Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Hatebag posted:

So employers pay a payroll tax per employee, probably adjusted for exempt/non-exempt/part-time and company size. I can see the appeal as that would be a way to prevent the rich from just not paying taxes, as they do, but really the irs should be given broader enforcement powers and funding. putting your money in a tax shelter should not be allowed nor anything that reduces your tax burden if you make more than say, $20k. The rich dont pay taxes and should be killed.

*cough cough*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
Playing de_trump and the terrorists keep winning

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.
Fox News talking about the big boy doing a fireside chat to talk about the phone call

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Hatebag posted:

So employers pay a payroll tax per employee, probably adjusted for exempt/non-exempt/part-time and company size. I can see the appeal as that would be a way to prevent the rich from just not paying taxes, as they do, but really the irs should be given broader enforcement powers and funding. putting your money in a tax shelter should not be allowed nor anything that reduces your tax burden if you make more than say, $20k. The rich dont pay taxes and should be killed.

in general this is good

payroll taxes function as a straight percentage on whatever your wage is, it's the same as the FICA that comes out on your pay stub for medicare, medicaid and social security but on the employer side. BUT! a lot of tax research finds that a lot of the employer-side payroll taxes actually fall on the workers via lower overall wages, so in a roundabout way this is still probably a hit on wage earners.

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY
omg this is fuckign blowing my mind!!!

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

emfive posted:

Fox News talking about the big boy doing a fireside chat to talk about the phone call

Fireside treason

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

emfive posted:

it would probably be the most incredible moment in the history of the universe and I hope it happens

Superanos
Nov 13, 2009

Live Free posted:

is the clown world meme racist? one of my friends started saying it but I don't think he's racist but I'm pretty sure it has like 4chan origins and I'm worried about my boy. what should I do

yes it is

The idea is that we live in a "clown world" because you're not allowed to be racist or sexist, therefore the world has gone insane. This is seen as a jewish plan to discriminate against white men. Anything progressive is part of the clown world.

Basically a synonym to "cultural marxism"

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.
Stock transactions should of course be taxed, and capital gains tax should be extensively overhauled

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

emfive posted:

no way will they risk that again

Jon Carbuncle
Sep 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

baw posted:

omg this is fuckign blowing my mind!!!

tax code usually has that effect on people

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

emfive posted:

He gets to the favor quote and starts screaming asking why this part was left in.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

That doesnt address the fact that the rich hide their money from taxation. I think there would be plenty of loopholes for the rich to avoid taxes in that before it got passed

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

Playing de_trump and the terrorists keep winning

loading up aimbot.exe

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

euphronius posted:

it would probably be the most incredible moment in the history of the universe and I hope it happens

only thing that would make it better is if Rudy joined him

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

dang it's cold

Vishass
Feb 1, 2004

Deceptive Thinker posted:

"Taxing additional take-home pay: Since employees would no longer have to pay their share of health care premiums, their take-home pay would go up. This would raise $1.4 trillion."

jake tapperishly - so middle class taxes WILL go up

LOL Bernie could raise my current taxes 100% and I'd still be making more money our healthcare is so hosed

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Hatebag posted:

That doesnt address the fact that the rich hide their money from taxation. I think there would be plenty of loopholes for the rich to avoid taxes in that before it got passed

that’s why transaction taxes are good

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

brugroffil posted:

in general this is good

payroll taxes function as a straight percentage on whatever your wage is, it's the same as the FICA that comes out on your pay stub for medicare, medicaid and social security but on the employer side. BUT! a lot of tax research finds that a lot of the employer-side payroll taxes actually fall on the workers via lower overall wages, so in a roundabout way this is still probably a hit on wage earners.

Yeah if the outlay is the same for them you're just gonna get less money.

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY

Saint_Rukus posted:

tax code usually has that effect on people

the gum coming back in style, the log lady, it's all so flippin clear!!!!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

thinking about fireside chats FDR would have probably been a pro tweeter

Willzilla
Aug 16, 2006

Rawr

emfive posted:

it will be scripted and we will suffer another ‘wow presidential ‘ cycle for it

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
anyone who says thanksgiving food is boring hosed up by not marrying into a portuguese family

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Hatebag posted:

none of these plans from Warren or Sanders or gently caress even lovely centrists like Harris or Buttigeig have any chance of passing the 117th Congress anyway

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
My country is so hosed 🆙

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Willzilla posted:

he’s literally going to read the “transcript” of the Ukraine call

Vishass
Feb 1, 2004

Willzilla posted:

LOL

Serf
May 5, 2011

paying for the plan that doesn't even include mental health care lol

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Fireside shat

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
:lol: Matt Bevin has a campaign commercial that is literally just audio of Trump praising him over pictures of things.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
so when does she obama us

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I hope the fire grows and grows

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Superanos posted:

yes it is

The idea is that we live in a "clown world" because you're not allowed to be racist or sexist, therefore the world has gone insane. This is seen as a jewish plan to discriminate against white men. Anything progressive is part of the clown world.

Basically a synonym to "cultural marxism"

The canonical name of that clown is Honkler so

Also Honk Honk = HH

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

euphronius posted:

that’s why transaction taxes are good

Transaction taxes are good, yes. Some of the warren stuff is good but i don't think it's a cohesive picture of how to address inequality

Serf
May 5, 2011

brugroffil posted:

none of these plans from Warren or Sanders or gently caress even lovely centrists like Harris or Buttigeig have any chance of passing the 117th Congress anyway

then what's even the point

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Hot Karl Marx posted:

loading up aimbot.exe

wall hax won't work on de_trump

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

euphronius posted:

thinking about fireside chats FDR would have probably been a pro tweeter

winston churchill wouldve been a poo poo rear end tweet dweeb tho

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

joe manchin has fetal alcohol syndrome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Hatebag posted:

Transaction taxes are good, yes. Some of the warren stuff is good but i don't think it's a cohesive picture of how to address inequality

def not

it doesn’t end capitalism for example