Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

Mirdini posted:

With further due respect, I believe the proposal from Parti du Roi risks a clique of powerful dukes trading the crown between them, and awarding each other land to maintain that relationship. Many electors only strengthens the realm, as it forces monarchs and dukes to work together for the good of all of the crusade rather than centralizing power in a small circle. Our monarch furthermore receives the prestige and honor of becoming Advocate of the Holy Sepulchre, commanding the armies of Christ in the Holy Land, and more besides - taking the stance that our monarchs must be guaranteed swaths of land to motivate them to further the will of Christ is a rather pessimistic and unchristian stance. Besides, the Haute Cour stands ready to motivate necessary expansion should a future monarch prove unwilling in light of their personal avarice.

Let me say that I do appreciate the intent of a large part of the Parti du Roi's law: it does seek to prioritize unlanded crusaders once de jure concerns have been addressed (much as our proposed law seeks to do). That is commendable.

However, the second clause of the Land Distribution of 1105 Act is unfortunately poorly worded and missing a critical safeguard, which I believe further undermines it: first off, 'should' is not an imperative, making the proposed law of questionable power. Additionally, it makes no reference to Ducal titles, opening the door to a monarch simply creating ducal titles of conquered territory, awarding them to friendly nobles who already have lands, and then giving them said territory as it would then be their 'de jure' territory.

Should the Parti du Roi seek to legislate further on non-holy conflict land distribution in the next session, I would be glad to approve of their efforts if any proposed legislation dealt with these concerns.

Although I agree with some parts of your logical reasoning, we as a collective cannot abrogate the right to rule by those who by their rightful entitlement and right to those who's only claim to the title is being a courtier or even landed. Examining the facts of the case, we can find that the feudal system means that by nature, a few powerful dukes is far more critical to the stability of the realm than a rather decentralized realm of paltry barons and counts. Take for example the England formerly ruled by the Godwinsons. We are better than the Witenaġemot of Anglo-Saxon England, who's control was weak and spread about people as important as dukes and as little as aldermen. Their decentralized system meant that when the Normans under William arrived on their shores a system of many counts and barons reacting to the threat was too little. William consolidated his realm into strong dukes with many (newly landed, mind you!) vassals underneath, and by the time he passed only a few short years ago in 1087, the realm was consolidated and the risk of civil war was nil. Although Jerusalem can gain from new landed local government, let that issue wait until after we have conquered our foe.

Although I believe that everyone in the Haute Cour is almost certainly trustworthy, a system of justly compensating those who's territory is de jure initially and then spreading the titles amongst those who are currently unlanded will provide the stability that Jerusalem needs while the Saracens knock at our doors, ready to take back what they view as theirs. A scattered system of barons and counts, answering to no one but directly their liege will undermine that stability and prevent forces from being rallied in our darkest hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

Posters off the pork bow!

Erwin the German posted:

: The Crown must have more men - two votes towards the Feudal Obligation Act. However, I fear I must place my remaining three votes against the Silk Must Flow policy. While I believe it is a splendid idea in theory, in practice this could not have been proposed at a worse time. There will be time to make Jerusalem rich, as the merchants and all good Christians desire. For now, we must ensure we have the funds now to make Jerusalem safe.

This Crusade must be successful by any means - for the sake of our borders, and on behalf of the lives of noble crusaders such as Galdemar, slain through their vile duplicity. On that note, I will of course be supporting the directive that our next feast be dedicated to his memory and life.

With respect, your majesty, I feel that immediately after the declaration of jihad against us would definitely have been a worse time. I understand your apprehension, however between the still active War Economy Law and your own faction's Invasion of Egypt Decree I feel ample funds have already been procured for the Egyptian Campaign. Further, I firmly believe that spending this sum now will ensure that in the future we do have the funds to ensure the safety of the kingdom.

i81icu812
Dec 5, 2006
I, Count Gauthier, submit three (3) votes in support of the Border Rationalization Policy

Captain Mediocre
Oct 14, 2005

Saving lives and money!

