Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
There’s no way to sell clothes right? At least in day 2?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

theblackw0lf posted:

That’s why I don’t want to take it haha. Because I could imagine real world consequences.

Thing is if I don’t take it I really don’t know how to get to 20. I’ve only bought the map and boom box. Have grabbed every bottle I can find. And have 5 perception and have clicked on everything I can find and have pawned whatever I could

joyce?

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
just cash the cheque. become erverts little perverted pawn

Oct 28, 2003

holy poo poo low empathy is very chatty and very bad at giving advice

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

does it say empathy success or failure when it gives you stupid advice

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Verviticus posted:

just cash the cheque. become erverts little perverted pawn

The best part of that is that you can completely no sell the entire encounter. "Have a seat. "No, I'm good." "Here is a...hu hu....check for you." "Cheers, thanks." "....don't you have anything to say?" "*do literally nothing*".

Like of course he's trying to strong arm and bribe you. Why do you have to even pretend to give a poo poo?

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

Heithinn Grasida posted:

About how early can you get the actual art degree thought? And do you have to constantly say the art you’re looking at sucks, or can you just make comments on art in general?

i got it pretty early like beginning of day 3 at the latest, just comment on art in general its more important to show youre paying attention than it is to have any real opinion on it, just like real art critique :)

Oct 28, 2003

Verviticus posted:

i think i picked up a quest to be the worst matchmaker ever

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
My jaw hit the floor when I accidentally blurted out to the gardener You're black!

Talk about your critical failures. And I was doing so well!

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

I just got the lore drop about the pale... :aaa:

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Zero VGS posted:

My jaw hit the floor when I accidentally blurted out to the gardener You're black!

Talk about your critical failures. And I was doing so well!
your character is an unmitigated failure of a human being and i love that it takes every chance it can get to make your character humiliate himself

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Avalerion posted:

I just got the lore drop about the pale... :aaa:

I know right?

Though now you can talk to the Paledriver without Kim trying to stop you because, well, what else is there to stop now that you already know?

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Xarbala posted:

I know right?

Though now you can talk to the Paledriver without Kim trying to stop you because, well, what else is there to stop now that you already know?

Who/where is that?

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

I feel like it's really surprising that instead of paying for the second hotel day you can't just sleep on a bench and thus switching your character to hobocop. In a game with such a reactive world to even the worst decisions the devs openly saying that at that point you need to reload a previous save (not even a game-over screen, you're just...stuck) is really weird. I mean, it's a game with anti-capitalist dialogue options, the dialogue with the hotel owner even lets you say you'll manage on your own and don't need a room, you can even piss him off to a point where he should be throwing you out.

You can walk around in just your pants, take bribes, get shitfaced on drugs, gently caress up every step of the investigation and still go on but you HAVE to pay for a hotel??? Seems like something that MUST have had an in-game resolution, it's inconsistent on the level of being a glitch, I don't get it.

ConfusedPig
Mar 27, 2013

Avalerion posted:

Who/where is that?

Zoned out lady in the eastern part of the map, a bit southeast of harbor gate with the scabs.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

Palpek posted:

I feel like it's really surprising that instead of paying for the second hotel day you can't just sleep on a bench and thus switching your character to hobocop. In a game with such a reactive world to even the worst decisions the devs openly saying that at that point you need to reload a previous save (not even a game-over screen, you're just...stuck) is really weird. I mean, it's a game with anti-capitalist dialogue options, the dialogue with the hotel owner even lets you say you'll manage on your own and don't need a room, you can even piss him off to a point where he should be throwing you out.

You can walk around in just your pants, take bribes, get shitfaced on drugs, gently caress up every step of the investigation and still go on but you HAVE to pay for a hotel??? Seems like something that MUST have had an in-game resolution, it's inconsistent on the level of being a glitch, I don't get it.

It's a game with anti-capitalist themes so the player has to exist in capitalism. Giving a way to just exist outside of capitalism from the start without having to collect garbage, take bribes, sell your partner's stuff would basically undercut several of the conflicts in the game. Perhaps it would be been more elegant for the game to just kill you in the night if you try to stay outside.

Perhaps a hamster
Jun 15, 2010

Heithinn Grasida posted:

About how early can you get the actual art degree thought? And do you have to constantly say the art you’re looking at sucks, or can you just make comments on art in general?
I'm mid-day 2 and already have art degree internalized in my current playthrough. Got the option some time in the evening of day 1, though tbh it was an extremely productive day.

