Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

hey gang, training mode kicks rear end actually. i made a simple drill for adc mechanics which is to spawn 4 dummies in a square, then without using attack move, try to walk around the dummies in a circular motion without breaking the fluidity of the motion(meaning, no dips inward, no moving backwards), while attacking as often as possible. to make it more difficult try not to attack the same dummy twice in a row

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
But pog

I am the dummy

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I must apologize for el dingo. You see, he's a Yasuo main. We trained him wrong, as a joke.

Pigmassacre
Nov 23, 2010

GARBAGE DAY

I know top 3 counts as a win but it sure doesnt feel like it when you get 3rd place over and over :sludgepal:

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Top 4 also counts as a win, so at least you weren't the first winner to get knocked out.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Hazdoc posted:

or maybe they queued up for urf to have fun with a wacky build and not do what other people want them to build?

yeah thats probably whats happening in those non urf aram games i was posting about

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

What date is the season ending?

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
Got filled as jungle and tried nunu, jesus christ those death lines :yikes:

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Ulio posted:

What date is the season ending?

November 19

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

rabidsquid posted:

yeah thats probably whats happening in those non urf aram games i was posting about

replace urf with aram, literally nothing changes

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Hazdoc posted:

replace urf with aram, literally nothing changes

i tell everyone in every game i play what build and skill order and if they dont follow it i threaten them

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Believable

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

my reputation for using my big brain all the time precedes me

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
I've come around a bit on people doing meme builds on aram as i have finally accepted that 99% of the playerbase doesnt take aram as seriously as i do and thats fine, but people doing objectively worse builds that are also way less fun like ap lucian just for the sake of doing something different still makes me grumble

duck trucker
Oct 14, 2017

YOSPOS

Monicro posted:

I've come around a bit on people doing meme builds on aram as i have finally accepted that 99% of the playerbase doesnt take aram as seriously as i do and thats fine, but people doing objectively worse builds that are also way less fun like ap lucian just for the sake of doing something different still makes me grumble

Who are you to tell me my lifesteal Sona is less fun?

Freaksaus
Jun 13, 2007

Grimey Drawer
If you're not playing crittlesticks in Aram, what are you even doing?

Les Affaires
Nov 15, 2004

Fiddlesticks in aram is 100% about throwing silence and getting dork harvest stacks and never ulting once.

Greggster
Aug 14, 2010

Monicro posted:

I've always thought of ARAM as a way to try out builds on champs (and well, trying new ones because you can't pick) to see if they work at all. Obviously it's a flawed battleground to try it out because it's one lane and few people are building the other champs The Way They're Supposed To, it does give you a hint to whether it works in theory though.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Greggster posted:

I've always thought of ARAM as a way to try out builds on champs (and well, trying new ones because you can't pick) to see if they work at all. Obviously it's a flawed battleground to try it out because it's one lane and few people are building the other champs The Way They're Supposed To, it does give you a hint to whether it works in theory though.

aren't champ stats in ARAM also different?

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
I think I've played too much ARAM lol. I was wondering why the queues had been so long lately, and apparently I'm in the top 2% of ARAM players now. :raise:

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Sexpansion posted:

Yeah, a whole lot of "does % more/less damage" and "takes % more/less damage". You'll especially notice it on champions like Sona and Ziggs, who both do 15% less damage. Also some specific things, like Bard getting chime spawns quicker, Gangplank receiving 1 Silver Serpent every second, Nasus getting more stacks*, etc.

But if you really want try, say, Rageblade on Rumble once it's the right place!

*have fun trying to last-hit minions with 4 other people around

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Nov 1, 2019

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Sexpansion posted:

They have blanket buffs and debuffs that are hidden like 'this champ does 8% more damage/takes 8% less damage and vice versa

There is also a 15% damage nerf to any damage from 900+ units away

Its ... It's a really weird system that actually works out pretty well balance -wise but the changes really should be reflected in game

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
The concept of taking aram as anything but a place to gently caress about and have dumb fun in just breaks my brain.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
That works until your side starts getting pinned and unable to do much, just sitting at the tower getting picked off one by one.

Greggster
Aug 14, 2010

Sexpansion posted:

Didn't know this, me a dumdum then :(

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Drakes posted:

That works until your side starts getting pinned and unable to do much, just sitting at the tower getting picked off one by one.

When that happens it means the game is gonna be over in the next 5 minutes so I never am that bothered by it and you can still mess about with builds as money accumulates so quickly, even when losing.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

Mega Comrade posted:

When that happens it means the game is gonna be over in the next 5 minutes so I never am that bothered by it and you can still mess about with builds as money accumulates so quickly, even when losing.

It just doesn't really feel like you can "play" when you're just camping by the tower hoping to not bite it. Like if the enemy has a huge lead and a minor step forward has you 100-0 in .5 seconds. You might not of even fired off a nuke or CC. And it doesn't feel like 5 minutes its not unusual for people in the lead to play super cautious and pad their KDA.

ARAM maybe casual but people can still feel like poo poo if one side has all the pokes/hard CC and the other side are super kiteable melee guys with one or two guys having big team ults.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Mierenneuker posted:

Nasus getting more stacks*, etc.

*have fun trying to last-hit minions with 4 other people around

Nasus stacks way harder on ARAM than SR relative to the strength of the rest of the champions. You can easily get 1k stacks by the time people have 2 completed items on ARAM.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
If you aren't just going ape when your cooldowns are up on ARAM you are playing wrong. Worst case the game is over faster, best case you can actually win because snowball is busted

duck trucker
Oct 14, 2017

YOSPOS

Drakes posted:

It just doesn't really feel like you can "play" when you're just camping by the tower hoping to not bite it. Like if the enemy has a huge lead and a minor step forward has you 100-0 in .5 seconds. You might not of even fired off a nuke or CC. And it doesn't feel like 5 minutes its not unusual for people in the lead to play super cautious and pad their KDA.

ARAM maybe casual but people can still feel like poo poo if one side has all the pokes/hard CC and the other side are super kiteable melee guys with one or two guys having big team ults.

That's the magic of randomness baby!

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

My free skin was the Cho'Gath one. Should I learn him top? I mostly play ADC (Jinx, Kai'Sa, Caitlyn) and Sion. Occasionally I fail at Renekton or Garen.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Arcturas posted:

My free skin was the Cho'Gath one. Should I learn him top? I mostly play ADC (Jinx, Kai'Sa, Caitlyn) and Sion. Occasionally I fail at Renekton or Garen.

Cho is a good reliable pick who I think is very fun to play top. He's also a blast in aram.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Cho'gath is fun because you build him tank and you get people who forget what Cho'gath does walking up to you at which point you press R and eat them. Or you wander into the dragon pit and eat that too. If you play Sion you'll definitely find stuff to like about him.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Mega Comrade posted:

The concept of taking aram as anything but a place to gently caress about and have dumb fun in just breaks my brain.

Seriously, far as I'm concerned so long as somebody isn't actively being harmful it's like whatever. Intentionally feeding is obviously right out but if you want to build something wacky go right ahead.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
This might be a hard question to answer in text but like does anyone have any ideas why I might be missing Caitlyn traps on like situations where I shouldn't be able to miss? poo poo like leona root, morg root, Naut hook, things that should be brainless I find myself putting it down as soon as I can but the other person just walking away

Am I probably just doing it too late, is the hitbox wonky or something? I dunno, I'm trying to place it at the feet of the ingame model but I just feel like I miss so many it's really costing me a ton of damage and loving me over but I don't know of a good way to practice it unless two whole people will join me in practice mode where I can practice like someone getting rooted by the third person and trying to walk away while I trap

I thought maybe I could do it with one person and a bot, but yeah it's hard to practice because obviously I can hit them on dummies but I don't know how to get good at it on a difficulty between "training dummy that can't possibly dodge" and "needing two whole other people"

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

If it's a thresh hook, place it one teemo away from them in the direction of thresh. He yanks on them twice with his q, and if that fails he can flay them. Just place it earlier.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

If it's a thresh hook, place it one teemo away from them in the direction of thresh. He yanks on them twice with his q, and if that fails he can flay them. Just place it earlier.

that's actually a good tip, thanks, when I was with thresh they were probably pulling them away from my trap if I put it down as soon as they made contact. what about like nautilus, should I wait until he sort of comes together with the target with hook and then try to plant it when he uses passive?

I had some other questions about placement too, like, champs that dash towards you like Lee, if you put your trap anywhere between you and he Q's to you, does it go off because he isn't blinking over it or does he have to like arrive at you and then stand on it for a bit? Who else, uh, I'm not really sure where Kayn comes out of you after ult either

Zed I know you're supposed to place it behind you relative to him but I can never get it to work.

I need like a big list of where to put all the traps to interact with various stuff like this cause I feel like I'm losing a lot of damage by not getting the traps off

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Caitlyn's E has a 1.1s arming time, so you typically have to place it in advance of a CC combo landing. In the case of someone like Leona, for example, you generally need to place the trap as soon as Zenith Blade lands for it to find any purchase after.

Stefan Prodan posted:

I had some other questions about placement too, like, champs that dash towards you like Lee, if you put your trap anywhere between you and he Q's to you, does it go off because he isn't blinking over it or does he have to like arrive at you and then stand on it for a bit? Who else, uh, I'm not really sure where Kayn comes out of you after ult either

Lee will get rooted if the path of his Q takes him over an armed trap. Note, however, that it will not stop his dash. The only thing that stops a champion after they've started a dash is forced movement (like knockups) or abilities with inbuilt dash cancels like Poppy W, Jinx W, or Veigar E. Kayn is basically impossible to predict, as he can choose the direction he wants to exit from, so your best bet is placing it in front of your current path to force him off to the side and make it easier to kite him. For Zed, as mentioned, E takes 1.1s to arm, so you need to either put the trap down a split second before Zed actually hits R and then position his arrival point over it, or you need to put it down the instant Zed hits R and then linger so that his landing point (your immediate back) is still on the trap.

Vermain fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Nov 1, 2019

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

If they’re jumping on you throw it on yourself and they’ll probably get caught enough to walk away. Then Lee will hit his dash again because every enemy Lee Sin is a pro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Ok I must just be too slow then, or like not properly hanging out close enough to follow up in time