Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

Qwertycoatl posted:

Day 1: Labour launch video much more popular than Tory's.
Day 2: Corbyn does launch event, announces policies. Boris booed in hospital.
Day 3: Farage knifes Boris

Looking good so far

What will days 4-44 hold.

Stay tuned for the next exciting episode of UK

Edit 10-10 is CB radio code for Transmission completed.

Tsietisin fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Nov 1, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Qwertycoatl posted:

Day 1: Labour launch video much more popular than Tory's.
Day 2: Corbyn does launch event, announces policies. Boris booed in hospital.
Day 3: Farage knifes Boris

Looking good so far

And the campaign hasn't technically started yet.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Guava, could you add the YouTube channel link in the section for Podcasting is Praxis, please? It has subtitles!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRY7j0BUJyVdy_8haE9awzw

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
kind of weird how you have to vote for pm boris again when you just did

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Kirby ate the yellow snow :(

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,
election time is but a window.

I'll be back

Starsnostars posted:

My Conservative MP won with a majority of over 16,000 in my constituency in 2017 so there will be no significant splitting of the vote by the Brexit Party. It's hard to get motivated about voting when your constituency is a foregone conclusion.
Similar here, something like 65% Tory with LD second, but that's why [enthusiastically, like an ad in Starship Troopers] I signed up to the Labour Party and Momentum to volunteer what I can from a distance (social media digging, video clipping, whatever), and went here https://www.mycampaignmap.com to find local places to campaign, for a chance at a better tomorrow! (this post paid for by foul social chauvanist Momentum thugs holding a baseball bat to my knees)

oh no :( the piss birds may fly at you, but don't eat them! they're not healthy! dodge them instead!

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

an_mutt posted:

I'm catching up on the thread and Kirby shitposting reminded me of one of my favourite tweets:

https://twitter.com/leyawn/status/1034148211785703429

Hmm... I hate this.

Almost as much I hate the United Kingdom conservative party.

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Staying abreast of the latest developments in jam communism

https://twitter.com/jeremycorbyn/status/1190313443561218049?s=20

:getin:

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

gently caress im up Jez

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Looking forward to everyone getting pumped up for what will end up as essentially a longer version of PMQs minus most of the posh braying noises.

Jez will make Jòris cry and the Guardian will adjudicate it a draw

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

"Corbyn booted Johnson to the floor, stamped on him and pissed into his mouth, but he got back up afterwards and begged for more. It's a draw."

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,
election time is but a window.

I'll be back
Looking forward to Johnson performing his greatest hits, like "Venezuela", "Get Brexit Done", "Mad Marxist", and "Please Stop Showing Me Pictures Of Ditches"

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I think the airtime will be good for labour regardless, our biggest strength is when people get to hear us unfiltered.

Poison Jam
Mar 29, 2009

Shh...
We're being watched.
Change :lewis: to say get in there jezza

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

quote:

Nigel Farage has “effectively handed” seats such as Hartlepool to Labour with his pledge to contest every seat and potentially split the leave vote in December’s election, the chairman of the town’s Conservative party has said.

Ray Martin-Wells said the two pro-Brexit parties would “take each other out” and relinquish a once in a generation chance to remove Labour MPs in their north-east heartland. The former councillor said he was “surprised and disappointed that [Farage] will effectively hand seats to Labour who clearly don’t want to support Brexit”.

He added: “I think if we had a clear run at it we’d have a strong chance – Boris is a straight-talker which goes down very well in Hartlepool – but if the Brexit party stand we will just take each other out.”

Oh no. What a terrible shame that would be. :lol:

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

always thank the rock hider
There should be a ditch in front of Boris' podium.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Surely the monkey hangers don't actually vote tory...

E: Yeah what the gently caress? The kippers came closer to beating labour than the tories did lol.

