Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

Now, everybody, walk like a Jekhar.

(God, these running animations are terrible.)

Tallgeese posted:

A contest.

Today is a sad day. The greatest grindframe of all time has fallen, and their throne lies vacant.

The one who composes the most appropriate eulogy to Ember, Grineer's Bane, Lord of Sunlight, Queen of Affinity, Bulwark of the Weak shall receive a prize: Titania Deluxe Collection, or if I am particularly moved by your eloquence a greater prize, up to even perhaps Hunhow's Gift.

You have 24 hours as of this post.

The brightest stars are the most fleeting (because of ramping energy costs)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.
Is there any other way to get those goodies that they give away on the stream during work hours?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

open twitch on your phone. you have to watch the stream on something, usually for 30 minutes to qualify for the drop

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Can't link it directly, but be sure to look at this good use of the wisp animation set.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/dpvzxm/wisp_agile_is_pretty_good_part_2_remade_it/

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Nov 1, 2019

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

StashAugustine posted:

How do you get the new sword, how bad is grendel to get, and what resources do they need?

You have to do 3 missions against corpus. A 15 wave defense, an 800 cryotic Extraction, and a 20 minute mobile defense. These are all extremely difficult.

You'll have the resources for his Neuroptics and Systems, but his Chassis requires 20 Tralok eyes, 30 kuaka spinal claws, and 25 condroc wings.

TipsyMcStagger
Apr 13, 2013

This isn't where
I parked my car...

Jesus Christ do you never wipe that thing down? I have 3 g5s currently as they are so good.. all of them 10 years old basically

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe
The Grendel missions aren't solo only are they? I've gotten no pick up groups. Is it just because it's Halloween night or too new or what?

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.

TipsyMcStagger posted:

Jesus Christ do you never wipe that thing down? I have 3 g5s currently as they are so good.. all of them 10 years old basically
that's [DE]Steve's mouse

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Flubby posted:

The Grendel missions aren't solo only are they? I've gotten no pick up groups. Is it just because it's Halloween night or too new or what?

since they are keys they are probably like derelict missions where it wont match you with people

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Turtlicious posted:

You have to do 3 missions against corpus. A 15 wave defense, an 800 cryotic Extraction, and a 20 minute mobile defense. These are all extremely difficult.

Four Trinities walk into a bar...

What levels are the four missions?

Edit: Anyone done lich stuff? All the things I've read are pretty much the same (melee bad, Grendel mechanics dumb) but I haven't heard anything about the new content.

Mailer fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Nov 1, 2019

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Here's what you need to know about the Grendel missions:

They are the goddamned worst.

Here's what you have to contend with:

Warframe mods - disabled
Weapon mods - disabled
Companion mods - disabled
Arcanes - disabled
Spoilermode - disabled

800 Cryo Excavation (easy)
15-wave defense (boring)
20-minute survival (kill me now)

Against lvl 40 corpus enemies. It is a terrible slog and every minute of it is hell. Make sure your group has a Saryn, a Trinity, and a Frost (for defense/excavation).

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Mailer posted:

Four Trinities walk into a bar...

What levels are the four missions?

We found them pretty easy once we did Ember+Trin+Wisp+Frost/Nekros. Unmodded weapons, it must be said, blow teh big one, so Ember was doing like 90% of the heavy lifting.

I found them quite fun. It was a nice little tactical challenge, a bit more thoughtful than warframe typically is. I'd say the most similar experience was doing weapon specific runs in Payday where you couldn't use effective anti-shield measures like Pain Train, which was also fun.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
So... 375 platinum then. Cool.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me
Is there any story content in the grendel missions?

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Avulsion posted:

Is there any story content in the grendel missions?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-F6YRkU-vo

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

I agree with Dante, that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality.

And Tyler Too! posted:

Here's what you need to know about the Grendel missions:

They are the goddamned worst.