I will add my 1 vote in support of the Border Rationalisation Policy. God's kingdom must look pleasing when viewed from heaven.

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010

I, Duke Tancred, will use all four (4) of my votes to support the Avarice Prevention Act. Dukes like myself will still be able to conquer our own de jure territories. There is no need for the already landed elites to hoard even more of the gains from our common crusades and holy wars when there are still so many courtiers without anything in the holy land.

i81icu812
Dec 5, 2006
Ummm. My hyperlinked character profile changed to a three year old.

:ohdear:

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

I will add my one vote in support of the The Feudal Obligation Act.

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Using my single vote to oppose the Silk Must Flow policy, which seeks to undo our holy work by giving money changers free rein in Jerusalem, contradicting our lord and savior Jesus Christ.

Obliterati
Nov 13, 2012

Pain is inevitable.
Suffering is optional.
Thunderdome is forever.

Top Hats Monthly posted:

Although I agree with some parts of your logical reasoning, we as a collective cannot abrogate the right to rule by those who by their rightful entitlement and right to those who's only claim to the title is being a courtier or even landed. Examining the facts of the case, we can find that the feudal system means that by nature, a few powerful dukes is far more critical to the stability of the realm than a rather decentralized realm of paltry barons and counts. Take for example the England formerly ruled by the Godwinsons. We are better than the Witenaġemot of Anglo-Saxon England, who's control was weak and spread about people as important as dukes and as little as aldermen. Their decentralized system meant that when the Normans under William arrived on their shores a system of many counts and barons reacting to the threat was too little. William consolidated his realm into strong dukes with many (newly landed, mind you!) vassals underneath, and by the time he passed only a few short years ago in 1087, the realm was consolidated and the risk of civil war was nil. Although Jerusalem can gain from new landed local government, let that issue wait until after we have conquered our foe.

Although I believe that everyone in the Haute Cour is almost certainly trustworthy, a system of justly compensating those who's territory is de jure initially and then spreading the titles amongst those who are currently unlanded will provide the stability that Jerusalem needs while the Saracens knock at our doors, ready to take back what they view as theirs. A scattered system of barons and counts, answering to no one but directly their liege will undermine that stability and prevent forces from being rallied in our darkest hours.

I regret having only the one vote and thus no opportunity to vote down this self-rewarding catechism, though now I've said as much publicly I suspect that if it passes I'll never have any more than one

Obliterati fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Nov 1, 2019

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Cure for cancer discovered!
Court physicians hate him!

i81icu812 posted:

Ummm. My hyperlinked character profile changed to a three year old.

:ohdear:

Yep:

Hashim posted:

First casualties:

Count Galdemar of Hebron

Count Evrard of Beersheb

Baron Gaucelin of Rammala

Luckily, you all had kids. Your characters have been updated in the cast, as has Godefroy's.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

Obliterati posted:

I regret having only the one vote and thus no opportunity to vote down this self-rewarding catechism, though now I've said as much publicly I suspect that if it passes I'll never have any more than one

You realize the policy submitted by the PDR would get you landed as well, and merely maintain the King's ability to defend the realm, right? We're merely trying to prevent an obvious mistake that will let balkanization run amok even as we're in a struggle for our lives.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Finally got the time for a tally, it was a quick one though so let me know if I messed up:

:siren:Proposed Policies:siren:

The Silk Must Flow - Mercator Dei

Grizzwold posted:

- Construct two trade post holdings along the silk road, one in Jerusalem and one in Jaffa. This is estimated to cost approximately 100 gold in total.
- If any further eligible provinces are conquered from the infidel, a trade post holding is to be constructed in the wealthiest single province for another 50 gold.
- Upgrade the trade post in Jerusalem with a Silk Road Trading Post for 200 gold.

Support — 10 — Slaan, Grizzwold, Xelkelvos x2, Technowolf x2, HiHo ChiRho x3, Ralepozozaxe.

