Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."

something posted:

Honestly I'm down for lowering the stat jumps of all the sad zones - i'm similarly going to hit a hard-cap issue with stats and i'm trying to slow the rate the numbers grow anyways, in Sadistic.

You'll need to reset the numbers to zero at some point anyway, so a prestige system will become a necessity sooner or later. You could give prestige points that boost stats (again) or you could have a special long-term feature that gets slightly better with each prestige.

What I'm saying is that you need to have a civilization-building module. You start off with a village and every prestige point is one piece of wood. It'll be 2030 by the time people build their first cottage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andronian
Feb 17, 2012

I’m at a point in NGU around boss 55 or so and feeling like i need to start pushing forward in Adventure. I don’t feel like i’m making any good “idle” progress in it though, because equipment drops will fill my inventory within like 5 minutes, and babysitting merging and boosts is not my idea of fun. Any tips to push through this part?

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
The most pure look of delight
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
Have you grabbed extra inventory space yet with exp? The first 12 are real cheap now.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Andronian posted:

I’m at a point in NGU around boss 55 or so and feeling like i need to start pushing forward in Adventure. I don’t feel like i’m making any good “idle” progress in it though, because equipment drops will fill my inventory within like 5 minutes, and babysitting merging and boosts is not my idea of fun. Any tips to push through this part?

make sure you get at least one of item filters

in this case the filter is more like an auto-junker where you dont pick up the selected filtered items, so your inventory doesnt fill up as quickly

the exp shop filter does it by item category

the ap shop filter lets you use the item list to toggle individual items on or off

theres also an ap shop item that any boosts that you filter will instead automatically get sunk into the cube, which is a good stop gap until you can unlock autoboost

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Andronian posted:

Get the filter so you can turn off equipment or boosts you’re not working on at the moment

Learn the keyboard shortcuts for mass boost/merge(a+ or d+ left click the target)

Be okay with merging in once in a while while you semi idle

In a little while you can do the challenge to unlock auto merge

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Devor posted:

Get the filter so you can turn off equipment or boosts you’re not working on at the moment

Learn the keyboard shortcuts for mass boost/merge(a+ or d+ left click the target)

Be okay with merging in once in a while while you semi idle

In a little while you can do the challenge to unlock auto merge

auto merge is an exp shop item

auto boost is a challenge

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK posted:

auto merge is an exp shop item

auto boost is a challenge

Oh well then definitely auto-merge

With the filter, you can turn off accessories and boosts, and then auto-merge will cap out the items you have equipped while you leave NGU open but idle

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Arcanum updated (and bumped the version number about 550 times) and broke a lot of people's saves.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
How should I notify 4G I am a goon to claim the free newbie pack? Where in discord should I put it?

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
just toss me a pm on discord citing this post.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

the stars aligned and I maxed out looty mclootface, the red liquid, the pissed off key, the scrap of paper, and half of the jake set in the same day

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

something posted:

just toss me a pm on discord citing this post.

Thanks! Please keep making NGU!

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

The Fool posted:

the stars aligned and I maxed out looty mclootface, the red liquid, the pissed off key, the scrap of paper, and half of the jake set in the same day

Nice. That feeling of tangible progress being made after completing something you've been working on for what feels like forever is amazing. I maxed out the Typo set the other day and felt similarly awesome about it.

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy
Posting in this here thread for 4G :getin:

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Posting for the NGU 4G God

fappenmeister
Nov 19, 2004

My hand wields the might

I have spent way too much time staring at bars in NGU, but I can't get enough of staring at bars and numbers going up. PS please add me to the Discord something, just annoyed you on Discord earlier today.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
Anyone know how to change your name in NGU Idle? The name that appears over your character when fighting bosses.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
loving Mega Lands

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Sexual Aluminum posted:

Anyone know how to change your name in NGU Idle? The name that appears over your character when fighting bosses.

In steam it appears to come from your steam profile, I think Kart was the same way

loving Mega Lands

Wait until beardverse

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."

loving Mega Lands

There seems to be a difficulty spike starting with Mega Lands. Perhaps it's a good time to start running some challenges.

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

NGU Request: A button used in the Spend EXP menus that allowed you to set the to-purchase amount in the input field to a % of the current Base value. I tend to buy E/M/R3/Adventure_Stats mostly in 100% increments (with the exception of some rounding I do to prevent the number at the front of all the 0s getting too unwieldy) and it would sure be a QoL feature if it was just a little more snappy. Would be more than happy to spend AP for it.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Blattdorf posted:

There seems to be a difficulty spike starting with Mega Lands. Perhaps it's a good time to start running some challenges.

I have been. I also want to unlock beards before I concentrate on them further.

Mostly its minor griping, I've kind of been at the point where my stats are just about in the safe space to idle, but not quite there yet so I periodically keep dying.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
Hey something! NGU question - is AC Skater in the Rad-Lands supposed to not have a crown by the name? It's labeled BOSS and is in all caps but I wasn't sure if that was a ha-ha goof somehow or an uh-oh goof. Also you missed a perfect opportunity to make a 28 Day Slater joke.

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
it's a bug and fixed for the upcoming 1.002 patch. I made a normal mob have the boss tag and that boss mob a normal tag. oops.

Also, if you haven't seen it yet, my plans for 1.002 is mainly reworking the adventure screen to include - more art! Any adventure enemy without a "Fight Boss" style portraits has been given one, including ITOPOD enemies and Titans! (also thanks musluk for all the cool art!) Here's how it looks so far:

This uses the existing boss art, and also about 40 pieces of new art. There will also be another dump of sadistic-oriented upgrades (perks, quirks, wishes). This patch will come out some time before Nov 20.