Here's what you have to contend with:

Warframe mods - disabled
Weapon mods - disabled
Companion mods - disabled
Arcanes - disabled
Spoilermode - disabled

800 Cryo Excavation (easy)
15-wave defense (boring)
20-minute survival (kill me now)

Against lvl 40 corpus enemies. It is a terrible slog and every minute of it is hell. Make sure your group has a Saryn, a Trinity, and a Frost (for defense/excavation).

Octavia was significantly better for our group than Saryn, fwiw. As in, we failed the defense with saryn and basically afked through with an octavia.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Mailer posted:

Yup. Time to buy Concealed Explosives and play mod roulette until you figure out how to almost kill yourself.

The explosions are unaffected by mods so you don't really need to do anything special. Regular-rear end Hikou has enough capacity with no potato and zero forma to fit both multishot mods, Concealed Explosives, and one extra fire rate mod (Gunslinger or Anemic Agility). Don't even need to fit Hornet Strike.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Forget it man this bat is whack, it's got poobrain!
My ISP switched to CGNAT and now warframe doesn't work. May need to get a VPN :negative:

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

hildryn worked really well for the grendel missions from what i've seen. still gotta do the survival but her 2+3 can be held endlessly and she doesn't have to worry about energy so the 2 constantly saps the corpus shields and helps buff allies along with her 3. try it out. activate her 3 and just endlessly do the 2. let the others clean up things.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
So they forgot about reflection and parry didn't they

didn't update them mods

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.
I think new Vaub is fun, but kind of frail, you can get up to 1k armor from bastille from what I can tell and that's kind of nice but still on the low end of defensive capacity since even the prime's base armor is quite bad. Also, is it just me or is tether mine really unreliable? I feel like it should basically be a shorter range nidus meatball, but it seems to not actually pull enemies in most of the time and cap be really haphazard about what enemies it even targets in the first place.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

So I just unlocked this Cephalon Simaris stuff. Am I correct in thinking you need to do 3 missions to scan 3 things? Should I be trying to do that every day? I might start off only doing it when it's on an easy enough mission.

Is it possible to hotkey using that item that traps guys? Pressing Q to bring up the wheel forcibly stops my guy from running, which can make it hard if the enemy keeps running away.

Getting this Physique aura from the last junction was a big win; if I'm understanding this correctly, it effectively is adding 7 mod slots and 90% health (since I immediately fully upgraded it). That'll be particularly nice when using new frames, since it'll at least give me enough space to put a mod or two on them from the start.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

where is that guy who was all "condition overload is literally not changing"

its additive +damage% now

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Ytlaya posted:

So I just unlocked this Cephalon Simaris stuff. Am I correct in thinking you need to do 3 missions to scan 3 things? Should I be trying to do that every day? I might start off only doing it when it's on an easy enough mission.

Yeah, you'll need to do three runs to get three scans. The 'daily' thing is more of a limit than an expectation, just do what you're comfortable with for now.

quote:

Is it possible to hotkey using that item that traps guys? Pressing Q to bring up the wheel forcibly stops my guy from running, which can make it hard if the enemy keeps running away.

Yep, under custom key bindings - it's managed by the order equipped.

quote:

Getting this Physique aura from the last junction was a big win; if I'm understanding this correctly, it effectively is adding 7 mod slots and 90% health (since I immediately fully upgraded it). That'll be particularly nice when using new frames, since it'll at least give me enough space to put a mod or two on them from the start.

It'll actually be fourteen points on a frame with a matching polarity. While the health bonus isn't super impressive once it maths out (it stacks with Vitality), the extra capacity right from jump really does help with low level frames.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Ytlaya posted:

They're all easy enough, but you might need to look up a guide to find an easy instance of that enemy.

You can hotkey specific gear slots but not specific gear items.

Physique is actually very bad, though certainly better than no aura. Most goons carry Corrosive Projection, the One And True Savior Of Warframe.