Opposition — 7 — Jossar x1, Erwin the German x3, Flavius Aetass, Lord Cyrahzax x2.

Border Rationalization Policy - Independent

i81icu812 posted:

-Prioritize conquering the provinces of Gaza that separate the southern reaches of the Kingdom from the coast during the current crusade against Egypt
-Prioritize the conquest of Tyrus (or whatever that county is) at the earliest safe opportunity to reconnect the constituent parts of the Kingdom

Support — 6 — Xelkelvos x1, Technowolf x1, i81icu812 x3, Captain Mediocre.

Opposition —

:siren:Proposed Laws:siren:

The Feudal Obligation Act - Eclipse Party

Pakled posted:

The Feudal vassal obligation shall be set to Levy Shifted.

Support — 9 — Pakled, Jossar x2, MaxieSatan, AJ_Impy, Angstrom Gothington, Erwin the German x2, Zikan.

Opposition —

Land Distribution Act of 1105 - Parti du Roi

Top Hats Monthly posted:

The following tenets make up the act:

-For every 4 titles the King receives through war or revocation, 3 must be distributed to persons other than the Monarch or his direct heirs. This ensures the King will still receive just compensation while giving the lions share to the court. Inherited titles are exempt from this numerical limit.

-Those who are eligible to receive a title, and said title is their de jure territory, should receive that territory. The next in line would be those unlanded, while the last resort is those who already have land outside their de jure territory.

-Bishoprics and cities are exempt from this Act.

Support —

Opposition —

Avarice Prevention Act - Pro Deo et Regno

Mirdini posted:

- The distribution of all titles below the rank of Kingdom (and lands thereof) conquered by the Kingdom of Jerusalem in a holy war or crusade must be determined the Haute Cour, not left to the sole judgement of the monarch of Jerusalem (henceforth termed 'the monarch').

- If there are unlanded crusaders sitting in the Haute Cour, any counties conquered under the above clause must be distributed to them first (in order of their joining the Haute Cour), one county apiece until no sitting crusader remains unlanded.

- Ducal titles of territories conquered by the Kingdom in a holy war or crusade may only be usurped or formed by the monarch after land has been distributed under the prior clause. Those Ducal titles must then be awarded to an eligible count of the Haute Cour who holds a county in that duchy's de jure territory.

- The monarch may not usurp or form a ducal title if the majority of said duchy has been conquered by a single vassal, unless said vassal waives their right to the title.

Support — 12 — Mirdini, Mr.Morgenstern, Freudian, sheep-dodger, Frionnel, Capfalcon x3, Snipee x4.

Opposition — 10 — Lord Cyrahzax x4, Top Hats Monthly x2, habeasdorkus x3, Clayren.

A Kingdom Without Feasts Is No Kingdom At All - Independent

Capfalcon posted:

Every year, the king shall call a feast unless he is actively campaigning with the army.

Support —

Opposition —

The Ecumenical Economical Act - Shanqing School of Supreme Clarity

Obliterati posted:

Alters the Pilgrim Toll Law to Infidel Tolls.

Support — 3 — Pacho, Obliterati, QuoProQuid.

Opposition —

:siren:Proposed Directives:siren:

Additional War Taxes Directive

MaxieSatan posted:

-reassign the Steward to Collect Taxes in our wealthiest province at once.

Support — 4 — Xelkelvos, MaxieSatan, AJ_Impy, Lord Cyrahzax.

In Memoriam of Galdemar Directive

Mirdini posted:

-dedicate Jerusalem's next feast to the memory of the fallen Count Galdemar, and condemn the vile Hashashin who murdered him.

Support — 5 — Mirdini, Jossar, Capfalcon, Frionnel, Angstrom Gothington.