Verviticus posted:

It says failure, but player knowing it's a stupid advice doesn't necessarily help the character much, depending on the options provided.

138 posted:

i think i picked up a quest to be the worst matchmaker ever

Also, cock carousel.

Perhaps a hamster fucked around with this message at 13:14 on Nov 1, 2019

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Fangz posted:

It's a game with anti-capitalist themes so the player has to exist in capitalism. Giving a way to just exist outside of capitalism from the start without having to collect garbage, take bribes, sell your partner's stuff would basically undercut several of the conflicts in the game. Perhaps it would be been more elegant for the game to just kill you in the night if you try to stay outside.

This is bloody brilliant and I hate it

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Fangz posted:

I agree with the overall theme but putting the foot down at the hotel bill of all places with no in-game resolution doesn't feel right. The game already communicates what you're talking about in different ways. At the same time you can survive a night without a bed, there is a hobocop archetype in-game, everything is set up for this to be an option. If they let me freeze to death if I slept outside or have me face other in-dialogue consequences later I'd agree that DE is making a point about it but instead...nothing happens, reload the previous save answers the creator. This isn't some grand ideological realization moment in a game with variety of alternative options for way more dire/capitalist situations. You can communicate the same concept in a variety of ways and the game does it as well so I'm not buying it. It feels like an oversight.

Palpek fucked around with this message at 13:37 on Nov 1, 2019

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

There is something that's bugging me. Might actually be a bug Map says I have a white volition check with Joyce but clicking through her dialogue shows nothing, I succesfully begged for money and had both conversations about the world as well as me/RCM, there doesn't seem to be anything left. Does anyone know if she has more volition checks? I suspect it might be the check when Kim told me not to ask about the world and I unsuccessfully asked him to gently caress off for a minute, but since I talked to her without him, dialogue option isn't there anymore

Perhaps a hamster
Jun 15, 2010

no, the volition check is the asking for money one. Map screen just bugs out sometimes and keeps showing checks you passed as still outstanding until you reload. Are you playing on GOG or Steam? Think they patch it on Steam but not sure how up to date GOG version is.

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea

chaosapiant posted:

I spent 4/5 hours from the point of no return to the credits. Like previous poster said, it’s not a lot of content but it’s really dense and a ton of poo poo happens.

Thank you!
4/5 is pretty tough to swing in the next 2 days, I guess I'll wait.
Seems like a better place to stop than playing 2-3 more hours and hitting a climax I don't want to miss.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
So I bought this game on a lark. My first character is 1 int / 3 phy /3 Fy / 5 Mot so he's actually surprisingly competent if slow to catch on. I got a quest to find cigarettes that I'm failing at, I crashed some old guys' game when I masterfully shot-put a croquet ball into the river, I put on clothing I found in a box on the street, and then I punched a child in the face.

10/10 Game of the year.

Guildencrantz
May 1, 2012

IM ONE OF THE GOOD ONES
This game is absolutely amazing, but I've run into a weird bug that's kind of ruining it for me. My chain cutters have somehow disappeared, I think when I gave them to Kim for a moment. Weirdly, I've oepened the save file and they're listed in my inventory as one of the items I have, but they just don't appear in the game. Has anyone else run into this? I don't want to restart but they seem like a pretty important item :/

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Palpek posted:

I agree with the overall theme but putting the foot down at the hotel bill of all places with no in-game resolution doesn't feel right. The game already communicates what you're talking about in different ways. At the same time you can survive a night without a bed, there is a hobocop archetype in-game, everything is set up for this to be an option. If they let me freeze to death if I slept outside or have me face other in-dialogue consequences later I'd agree that DE is making a point about it but instead...nothing happens, reload the previous save answers the creator. This isn't some grand ideological realization moment in a game with variety of alternative options for way more dire/capitalist situations. You can communicate the same concept in a variety of ways and the game does it as well so I'm not buying it. It feels like an oversight.

the fact that this happens without even any text to acknowledge it is definitely strange and bad, and i'm hoping the devs have some kind of response to it because it breaks immersion in the worst way

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Guildencrantz posted:

I don't want to restart but they seem like a pretty important item :/

I could be mistaken but I don't think they're actually critical for the main quest

You have actually looked under "Tools" and not one of the other inventory tabs right? Just checking

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Guildencrantz posted:

This game is absolutely amazing, but I've run into a weird bug that's kind of ruining it for me. My chain cutters have somehow disappeared, I think when I gave them to Kim for a moment. Weirdly, I've oepened the save file and they're listed in my inventory as one of the items I have, but they just don't appear in the game. Has anyone else run into this? I don't want to restart but they seem like a pretty important item :/

Are you sure they're not just in your hand?

