Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Missy and Aaron are so untrustworthy

Edit: oh of course. Aaron is so dumb

Also gently caress Lauren for being man to Elaine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I will be sad if Elaine really goes

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Elaine's fuuuucked. Going down with the old Lairo ship.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Does Aaron not realise he's the first one out at the merge if he flips??

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I can lock loyalty or prove to both sides I'm an untrustworthy snake. It's a tough call!

- Aaron, basically

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

blue squares posted:

Missy and Aaron are so untrustworthy

Edit: oh of course. Aaron is so dumb

Also gently caress Lauren for being man to Elaine

Aaron's best position is to go with vokai since he was on the bottom with lairo

but yeah that's some serious dogshit from Lauren

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Aaron playing both sides might cost him if he says the wrong thing at tribal to raise suspicions.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Dunkin brand Donuts

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Interesting play

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Don't read it!!! :ughh:

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

If she still gets voted out, she played an awful social game imo

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Robnoxious posted:

Don't read it!!! :ughh:

why

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Suck it up buttercup

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I'm questioning Aaron's decision to be so "yeah we're good." I mean good job preventing a possible idol play but man he made some enemies

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
:tviv:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Wow these people are loving butthurt af

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

blue squares posted:

I'm questioning Aaron's decision to be so "yeah we're good." I mean good job preventing a possible idol play but man he made some enemies

Yeah I'm flabbergasted at that. I think Aaron really hurt himself.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

She played it too soon.
There was something to bargain by just showing "something".

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

The Bloop posted:

I can lock loyalty or prove to both sides I'm an untrustworthy snake. It's a tough call!

- Aaron, basically

lol I can always spot your posts from SA on reddit too

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

blue squares posted:

lol I can always spot your posts from SA on reddit too

I have posted on Reddit zero times ever

I have read Reddit when a Google search points me there and never intentionally

Is someone... reposting me on loving Reddit?

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

The Bloop posted:

I have posted on Reddit zero times ever

I have read Reddit when a Google search points me there and never intentionally

Is someone... reposting me on loving Reddit?

Apparently! Two of your recent posts were posted by this person: https://old.reddit.com/user/Dahhhkness

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

blue squares posted:

Apparently! Two of your recent posts were posted by this person: https://old.reddit.com/user/Dahhhkness

What the fuuuuck

Russian bots go home you're drunk

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Man I don't know whether to feel flattered or annoyed or both or just freaked out that I may have a mysterious posting doppelganger somewhere.

I was just thinking about how excited Jeff is going to be when he gets to announce the season 40 premise. How much of the season 39 live reunion will be questions for Rob and Sandra and buzz about next season rather than focusing on these poor fools?

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

It's not like the Finale has spent much time on the castaways in recent years anyway.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Pinterest Mom posted:

Does Aaron not realise he's the first one out at the merge if he flips??

Aaron is out after the merge as soon as one side decides they have the numbers to cut him anyway. Elaine will probably get the Christian treatment once they get to 7 or 8 remaining.

I actually had Jason pegged to go pretty far so him being the boot surprised me.

nerox
May 20, 2001
It was funny how quickly their facade of “willing to go to rocks” faded as soon as Elaine showed the advantage.

Also, this was a dumb idol island challenge. If she was spotted pulling the advantage, who cares, they could’ve learned it wasn’t a 4-4 vote a little earlier.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

nerox posted:

It was funny how quickly their facade of “willing to go to rocks” faded as soon as Elaine showed the advantage.

Also, this was a dumb idol island challenge. If she was spotted pulling the advantage, who cares, they could’ve learned it wasn’t a 4-4 vote a little earlier.

That gives them time to scramble though

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I think it was a good move by Elaine. It exposed the reality of the situation and took away the "I was afraid of going to rocks" excuse. We'll probably never know if it affected Aaron's decision but its entirely possible it took away his cover and forced him to just straight up betray half the tribe.

I don't think I've ever gone from "completely apathetic" to "completely hate" about Survivors as quickly as I did when those cocky four went from "We have the power, one of you has to flip, trust us, its good" to "Holy gently caress, its so unfair, my life is flashing before my eyes, we could have been friends!" What tools.