---

Additionally, the following policy has been forced into the Recess by the Eclipse Party, as they rule as the largest faction:

The Invasion of Egypt Decree - Eclipse Party

MaxieSatan posted:

• The Kingdom of Jerusalem is to join the ongoing Crusade at once. The question of who shall be the primary Beneficiary will be left to the Pope, in his infallible wisdom.
  • A sum of no less than 400 gold* is to be earmarked as a mercenary fund, to be used only if the King deems it both useful and necessary to hire soldiers of fortune for the war effort.
  • Request support from the Vatican in the form of gold, troops, or holy relics, if they have any to spare. This is important, after all!

hashashash fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Nov 1, 2019

i81icu812
Dec 5, 2006
I support the war taxes directive.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

I, Prince Raimond, have looked at the proposed laws and decided to repeal my current votes for the Feudal Obligations law- it does not need them. Instead, I will be protecting our kingdom from other, misguided efforts:

I am placing 4 votes AGAINST the Avarice Prevention Act and 2 votes AGAINST The Silk Must Flow.

While trade posts should be built, our priority now must be war- and as for the 'Avarice Prevention' act, I am afraid the Haute Cour does not meet often enough to determine this. The king must have more leeway to act in these matters.

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

Having realized that 'Avarice Prevention' act will cripple the ability to managed our kingdom by only allowing management of titles and land every 5 years, I urge my fellow member of the Haute Cour to vote in opposition to an act that would needlessly add a immense burden to basic management of the Kingdom of Jerusalem

Mirdini
Jan 14, 2012

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

While trade posts should be built, our priority now must be war- and as for the 'Avarice Prevention' act, I am afraid the Haute Cour does not meet often enough to determine this. The king must have more leeway to act in these matters.

Could the good Prince Raimond please explain what he means by "this" with regards to the Haute Cour not 'meeting often enough to determine [it]'? The Avarice Prevention Act clearly designates what is to be done with land conquered in holy conflicts in its' second and third clauses, qualifying as the Haute Cour 'determining' such matters for the foreseeable future. If territory is conquered between sessions, our monarch need only follow those guidelines to ensure the law is followed, no per-land intervention by the Haute Cour required. Any powers not reclaimed by the Haute Cour in such a manner are left up to the discretion of the monarch, of course.

((OOC: I did check with Hashim because this had me worried but apparently how it's intended is how the law would be interpreted ("the Avarice Law is literally what the Haute Cour is saying, assuming it passes") - the King would distribute titles conquered in holy wars/crusades according to the latter clauses, and those alone, but he would be able to distribute them, not have to sit on them until a session rolled around.))

Furthermore regarding military matters - surely as a prominent member of the Eclipse party, the good Prince realizes a holy war or crusade will often take several years. We do have a session every 5, which should be more than enough should the law require amendment in future.

Mirdini
Jan 14, 2012

Zikan posted:

Having realized that 'Avarice Prevention' act will cripple the ability to managed our kingdom by only allowing management of titles and land every 5 years, I urge my fellow member of the Haute Cour to vote in opposition to an act that would needlessly add a immense burden to basic management of the Kingdom of Jerusalem

This is a clear lie, unfortunately. The Avarice Prevention Act only concerns land distribution of lands conquered in a holy war or crusade in the aftermath of such wars, and as I noted in my response to Prince Raimond, is not even a concern in that regard in those matters.

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

I, Prince Raimond, have looked at the proposed laws and decided to repeal my current votes for the Feudal Obligations law- it does not need them. Instead, I will be protecting our kingdom from other, misguided efforts:

I am placing 4 votes AGAINST the Avarice Prevention Act and 2 votes AGAINST The Silk Must Flow.

I can't believe a member of this esteemed body would support a mortal sin by opposing this act that ensures fair distribution of titles.

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

Mirdini posted:

This is a clear lie, unfortunately. The Avarice Prevention Act only concerns land distribution of lands conquered in a holy war or crusade in the aftermath of such wars, and as I noted in my response to Prince Raimond, is not even a concern in that regard in those matters.