Also where do I get a better Pry Bar from? Some guides have said to talk to Soona in the Church and unplug the ice cream maker, but she doesn't have a dialogue option to bring it up.

pedro0930
Oct 15, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Are you sure they're not just in your hand?

Also where do I get a better Pry Bar from? Some guides have said to talk to Soona in the Church and unplug the ice cream maker, but she doesn't have a dialogue option to bring it up.

You might have to already attempt to open the icebox to no veil before. Then you can mention that to Soona and she'll give you a better tool.

Idia
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

SimonChris posted:

My beautiful 25 real novelty cheque is bugged :(. Whenever I try to cash it, the game says I have received 25 real, but the money doesn't actually appear. The option to cash it also doesn't go away, so I can keep cashing the cheque over and over with no effect.

Some googling didn't turn up anything. Has anyone else experienced this issue?

I had the same bug! I still had enough money to cover rent for the 1st day and the 2nd day but it's a bummer.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Soona gives you a mean chocolate bar.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

pedro0930 posted:

You might have to already attempt to open the icebox to no veil before. Then you can mention that to Soona and she'll give you a better tool.

Is there a sidequest involved? I've poked at the radiocomputer, got the printout and basically seen all the elements to it, but Soona won't talk about it at all.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Would agree with GOTY.

My favourite failed dice roll is when I tried to run away from the room bill. You decide to run and then jump backwards while flipping double birds at Garte. It doesn't go well and you smash into Lena's chair knocking yourself unconscious (she is fine).

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

So for my second playthrough I've got Electrochemistry as my sig skill, and have like 8 points in it. I'm going to play a hairyman who swears off alcohol, but in order to cope, smokes/snorts/shoots up anything he can find. Electrochemistry is like Tom Hanks in Big: it's a 12 year old adolescent male who thinks boobies and cigarettes are cool and awesome and has the agency of a cop in his 40s. It's a bad combo and EC is constantly chiming in with bad advice, or becomes the Encyclopedia skill for drugs. I basically have the Mooninites in my head at all times, and it's amazing.

Perhaps a hamster
Jun 15, 2010

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Is there a sidequest involved? I've poked at the radiocomputer, got the printout and basically seen all the elements to it, but Soona won't talk about it at all.
I think for me it was related to the rave club sidequest, and came up at the point where I'm trying to convince Soona to move out and/or coexist with the kids, and to do so I have to help her out with her self-imposed task in the church. One step of that is getting her the info from the freezer. But, you said you arrested the kids, didn't you? So maybe that prevents it from triggering.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Perhaps a hamster posted:

I think for me it was related to the rave club sidequest, and came up at the point where I'm trying to convince Soona to move out and/or coexist with the kids, and to do so I have to help her out with her self-imposed task in the church. One step of that is getting her the info from the freezer. But, you said you arrested the kids, didn't you?

Yup, sounds like I borked myself here then :sigh:.

Definitely want to do another playthrough though once I finish the game. Been fairly straight-laced on this one as a stand-up intelligent detective. I think I'll be more... self-indulgent next time.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I still can't believe you arrested them

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Are there many opportunities to hand out fines or those arrest slips? I think I only found one the whole time I was playing and I couldn't bring myself to actually click it.

PageMaster
Nov 4, 2009

ConfusedPig posted:

Zoned out lady in the eastern part of the map, a bit southeast of harbor gate with the scabs.

Is talking to her locked behind a specific requirement or day? She doesn't respond to any of my dialog options (or do anything, really).

PageMaster fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Nov 1, 2019

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

Are there many opportunities to hand out fines or those arrest slips? I think I only found one the whole time I was playing and I couldn't bring myself to actually click it.

I fined Gary the Cryptofascist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I really wish there was a way to skip time. Sitting on a full two hours to kill until I can meet up with the person that has my gun and I've done all the sidequests I have.