Long live Elaine. Sandra approved.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Elaine is somehow one of the best Survivors. Kind of proof that Jeff having a hand in casting might be for the best.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Carrying the cages from inside was so funny. It looked like a Looney Tunes gag.

Aaron was ridiculous if he entertained the idea that flipping to avoid rocks at the loving swap would earn loyalty. Elaine's play should not have been his tipping point to stay but it was a good move. I think a pair of traitors might be able to topple Elaine there and not look like total snakes, but the math is still bad of course.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

nerox posted:

Rob told Elaine about the task "you must secretly grab it (the advantage)", but she told Elizabeth about it before the challenge and should have been DQ'ed from using it.

Binary Logic fucked around with this message at 10:45 on Oct 31, 2019

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Yeah, I'm not sure anyone on Vokai other than maybe Kellee/Jamal/Jack are rootable at the moment. The winner might be from Lairo.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Binary Logic posted:

Rob told Elaine about the task "you must secretly grab it (the advantage)", but she told Elizabeth about it before the challenge and should have been DQ'ed from using it.

Ehhh we obviously don't see all the rules to nearly anything. I liked her telling one person about it too help cover, and she obviously told the one correct person

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

Binary Logic posted:

Why would they sacrifice good tv for some bullshit technicality or making it some super secret island? If they had DQ'd her the episode would have been boring as hell. The more rules they enforce the less fun the game is - let the inmates run the asylum and you'll get better tv.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

It’s no fair to have sand speedily streaming from a jar while you’re still getting around to explaining the offer, and to then get on Elaine for agreeing before she heard the whole thing!

Last week I posted that I liked Aaron and Missy realizing Lairo was toast and jumping, so I’m not sure how I feel on them jumping back. The further behind Lairo is come merge, the less pressing it is for Vokai to vote one of you out, and the better chance you have to avoid being the merge boot. Plus, you’re in good with some people and can maybe hang in there until the game opens up. It’s still not a great position to be in, but I think it’s better than being the front runner for the merge boot spot.

This is where last week’s decision to vote out Tom pays dividends, though. Even if Lairo uses their new control to claw back some numbers, pulling Dean back in is not guaranteed, and Karishma probably I s a long shot. I wonder if Missy still thinks Karishma is her extra vote.

IcePhoenix posted:

Aaron is out after the merge as soon as one side decides they have the numbers to cut him anyway. Elaine will probably get the Christian treatment once they get to 7 or 8 remaining.

I actually had Jason pegged to go pretty far so him being the boot surprised me.
I’m right there with you but that does make Jason a pretty good pick for the target.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Elaine did the same dumb poo poo that Noura did except there was some sand.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Yeah but it’s like, “wow such a rash decision, I hadn’t even explained the task yet.” THE SAND WAS GUSHING OUT OF THE BOTTLE DUDE, I think Rob would have barely had time to finish introducing the task, there was definitely no time for questions or negotiation, I don’t fault Elaine at all. The hourglass changes everything! What do they expect!

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Oct 31, 2019

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Fast Luck posted:

I’m right there with you but that does make Jason a pretty good pick for the target.

Oh yeah, Aaron even talks about in his confessionals needing to see past this vote and he was 100% the right target in this case. I was just surprised that they did it.

And agreed on the Elaine thing. It's not the same as Noura because of the sand.

I wonder how many episodes left until the merge. Is it usually at 11ish? I should know by now but I always forget. I was also looking at the OP to try and parse who I think have the best chances to win and was surprised at how many of them I just can't actually remember much about.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

SweetJahasus posted:

Why would they sacrifice good tv for some bullshit technicality or making it some super secret island? If they had DQ'd her the episode would have been boring as hell. The more rules they enforce the less fun the game is - let the inmates run the asylum and you'll get better tv.
Elaine should have kicked over the hourglass to stop the sand running out.
That would be great tv.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Also haha Elaine constantly referring to her power as a "Block the vote" and confusing everyone because it sounds like she's saying the whole Tribal Council is going to be called off or something