Clause one says

quote:

- The distribution of all titles below the rank of Kingdom (and lands thereof) conquered by the Kingdom of Jerusalem in a holy war or crusade must be determined [by] the Haute Cour, not left to the sole judgement of the monarch of Jerusalem (henceforth termed 'the monarch').

Given the grammatical incorrectness of the act I have added my scribe's interpretation of language that is necessary for the act to make sense in brackets. This act implies that the Monarch may not impose by sole judgement in all cases of the distribution of titles.

Clause two states

quote:

- If there are unlanded crusaders sitting in the Haute Cour, any counties conquered under the above clause must be distributed to them first (in order of their joining the Haute Cour), one county apiece until no sitting crusader remains unlanded.

This provides an exception for clause one, by limiting the sole judgement of the monarch to a strict rule of unlanded seniority for title distribution.

However in clause three

quote:

Ducal titles of territories conquered by the Kingdom in a holy war or crusade may only be usurped or formed by the monarch after land has been distributed under the prior clause. Those Ducal titles must then be awarded to an eligible count of the Haute Cour who holds a county in that duchy's de jure territory.

As duchies have multiple counties and by the interpretation of clause two each county shall be held by a different member of the Haute Cour, how is the Monarch supposed to distribute a Ducal title without making a sole judgement unless he consults with the Haute Cour? Clause two states it is only for unlanded crusaders, it does nothing to adjudicate claims among landed crusaders. The Monarch does not have any rules for distribution of Ducal titles like he does for Count titles in clause two.

By any fair interpretation Ducal titles can only be distributed at a meeting of the Haute Cour, otherwise the Monarch would be making a sole judgement among the individual counts among a duchy's de-jure territory, without the guidance of the Haute Cour. Thus duchys could only be created and distributed every five years.

And to the allegation that because this only applies to land conquered in a holy war or crusade that it won't affect most titles.

How much of the grey area around the kingdom are followers of Christ?

Zikan fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Nov 1, 2019

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

Under my authority as Grandmaster of the Knights Hospitaller, I am changing my vote casted earlier in favor of our faction’s proposal and voting against the Avarice Prevention Act. I understand this move might be presently unpopular, but in due time the dividends that will pay off will make this quarrel seem slight.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Just to be clear, you've got 2 votes, so I'm assuming you want both moved

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

This member of the Parti du Roi, Fahkr, Count Tripoli, casts his three votes AGAINST the Avarice Prevention Act. My reasoning is that of my fellow PDR members, and as well those of Prince Raimond.

Despite this we must endeavor after this to land our noble Court, and I hope the King proceeds to distribute newly acquired holdings even without a Law emplaced. If not, I shall be first to support a proposal in the next session.

I also support both directives, BUT AS I AM INFORMED I ONLY CAN CHOOSE ONE, let us show our love for the late Galdemar.

habeasdorkus fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Nov 1, 2019

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

habeasdorkus posted:

I also support both directives, they are well chosen for both the realm and the love they show the late Galdemar.

Each person can only declare support for a single directive, though since there's only two they'll both pass anyways

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Zikan posted:

As duchies have multiple counties and by the interpretation of clause two each county shall be held by a different member of the Haute Cour, how is the Monarch supposed to distribute a Ducal title without making a sole judgement unless he consults with the Haute Cour? Clause two states it is only for unlanded crusaders, it does nothing to adjudicate claims among landed crusaders. The Monarch does not have any rules for distribution of Ducal titles like in clause two.

By any fair interpretation Ducal titles can only be distributed at a meeting of the Haute Cour, otherwise the Monarch would be making a sole judgement among the individual counts among a duchy's de-jure territory, without the guidance of the Haute Cour. Thus duchys could only be created and distributed every five years.

This is some bad faith BS
The Act defines how the monarch can distribute ducal titles: to one of the counts within the title's de-jure territory. Which eligible count is then left to the discretion of the monarch.

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

sheep-dodger posted:

This is some bad faith BS
The Act defines how the monarch can distribute ducal titles: to one of the counts within the title's de-jure territory. Which eligible count is then left to the discretion of the monarch.

