Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Venomous posted:

Yeah, Honda absolutely rules. Artelier, if you maybe want to see him wrestling a more serious match, then his 2011 match between him and Dick Togo is imo one of the greatest matches of all time. He still rules at straight up comedy though.
Add another voice to the Honda love in here. One of my favorite discoveries from subscribing to DDT Universe.

and nthing MOTYC: Antonio Honda vs. Lulu Pencil - Gatoh Move (10/27)

I'm always a sucker for a game of musical chairs breaking out in the middle of a wrestling match and the finish was absolutely sublime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

MOTYC: Antonio Honda vs. Lulu Pencil - Gatoh Move (10/27)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Zx2WeoTGZ8

This match has to be seen to be believed but Pumi beginning by saying it is the greatest match of all time is no exaggeration. Lulu's gimmick of being absolutely terrible at pro wrestling is the greatest thing ever and this match maybe has the best ending ever.

Can't believe that Honda is going from this to wrestling Kenny Omega in Sumo Hall in the space of a week.

Astounding. Pro wrestling, y'all HM

If you liked this and want more Honda in Gatoh move, I highly recommend these absolutely brutal death matches on YouTube:
https://youtu.be/6x0xPriwE98 UFO DEATH MATCH
https://youtu.be/Cl6tKu-j6Jw DRAWING DEATH MATCH

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Antonio Honda vs Dick Togo from 2011 is one of the best matches of this decade, full stop.

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

This match has to be seen to be believed but Pumi beginning by saying it is the greatest match of all time is no exaggeration. Lulu's gimmick of being absolutely terrible at pro wrestling is the greatest thing ever and this match maybe has the best ending ever.

Can't believe that Honda is going from this to wrestling Kenny Omega in Sumo Hall in the space of a week.
I watched it, and it's not my favorite comedy match of the year (I don't know what can beat the single light tube death match) but it's one of the most endearing matches I've seen all year

I think I'm going to buy Pumi a SA account

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I don't know that I'd consider the single light tube deathmatch as a comedy match beyond the demonstration at the start (and I guess the basic premise) but that's my overall MOTY.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

Just watched it and I'll give it an HM, I had a really great time watching that, it was just a lot of fun and extremely, extremely endearing and the fairytale and musical chairs spot had me howling and then the actual finish was masterfully done, this is definitely worth a watch :)
nth the HM for Lulu pencil vs Antonio Honda

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
Pumi has seen a few of the posts from this thread and is very thankful for them

https://twitter.com/pumi_gtmv/status/1190215638209290240

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

HM: Eli Drake vs Caleb Konley, NWA Powerrr 8th October
HM: Tim Storm vs Nick Aldis, NWA Powerrr 8th October

I'm a bit behind on this excellent little TV show

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

now that the screenshot has been sent i will say the commentary was unnecessary and added nothing but the finish was very funny

Kevino07
Oct 16, 2008
WMOTYC: Brock Lesnar vs Cain Velasquez: WWE Crown Jewel 10/30

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

HM: Adam Cole (C) vs. Daniel Bryan for the NXT Championship - WWE Smackdown 11/1

This match was really goddamn good.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Nov 2, 2019

Brokenogre
May 22, 2013

Lacey is really good actually
I wanna HM: Daniel Bryan vs Adam Cole Smackdown 11/1/19

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Kevino07 posted:

WMOTYC: Brock Lesnar vs Cain Velasquez: WWE Crown Jewel 10/30

Nth

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

HM: Lucha Brothers vs Rush/Dragon Lee - The Crash

https://twitter.com/socaluncensored/status/1190518027441311744

Kevino07
Oct 16, 2008

Rarity posted:

HM: The Elite vs. The Hybrid 2 and Kip Sabien, AEW Dynamite, 30/10
HM: SCU vs. Lucha Bros, AEW Dynamite, 30/10

nthing these. Watching AEW after Crown Jewel ended up being a fantastic palette cleanser.

WMOTYC: US Title contender Battle Royale, WWE Crown Jewel 10/31 - This might be worst battle royale of the year in year with some real stinkers. Dull, predictable and did nothing to make the winner look worthy (which considering they were wrestling for a title on the same night is sheer incompetence)
WMOTYC: WWE Universal Championship match: Seth Rollins (c) vs The Fiend, WWE Crown Jewel 10/31 - This match actually hurt my eyes thanks to the virtual boy lighting, and the ending was laughable.
HM: Mansoor vs. Cesaro, WWE Crown Jewel 10/31 - Cesaro is a beast, he deserves so much better.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Kevino07 posted:

WMOTYC: WWE Universal Championship match: Seth Rollins (c) vs The Fiend, WWE Crown Jewel 10/31 - This match actually hurt my eyes thanks to the virtual boy lighting, and the ending was laughable..

