Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

RandomPauI posted:

"In-N-Out Fries" is the potato version of the Chili with Beans debate.

No. Chili with or without beans is more about traditional vs newer. I think most people would say both versions taste good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

In n Out fries taste okay once you add some salt to them. Or go animal style, obviously.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

Memento posted:

Also they’re completely vegan. The munchie box with French-Canadian sauce (it’s just gravy and shredded cheese) is some primo drunk food. They have one at Flinders Street Station, and with the late trains only going every half hour, it's a winning option when heading home after a night out on the town.

Idgi

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Vegan gravy and vegan cheese are things that exist, if that's what you mean.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

Memento posted:

Vegan gravy and vegan cheese are things that exist, if that's what you mean.

I guess I just never heard of those things being recommended, that's why I was confused sorry :downs:

PancakeTransmission
May 27, 2007

You gotta improvise, Lisa: cloves, Tom Collins mix, frozen pie crust...

Plaster Town Cop

jojoinnit posted:

I guess I just never heard of those things being recommended, that's why I was confused sorry :downs:
It's ok, they had a vegan "halal snack pack" as they're called here (normally lamb/chicken gyros meat, chips (thick-cut fries), chilli/garlic sauce) and only the next day, someone told me it wasn't real meat. So their vegan foods pass muster at least while drunk.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I mean, the most traditional chile recipe I know of pre-Texas revolution was chili, corn meal from young corn, and venison. So saying that the newer recipe from an 1860s cookbook is more traditional than one from an 1880s cookbook feels a bit rich.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Ok chili is more about texas vs everyone else but most would agree they both taste great

Anza Borrego
Feb 11, 2005

Ovis canadensis nelsoni
Not ordering the fires at In N out extra fried is a rookie move.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Ah, goons, once again you never, ever turn down a food derail, triply so if it's about fast food.

Lord Sexatron
Aug 1, 2003
Chili with no beans when used as a burger/dog topping, chili with beans in any other case.

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

Lord Sexatron posted:

Chili with no beans when used as a burger/dog topping, chili with beans in any other case.

gently caress you

HerStuddMuffin
Aug 10, 2014

YOSPOS

GrandpaPants posted:

In n Out fries taste okay once you add some salt to them. Or go animal style, obviously.
What does that even mean? I’m picturing you dumping your fries on the ground and feeding on them without using your hands, all while grunting like a hog.

Thinking about it, that’s probably exactly what you meant. Does it really make them taste ok?

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Not that far from what it really is. It's just the fries with thousand island dressing, grilled onions, and American cheese slathered on top.

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

by the sex ghost

Lord Sexatron posted:

I sort of agree with this--Texas style chili is incredibly rich and the flavor is really concentrated. I really have trouble eating it plain without getting really bad heartburn. I usually serve it as a topping on top of a bed of rice.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Ah, goons, once again you never, ever turn down a food derail, triply so if it's about fast food.

I think its pretty amusing that, no matter the thread or the subject, every single person drops everything to talk about Fast Food, every single time.

Qylvaran
Mar 28, 2010

Samuringa posted:

I think its pretty amusing that, no matter the thread or the subject, every single person drops everything to talk about Fast Food, every single time.

It's classic bikeshedding. Not everyone has a fresh instance of incompetent marketing handy, but a group of five goons will have at least six opinions about fast food fries.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Qylvaran posted:

a group of five goons will have at least six wrong opinions about fast food fries

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Why does anyone care about derails in PYF. If you have something more interesting then just post it.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Mu Zeta posted:

Why does anyone care about derails in PYF. If you have something more interesting then just post it.

I think one of the things that keeps me here as a regular are the derails, I enjoy the flow of conversation.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

Opened my eyes.
Not complaining, it's actually pretty funny and it happens in every single subforum.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://twitter.com/BBCNews/status/1189952377484435461

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Picnic Princess posted:

I think one of the things that keeps me here as a regular are the derails, I enjoy the flow of conversation.

It's like having friends. :unsmith:

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

McDonald's Portugal setting themselves up for some Troubles.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

This U2 fan discrimination must stop!

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Samuringa posted:

Not complaining, it's actually pretty funny and it happens in every single subforum.

Goons having a conversation about food with people across multiple threads in multiple sub-forums. It's like going to the pool and finding a fully stocked bar has replaced the front desk. Ok, why not?

Chickencheese Volvo was a fun example of that.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Mu Zeta posted:

Because this is coldly compiled lists. There were still reports for gifs outside of the gif thread long after that stopped being a reportable offense

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Len posted:

Because this is coldly compiled lists. There were still reports for gifs outside of the gif thread long after that stopped being a reportable offense

That stuff is so annoying. It’s like a straight edge punk.

Apparently it just tastes like regular water with a hint of can, too.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

chitoryu12 posted:

That stuff is so annoying. It’s like a straight edge punk.

Apparently it just tastes like regular water with a hint of can, too.

Haven't had it but canned water is way greener than plastic bottled water. You can recycle aluminium over and over and over. Not so much with plastic.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
yeah but once you buy it Amazon's THEALGOTITHM thinks your a prepper and start recing a bunch of other prepper and chud poo poo.

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

Croatoan posted:

Haven't had it but canned water is way greener than plastic bottled water. You can recycle aluminium over and over and over. Not so much with plastic.

Neither of these things is actually green. Its marketing bullshit.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Croatoan posted:

You can in fact recycle plastic, that's what sensible countries do

edit: and neither is indeed green at all

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

PhazonLink posted:

yeah but once you buy it Amazon's THEALGOTITHM thinks your a prepper and start recing a bunch of other prepper and chud poo poo.

You can manually delete items from your Amazon purchase history and it won't reccomend stuff based on it.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

HerStuddMuffin posted:

What does that even mean? I’m picturing you dumping your fries on the ground and feeding on them without using your hands, all while grunting like a hog.

Geez with the doxxing

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Atticus_1354 posted:

Neither of these things is actually green. Its marketing bullshit.

Oh? Can you elaborate? I mean it doesn't matter to me, I use a reusable insulated bottle but why wouldn't aluminum be recyclable?

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

There is nothing incorrect in the original statement of aluminium can be recycled more times than plastics can.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Why would you want to recycle plastic?

It’s nearly an ideal carbon sink when landfilled.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Platystemon posted:

Why would you want to recycle plastic?

It’s nearly an ideal carbon sink when landfilled.

Why not?

Glass, aluminum and plastic cans/bottles are all recycled in Finland

Andrast has a new favorite as of 21:04 on Nov 1, 2019

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
When I lived in Michigan everybody tried to convince me that Shake Shack was better than InNout. I finally tried them a month before I left to SoCal and Lmao it is absolutely not better in any way shape or form.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

ratbert90 posted:

When I lived in Michigan everybody tried to convince me that Shake Shack was better than InNout. I finally tried them a month before I left to SoCal and Lmao it is absolutely not better in any way shape or form.

Do they print Bible references on the bottom of the cups?