Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,
election time is but a window.

I'll be back

Braggart posted:

Also giving back the commons. Good job Andrew.
can't believe he's in favour of returning $120 trillion in stolen gold and silver to South America. welcome, comrade!

continuing a theme, the siskin

CGI Stardust fucked around with this message at 11:46 on Nov 1, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

always thank the rock hider

CGI Stardust posted:

can't believe he's in favour of returning $120 trillion in stolen gold and silver to South America. welcome, comrade!

A good point which you have made at the start of page 120 trillion.

Edit: Ooh pretty birdies! :3: :swoon:

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe

To try and be charitable (not that they deserve it), the Lib Dem's target seats are overwhelmingly Tory and a campaign to win those probably involves attacking Corbyn a lot more than attacking Tories.

Though I still have no doubt the Lib Dems would accept Brexit and join a coalition with the Tories ahead of supporting Labour.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

https://twitter.com/Steven_Swinford/status/1190183346040705024

Seems they need to have a big campaign to get broadcast rights.

RockyB
Mar 8, 2007

Dog Therapy: Shockingly Good
I'm actually fairly hopeful that a lot of the piss tory surge is coming from middle class FBPE types who would have just voted Conservative normally. I'd love to see some actual analysis of that, because pulling 1,000 from tory to yellow tory is still enough to flip a number of constituencies to Labour.

Meanwhile there's a real chance that Labour policies, being a sharp break from the standard technocrat neolib concensus might actually engage the 30% of the population that don't bother to vote.

Might be a vain hope, but the polling companies have massively screwed up the last two elections and the referendum so I really don't think their methods are actually representative.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Braggart posted:

Also giving back the commons. Good job Andrew.
Labour are trying to do that with the Common Ground Trusts but it's a much slower process because of the amount of horse trading and development that has gone on since their original theft. It's more like a branch fell in your yard and I stole it and then paid some poor Scots a pittance to carve it into a horse and then sold it to someone else and they paid a decorator to carve to my darling wife for our 10th anniversary and then they died and left it to their kid and now their kid's selling it for ten times what they bought it for.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I genuinely do like this solid 5/6% of the population that is just hard powerbottom.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Anyone with a Torygraph sub wanna post this? https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2019/10/31/labour-clicks-gear-lib-dems-may-live-regret-election/

saw the headline and wanted to know if it's sufficiently fubpee bashing or just BREXIT ROOLZ

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Uh no? There's a whole month to go, and it's not entirely impossible for it to still be an accurate depiction of November 2019

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

OwlFancier posted:

I genuinely do like this solid 5/6% of the population that is just hard powerbottom.

I love the 3% of lib dems who would happily merk some politicians but heavens no don't stomp on MY face!

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Tesseraction posted:

Anyone with a Torygraph sub wanna post this? https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2019/10/31/labour-clicks-gear-lib-dems-may-live-regret-election/

saw the headline and wanted to know if it's sufficiently fubpee bashing or just BREXIT ROOLZ

I'm not sure the article can beat the picture:

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

Uh no? There's a whole month to go, and it's not entirely impossible for it to still be an accurate depiction of November 2019

I think it's more about the fact that once you reach the date of a "future" film in real life, it is no longer in the future. It is currently "present" and will soon become the "past."

read more on timecube dot cum

Eschenique
Jul 19, 2019

I googled Corbyns house for pictures and found this article. I never heard about it at the time.

https://metro.co.uk/2019/04/17/climate-protesters-glue-together-outside-jeremy-corbyns-house-9239600/

XR protestors chained themselves to Corbyns fence and demanded he do more for the environment.

I like the comment asking why they didn't chain themselves to Goves fence as both ruling party and minister for the environment.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

OwlFancier posted:

You fools, you have not seen my final form! :ssj:

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

OwlFancier posted:

I mean yeah that was definitely someone going out of their way to find an unflattering image.

Although I assume the photographer is trying to make it messianic

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

If the big screen was actually a giant wall of CRTs and set into a concrete wall, jo swinson would make a perfect 1970's supervillain.

Jo swinson go on evil genius 2 with your doomsday project being to accidentally brexit.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

OwlFancier posted:

this remake of v for vendetta sucks

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Staying abreast of the latest developments in jam communism

Extremely impolite of the Lib Dems to imprison Jo in the shame cube.