Did you see Hell in a Cell :whitewater:

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
These are all HMs from RoH's 17th Anniversary Show on March 15

Matt Taven vs. Jay Lethal
Bandido vs. Rush
Brody King & PCO vs. Jay Briscoe vs. Mark Briscoe

Kevino07
Oct 16, 2008

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Did you see Hell in a Cell :whitewater:

Yes I did, and that was terrible too.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

HM: Adam Cole (C) vs. Daniel Bryan for the NXT Championship - WWE Smackdown 11/1

This match was really goddamn good.

Nth. Great match.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

IceAgeComing posted:

*In depth post about Gatoh, Honda and Lulupencil*

A little late due to weekend work but thank you very much for this! Really appreciate the detail given, and the video a different take on the same kind of "terrible wrestler" match. Decided to subscribe to the channel and keep a look out for more of their stuff.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

motyc kenta vs tomohiro ishii power struggle 11/3

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Super No Vacancy posted:

HM for me

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Super No Vacancy posted:

This feels like the match where KENTA really shook off the ring rust. It was brutal.
2nd'd obviously

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Super No Vacancy posted:

Yeah, that was far and away the best KENTA match since... uh... his original run at KENTA, honestly

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Super No Vacancy posted:

Count me as a HM nth.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

The Cameo posted:

Yeah, that was far and away the best KENTA match since... uh... his original run at KENTA, honestly

The match with Marufuji last year was really good too, but yeah, probably his best match since vs Nakajima in 2013 when he was still GHC Heavyweight Champion

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
HM: Rika Tatsumi and Miu Watanabe vs Sakisama and Misao, DDT Ultimate Party 2019, 3rd November 2019

The best built match going into Ultimate Party (unless something big happened to build the BASARA matches but I don't watch it): this match felt like an appropriate end to what has been a six month long feud. A bit clunky in places but not enough to really detract from the match and the post-match visual ruled: both Tatsumi and Watanabe being incredibly emotional after winning (Tatsumi was already crying during the closing stretch) but it also had bitter sweet elements to it as well: Tatsumi may have won the match and become tag champion but she went into this crying to get her friend Hyper Misao back and she appears to have failed there: with Misao leaving with Sakisama after the match.

There were other good matches on this show that are certainly worth nominating: I actually had something to say on this one and its intermission so why not.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

MOTYC: Will Ospreay vs Bushi, Power Struggle 2019 3rd November
Absolutely glorious silly fun

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

HM to KENTA vs Ishii and to BUSHI vs Ospreay.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

jesus WEP posted:

mist spots, ref bumps, good moves.

nth.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

jesus WEP posted:

Nth. They kissed, *****

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

forkboy84 posted:

Nth. They kissed, *****

yea

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
MOTYC: Will Ospreay vs. BUSHI, NJPW Power Struggle, 03/11

Give me more gay in my wrestling please and thank you

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

Super No Vacancy posted:

jesus WEP posted:

These. Maybe I'm being a bit generous but they were a lot of fun.

Also gonna throw a HM to Fighting Spirit Taichi vs Zero Tranquilo Naito. I actually want to see Taichi get some kind of high profile singles match at Wrestle Kingdom, which I didn't think I'd be saying at the start of the year.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

HM for KENTA vs. Ishii
MOTY for Ospreay vs. BUSHI

Both from Power Struggle 3/11

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Rarity posted:

MOTYC: Will Ospreay vs. BUSHI, NJPW Power Struggle, 03/11

Give me more gay in my wrestling please and thank you

Exactly quote from my housemate when showing them their first NJPW match the other night: "I always suspected wrestling was gay but I didn't realise it was THIS gay. This is great".

But I agree, there's always room for it to be gayer. MOTYC for Ospreay/BUSHI

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Put another one up for this

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Jerusalem posted:

HM for KENTA vs. Ishii
MOTY for Ospreay vs. BUSHI

these are my thoughts

i was gonna be a grinch about ospreay/bushi but it got so goofy and then also the post-match so

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
HM: Yuka Sakazaki vs Shoko Nakajima from DDT Ultimate Party Nov 3rd

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

HM: Switchblade Jay White (C) vs. Hirooki Goto for the IWGP Intercontinental Championship - NJPW Power Struggle 3/11

That ending :stonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Animal Crackers
Jun 11, 2012
HM: Timothy Thatcher vs Tom Lawlor - MLW Saturday Night Superfight 11/2
HM: Jacob Fatu vs L.A. PARK - MLW Saturday Night Superfight 11/2

MOTYC: Will Ospreay vs BUSHI - NJPW Power Struggle 11/3
HM: Jay White vs Hirooki Goto - NJPW Power Struggle 11/3