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Nov 1, 2019

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

Oh hey, I have an avatar. I browse with avatars off because ADHD and distractions ooh shiny, so I didn't notice at first. Was that you BobbyDeluxe, or did my dithering allow someone to steal a march? :D

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

Glad they've gone with someone other than the BBC, the chances of Labour getting a fair hearing there were nonexistent.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

jabby posted:

Glad they've gone with someone other than the BBC, the chances of Labour getting a fair hearing there were nonexistent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xm6GiHomqG4

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

jabby posted:

"PM Johnson, what would you say your best qualities are?" :allears:
"Corbyn, when will you resign?" :mad:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

OwlFancier posted:

Oh my god that's actually true, kirby is the perfect marxist.
This has helped me understand the Hegelian dialectic far more than any of Hegel's meandering rear end Wissenschaft.

Pesky Splinter posted:

"PM Johnson, what would you say your best qualities are?" :allears:
"Corbyn, when will you resign?" :mad:
And now, 50 questions about nuking the Arabs from a sentient ball of ham.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

Guavanaut posted:

And now, 50 questions about nuking the Arabs from a sentient ball of ham.

Wonder what the inevitable Big Gammon Moment will be about during this election.

Pesky Splinter fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Nov 1, 2019

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
Do you think Momentum might be able to train people on how to use Promote? None of us in our CLP can remember how to use it at all.

Ed: Promote is the official Labour Party system for local parties to get ads into Facebook.

Jaeluni Asjil fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Nov 1, 2019

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Pesky Splinter posted:

Wonder what the inevitable Big Gammon Moment will be about during this election.
Why won't you nuke Brussels to get a better deal, Jeremy?!

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Do you think Momentum might be able to train people on how to use Promote? None of us in our CLP can remember how to use it at all.

I've never even heard of it, so no idea, I'm afraid.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
i hope the guy with the stig avatar comes back, posts a very angry long paragraph about how we're all stupid commies, and then leaves again for another year or so

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Who will be Corbyn's BigotWoman?

What will be Joris' Chips Moment?

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Starsnostars posted:

My Conservative MP won with a majority of over 16,000 in my constituency in 2017 so there will be no significant splitting of the vote by the Brexit Party. It's hard to get motivated about voting when your constituency is a foregone conclusion.

A) Massive swings do happen. Labour gained nearly 10k extra votes in a constituency near me last election and I'm sure that was by no means the highest.
B) Campaigns can explode and at the last minute it could be discovered the Tory is a nonce or something.
C) There will be nearby marginals if you'd prefer to focus efforts here.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Angepain posted:

i hope the guy with the stig avatar comes back, posts a very angry long paragraph about how we're all stupid commies, and then leaves again for another year or so

Ah, the kapparomeo Pre-prepared Essay, which he posted within seconds of the labour party leadership election result

Yeah that was a good one

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Comrade Fakename posted:

I've never even heard of it, so no idea, I'm afraid.

Promote: It's the official Labour Party system for raising adverts in Facebook.

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Promote: It's the official Labour Party system for raising adverts in Facebook.

I think Momentum uses their own system. But I'll see if I can ask around, though maybe remind me on Monday.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

Ah, the kapparomeo Pre-prepared Essay, which he posted within seconds of the labour party leadership election result

Yeah that was a good one

I almost miss that prick, he's my designated SA bete noir

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Comrade Fakename posted:

I think Momentum uses their own system. But I'll see if I can ask around, though maybe remind me on Monday.

Thanks.

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
Should labour pull off a win in this election would Corbyn's agenda be hobbled by blairites?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

Yeah that was a good one

holy poo poo that was so loving good

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

mila kunis posted:

Should labour pull off a win in this election would Corbyn's agenda be hobbled by blairites?

I think if he wins the election the left is going to be much stronger than it has been hitherto and there's likely to be hell to pay if people don't get in line. Like labour actually wins a majority and you're still working against it? Not a good idea, I think. Though I still don't think he'll try any purges, but the party itself I think is likely to move further left over time as MPs are replaced.

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

You know, I think one of the motivations for BREX to contest every seat was that it allows more of them to get in on the grift. Nige still gets the lion's share, but it's a trickledown trough.

:mrapig:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Braggart posted:

You know, I think one of the motivations for BREX to contest every seat was that it allows more of them to get in on the grift. Nige still gets the lion's share, but it's a trickledown trough.

:mrapig:
Multi-Level Politics