After that, 1.003 will be the Exile feature and will come out just before or just after christmas holidays.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

It looks good, but your text alignment looks wonky between the player stats which are aligned left and the enemy stats which look aligned center(or at least have way more spacing than the player stats)

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

I haven't seen this one mentioned here, but Incremancer is kinda neat. It kind of stradles the line on being an idle game, at least for what I've played so far, but it looks like it becomes more of an idle game as the prestige options are bought. It's on Kongregate.

https://www.kongregate.com/games/JamesG466/incremancer

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug

Peachfart posted:

It looks good, but your text alignment looks wonky between the player stats which are aligned left and the enemy stats which look aligned center(or at least have way more spacing than the player stats)

it's like that already - i put a crown icon at the far left side to indicate a boss.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Randalor posted:

I haven't seen this one mentioned here, but Incremancer is kinda neat. It kind of stradles the line on being an idle game, at least for what I've played so far, but it looks like it becomes more of an idle game as the prestige options are bought. It's on Kongregate.

https://www.kongregate.com/games/JamesG466/incremancer

It's neat, but it's not actually required to prestige to get it to idle, it just makes the construction phase faster. I've never prestiged and have practically run out of constructions and upgrades already; the only point to prestiging that I can tell is to get a high score.

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Eat your hamburgers, Apollo.
Pillbug

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

It's neat, but it's not actually required to prestige to get it to idle, it just makes the construction phase faster. I've never prestiged and have practically run out of constructions and upgrades already; the only point to prestiging that I can tell is to get a high score.

While we're at it - https://incremancer.gti.nz/ is the actual game without Kong around it.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
NGU

Geting kinda done with having to put energy in advanced training every single rebirth. Like, it uses less than 1/million of my energy so there is no decision involved in where to put energy here, i will always BB adv training. Could we get this automated if we are in sadistic (or even Evil)

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Falcon2001 posted:

While we're at it - https://incremancer.gti.nz/ is the actual game without Kong around it.
This ain't so bad. What do you lose when you prestige, literally everything or do you keep anything? Either way I'm going to grind up to Time Warp spell cause that sounds great.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

DACK FAYDEN posted:

This ain't so bad. What do you lose when you prestige, literally everything or do you keep anything? Either way I'm going to grind up to Time Warp spell cause that sounds great.

You lose it all. You gain prestige points, so you had better have got a lot of them before you do it or else you'll end up having mostly the same spin up to where you were. Time Warp is indeed really great, especially paired with Energy Charge. Other good buys are Brain Rate, Blood Storage, and Small Investment. 5 levels of all 3 and Time Warp should help set you up alright if you want to try it out, but Small Investment is really nice for bones so you want as much of that as possible.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

You lose it all. You gain prestige points, so you had better have got a lot of them before you do it or else you'll end up having mostly the same spin up to where you were. Time Warp is indeed really great, especially paired with Energy Charge. Other good buys are Brain Rate, Blood Storage, and Small Investment. 5 levels of all 3 and Time Warp should help set you up alright if you want to try it out, but Small Investment is really nice for bones so you want as much of that as possible.
Yeah, Small Investment seems like actually huge numbers for the start of a new game (and also like it's going to be your main bone income for the first like 7ish waves, 200 is really big), so I guess I should hold out for a shitload of prestige points to not have this suck forever.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Yeah, Small Investment seems like actually huge numbers for the start of a new game (and also like it's going to be your main bone income for the first like 7ish waves, 200 is really big), so I guess I should hold out for a shitload of prestige points to not have this suck forever.

You can buy small investment as many times as you want, with about a 30% cost increase each time.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I booted Incremancer yesterday and fizzled out, there's not much you can do after getting the buildings and the Rune Infusions. There's a ridiculous Prestige option to lower the Energy to spawn a zombie but the rest is just "get more resoruce" or "get resource faster".

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

The biggest limiter on regular bone income is that you never have more than 1000 humans to kill on a map, and I'm not sure if detonated zombie bones count or not, so Small Investment actually is your best source of bone income for a long time unless you pump Bone Rate a lot (and it seems like it's more efficient to just pump Small Investment a lot). Like even level 9 of it is 1800 per wave, and you won't get half that from finishing level 45 normally. It speeds up construction a LOT and makes buying bone upgrades sensible.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

I like reading posts in this thread about idle games I've never played, because out of context they sound so incredibly bizarre.

Like this:

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

The biggest limiter on regular bone income is that you never have more than 1000 humans to kill on a map

Is just fantastic.

Also posting here so that I can message somethingggg for my newbie pack :mrgw:

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
In NGU is the boost transformation buggy? I can turn things into Toughness boosts fine but special or power just don't want to work. Or if they do it's very rarely.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Kin posted:

In NGU is the boost transformation buggy? I can turn things into Toughness boosts fine but special or power just don't want to work. Or if they do it's very rarely.

Manual transformation or auto?

For manual - you're holding down Q (or W or E) for Power, Toughness, and Special respectively and left-clicking the boost?

Do you have autohotkey or other stuff highjacking or adding keypresses?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

Devor posted:

Manual transformation or auto?

For manual - you're holding down Q (or W or E) for Power, Toughness, and Special respectively and left-clicking the boost?

Do you have autohotkey or other stuff highjacking or adding keypresses?

It's manual, but i did a bit of experimenting.

Turns out that holding down the key and kicking wasn't doing anything, but simultaneously pressing the key and clicking works 100% of the time. No idea why holding down and clicking was only working intermittently.

Holding down things like ctrl and click to put stuff in the trash works 100% of the time.