How is this not the sole judgement of the monarch among the candidates? It is by definition a subjective decision made by a criteria that the Haute Cour has no input on. For one Duchy the Monarch could choose the oldest Count, for the next he could choose the Count with who he has the best relationship, for the next he could choose the richest Count, etc etc. Such a criteria would be the sole judgement of the Monarch, in violation of Clause One of the Act. If the King is to not exercise sole judgement among this set of candidates, by definition a further clause adjudicating ducal claims among landed claimants must be added or as written the Act would have ducal title only distributed at a meeting of the Haute Cour.

The reason clause two does not the language that bans 'sole judgement' is that the rule is ironclad, it's clauses are easy to verify objectively and it is nearly impossible for the king to have any subjective authority on it's interpretation. It must be recognized that Clause One has extremely broad implications as it applies to all titles below the rank of king

Unless we are suggesting that the Monarch simply randomly decide ducal titles, which would not violate Clause One of the Act.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

Hashim posted:

Just to be clear, you've got 2 votes, so I'm assuming you want both moved

That is correct

Mirdini
Jan 14, 2012

Zikan posted:

The reason clause two does not the language that bans 'sole judgement' is that the rule is ironclad, it's clauses are easy to verify objectively and it is nearly impossible for the king to have any subjective authority on it's interpretation. It must be recognized that Clause One has extremely broad implications as it applies to all titles below the rank of king

((The Act specifies

quote:

The distribution of all titles below the rank of Kingdom (and lands thereof) conquered by the Kingdom of Jerusalem in a holy war or crusade

The part of the sentence specifying "conquered by the Kingdom of Jerusalem in a holy war or crusade" still exists and is not somehow separated from the words immediately before it, contrary to your insistence that it does not. The 'not left to the sole judgement' part of the clause CLEARLY appends this limitation, meaning it is only *conquered* titles (in holy wars or crusades, no less) that it applies to.

To get meta-gamey for a minute, when you win a holy war, you take all titles *within* a duchy. You do not take the duchy title. That needs to be formed or usurped aftewards, which would not be conquered, thus clause one would not apply ANYWAY.

Glad we're getting into the legislative weeds in the second session :v

))

Mirdini fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Nov 1, 2019

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

Mirdini posted:

The part of the sentence specifying "conquered by the Kingdom of Jerusalem in a holy war or crusade" still exists, contrary to your insistence that it does not. The 'not left to the sole judgement' part of the clause CLEARLY appends this limitation, meaning it is only *conquered* titles (in holy wars or crusades, no less) that are applied to.

I ask the honorable member of the Haute Cour again.

How many of the surrounding shiekdoms do you think would let servants of Christ marry into their house and inherit their lands?

Mirdini
Jan 14, 2012

Zikan posted:

I ask the honorable member of the Haute Cour again.

How many of the surrounding shiekdoms do you think would let servants of Christ marry into their house and inherit their lands?

I'd like to note that the honorable member of the Haute Cour is avoiding a concession regarding my point refuting his fearmongering over ducal titles.

He also seems to be ignorant of the fact that there are non-holy casus belli that may be used to obtain land. And that some holy conquests may be prosecuted by titles among our ranks that are not The Kingdom of Jerusalem. I don't think discussing this with you any further will lead to much productive so consider this my final say on the matter, at least in response to my brother in Christ of House Cornouaille.

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Zikan posted:

How is this not the sole judgement of the monarch among the candidates? It is by definition a subjective decision made by a criteria that the Haute Cour has no input on.
Because the Haute Cour was the one establishing the list of eligible candidates?
You seem to be confusing "not sole judgement of the monarch" with "not any judgement of the monarch" which are two very different things

Clayren
Jun 4, 2008

grandma plz don't folow me on twiter its embarassing, if u want to know what animes im watching jsut read the family newsletter like normal
Changing my vote.

