Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

I'm having a hard time finding anything on it because of all the noise from this, but there was definitely an incident in the 80s or early 90s with a bunch of wrestlers getting caught in Saudi Arabia with a shitload of drugs but it all got swept under the rug.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
I remember there was an incident with Vader but I can’t recall if it was drugs or if he attacked someone

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

Big Van Vader got arrested in Kuwait for slapping a tv reporter

none of the dweebs stuck in Saudi Arabia are Big Van Vader tho

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

holy poo poo lol

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
WWE discovering to their surprise that the Saudis are even bigger carnies than the McMahon family.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

There's folks in the replies saying their flight was delayed due to bad weather at their destination in Buffalo.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Darth Walrus posted:

There's folks in the replies saying their flight was delayed due to bad weather at their destination in Buffalo.

convenient excuse, buffalo ALWAYS has bad weather

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

if it was weather they could have just landed in nearby and drove

Retarded Goatee
Feb 6, 2010
I spent :10bux: so that means I can be a cheapskate and post about posting instead of having some wit or spending any more on comedy avs for people. Which I'm also incapable of. Comedy.
are the mek still rolling with that cool cult thing or did the us state department turn them into just a new neoliberal regime change thing

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Raskolnikov38 posted:

if it was weather they could have just landed in nearby and drove

you do not want to do this under any circumstance if the destination was going to be Buffalo

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

Green Room sequel lookin' good

a movie about a dozen pro wrestlers trying to escape Saudi Arabia and killing a bunch of sadistically violent but inept psycho princelings is a good premise

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Green Room was amazing.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

President Assad: As for Trump, you might ask me a question and I give you an answer that might sound strange.  I say that he is the best American President, not because his policies are good, but because he is the most transparent president.  All American presidents perpetrate all kinds of political atrocities and all crimes and yet still win the Nobel Prize and project themselves as defenders of human rights and noble and unique American values, or Western values in general.  The reality is that they are a group of criminals who represent the interests of American lobbies, i.e. the large oil and arms companies, and others.  Trump talks transparently, saying that what we want is oil. This is the reality of American policy, at least since WWII.  We want to get rid of such and such a person or we want to offer a service in return for money.  This is the reality of American policy. What more do we need than a transparent opponent?  That is why the difference is in form only, while the reality is the same.

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Plutonis posted:

President Assad: As for Trump, you might ask me a question and I give you an answer that might sound strange.  I say that he is the best American President, not because his policies are good, but because he is the most transparent president.  All American presidents perpetrate all kinds of political atrocities and all crimes and yet still win the Nobel Prize and project themselves as defenders of human rights and noble and unique American values, or Western values in general.  The reality is that they are a group of criminals who represent the interests of American lobbies, i.e. the large oil and arms companies, and others.  Trump talks transparently, saying that what we want is oil. This is the reality of American policy, at least since WWII.  We want to get rid of such and such a person or we want to offer a service in return for money.  This is the reality of American policy. What more do we need than a transparent opponent?  That is why the difference is in form only, while the reality is the same.

Thats pwnage

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

but but Obama put such a nice professional spin on american colonialism!!!

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That's gonna make a lot of people loving blow a gasket

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Plutonis posted:

:hai:

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Evil Beaker turning Trump into a teachable moment

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Plutonis posted:

keep in mind that the context of this statement is excludng hillary as an american president who wouldve probably tried to replay libya in syria, falling only due to the Lion's Curse

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

comedyblissoption posted:

keep in mind that the context of this statement is excludng hillary as an american president who wouldve probably tried to replay libya in syria, falling only due to the Lion's Curse

It still makes me laugh how Crooked Hillary's main thing she owned and pushed getting involved in Libya nation building ended up being such a failure.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

they tried to do the chemical weapons redline casus belli multiple times in trump's presidency and he didnt really bite and was like ok ill bomb some empty airfields or w/e and forget about it

other administrations may have played out much differently

Kurnugia
Sep 2, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Plutonis posted:

what was assads forums username again?

