff about how Cum Town only gained the traction it did because people who like their crass style of humor convinced themselves it was a leftist podcast since the hosts voted Bernie and they played that and their Chapo connection up to corner the "leftist comedy podcast but we make rape jokes and say slurs" niche

every part of these interactions sounds terrible. i feel dumber and worse for having read your account of them. i attribute this terribleness to a combination of how bad the people involved are, and how bad twitter is for discussing anything

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

my shoes are too fast

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
lol at the idea cumtown got springboarded by pretend leftism, it just shares a bit of that internet brain damaged audience is all. Primarily benefited from proximity, literally, to chapo.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

Finicums Wake posted:

every part of these interactions sounds terrible. i feel dumber and worse for having read your account of them. i attribute this terribleness to a combination of how bad the people involved are, and how bad twitter is for discussing anything

I want a coronal mass ejection or whatever to wipe out our modern telecommunications infrastructure, not as a way to radically avert climate catastrophe or give civilization more time to resolve its social contradictions without just using technology to paper over the holes, but so that even if it's too late for me, nobody else will ever have this podcaster extended universe poo poo cracking and pinging around their skulls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Autism Sneaks posted:

and that's all just fallout from Aimee Terese accusing Street Fight of being a grift, which is uhh where's that smiley of :psyboom: but instead of viscera he explodes into a a bunch of :ironicat:s

that people give a single poo poo what that person has to say is beyond me