Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
anime
.hack//Sign
.hack//Legend of the Twilight
.hack//Roots
View Results

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Jackard posted:

Yea I remember the ending was unsatisfying..?
it was an okay ending. it wasn't a dumpster fire or just abrupt "no more chapters", it wrapped up and ended in a handful of chapters and there you go.

I did like his second to last form though. Always a sucker for mechs with "human" eyes like that, like the Nirvash from Eureka Seven and such

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

jwang posted:

Didn't someone wanted an isekai of an author into a world of his own creation? I think this is something close to what you wanted?

Wait a second!

Isn't that premise Alan Wake? I'm genuinely asking, I never played it.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

RareAcumen posted:

Wait a second!

Isn't that premise Alan Wake? I'm genuinely asking, I never played it.

Kinda?

Less Wake getting pulled into a world that he created, more the world itself being edited. The Big Bad of the game had the power to alter reality to match artistic works written in its domain. He does get pulled into its home dimension at the end, though.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

This Time I Will Definitely Be Happy! got a few more chapters translated. I can appreciate the Demon Lord wasting no time in making an impression. Him cursing the people who killed Jun by having monster centipedes crush and grind them for all eternity (and presumably still aware) is incredibly :stare:.

Also another chapter of Timeslipped into Sengoku Era got released. Honda is such a dork and I love his awkward proposal. :allears: Shizuko crushing the sexist kid by challenging him to translate English sentences was pretty good, and I like the hint of a smug smile while she was writing it.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
new chapter of The Wolf Won't Sleep :toot:

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

I'm really enjoying Ascendance of a Bookworm. The anime's art doesn't live up to the manga's, but that's to be expected. It does feel like she's been kinda floundering around for a dozen chapters tough with little purpose.

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!
I praise bookworm a lot, both the LN and the manga, but to be honest it wasn’t until seventeen chapters in that I found myself caring about Myne or anybody else in the story. I think the manga is (unusually) better than the novel at showing the internal emotional states of characters, so the big moments generally hit harder.

So, look forward to that!

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
It's funny because having read the WN and manga, I find the anime to be paced too fast. I realize that it's just me. Anyway, since you read the manga you probably know this but this is the last floundering she'll do; by next week she'll have clearer goals to work towards instead of trying to figure out what her paper substitute of the week is.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
Bookworm anime weirds me out every time I start an episode cuz its too colorful. The first third of the story is about a girl who gets stuck reincarnated in a dreary england-like medieval city without her books. What drew me to the manga aside from good characters was the lovely patched clothes and the dirt and lack of education and all that other good "medieval life sortof blows"-ness. I'd appreciate if the anime was even a little bit drab thank you very much.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Uh a 2nd Bakarina adaption? From the description seems like this one skips her childhood.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

RatHat posted:

Uh a 2nd Bakarina adaption? From the description seems like this one skips her childhood.

But that's like, all the good fun stuff.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
This deviates quite a bit by making the change happen so late. I dunno if I like it.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

I don't know who was asking for hard mode Bakarina, but I'm glad it's popular enough to be getting spinoffs published.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

WTF is this Isekai Ojisan thing I'm reading?

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Mordaedil posted:

This deviates quite a bit by making the change happen so late. I dunno if I like it.

Yeah same. It makes it feel incredibly off. Like her sudden change feels much more jarring now.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

doomrider7 posted:

Yeah same. It makes it feel incredibly off. Like her sudden change feels much more jarring now.

Sudden brain damage does that to a person.

Syritta
Jun 28, 2012
I wanna see how the idiot interacts with their original personalities, though

Galvanik
Feb 28, 2013

Did Wrong Way To Use Healing Magic get cancelled or something? It feels like I haven't seen an update in many months.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Galvanik posted:

Did Wrong Way To Use Healing Magic get cancelled or something? It feels like I haven't seen an update in many months.

I thought there was some drama with the scanlators and they pulled it from mangadex. God only knows where you'd find it now.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
the group that was scanlating it quit mangadex in protest of something

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Galvanik posted:

Google ptscans, it and some others are there. They pulled out in the dumb drama over mangadex wanting to eventually go legit.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

It hasn't updated in a year, even on their site

khy
Aug 15, 2005

I want an Isekai similar to the disqualified crest one, where a super OP guy reincarnates into a world that's all basic but I don't want him to show off, I want him to educate everyone else and turn THEM into OP badasses instead. Disqualified crest is great when he's teaching the other girls and the rest of his class how to kick rear end, but it loses a lot of the fun when he wades into everything and handles everything effortlessly. Is there such a thing?

khy fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Nov 2, 2019

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

And by "a year" i mean 2 months because i misread the date on their site

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!
The wrong way to read scanlation websites

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Siegkrow posted:

WTF is this Isekai Ojisan thing I'm reading?

There's a million isekai about older guy isekai, is it a particular one you mean?

"Isekai ojisan" search on mangadex only brings up isekai transporter, if that's what you mean, then yeah its great ain't it

RangerKarl
Oct 7, 2013

Captain Invictus posted:

There's a million isekai about older guy isekai, is it a particular one you mean?

"Isekai ojisan" search on mangadex only brings up isekai transporter, if that's what you mean, then yeah its great ain't it

I think they mean this one: https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=151721

Interesting concept but I want to punch the titular ojisan so much for being a one track SEGA otaku

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

I want an ojisan isekai that doesn't have a harem of underaged girls but a harem of other ojisans instead

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

RangerKarl posted:

Interesting concept but I want to punch the titular ojisan so much for being a one track SEGA otaku

Yes this one.
What is wrong with this??

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...

khy posted:

It has a spinoff called "TONDEMO SKILL DE ISEKAI HOUROU MESHI SUI NO DAI BOUKEN" which is all about the adventures of the pet slime, and thee slime is the cutest goddamn thing ever.

Read it Here

In the latest chapter they try to explain children to the slime. "They're small like you."

How can anyone not love this adorable little guy
Catching up on this and I want everyone to see the best panel of the chapter:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

RatHat posted:

Gonna take more than this to sour me on Bakarina. Now I'm dual-wielding otome isekai!

Syritta
Jun 28, 2012

RangerKarl posted:

I mean so do most of the other characters. (They, and you, are right.)

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

edit:Had some weird gateway missing error come up, sorry about the multipost!

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 13:53 on Nov 2, 2019

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

edit:Had some weird gateway missing error come up, sorry about the multipost!

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 13:53 on Nov 2, 2019

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
But what about your workout routine?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
There are like, 15 billion different otome game villainess isekais so you probably need more arms.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Clarste posted:

There are like, 15 billion different otome game villainess isekais so you probably need more arms.

I'm reading half of them, can confirm.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

blizzardvizard posted:

I want an ojisan isekai that doesn't have a harem of underaged girls but a harem of other ojisans instead
My retirement is great in another world with my lemon party.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

blizzardvizard posted:

My double posting is great in awful app with my lemon party.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Otherworld Retirement Home?