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

OwlFancier posted:

Which American megachurch was this photo taken in?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Firos posted:

Extremely impolite of the Lib Dems to imprison Jo in the shame cube.

Even worse that they let her out.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Behold the power of my stand!「 WINNING HERE

chestnut santabag
Jul 3, 2006

OwlFancier posted:

JO;
(can anyone explain the semi-colon to me please?)

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Tesseraction posted:

lmao the fubpees are so angry about him attacking their queen of piss diamonds

This description, loving lmao

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/PanelbaseMD/status/1190192683127648256

Libdem fightback going well I see

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

This is relevant to nothing but I'm watching Giant Bomb's video on Death Stranding & it's been described as a mix of American Truck Simulator & QWOP.

This has nothing to do with UK politics, I just needed to write this down because it's very good.

Doccykins
Feb 21, 2006
https://twitter.com/SamCoatesSky/status/1190224466829283328

yesssssss eat each other :unsmigghh:

Crankit
Feb 7, 2011

HE WATCHES

Guavanaut posted:

You're now on the loving list for Wimbledon. :)

What's their link?

https://fromalpha2omega.podomatic.com/

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

There does seem to be something of the move back two two party politics that we saw last time - maybe people are happy tosay they want to vote lib dem/green/brexit when there is no sign of an election, but fall back into a pattern once campaigning actually gets underway.

or maybe polls are BS and we shouldn't read into them at all.....

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

Farage claiming he's going to hurt Labour more than the Tories, but then bashing Johnson's deal as not really Brexit.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Tesseraction posted:

I mean yeah that was definitely someone going out of their way to find an unflattering image.

Although I assume the photographer is trying to make it messianic
Piss Christ.

Doccykins posted:

Farage cont
:hmmyes:

Poison Jam
Mar 29, 2009

Shh...
We're being watched.
gently caress the tories

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

Guavanaut posted:

Labour are trying to do that with the Common Ground Trusts but it's a much slower process because of the amount of horse trading and development that has gone on since their original theft. It's more like a branch fell in your yard and I stole it and then paid some poor Scots a pittance to carve it into a horse and then sold it to someone else and they paid a decorator to carve to my darling wife for our 10th anniversary and then they died and left it to their kid and now their kid's selling it for ten times what they bought it for.

Yeah I saw that and it sounds awesome. The first part of your post, not the second ;)

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Poison Jam posted:

gently caress the tories

:yeah:

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,
election time is but a window.

I'll be back

Guavanaut posted:

You're now on the loving list for Wimbledon. :)

What's their link?
if we're linking the Emancipation Network pods (General Intellect Unit, Alpha2Omega), may as well stick Swampside Chats up there too to get all 3! "The highest communist podcast"

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

https://mobile.twitter.com/SamCoatesSky/status/1190225958353166337
Boris can't scrap his deal. He's trapped.

Of course, TIBFJC.

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

Tesseraction posted:

https://twitter.com/Steven_Swinford/status/1190183346040705024

Seems they need to have a big campaign to get broadcast rights.

What the gently caress, this never happened to me before? How can the media say no to this face?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Tenebrais posted:

My favourite is to get someone imagining earning £250,000 a year. That's rich people money. You've Made It. On that money you can buy a big house in the country and fill it with anything you could want.

If you saved all of your income, without spending or being taxed a single penny, then to amass one billion pounds would take you four thousand years.

I saw one recently that said if you earned £1 a minute starting from the invocation of Article 50, you would have been a millionaire before the original exit date. You would become a billionaire some time around 4000AD, and it would take longer to equal Jeff Bezos's net worth than the human race has existed at this time.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

jabby posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/SamCoatesSky/status/1190225958353166337
Boris can't scrap his deal. He's trapped.

Of course, TIBFJC.

:gritin:

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Farage is snookered, the Tories are snookered, the two can't work together because one is absolutely tied to no deal and one is absolutely tied to Joris's deal and the two are incompatible.

I suspect the Brexit Party will pick up a number of seats - maybe 20 - but that is likely to come from both Tory and Labour seats. Unless the Lib Dems pull one of their classic switcheroos the chances of a Leave Alliance in government in very slim.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

Uuurgh my constituency is Bolsover and if Dennis stands down we could end up with a BXP MP. I'd never live with the shame.