Seriously it's silly how ridiculously good Corrosive Projection is compared to every other aura. Aura slots can also have polarities which doubles the amount you get from them. Corrosive Projection has a 100% droprate from goon clan by the way... it's one of those things we have a ~billion of specifically because of how good it is.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
are gears slots disabled in the Grendel missions? because Clem and an Octavia Specter should clean house

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe
Mods, gear, spoiler mode, all gone. It's quite the challenge, but not the challenge I think people were wanting. I'm already reading up on ways to solo. Limbo and Octavia and some heavy melee seem to work. The survival challenge seems to be the worst of them.

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy
Oh poo poo, moustaches!

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Cagemooooooooooo :argh:

I Am Just a Box
Jul 20, 2011
I belong here. I contain only inanimate objects. Nothing is amiss.

Ytlaya posted:

You get a maximum of one Simaris scan per mission. Prioritize doing them whenever you can for now because there's one thing Simaris sells for synthesis reputation you really want: the Sol-Battery Widget. Once you buy the Sol-Battery Widget, you pretty much never have to buy Synthesis Scanners or Codex Scanners again: as long as you have a single Synthesis Scanner it'll never run out. After that, decide your own pace. You will have plenty of time to do Simaris dailies, and despite the name, they don't expire, so you can do one Simaris synthesis taking however long you want to finish. Look at the other stuff he has for sale and decide for yourself how much of a priority you want to put on it. Do not feel pressured to do it every day just for FOMO.

You really do want the Sol-Battery Widget, though.

Ytlaya posted:

The controller/keyboard mapping options have several Gear Hotkeys listed by number. Pushing a Gear Hotkey will use whatever gear item you have placed in that number slot in your gear wheel. So Gear Hotkey 1 will pull out whatever you have at 12 o'clock in your wheel, then count clockwise from there.

When you use a Kinetic Siphon Trap, it works differently from using some other gear items: instead of switching from your weapon to the gear item and then having to aim and fire it, the moment you pick it from the gear wheel or push the hotkey, you will immediately throw a Kinetic Siphon Trap that will land wherever your crosshairs are pointing. Siphon traps have some area of effect, so there's leeway for you to work with. You don't have to keep a close bead on the enemy.

Ytlaya posted:

You always want to have an Aura Mod equipped; even an aura mod that's the wrong polarity for your Warframe's aura mod slot and doesn't have a very good mod benefit is still giving you extra Mod Capacity, though a mismatched polarity provides less than the Aura Mod's level in bonus capacity. A matching polarity gives you twice the Aura Mod's level in bonus capacity.

I Am Just a Box fucked around with this message at 10:02 on Nov 1, 2019

Malah
May 18, 2015

Prop Wash posted:

Cagemooooooooooo :argh:
I shrugged off the idiot tax and thEN HE STOLE MY loving KUVA :argh:

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
stealing rivens tho :stonk:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Kuva lich invades the dojo, steals the plat from a trade

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

The patch notes say you get everything they stole back when you eventually kill them, right?

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
There is a whole lot of testing and experimenting to be done with this patch not only for liches but also melee, so many viable melee weapons now and improved stances and mods that might make the cut for 8th slot.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

is redeemer prime still good, how did Bullet Dance change

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Mailer posted:

So... 375 platinum then. Cool.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Tallgeese posted:

A contest.

Today is a sad day. The greatest grindframe of all time has fallen, and their throne lies vacant.

The one who composes the most appropriate eulogy to Ember, Grineer's Bane, Lord of Sunlight, Queen of Affinity, Bulwark of the Weak shall receive a prize: Titania Deluxe Collection, or if I am particularly moved by your eloquence a greater prize, up to even perhaps Hunhow's Gift.

The Ember
by Tulip, age 6

The Ember
She has destroyed her cage
Yes
YES
The Ember is good

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

While it is true that the sweet release of death from this mortal coil is a merciful prize given unto us by God, I'm not sure that's something you want to say at a funeral for she who formerly put the FUN in the mass version of the word.

But I'll allow it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Tallgeese posted:

A contest.

We bid farewell to Ember
Who burned within our heart

Snuffed out less like a flame
And more like a shart