As member of the Parti du Roi the courtier Kristof van Rheineck casts his single vote AGAINST the Avarice Prevention Act. A better compromise act which allows for a balance between growing the ranks of the landed AND creating a strong kingdom demesne will come in the next session.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

:siren:Session is Closed:siren:

The following items have passed into the Recess, without opposition:

The following items have reached the 1/3rd opposition limit, so we await the King's decision on whether to pass or refuse them:

The following items will enter the Recess if either/both of the previous two are refused by the King:

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

As the king has already voted against our policy, I find it worrisome he is permitted to also have the final say on its fate. Should he, as I expect, foolishly rule against our policy I will reintroduce it next session. I would, however, request that my colleagues in the Pro Deo et Regno faction look to finding a solution to this potential mechanism for abuse of royal power.

Erwin the German
May 30, 2011

:3
: The Silk Must Flow Act will be vetoed. The Avarice Prevention Act will be passed into the Recess - though I would like to assume that all those who follow in my footsteps will be similarly braced with Godly virtues and fortitude, there must be a codified guarantee that those who bleed and die in the name of our Lord will have their just rewards.

I will more than welcome supporting the merchant's policy when the time is right. That time is not now.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

The Recess of 1105

Forced through by the Eclipse Party, the The Invasion of Egypt Decree, which mandates that:

MaxieSatan posted:

• The Kingdom of Jerusalem is to join the ongoing Crusade at once. The question of who shall be the primary Beneficiary will be left to the Pope, in his infallible wisdom.
  • A sum of no less than 400 gold* is to be earmarked as a mercenary fund, to be used only if the King deems it both useful and necessary to hire soldiers of fortune for the war effort.
  • Request support from the Vatican in the form of gold, troops, or holy relics, if they have any to spare. This is important, after all!

With 9 votes in support, the The Feudal Obligation Act, which mandates that:

Pakled posted:

The Feudal vassal obligation shall be set to Levy Shifted.

With 6 votes in support, the Border Rationalization Policy, which mandates:

i81icu812 posted:

-Prioritize conquering the provinces of Gaza that separate the southern reaches of the Kingdom from the coast during the current crusade against Egypt
-Prioritize the conquest of Tyrus (or whatever that county is) at the earliest safe opportunity to reconnect the constituent parts of the Kingdom

With 12 votes in support and 9 votes in opposition, the Avarice Prevention Act, which mandates:

Mirdini posted:

- The distribution of all titles below the rank of Kingdom (and lands thereof) conquered by the Kingdom of Jerusalem in a holy war or crusade must be determined the Haute Cour, not left to the sole judgement of the monarch of Jerusalem (henceforth termed 'the monarch').

- Ducal titles of territories conquered by the Kingdom in a holy war or crusade may only be usurped or formed by the monarch after land has been distributed under the prior clause. Those Ducal titles must then be awarded to an eligible count of the Haute Cour who holds a county in that duchy's de jure territory.

- The monarch may not usurp or form a ducal title if the majority of said duchy has been conquered by a single vassal, unless said vassal waives their right to the title.

Also attached to the Recess are the following directives:

Additional War Taxes Directive

MaxieSatan posted:

-reassign the Steward to Collect Taxes in our wealthiest province at once.

In Memoriam of Galdemar Directive

Mirdini posted:

-dedicate Jerusalem's next feast to the memory of the fallen Count Galdemar, and condemn the vile Hashashin who murdered him.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Mercator Dei people need to get in the Discord and get your role in. A lot of discussion and politicking goes on in there.

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

Should post a link for the people not in the know

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

Xelkelvos posted:

Mercator Dei people need to get in the Discord and get your role in. A lot of discussion and politicking goes on in there.

I entirely forgot there was one of those :shrug:

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Zikan posted:

Should post a link for the people not in the know

It's in the second Post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

Xelkelvos posted:

It's in the second Post.

Thanks.

Hashim posted:

If you're interested in participating or want to check out senatorial roasts and jerusalem chat, it might be useful to join the LP's Discord, so click HERE for that.