Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

I've occasionally been poking into the Eternal Weekend stream and uh

oko and narset mirror eh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Bust Rodd posted:

Veil of Summer is merely the best hoser ever printed, but I don’t think that makes it too good, when T3feri also exists in basically any blue deck anyway.

It's kind of impressive that they made a color hoser that's somehow better than the Elemental Blasts. Reprint Perish, I say, with the same art. Or print a Perish that also hits green planeswalkers, with the same art as Perish.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

He's a white male Magic player, so it's just a matter of time before he gets outted for harassing someone.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Star Man posted:

He's a white male Magic player, so it's just a matter of time before he gets outted for harassing someone.

It’s because his girlfriend, Ally Warfield, is a proplayer on Team Nova. Team Nova’s manager (?) was recently outed as an abuser. The team dropped him, and all of the team’s sponsors dropped the team. Jess Estephan quit the team, but Ally did not, because as far as she was concerned the abuser had been removed from the team and was no longer welcome. Now an extremely vocal contingency of MtG Twitter are dogging her and her boyfriend for “supporting abusers and not believing victims” by not quitting the team the abuser is no longer associated with. Warfield is also a survivor herself. The whole thing is peak histrionic infighting and it’s ruining my feeds.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Tubgoat posted:

I would like some help workshopping an analogy for "an unworkably dire situation brought about by a combination of insignificant factors." Only other one I can think of is AIDS. Anyone got anything not related to death or disease in any way?

has anyone said "your posts" yet

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

has anyone said "your posts" yet
Yes, literally every poster, if I'm reading it correctly.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Tubgoat posted:

I would like some help workshopping an analogy for "an unworkably dire situation brought about by a combination of insignificant factors." Only other one I can think of is AIDS. Anyone got anything not related to death or disease in any way?

I want to use Gone Missing and Pyxis of Pandemonium to exile your posting face down, so they can never be seen again.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Tubgoat posted:

"the straw that breaks the camel's back"

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Tubgoat posted:

Yes, literally every poster, if I'm reading it correctly.

Not me. I didn't say anything about your terrible posts yet.

Your posts are terrible.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

evilweasel posted:

"the straw that breaks the camel's back"
:doh: Thank you.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky

Tubgoat posted:

A reverse Trump tweet.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Tubgoat posted:

:doh: Thank you.

Also a less fraught death-related one would be "death by a thousand cuts"

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Bust Rodd posted:

It’s because his girlfriend, Ally Warfield, is a proplayer on Team Nova. Team Nova’s manager (?) was recently outed as an abuser. The team dropped him, and all of the team’s sponsors dropped the team. Jess Estephan quit the team, but Ally did not, because as far as she was concerned the abuser had been removed from the team and was no longer welcome. Now an extremely vocal contingency of MtG Twitter are dogging her and her boyfriend for “supporting abusers and not believing victims” by not quitting the team the abuser is no longer associated with. Warfield is also a survivor herself. The whole thing is peak histrionic infighting and it’s ruining my feeds.

I feel like I need some kind of a chart. I can never keep up with this crap.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Devor posted:

Also a less fraught death-related one would be "death by a thousand cuts"

Isn't that a terrible Kamigawa spell?

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Star Man posted:

to avoid any "say it ain't so joe" moments i just assume there are two kinds of magic pros:
the cheats and sex pests who get outed
and the cheats and sex pests who avoid getting caught

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

ItBreathes posted:

Isn't that a terrible Kamigawa spell?

Man this is a worse rate than that new Escape spell that escapes for 3B

Death of a Thousand Stings

I guess the gimmick is that you can use it to splice onto it repeatedly? but at 5 mana that's pretty tough - and not unconditional

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Devor posted:

Man this is a worse rate than that new Escape spell that escapes for 3B

Death of a Thousand Stings

I guess the gimmick is that you can use it to splice onto it repeatedly? but at 5 mana that's pretty tough - and not unconditional

You use it to pay for discard a card costs, like a terrible Squee.

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

Star Man posted:

You shouldnt.

Neither should anyone else

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

80s James Hetfield posted:

You shouldnt.

Neither should anyone else

I think it's important that sexual abusers and rapists are outed and prosecuted.

I think it's important to ignore any and all Magic community drama fallout as a result of that.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
Mtg twitter folks are people I am unfollowing more and more on the daily. Outing rapist/sex pest? Good! Threatening your friends with disowning them because they don't actively tweet with them about sex pests and rapist? Yikes!

Psully and Cedric might be the only folks I end up following at the end of this.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I almost unfollowed Sam Black and Kai Budde because they were tweeting about how much easier they like this standard format and all the interesting decisions they get to make.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Bust Rodd posted:

I almost unfollowed Sam Black and Kai Budde because they were tweeting about how much easier they like this standard format and all the interesting decisions they get to make.

Sam black directly benefits from a format where everyone plays the mirror as he gets to cut out of losing to the deck instead of the player more often.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Sickening posted:

Mtg twitter folks are people I am unfollowing more and more on the daily.

Might want to take the opportunity to unfollow this thread, while you're at it.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Pro Magic players prefer formats that they can metagame more easily. News at 11.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Toshimo posted:

Might want to take the opportunity to unfollow this thread, while you're at it.

"Can you try, even a little bit, not to be a giant douchebag whenever you post?" GonSmithe

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky

Star Man posted:

Pro Magic players prefer formats that they don't have to metagame. News at 11.

Fixed.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
wait i thought tubgoat was making an extremely lame The Killing Joke reference

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

A big flaming stink posted:

wait i thought tubgoat was making an extremely lame The Killing Joke reference
I haven't read/seen The Killing Joke. Is it worth reading/watching.

v v v Hmm.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
It’s an OK Batman story that feels kind of dated and is extremely couched in graphic sexual violence.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Tubgoat posted:

A clusterfuck? An unfortunate turn of events?

vegetables
Mar 10, 2012

Alan Moore actively apologised for writing the Killing Joke; like a lot of his stuff it ended up inspiring more of what he was trying to criticise in the first place

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

what even is Vintage anymore

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Elyv posted:

Its a two Mana spell that tutors up more Mana or a strip mine? Seems like a natural fit for a Mana denial deck.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Elyv posted:

oko and narset mirror eh

lol. tell me some jewelry got elked

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Elyv posted:

oko and narset mirror eh

Is...is that black lotus an elk?

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

AnEdgelord posted:

Is...is that black lotus an elk?

Yes, he elked his own lotus and attacked and killed the narset in the top right graveyard

I think eventually he elked the grafdigger's cages so he could oath again

E:

Good ol' Vintage staple Stonecoil Serpent

E2: The weird thing about golos shops to me is I feel like once you have 5 mana how much do you really need more mana, even in Shops

E3: The other guy is playing a Brazen Borrower, which definitely feels even weirder to me

Elyv fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Nov 1, 2019

Tulul
Oct 23, 2013

THAT SOUND WILL FOLLOW ME TO HELL.

Elyv posted:

It taps for three mana to let you cast your Golos faster, seems like a pretty good combo to me.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
to be fair stonecoil serpent seems like a genuinely good card

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

flatluigi posted:

to be fair stonecoil serpent seems like a genuinely good card

It was my infinitely reoccurring finisher in my Emry Brawl deck. “Oh you killed my 5/5, LOL it’s back and now it’s a 9/9”

https://twitter.com/zephymeg/status/1190337898853392384?s=21

This thread is blowing my mind

Bust Rodd fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Nov 2, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
I understand Pioneer has hosed with a lot of prices, but why is Talisman of Progress $6 now?