Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

BonoMan posted:

Is Halo 5 worth playing? I don't do MP so only SP campaign.

It's the only Halo I haven't played, I've installed it and started it but it's kinda feelin' supperrrrrr generic and I don't know if I even want to continue.

Your instincts are correct.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

If you just want to do the single player, then yes. It's worth playing but it's the 2nd weakest single player campaign, just behind Halo 4. 343 Studios really destroyed the multiplayer with Halo 5. This is why I am so excited for Halo Reach to get out of beta. Plus I am 110% certain Halo Infinite will not go back to the original Halo MP that everyone likes, itll continue to be Call of Duty.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Everyone should follow the advice of just buying eneloops and the charger.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I got a charger and some IKEA batteries (which I think are just reskinned Eneloops) and it's really good.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
So did Crackdown 3 get patched to be a good game or were people just overreacting about how bad it was? Because I've been playing it for a few hours and it seems pretty good.

Never played Sunset Overdrive either, I'll give that a go when I'm finished with Crackdown.

Also anyone else with the game pass thing should give Lonely Mountains: Downhill a try, really cool game.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
This is the Internet. People love to overreact.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

This is the Internet. People love to overreact.

I'M NOT loving OVERREACTING HOLY poo poo

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

IM BUYIN THE drat ENELOOPS, gently caress

Thanks ya'll, I figured that was the way to go but wasn't sure if the play and charge might have some of the dark wizardry that the Switch Pro Controller has going.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

katkillad2 posted:

So did Crackdown 3 get patched to be a good game or were people just overreacting about how bad it was? Because I've been playing it for a few hours and it seems pretty good.

Never played Sunset Overdrive either, I'll give that a go when I'm finished with Crackdown.

Also anyone else with the game pass thing should give Lonely Mountains: Downhill a try, really cool game.

I didn't get an Xbox again until recently (Crackdown 1 & 2 being some of my favorite time wasters) so I never read any of the reviews but as someone enjoyed the first two... I enjoyed 3 as well.

I mean it's all about the orbs and it fulfills that just fine.

BrownieVK
Nov 10, 2009

Eat my ass
I will still fight anyone to the death that Halo 5 has the BEST multiplayer in the series. It's all about map control and power weapons spawing on timers like H1 just with more movement ability. Getting sweaty in H5 was some of the best video gaming of my life.

The single player sucks rear end though lol

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

3 is just super super short and not at all what was advertised for like 6 years but otherwise its more of that decade old sandbox game and just a colossal embarrassment rather than a bad game per se

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
It's absolutely not the best MP in the series but it's not really the worst thing to play as far as online FPS's go. The blend of COD/Halo is an interesting alternative to most stuff but it's not as fun and good as 3 or Reach for sure.

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

Crackdown 3 is fun, just embarrassingly run of the mill for something that was in development for 6+ years. You'll still enjoy it if you liked the previous ones and want more but with some QoL improvements.

FunOne
Aug 20, 2000
I am a slimey vat of concentrated stupidity

Fun Shoe
loving around in sandbox mode can easily burn time here and there. My kid loves the blackhole gun.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:
I enjoyed Crackdown 3 too, especially in co-op. They added stuff like wingsuits, artillery strikes and elemental weapons a few months ago. :D

:siren:

quote:

Games leaving Game Pass (in 2 weeks?)

Agents of Mayhem
Darksiders II Deathinitive Edition
Darksiders Warmastered Edition
Grid 2
MXGP3
The Surge
Thomas Was Alone

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

BrownieVK posted:

I will still fight anyone to the death that Halo 5 has the BEST multiplayer in the series. It's all about map control and power weapons spawing on timers like H1 just with more movement ability. Getting sweaty in H5 was some of the best video gaming of my life.

The single player sucks rear end though lol

I'm probably the only person that liked Halo 4 multiplayer but while the core gameplay mechanics of Halo 5 multiplayer look good, the maps look atrocious every time I watch someone play and it's made even worse by the lack of visual variety for them. Halo 4 was good on this front since it had an even split of normal/BTB maps that were all very distinct, but the multiplayer in Halo 5 really looks like an afterthought with how barren the content seems to be.

BrownieVK
Nov 10, 2009

Eat my ass

SUNKOS posted:

I'm probably the only person that liked Halo 4 multiplayer but while the core gameplay mechanics of Halo 5 multiplayer look good, the maps look atrocious every time I watch someone play and it's made even worse by the lack of visual variety for them. Halo 4 was good on this front since it had an even split of normal/BTB maps that were all very distinct, but the multiplayer in Halo 5 really looks like an afterthought with how barren the content seems to be.

Most of the maps are plain on purpose. There's the whole "it's a training sim" and they were focusing on trying to push Halo into esports and streaming more. A good portion of the smaller maps are arenas that are boring to look at I'll agree. Not sure why other posters think Halo 5 is cod-ified when in ranked lists you all spawn with the same weapons there's no more loadouts, and all of the power weapons are on set timers. There's also no call ins or drops like H4 had. It's literally as close to quake or something as a newer fps can get.
Warzone is the portion of multiplayer where you spend cards to buy/spawn with cool poo poo, but it's entirely optional and not the core multi.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

GUI posted:

Crackdown 3 is fun, just embarrassingly run of the mill for something that was in development for 6+ years. You'll still enjoy it if you liked the previous ones and want more but with some QoL improvements.
It also looks like a last gen game despite being in development for that long

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

BrownieVK posted:

Most of the maps are plain on purpose. There's the whole "it's a training sim" and they were focusing on trying to push Halo into esports and streaming more. A good portion of the smaller maps are arenas that are boring to look at I'll agree. Not sure why other posters think Halo 5 is cod-ified when in ranked lists you all spawn with the same weapons there's no more loadouts, and all of the power weapons are on set timers. There's also no call ins or drops like H4 had. It's literally as close to quake or something as a newer fps can get.
Warzone is the portion of multiplayer where you spend cards to buy/spawn with cool poo poo, but it's entirely optional and not the core multi.

