Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I only like the good star treks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry
I like all of them, even the enterprise one, sometimes.

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

What's everyone's favorite scary Star Trek episodes? I just finished watching First Contact and the Borg are spooky. The general themes of the movie are pretty dark too. And Geordis eyes.

My favorite scary episode is Schisms. The TNG episode where everyone gets abducted by interdimensional aliens.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Eat The Rich posted:

What's everyone's favorite scary Star Trek episodes? I just finished watching First Contact and the Borg are spooky. The general themes of the movie are pretty dark too. And Geordis eyes.

My favorite scary episode is Schisms. The TNG episode where everyone gets abducted by interdimensional aliens.

The one where Troi realizes that her mom left her sister alone in the tub.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
this one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7preE2hojM

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

Facebook Aunt posted:

Why bother? You can just go down to sickbay and get new eyes.

:techno: - i don't think so tim

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Eat The Rich posted:

There's an episode of Voyager where everybody bleeds from the eyes, and some people hang from the ceiling and bleed from the eyes. I want to say it's the one where they find the Ocampan space station, and the leader unlocks Kes' ability to make people bleed from the eyes. Strange power, but okay.

Ritznit
Dec 19, 2012

I'm crackers for cheese.

Ultra Carp
Archer talks with an alien woman. Suddenly the translator stops working. What does he do? Instantly force himself onto her to make out to shut her up. I hate this guy.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Ritznit posted:

Archer talks with an alien woman. Suddenly the translator stops working. What does he do? Instantly force himself onto her to make out to shut her up. I hate this guy.

If it was Riker, you'd be applauding. Double standards.

1000 Brown M and Ms
Oct 22, 2008

F:\DL>quickfli 4-clowns.fli
For TNG, apart from Schisms, I like Phantasms and Genesis for creepy episodes.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Blistex posted:

The one where Troi realizes that her mom left her sister alone in the tub.

:(

Olewithmilk
Jun 30, 2006

What?

1000 Brown M and Ms posted:

For TNG, apart from Schisms, I like Phantasms and Genesis for creepy episodes.

I thought Scary Worf and Spider Barclay should gently caress off when I was little.

thehandtruck
Mar 5, 2006

the thing about the jews is,
lwaxana is definitely a sex predator but the ep with her and goopo in the elevator is very touching

Dr. Sneer Gory
Sep 7, 2005

Eat The Rich posted:

Charlie X. Whole episode is creepy, but that part with the "No laughing!" and then that woman comes around the corner with the muffled cries and moans and no face.

Then the ending, Charlie begging to stay because the the aliens have no capacity for human touch or love.

It's something that diminished from the franchise as time went on, that space could be full of weird scary poo poo.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
The single Borg episode of Enterprise that basically played out like a slasher movie both owns and is the best Enterprise episode that doesnt involve nazis being gunned down

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
The Borg are pretty much just space zombies.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
I've been watching Voyager for the first time since it was new. Last night I watched the one with Amelia Aerhart and while normally that truck firing up after 400 years in deep space would have irritated me enough to ruin the episode, my daughters like Janeway so much it's infectious and I found myself enjoying it anyway.

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

Danaru posted:

The single Borg episode of Enterprise that basically played out like a slasher movie both owns and is the best Enterprise episode that doesnt involve nazis being gunned down

With the number of human based alien societies or nazi societies can you imagine the paperwork in a slightly more bureaucratic society (or idunno maybe they cut out the form filling and strek really has this amount of form filling).

"humanoid, check. nazi analogue, check. *looks at images* oh, they have historically accurate nazi costumes too, I need form 22-J, sigh"

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Funny thing about the Cardassian style of Repetitive Epic is that the description could apply to a lot of human artforms, and not least Star Trek itself.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
That clown episode of Voyager where Janeway outspooks a spooky AI clown in the end and makes it die alone and afraid

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Colonel Cancer posted:

That clown episode of Voyager where Janeway outspooks a spooky AI clown in the end and makes it die alone and afraid

Janeway deserved a better show

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

fuckin n'ghilha blowing up buddy's brain

rude as gently caress!

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

They gave Timeslines Janeway the Dreamworks Face and now I can't unsee her as space Amy Klobochar

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

tactlessbastard posted:

I've been watching Voyager for the first time since it was new. Last night I watched the one with Amelia Aerhart and while normally that truck firing up after 400 years in deep space would have irritated me enough to ruin the episode, my daughters like Janeway so much it's infectious and I found myself enjoying it anyway.

How were those cities? So like Earth's, yet so conveniently off-screen?

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

Fallen Rib
So beautiful that none of the crew decided to stay, only the characters that were introduced in the episode. Status Quo maintained.

Infinite Karma
Oct 23, 2004
Good as dead

The episode of Disco where they found the water bear and the other ship got all Philadelphia Experimented was some pretty good horror stuff.

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

Erisian Automata posted:

even Hoshi gets some growth past 'timid as heck.'

Especially when she took over and declared herself Empress.

A Very Sexy Baby
Sep 25, 2007

I can't help it if men are attracted to me.
Don't forget "incredibly whiny' for early Hoshi. The stars were going the wrong way in her window!

A Very Sexy Baby fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Oct 31, 2019

The General
Mar 4, 2007

A Very Sexy Baby posted:

Don't forget "incredibly whiny' for early Hoshi. The starts were going the wrong way in her window!

I can relate. I need to sit passenger side in a car or else I'll get motion sick.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Infinite Karma posted:

The episode of Disco where they found the water bear and the other ship got all Philadelphia Experimented was some pretty good horror stuff.

What's the name? That actually sounds good

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

tactlessbastard posted:

...and while normally that truck firing up after 400 years in deep space would have irritated me enough to ruin the episode....

I can overlook that if it was in deep space, with very little solar winds or matter to hit it over the time until they found it, but its that the loving tires are still inflated that gets me.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

piratepilates posted:

What's the name? That actually sounds good

DIS 1x03 "Context is for Kings"

syense
Oct 13, 2018

people who play large jenga at bars have nothing of interest in their lives.

happyhippy posted:

I can overlook that if it was in deep space, with very little solar winds or matter to hit it over the time until they found it, but its that the loving tires are still inflated that gets me.

if your gonna abduct a truck, why not spring for the best tires your scanners can find

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I'm watching Genesis and just the opening is amazing:

1. Riker got cactus spines in his back while boning someone in the arboretum
2. Barclay is one of those people who freaks out by reading future WebMD
3. Beverly treats cats?? She's a people doctor and a vet?? What the gently caress?

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Picard and Data were in a tiny shuttle together looking around in space for a wayward torpedo for THREE GODDAMN DAYS. That could have been an episode itself.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

Humans, cats, Worf, random victims of first contact, ghosts... She'll treat anything.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Jimbone Tallshanks posted:

Humans, cats, Worf, random victims of first contact, ghosts... She'll treat anything.

I mean it’s less “she” and more “the computer she waves around near people”

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

I'm watching Genesis and just the opening is amazing:

1. Riker got cactus spines in his back while boning someone in the arboretum
2. Barclay is one of those people who freaks out by reading future WebMD
3. Beverly treats cats?? She's a people doctor and a vet?? What the gently caress?

Humans and cats are probably way more similar than humans and plenty of aliens.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Picard is turning into a lemur.

I love that idea. I love Lemur Picard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

Fallen Rib

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Picard is turning into a lemur.

I love that idea. I love Lemur Picard.

I am Zoboomafoo of Lemur, resistance (to animal factoids) is futile.