Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
literally everyone in this bullshit interaction sucks lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
kyle kulinski (secular talk) co-founder of the justice dems went on JRE. nice to see him getting more leftists on there to balance it out a bit. snowden was on there as well, who kind of rambled a bit, but did okay overall.

crepeface has issued a correction as of 08:53 on Oct 31, 2019

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Autism Sneaks posted:

I want a coronal mass ejection or whatever to wipe out our modern telecommunications infrastructure, not as a way to radically avert climate catastrophe or give civilization more time to resolve its social contradictions without just using technology to paper over the holes, but so that even if it's too late for me, nobody else will ever have this podcaster extended universe poo poo cracking and pinging around their skulls

sounds good to me, the humble shitposter that i am

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
unfortunate that hannibal buress is a parasite

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Relin posted:

unfortunate that hannibal buress is a parasite

https://twitter.com/afraidofwasps/status/1189623102965272577

Stickfigure
Sep 4, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
You must nevah respect ah tenant

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Stickfigure posted:

You must nevah respect ah tenant

TheBalor
Jun 18, 2001
These twitter fights are so weird and hard to parse. 5-6 people arguing back and forth, half of whom are not even replying directly or @'ing, another half who have deleted their replies by the time you get there. And even if you can get all the actual statements in the argument, you usually have to know about some drama that happened previously to actually understand what everyone's mad about.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

ayy wumbo wumbo (do not have late rent here)

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

TheBalor posted:

These twitter fights are so weird and hard to parse. 5-6 people arguing back and forth, half of whom are not even replying directly or @'ing, another half who have deleted their replies by the time you get there. And even if you can get all the actual statements in the argument, you usually have to know about some drama that happened previously to actually understand what everyone's mad about.

just delete twitter, never look at tweets by nobodies (podcasters) ez

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

my solution is to just ban cishet white dudes from the left, sure we lose matt and the street fight boys but it'll cut down on the "ironic" racism, mob attacks against women and sex pestery

vote T-man for antifa queen 2020

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
or just lol and scroll

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
you'll take my racism from my cold dead hands

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

T-man posted:

my solution is to just ban cishet white dudes from the left, sure we lose matt and the street fight boys but it'll cut down on the "ironic" racism, mob attacks against women and sex pestery

just lmfao thinking this

is somehow the face of leadership

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

Taintrunner posted:

just lmfao thinking this

is somehow the face of leadership

shaggy, but gay, is a p good look though

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Victory Position posted:

that people give a single poo poo what that person has to say is beyond me

She's pretty and it's the internet

Stickfigure
Sep 4, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

420 Gank Mid posted:

shaggy, but gay
Aka fa...

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

She's pretty and it's the internet

i saw a tweet about how she skated by with one blurry profile picture and she's actually not hot but i did not care enough to figure out if it was a joke or whatever

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Phone posted:

is friendlyjordies redscare for australia?

he has some ok videos but hes an insane unironic partisan hack for the australian labor party, to the point where he gets mad when people point out that labor loves building concentration camps. i cant think of any internet leftists he matches up with

Hurt Whitey Maybe
Jun 26, 2008

I mean maybe not. Or maybe. Definitely don't kill anyone.
imagine letting inscrutable posts on twitter decide what you listen to while you’re somehow commuting

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005
lmfao this all happened because aimee tweeted again? she's the female reboot of getfiscal

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

me, two months ago probably, to my brand new monkey's paw: im so tired of hearing about anna khachiyan

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=nrm2B0lhvYc

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
cumtown was pretty obviously a grift from the start in that if you listened to Nick's appearences on other pods when it was first starting he literally explains how he started it because he saw how much money Felix and Chapo we're making off sitting around riffing and wanted in on that action

I think the reason he gets mad at Kath is because vehe has super rich parents or whatever and he hates rich kids in NYC for pretty obvious reasons (hes been destitute like his entire adult life)

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012

Xaris posted:

CN is really good, probably the best podcast hands down. I'll checkout Moderate Rebels

also you forgot trillbillies, is there a reason you don't like that?

Also Economic Update with Dick Wolff is good; however, I want to like it more than I do because it feels like he spends 5 minutes rambling without going into any real detail, and it's like poo poo I already know on a surface level and just told at a surface level and thats it. i always hope it ends up being more Mark Blythy in detail with more anti-capitalism and communism but it just never does

I love Wolff for being able to offer a very clear, easy to digest reading of Marx and for making me understand that even trying to understand the actual economics at work in the world is important even if it's hard, but yeah he has a set of talking points that he inserts and recycles endlessly. I can skip entire episodes because I already know exactly what he's going to say sometimes. Not that he's wrong.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Shipon posted:

citations needed is mostly good when it comes to foreign intervention and episodes focusing on economic injustice, but some of their episodes focusing on identity are very lib and, dare i say, race reductionist. sometimes they do tend to get hung up on hasty generalizations even in the face of bringing up specific counterexamples. the episode today on automation where it puts most of the blame on foreign trade moving jobs to lower wage countries, which is true in some sectors but incomplete given how manufacturing in the US is still a very huge industry, albeit with far fewer workers than in the past because of...automation.

their mike rowe and john stossel eps were excellent though

yeah, stuff like saying a quarter of adults have family wealth they can trace back to the homestead acts seems weird when like, half of adults have no wealth at all today? the rich white people who stayed in the east didn't get any of that land either and i feel like their wealth was more likely to be passed down successfully over 100 years. and that's not including other racially exclusive wealth building policies like housing loan subsidies.

this goes back to a complaint i have about the Discourse in general with how the role of US government policy in maintaining racial wealth disparity is under investigated.

but yeah, when Citations Needed investigates material interests of media (Bill Gates, local real estate), they make a lot better content than just general identity topics.

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Ace of Baes posted:

cumtown was pretty obviously a grift from the start in that if you listened to Nick's appearences on other pods when it was first starting he literally explains how he started it because he saw how much money Felix and Chapo we're making off sitting around riffing and wanted in on that action

does that mean that when I see someone earning a nice salary in IT and decide to pursue the same career I'm "grifting"?

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

T-man posted:

mysterious how the cis white dudes you dont want to lose are proles. maybe we just kick out the rich lifestylists who decided leftism is the new living off of daddy's money to work at Greenpeace

Stickfigure
Sep 4, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

How about holiday in cum-budddia and it's just a cool gay resort

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

i say swears online posted:

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

Doctor Jeep posted:

does that mean that when I see someone earning a nice salary in IT and decide to pursue the same career I'm "grifting"?

yes

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

i say swears online posted:

Stav asking him if he's sure his name is a racial slur prompting Nick to change it to Goodnight James, president of money, is the best part of that bit

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat

Victory Position posted:

that people give a single poo poo what that person has to say is beyond me

and yet people just keeping linking the tweets on cspam :D

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Stav asking him if he's sure his name is a racial slur prompting Nick to change it to Goodnight James, president of money, is the best part of that bit

Yeah

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/liz_franczak/status/1189665921486315520?s=19

Serf
May 5, 2011

lol tarence of the trillbillies is going to jail and they're summoning ghosts

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Serf posted:

lol tarence of the trillbillies is going to jail and they're summoning ghosts

Lol what happened

Serf
May 5, 2011

StashAugustine posted:

Lol what happened

he was driving with expired tags and admitted to the cops that he had weed in the truck. now he's facing 8 charges

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Serf posted:

he was driving with expired tags and admitted to the cops that he had weed in the truck. now he's facing 8 charges

rip

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

Serf posted:

why did he snitch on himself?!