Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

I just found a great psychological/body/alien horror manga called Wakusei Closet (https://mangadex.org/title/23932) that looks like it just started getting updated again

Since it’s October I’m gonna recommend Wakusei Closet, the body horror is really strong. Be aware that the author has no qualms about killing off child characters. It’s like how Jojo is with dogs.

Not many pages I can show off without spoilers so have this horrible little bird thing

RatHat fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Oct 16, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.

RatHat posted:

Since it’s October I’m gonna recommend Wakusei Closet, the body horror is really strong. Be aware that the author has no qualms about killing off child characters. It’s like how Jojo is with dogs.

Not many pages I can show off without spoilers so have this horrible little bird thing

Thanks for posting this, I love it. Binge read the entire thing and now to play the waiting game.

It really reminds me of Yume Nikki

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Yeah about that waiting game. Apparently the next volume comes out in 6 months. Yeah...

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

RatHat posted:

That's perhaps the cutest alien monster in the series fyi

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.

RatHat posted:

Yeah about that waiting game. Apparently the next volume comes out in 6 months. Yeah...

:smith:

Not surprised though it still sucks. Good seinen stuff always have wonky release schedules

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

doll boy and cosplay girl dropped two new chapters

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Somebody give Ramlethal her cloak and bunny hat back.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
two new School Live! chapters dropped.

I think we are rapidly approaching the conclusion, here.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Yo To Your Eternity has activated its :krad: protocols

Yak of Wrath
Feb 24, 2011

Keeping It Together
Kay faces her most dangerous opponent yet in the latest The Violence Action

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Rody One Half posted:

Yo To Your Eternity has activated its :krad: protocols

Did it finally get past the boring city defense arc? I stopped reading because that one sucked.

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.

Yak of Wrath posted:

Kay faces her most dangerous opponent yet in the latest The Violence Action

I'd forgotten all about this manga. Kay's too adorable :3:

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

That Works posted:

Did it finally get past the boring city defense arc? I stopped reading because that one sucked.

We're still in that arc but it's past the endless, grinding siege battles part, poo poo has gotten the realest it has ever been

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Rody One Half posted:

We're still in that arc but it's past the endless, grinding siege battles part, poo poo has gotten the realest it has ever been

Ok cool. I was waiting for it to pick back up again before I started reading. Good to know. It was enjoyable up until that arc turned into a real slog.

Serge Painsbourg
Jul 26, 2016

A Shuumatsu no Valkyrie omake:

https://mangadex.org/chapter/734977

It should be Junichiro Koizumi

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Serge Painsbourg posted:

I can't believe it's popular enough for 2 omakes.

Jack the Ripper is doing great though.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Serge Painsbourg posted:

And now chapter 22 is out (low quality)

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Serge Painsbourg posted:

I knew all those series except the one the traitor scum belonged too. Couldn't help but also notice he had Sasaki's face towards the end.

I really think that Hercules is going to lose this, they keep hammering home that he's this immovable wall of Justice and willpower and it feels like the most logical outcome is for Jack to crack that mindset thoroughly. But at the same time I feel like if Jack does do that he'll meet a swift end himself to an enraged Hercules.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
If jack loses the manga is 'over'

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Hercules starting out as a mortal boy makes his allegiance to the gods even more troubling. It's one thing to fight for your father against the people you protected, it's another to have no ties to the Olympians before you joined their ranks and battled to end humanity. Granted, it's clear his heart isn't fully in it.

Now I'm wondering how Jack's backstory is going to contrast with Herc's. I'm guessing he was some kind of well-respected evil genius who followed one curious impulse too many, but it's perhaps too early to speculate.

Supersonic Shine fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Oct 27, 2019

Yak of Wrath
Feb 24, 2011

Keeping It Together
Adou is a cyberpunk with a promising initial two chapters, excellent worldbuilding environmental world building too

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

Yak of Wrath posted:

Adou is a cyberpunk with a promising initial two chapters, excellent worldbuilding environmental world building too

Oh hell yeah

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Hella mean of you to make me like a manga whose last chapter was translated 6 months ago.

Also, more Shuumatsu no Valkyrie. The conclusion of the flashback.

It seems clear that Hercules' death will be the end of any possibility of peace between gods and humans. Given that, it feels safe to say that Brynhild, while helping humanity is not an actual ally to humanity.

Hypocrisy fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Oct 28, 2019

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Yak of Wrath posted:

Two things I noticed: I would assume this artist was influenced by western art styules because right away his panels and composition felt more like a comic book despite the characters looking like they came from Akira. And when things kicked off they kicked off with a bang.

This was an aggressively good first chapter.

Hypocrisy posted:

Hella mean of you to make me like a manga whose last chapter was translated 6 months ago.

Also, more Shuumatsu no Valkyrie. The conclusion of the flashback.

