Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

SchrodingersCat posted:

So, he's going to be 21st century Taft with a dash of Hoover, basically?

I think it far more likely that Trump is going to be known as the start of a long slide into an oligarchy followed by bloody, violent rebellion. I think the future looks more like Tank Girl than Idiocracy.

Taft was really not that bad of a guy besides being fat and jolly, and Hoover was a great humanitarian privately, just a really lovely President

Compare him to Buchanan or Harding or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pkay
Jan 4, 2005
"You and your ilk just made me vote downticket R in the midterms."
- a black man (- a magachud)

SchrodingersCat posted:

I think it far more likely that Trump is going to be known as the start of a long slide into an oligarchy followed by bloody, violent rebellion. I think the future looks more like Tank Girl than Idiocracy.

The long slide began a while ago. I think Trump is going to be the accelerant if anything.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/KerrrryC/status/1189722271423717381

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Kinda feel like the trump campaign spending literally over a billion dollars on ads is going to somehow backfire.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

TulliusCicero posted:

Taft was really not that bad of a guy besides being fat and jolly, and Hoover was a great humanitarian privately, just a really lovely President

Compare him to Buchanan or Harding or something

buchanan or Johnson will always be the worst. i think trump will probably be in the top 5 worst, though.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Better audio

https://mobile.twitter.com/KerrrryC/status/1189727494049390592

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

That's quite a load you got in them diapers
https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1189723498945613824

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

That's quite a load you got in them diapers
https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1189704826847997952

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

SchrodingersCat posted:

the start of a long slide into an oligarchy

I'd date that back significantly further

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

SchrodingersCat posted:

taft was vastly superior to donald trump for the time, and very likely objectively

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer
Jumbotron campaign ad. Yay Jesus.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

drat. thats some nice poo poo and gives me hope.

GreyjoyBastard posted:

taft was vastly superior to donald trump for the time, and very likely objectively

yep. taft was good dude who was also a man of his times who was pretty progressive and also hated his job. also he was fat dude who knew how to wear a suit.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

This was at the Nats stadium watch party

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
dont compare Donnie to Taft or else you'll slide into a timeline where he then becomes a Justice.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
Grimey Drawer

Yep, impeachment will likely happen. Poke the Senate; they have phones/email/twit/and probably telegraph operators too.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

good, lets hope we have enough fire in the info that will force the senate to at least pretend to care or scare them.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Secure Sheltie room tax:

https://i.imgur.com/TIutJoF.mp4

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1189736568958918657?s=20

quote:

Moments after President Trump ended his phone call with Ukraine’s president on July 25, an unsettled national security aide rushed to the office of White House lawyer John Eisenberg.

Army Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman, the top Ukraine adviser at the White House, had been listening to the call and was disturbed by the pressure Trump had applied to Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky to investigate his political rivals, according to people familiar with Vindman’s testimony to lawmakers this week.

Vindman told Eisenberg, the White House’s legal adviser on national security issues, that what the president did was wrong, said the people, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because of the ongoing investigation.

Scribbling notes on a yellow legal pad, Eisenberg proposed a step that other officials have said is at odds with long-standing White House protocol: moving a transcript of the call to a highly classified server and restricting access to it, according to two people familiar with Vindman’s account.

oops

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Hahahaha I love you.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

No wonder his dad hates him.

osker
Dec 18, 2002

Wedge Regret

I just plowed through this, holy cow these people are craven, also vindman has a twin brother that the Orangina is going to use as proof of a Never Trumper witch hunt.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

SchrodingersCat posted:

why are you comparing trump to taft? taft was pretty ok president, not great but not a fuckup either

if it's because taft was notoriously fat, he was able to not only joke about his weight but used it in his campaign to project a neighborly character

Kale
May 14, 2010

Wow world class advice there. Hey maybe don't act like a frothing raging rear end in a top hat about everyone that dare criticize you every 5 minutes pn twitter. Especially your party and especially those whose votes you want if/when it comes down to acquittal.