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
trump's half baked brain not being able to focus on any one project or theater at a time means the amount of damage he can actively do is pretty limited at least. too bad about all the other dumb poo poo he's done.

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

quote:

President Assad: American politicians are actually guilty until proven innocent, not the other way around

correct take

gh0stpinballa has issued a correction as of 20:36 on Nov 1, 2019

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

they tried to do the chemical weapons redline casus belli multiple times in trump's presidency and he didnt really bite and was like ok ill bomb some empty airfields or w/e and forget about it

other administrations may have played out much differently

the cruise missile strikes were great news for Raytheon stock

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I mean Trump was still able to try and coup Venezuela and it’s incompetence seems more like an organization failure than a Trump being Trump so I’m not entirely convinced

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 21 days!)

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

That's gonna make a lot of people loving blow a gasket

liberal hegemony depends on maintaining a cognitive dissonance where you can just assume that the United States is always a morally righteous actor on the world stage, and the main reason they hate Trump is because he breaks kayfabe

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

wasnt the trump state department chaos responsible for shitshows like denying visas for stateside medical care for the family of some venezuela general lol

i mean venezuela not turning into a military junta probably has more to do with the conditions created under the rule of chavez and maduro, but i imagine the trump administration being a cesspool of unreliable incompetence thinking that a mass heel turn of the venezuela military was imminent certainly didnt help the guaido situation

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

liberal hegemony depends on maintaining a cognitive dissonance where you can just assume that the United States is always a morally righteous actor on the world stage, and the main reason they hate Trump is because he breaks kayfabe

Part of being a dumb american means you have childlike gullibility and actually believe the message from Reagan's city on the hill speech.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
john dolan's "ritual king" idea of the american presidency continues to be accurate throughout the trump presidency

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

wasnt the trump state department chaos responsible for shitshows like denying visas for stateside medical care for the family of some venezuela general lol

i mean venezuela not turning into a military junta probably has more to do with the conditions created under the rule of chavez and maduro, but i imagine the trump administration being a cesspool of unreliable incompetence thinking that a mass heel turn of the venezuela military was imminent certainly didnt help the guaido situation

that’s speculated but we do know that why it failed for sure is that the department got sucked into backing someone who told them what they wanted to hear. Which is US foreign policy as gently caress

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010
yeah what Guaido told them was that he already had popular support and military support and just needed US support, and what was actually happening was that Guaido was hoping US support would give him the popular support and military support he did not in fact have yet

then the time came to pull the trigger and he ended up launching a coup attempt with like 60 people, several of whom had been brought there under false pretenses and immediately turned around and went back to their barracks when they found out what they had almost been roped into participating in. the rest of them stood around on a highway interchange with their thumbs up their asses for a few hours and that was pretty much it, that was the coup

Mister Bates has issued a correction as of 02:41 on Nov 2, 2019

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 21 days!)

Yeah Guiado tried to fake it till he made it. Like the Fyre Festival of coups.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

has there ever been a successful coup that involved "faking it until they made it"

valkyrie, the turkish coup, guiado....

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
pretty much every successful coup I can think of either had broad popular support or the support of the military, preferably both

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Raskolnikov38 posted:

has there ever been a successful coup that involved "faking it until they made it"

faking until you make gold medal would have to be the Bay of Pigs especially the basic premise behind the idea.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
There's some liberal nutjob in the WWE threads defending the honor and glory of Saudi Arabia from the monstrous faux-progressive orientalists

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

Plutonis posted:

I don't even begin to understand why I find this only on foxnews.com, msn.com (sorta pointing back to fox) and then sites I've never heard of before; must be a slow news day to just randomly quote a world leader's random utterances

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Tempora Mutantur posted:

I don't even begin to understand why I find this only on foxnews.com, msn.com (sorta pointing back to fox) and then sites I've never heard of before; must be a slow news day to just randomly quote a world leader's random utterances

lol

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1190207367671095301

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Raskolnikov38 posted:

I mean the Turkish coup was one pilot too nice to shoot down a potential civilian plane away from success.