It seems clear that Hercules' death will be the end of any possibility of peace between gods and humans. Given that, it feels safe to say that Brynhild, while helping humanity is not an actual ally to humanity.
going by the unanimous vote to destroy humanity in the one that started this tournament, to the 74% that happened in the 2000 B.C. vote i'd argue that the Gods already have overwhelmingly been against humanity from the start. Even with Adam winning they still are here to watch the end of all humans.

What's predictable is that Hercules' sense of justice did cause him to vote against humanity, but he'd previously negotiated that humans would not be harmed by the gods and that lasted for 4000 years but these votes happen at regular intervals. When did this become ok to him?

The bit about descending to Godhood is also an ominous line.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Brought To You By posted:

Two things I noticed: I would assume this artist was influenced by western art styules because right away his panels and composition felt more like a comic book despite the characters looking like they came from Akira. And when things kicked off they kicked off with a bang.

This was an aggressively good first chapter.

going by the unanimous vote to destroy humanity in the one that started this tournament, to the 74% that happened in the 2000 B.C. vote i'd argue that the Gods already have overwhelmingly been against humanity from the start. Even with Adam winning they still are here to watch the end of all humans.

What's predictable is that Hercules' sense of justice did cause him to vote against humanity, but he'd previously negotiated that humans would not be harmed by the gods and that lasted for 4000 years but these votes happen at regular intervals. When did this become ok to him?

The bit about descending to Godhood is also an ominous line.

I think Zeus' sentence is way more damning.
He literally says to Heracles:
"Leaving you on Earth might become difficult later"
That makes it pretty clear that Zeus fully expected to revisit Humanity's destruction at some point.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Saotome Senshu, Hitakakusu finally wrapped with a happy ending and that's cool but I felt like there was more to do. Maybe the creator had it cancelled from under him. Now I lack a tomboy sports romance manga, which is the real tragedy.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Sure feels like Umino Chica read my mind.

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011

Dawgstar posted:

Saotome Senshu, Hitakakusu finally wrapped with a happy ending and that's cool but I felt like there was more to do. Maybe the creator had it cancelled from under him. Now I lack a tomboy sports romance manga, which is the real tragedy.

Yeah I felt the same way about it, the end felt really rushed.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Vonnie posted:

Yeah I felt the same way about it, the end felt really rushed.

While I'm happy they avoided an extended "oh no here is somebody new will they break apart except no they won't" more it felt like Sae still had stuff to do on the boxing side. Oh, well. At least it didn't wear out its welcome, I guess.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Is 'Wave, Listen to me!' on hiatus or something?

Haven't seen any updates since May (Ch. 50). It had been pretty funny.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Dawgstar posted:

what about a muscular girl and tsundere boy romance manga

https://mangadex.org/title/40377/tonari-no-kinniku-joshi

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

That Works posted:

Is 'Wave, Listen to me!' on hiatus or something?

Haven't seen any updates since May (Ch. 50). It had been pretty funny.

I've seen raws around up to ep. 56 so it's just not being translated

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Came across another good delinquent manga, Yankee Juku e Iku. Pretty good story badass fights and a good mc

https://mangadex.org/title/38594/yankee-juku-e-iku/chapters/

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Captain Invictus posted:

what about a muscular girl and tsundere boy romance manga

Oh, that's fun, thank you.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

nerdz posted:

I've seen raws around up to ep. 56 so it's just not being translated

:smith:

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

e: doublepost.

Forums are being slow / odd today

That Works fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Nov 2, 2019

Serge Painsbourg
Jul 26, 2016

New Shuumatsu, heroes and evildoers.

That's a pretty creative use for the mythology there.

Oh, hey Bill. Didn't notice you there.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Serge Painsbourg posted:

Aww...Hercules' mortal friends still believe in him. I'm increasingly certain Hercules is going to lose though.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Serge Painsbourg posted:

There are so many good moments with Jack this chapter. Keeping with the idea that every match has a major theme connecting the two fighters, Jack being the inverse of Hercules is the right direction. Not being phased by a dislocated shoulder and being slammed into a wall at high force because it's what his art demands is unsettling and weirdly inspiring. Him being positively erect at being able to set up Herc for whatever disaster Jack has in mind has me eager to see what his deal is. Magic eye, must mean that Jack has killed because he delights on the twisting of the soul during the last moments of his victims. And the brighter the soul, the darker the distortion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Jack has been amazing, he really is the mirror to Heracles in so many ways.

Brought To You By posted:

There are so many good moments with Jack this chapter. Keeping with the idea that every match has a major theme connecting the two fighters, Jack being the inverse of Hercules is the right direction. Not being phased by a dislocated shoulder and being slammed into a wall at high force because it's what his art demands is unsettling and weirdly inspiring. Him being positively erect at being able to set up Herc for whatever disaster Jack has in mind has me eager to see what his deal is. Magic eye, must mean that Jack has killed because he delights on the twisting of the soul during the last moments of his victims. And the brighter the soul, the darker the distortion.

Makes sense yeah.