Kale fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Oct 31, 2019

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Tatf and a some other fat guy owned up to their fatness too, Donnie is a sack of poo poo and insist he's not a sack of poo poo.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
taft fat jokes

quote:

"One day I was in the President's private room ... when Senator Chauncey Depew came in. ... After we had talked serious matters for a few minutes and were about to depart, Mr. Depew stepped up to Taft and, taking liberties that I never would have thought of taking with a president, said to him, putting his hand on Mr. Taft's big frontal development: 'What are you going to call it when it comes, Mr. President?' It was just about that time when Mr. Taft was beginning to have some difficulty with Roosevelt, and he quickly responded: 'Well, if it's a boy, I'll call it William; if it's a girl, I'll call it Theodora; but if it turns out to be just wind, I'll call it Chauncey.'"

quote:

After Taft lost the election of 1912, Yale University sent a man to the White House to suggest that Taft accept a Chair of Law at the University. Taft replied that a Chair would not be adequate, but that if the University would provide a Sofa of Law, "it might be all right"

quote:

Taft was the first President to use automobiles regularly. There was a debate in Congress whether money should be appropriated to acquire autos for the White House. One Congressman remarked during the debate: "The incoming President [Taft] proposes to abandon horses for reasons that the gentleman well knows: he does not wish to violate the law against cruelty to animals"

quote:

"Justice Brewer of the Supreme Court said that 'Taft is the politest man in Washington; the other day he gave up his seat in a street-car to three ladies.'"

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004
Please send a report when you see me complain about other posters and threads outside of QCS

~thanks!

Does he think Biden was the president?

logger
Jun 28, 2008

...and in what manner the Ancyent Marinere came back to his own Country.
Soiled Meat

Booourns posted:

Does he think Biden was the president?

Its the only way he can come to terms with the fact that our current president is a criminal.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Nationals just won. Wonder if they will be invited to the white house. If so they should boo trump to his face.

logger
Jun 28, 2008

...and in what manner the Ancyent Marinere came back to his own Country.
Soiled Meat

America's greatest fandom right there. Congrats on your team's World Series win.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Madkal posted:

Nationals just won. Wonder if they will be invited to the white house. If so they should boo trump to his face.

Odds on Trump taking credit for leading them to victory in Twitter tomorrow?

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

NO GRIFT! NO GRIFT! YOU'RE THE GRIFT!

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

luxury handset posted:

taft fat jokes

These are amazing thank you

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Odds on Trump taking credit for leading them to victory in Twitter tomorrow?
Guaranteed odds on that

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

jrs beard is so loving poo poo

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

Madkal posted:

and right after the maga chuds took a victory lap about the nats losing game 5 where everyone was initially booing :allears:

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
After Nats fans booed Trump, there could be no better outcome than this.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Data Graham posted:

Just from a salesmanship standpoint you'd think he'd have absorbed somewhere along the 70-year line that if you talk solely in superlatives you just make your mark less likely to trust what you're saying. Nothing can be that good!

... Though I guess there'll always be a certain kind of mark who is attracted to a person like him, with power and charisma (of a sort) and a too-good-to-be-true story to tell, and who will happily lap it up because it seems at first to be panning out, and eventually you're in too deep to remember that you once knew it was a grift.

Why does anyone give Trump credit for any skill at business, even now :confused:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

I think ya'll are reading this wrong. This isn't DeejTeej showing an amazing lack of self-realization, he's literally wishing he was Hunter Biden in order to simply be somebody, anybody else in order to escape the daily existential nightmare that is Being Donald John Trump Jr., son of American President and alleged hyper-criminal Donald John Trump.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

luxury handset posted:

taft fat jokes

it came up last time but i would like to note that despite advancements in tailoring technology Taft was INFINITELY more dapper than Donald Trump, because he accepted that he was fat and had his tailor make him look good, rather than focusing on trying to look less-fat