Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

extradite THIS! posted:

They're just following the stories as they develop, as is only reasonable. I do get it if it gets annoying, though. If I've heard enough of a topic I'll just skip a video.

Jim also does this better than others because the weekly Jimquisition episode itself is generally (obviously not always) about something else than the current big outrageous story happening.

A lot of the time it feels like they're padding out the runtime on a video to get it over 10 minutes though, as they'll completely recap the entire history of the controversy. I get that a new viewer might need that recap, but it's a video that you can just link to and do a 15 second summary of. I don't know if this is a holdover from old YouTube click tactics or whatever but I remember Rudy on the Alpha Investments would always joke and put in 'filler' to make his videos at least 10 minutes long.

Like if everytime someone mentioned the scummy things WWE is doing and Dave had to recap everything just from the last year the shows would be four hours long and it would make more sense to provide that context in a radio show where you don't have the luxury of linking to things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

PaybackJack posted:

A lot of the time it feels like they're padding out the runtime on a video to get it over 10 minutes though, as they'll completely recap the entire history of the controversy. I get that a new viewer might need that recap, but it's a video that you can just link to and do a 15 second summary of. I don't know if this is a holdover from old YouTube click tactics or whatever but I remember Rudy on the Alpha Investments would always joke and put in 'filler' to make his videos at least 10 minutes long.

Like if everytime someone mentioned the scummy things WWE is doing and Dave had to recap everything just from the last year the shows would be four hours long and it would make more sense to provide that context in a radio show where you don't have the luxury of linking to things.

I've definitely heard Youtubers say it's still a thing that The Algorithm favours longer videos, so padding a video out to reach the 10 minute mark remains something you have to do if you want the video to show up in more recommendations.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

extradite THIS! posted:

Jim Sterling is a delight and I’d listen to a pro wrestling podcast that had him in it.
He did a show called WreSterling for about ten minutes. I wish he'd bring it back, but he makes a Jimsquisition every week and does podcasts and other videos, so I just don't think he has the time.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

karmicknight posted:

Gaming in the Clinton Years implies that has been forever.

Donkey Kong Country is truly perfect

Symphony of the Night is bad

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

bix is deadspin gonna die

Fe Vinum
Dec 17, 2013

STONE COLD 64 posted:

Came to post this exact same question.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

STONE COLD 64 posted:

Or will it be a zombie that just moans sports over and over?

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

it's dead, yeah. mass exodus. good poo poo

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Was going to DM him the same question. I feel extremely sorry if it does or if your work situation changes. You really fell on your feet there. Maybe your most supportive boss(es) ever. To happen nearing the holidays too.

rovert fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Oct 30, 2019

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

feel like bix boosted his portfolio enough to get more gigs, obvs freelance sucks especially when a big option gets gutted by vc vultures. best of luck to you bixgod

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

give the F4W newsletter to David Roth

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
There's probably a dedicated thread somewhere on this site. And this isn't what the thread is about. And your voice(s) is probably better heard or more impactful on social media.

But while on the topic. The current state of play:

https://twitter.com/gmgunion/status/1189671759987040257

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Lid posted:

Donkey Kong Country is truly perfect

Symphony of the Night is bad

YOU ARE STUPID.

I'm sorry, that's insulting, but it's the truth!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

STONE COLD 64 posted:

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Oct 30, 2019

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

hope hulk hogan is happy (er)

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

karmicknight posted:

Gaming in the Clinton Years implies that has been forever.

I mean, there was also this

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/davidbix/status/1189679720843153410

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Wait until the 1st of the month. But support Bix here if you are that way inclined: https://www.patreon.com/betweenthesheets

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
PSP is Down Since Day One Bix.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

dsriggs posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElX5QTGfqdU

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I appreciate the last day was all non sports articles in spite of the bs directive. Hope Bix and everyone lands on their feet

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/AEWrestling/status/1189686153957519361/photo/1

Is Komen the only charity in the world??

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
what's a deadspin

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Low Desert Punk posted:

what's a deadspin

Eh, maybe once or twice if you wind 'em up real good.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

profitting off a charity you named for your dead friend, that’s capitalism

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

dsriggs posted:

90s facecam.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/CMPunk/status/1189692636480856064

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

rovert posted:

There's probably a dedicated thread somewhere on this site.

Yep! The Sports Journalism Thread

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Komen is synonymous with breast cancer charity and is the overwhelming choice of NFL teams. The lack of "You should give to X instead" in the twitter replies rightly mad about Komen is a shame. :shrug:

Glad that Sandra is back in wrestling. She was the highlight of Total Divas for a minute.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Lmao

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

ok this is hilarious

Punk tweeted i n support of the Deadspin journalists mass resigning to fight censorship etc. and how taking a stand for whats right and moral is a nobler thing sorely lacking

hes now deleted it

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

oof

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Lid posted:

ok this is hilarious

Punk tweeted i n support of the Deadspin journalists mass resigning to fight censorship etc. and how taking a stand for whats right and moral is a nobler thing sorely lacking

hes now deleted it

He probably thought it was an obvious statement and didn't expect what kind of responses that engenders on Twitter.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

it’s not a charity, it’s a PR company with a cancer gimmick

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

sandra got fired from wwe didn't she? I know her from somewhere and think i remember her from total divas, which i used to watch during its first and second seasons because I'm powerful.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
i am loving howling listening to dave try to this get through this analogy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFaBCSNC8lM

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Skip to 1:06:40 on today’s WOR if you want to miss the dark spoilers

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFaBCSNC8lM
crying irl

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

Bryan: Make it quick
six minutes remain on the video

:allears:

Edit: Oh my God it's loving incredible

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 13:13 on Oct 31, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I like to think dave.exe crashes when it tries to process the idea of burying Bryan :unsmith: