Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I'm guessing that this "kill 20 Gazers" is supposed to be an annoying bottleneck sorta like that one mission for the CCC event? As best I can tell, I can't seem to find any missions with more than 2 of them. Not a huge deal, since I still only need to run it like 3 or 4 more times to finish the mission.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
At least there's a 20AP one with Gazers that can be done pretty quickly.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

gazers and superhuge enemies are both annoying hurdles. gazers iirc has more limited map selection but is at a point where you're able to clear multiple missions at a time while grinding it, less so for superhuge

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012

Ytlaya posted:

I'm guessing that this "kill 20 Gazers" is supposed to be an annoying bottleneck sorta like that one mission for the CCC event? As best I can tell, I can't seem to find any missions with more than 2 of them. Not a huge deal, since I still only need to run it like 3 or 4 more times to finish the mission.

I got bottlenecked on the "Kill 280 mecha" quest to finish the drat story.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Finished all 100 quests yesterday, now I just need to finish clearing out the Ascension items and Silver Fous from the shop.

And go back to grinding Mana prisms, because as soon as I bought those out, I grabbed Parvati's Dress Sphere, and now I need to save up again to grab my last copy of Private Lesson and next month's summon tickets.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Like twelve fights for a Shell of Reminiscience to drop

hosed up

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i would simply roll cleo and get a guaranteed shell drop from her interlude

(checking your interludes for shell/claw/fang drops is a good idea if you want to finish the more rng-dependant sq missions easily)

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
I spent an entire stamina bar and a gold apple and still don't have the claw of chaos. Supposedly 20% odds? No wonder I spent all my tickets and SQ to try for Raikou and failed.

Worldwalker_Pure
Feb 27, 2015

Welp, got 'em done and dusted. It's pretty neat that you can actually accomplish almost all of them in Babylonia!

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
I cannot believe Halloween was actually assassinated by the coward Kinoko Nasu.

He's made some powerful enemies this day.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
On the other hand, Space Ishtar rules.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Think of what we lost.

https://twitter.com/otmm/status/1189069851492380672

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

redrop did an entire servant this year, that's your ce

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

The mission with all the Mk II Mecha-Ellys is actually kind of difficult if you equip the CE that increases their appearance rate, since you end up having to deal with 2 waves of 6 of them plus the final wave that seems to usually have 2x 140k HP version (and a few 30-40k ones). Probably going to grind that without the CE, since the extra time it took wasn't really worth the bonus and I have plenty of apples.

These missions are also a bit awkward to grind since you can't just NP your way through the rounds due to them having more than 3 when you equip a CE boosting their appearance rate. Fortunately the quest CEs + gacha CEs give a metric fuckton of the drops from their 40AP nodes. One time I got literally 38 individual drops (so probably like 150-200 total).

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

dogsicle posted:

redrop did an entire servant this year, that's your ce

Not a Halloween servant tho!!!

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Vengarr posted:

I cannot believe Halloween was actually assassinated by the coward Kinoko Nasu.

He's made some powerful enemies this day.

I don't really care about Halloween. We don't even celebrate it here in Italy.

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Transform and waaauuuugh out!

Ytlaya posted:

The mission with all the Mk II Mecha-Ellys is actually kind of difficult if you equip the CE that increases their appearance rate, since you end up having to deal with 2 waves of 6 of them plus the final wave that seems to usually have 2x 140k HP version (and a few 30-40k ones). Probably going to grind that without the CE, since the extra time it took wasn't really worth the bonus and I have plenty of apples.

These missions are also a bit awkward to grind since you can't just NP your way through the rounds due to them having more than 3 when you equip a CE boosting their appearance rate. Fortunately the quest CEs + gacha CEs give a metric fuckton of the drops from their 40AP nodes. One time I got literally 38 individual drops (so probably like 150-200 total).

The amusing thing is, they're all either Berzerkers or Cavalry class, so if you have your Mecha-Eli levelled up or have another Alter Ego, you can shred them pretty hard.

The Original always beats the Mass Produced model

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

YggdrasilTM posted:

I don't really care about Halloween. We don't even celebrate it here in Italy.

????????????????????????

why not. are you okay? do we need to send someone to italy

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
i bet it's the pope's fault

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

Bogart posted:

????????????????????????

Day of the Dead is the superior Halloween anyways.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Rorahusky posted:

The amusing thing is, they're all either Berzerkers or Cavalry class, so if you have your Mecha-Eli levelled up or have another Alter Ego, you can shred them pretty hard.

The Original always beats the Mass Produced model

Passionlip and Mecha-Eli means I just hit red button and watch cookies drop.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Bogart posted:

????????????????????????

The "dress up as someone/something else and party" is a Carnevale thing. So you are left with the " bring fresh flowers to your dead relatives tombs".

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
But the candy, YggdrasilTM.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Bogart posted:

But the candy, YggdrasilTM.

There are some towns where you prepare and eat some traditional biscuits for the 2nd of November. I hope it's enough.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
King Hassan banner announced for November 7th-20th.

Reminder that, outside of a possible collab banner for babylon anime in a few months for Japan, this is literally his last rate up known.

Gilg
Oct 10, 2002

After I finish farming in the event, I'm going to start on Camelot. I've heard it's a big step up in difficulty, any advice?

BlackPersona
Oct 21, 2012

Level up Euryale to max and do her interlude, she's a big help for a lot of the bosses.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

mostly just read up on boss gimmicks and prepare your team accordingly

the main roadblocks are Gawain and the Ozy fights, though there being a handful of assassin bosses is also pretty annoying. Mecha Eli can help with those assassins and Ozy/the pillar since casters/assassins are not great offensive units. Gawain falls to anti-male and charm strats from Euryale and Orion. David/Tristan/Merlin are all MVP for their AOE party protection since like half of the bosses are AOE. also Mash will get another upgrade during the chapter, so a raised Mash will be more and more useful as you go through.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

finally dragged my butt through the cq, but wasn't feeling particularly gimmicky. unless li is rare enough to count as a gimmick

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

gimmick: sherlock beats moriarty

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
It’s true. That’s how I won. Just ignore his defense gimmick and then burst him down with Lancers and Berzerkers.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The CQ is basically "Use/borrow a Lancer Liz"

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I am sore and have FGO Merch from AWA and an NP2 Calamity Jane

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Cleopatra is so loving good, and I wish I had rolled her last year when I did my rolls. I have too many priorities next year to roll for her earlier when she had her rate up, but I wish I had gotten her. Seeing her fill her entire NP gauge from 0 on turn 1 without any stars with a Brave chain gives me life.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Tae posted:

The CQ is basically "Use/borrow a Lancer Cu"

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Tae posted:

The CQ is basically "Use/borrow a Lancer Liz"

I finally broke down and used double Merlin for the first time and hit that old man repeatedly with a foxy shark

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

Motto posted:

Tried to be clever with the CQ by building to remove and prevent Moriarty's buffs (and it worked), but running it a second time told me that Liz's NP and crits don't care about your Def buffs :v:.

Me, while targeting Liz with Hero Creation: Hm yes. BEEEG Eli Noise. [World Destroying 'BOEEEEEEEEEH']

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
I used Jalter so her NP could finally be a relevant part of her toolkit.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

look at this guy not getting buster brave chains

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Gilg posted:

After I finish farming in the event, I'm going to start on Camelot. I've heard it's a big step up in difficulty, any advice?

Charm, Stun, NP Seal, and NP Charge Down are your friends. Camelot has a lot of bosses that will definitely charge their AOE NPs faster than you can take them down in a pure damage race, so being able to buy yourself extra turns with status effects and defensive skills is crucial.

Euryale is a particular standout there, since she has a charm skill, a NP Drain skill, a NP that charms enemies, and she's very Arts-based so she can send out that NP pretty often. She can hold off the NPs for a few turns practically all by herself.