Yeah I think I know what you're referring to, the kinda digital-ish grid-like maps that each team is launched onto at the start of a round? I can get why they look the way they do. I'm referring more to the traditional slayer maps such as one that's on top of a building during day and then there's another that seems to use the exact same geometry models but it's set at night, and then there's the remake of that classic map and another version of it that's upside-down, and then the ugly remake of Haven from Halo 4. It's such a small and unvaried set compared to Halo 4 which was really diverse and aside from that one that was a station floating in space (forget the name) all the others were really good, even though it felt like most slayer matches were Haven votes and BTB votes always went to that really green map.

I like that they're sticking to power weapons scattered around the maps however because it does so much for gameplay. I think Halo 4 had that as well? I know you could call stuff down (weapons or overshield etc.) but I remember running for the sword on one map (on the lower level of the map with a huge sun in the skybox) and picking up weapons around others as well, along with the mad rush for people wanting the mech on maps that had it. I think that and Gears are the only games that really do the power weapon thing any more and it's a shame, it allows more crazy/fun/overpowered weapons to be in shooters and they're auto-balanced by players having to fight for them and pick them up as a reward. Gears 5 seems to have the same problem as Halo 5 however, the multiplayer content is really lacking and there just isn't many maps at all. Gears 4 still owns, though.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Mxgp 3 is nothing special, right? I forgot to play it but have nostalgia from excite bike and a few others.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

You Halo fans should get reach around sometime in 2020.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

343 is too stingy to give reach arounds

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Crackdown 3 is a serviceably fun game but for something that was in development for 6 years, what the hell?

I really want a tell all of every insane change in gameplay direction because the finished project is basically "crackdown 1, but nicer" and if that was where they started 6 years should have been enough for a game longer than 8 hours and with a bit more features.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Any reviews on the new elite controller yet? Really hoping it’s more reliable than the last.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Barudak posted:

Crackdown 3 is a serviceably fun game but for something that was in development for 6 years, what the hell?

I really want a tell all of every insane change in gameplay direction because the finished project is basically "crackdown 1, but nicer" and if that was where they started 6 years should have been enough for a game longer than 8 hours and with a bit more features.

At least it's not "Crackdown 2, but nicer."

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
The best feature of this week's system update is you can rebind the media guide button on your Xbox one media remote to launch any other app or game.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

At least it's not "Crackdown 2, but nicer."

Yep. Its the single reason the game is kind of fun instead of achingly awful.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Blind Rasputin posted:

Halo fans should get reach around.

:hai:

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I enjoy the new maps. May give bfv another shot as my go-to game in my extremely limited play time since everything else sucks in late 2019.

Edit: meant to post this in the bfv thread. Oh well

UnfortunateSexFart fucked around with this message at 13:15 on Nov 1, 2019

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

I enjoy the new maps. May give bfv another shot as my go-to game in my extremely limited play time since everything else sucks in late 2019.

How can you say that when this is out today?!

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Sadly there are no Walmarts in Australia. Just vibrant street life instead. Lame

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Sadly there are no Walmarts in Australia. Just vibrant street life instead. Lame

Australia. Beacon of progressivism and love for one’s fellow person.

BrownieVK
Nov 10, 2009

Eat my ass
LMAO is that a real game?? It's like the new Sneak King BK game haha I'm gonna buy it and start my lucrative streaming career.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
If anyone gonna peep the new bf v update I’ve been playing it, my gt is fastestgunalive

Also down to play rainbow 6, battlefront, and remnant (haven’t tried it yet)

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Ruffian Price posted:

The Play&Charge kit is good when it works, but will occasionally refuse to charge when depleted and connected to the bone, official instructions is to let it run out completely, remove, wait a day and connect again which is fiddly as all hell. Get regular rechargeable batteries

I just the love absurdity of this poo poo. How many dollars were spent to determine the final outcome of "wait a day" for a solution gives me a chuckle.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

I assume it's to force a firmware reset or something...? I only had the cable gently caress up and stop charging on the Xbox if I used it to connect the controller to the PC, could be like those MacBook dongles with onboard firmware that needs updates and can crash

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I got some lovely rechargeables that plug in via hidden usb connectors under the caps and i plug em right into my pc and swap em for the back up pair when they run low :shrug:

They only last like 15 hours but they also cost like 4.99 for 4 of them so

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:
My play&charge kit still works fine after 4 years. Have to jiggle the cable into the controller to get it to charge sometimes but that's about it.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Electric Bugaloo posted:

Australia. Beacon of progressivism and love for one’s fellow person.

Have you been to Australia? People are super nice to each other, much nicer/communal than my home town of Vancouver. It's also a lot more progressive than Vancouver in Melbourne at least.

Reputation =/= reality

Edit: fully admit the federal government and large swaths of rural Australia are regressive and xenophobic as hell, but that's the way it goes everywhere.

Not sure how any of that relates to not being ravaged by Walmart/Amazon though.

UnfortunateSexFart fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Nov 2, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
Just finished Gears 5, I really enjoy these campaigns and gameplay, but these abrupt endings are really stupid. Seems like 4 and 5 were treated as just veerrryy long tv show episodes, with each one ending with "we'll get them next time, (looks into the camera) and I know just how to".