Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

Android Blues posted:

Of course Klara knows about Torgeir Lykke's slime ducts.

I like how p much all of his comics have, by necessity, a creature expert in them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

Synthbuttrange posted:

http://trixie.thecomicseries.com/comics/426

Klara's just as badass as Audrey. Maybe moreso.

I love the way she phrased that. The imperative isn't "don't resist or I'll kill you", it's "fight me."

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

This 'random' plan isn't truly random, and so isn't going to work. I think. They need to somehow seed the randomness after the staff is used.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
"Don't care if that's true. Shoot slime or die."

"Actually, I think I have a little bit of slime left after all!"

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
SPLORT!

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Bobulus posted:

This 'random' plan isn't truly random, and so isn't going to work. I think. They need to somehow seed the randomness after the staff is used.

Then again, the staff might predict how exactly it was seeded. Now we are getting into quantum theory. I think it might work, since there were probability fluctuations before. Remember that the ambassador kept repeatedly killing himself. And made statistics about how often Trixie won. Assuming that he did not change his simulated behaviour, there is some randomness involved.

But yes, technically, a human can't pick a note at random. Lyndon should quickly learn a nondeterministic random number generator spell.

Eeevil
Oct 28, 2010

Well obviously he didn't see it, or he'd be wearing a hardhat :colbert:
The good news is that if this fails, they'll probably know in advance(because of the shouting) and still have multiple plans to try to conceal in other ways.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Yeah, if they hear their current plan being discussed they can throw it out and draw a new one. That way it keeps things mixed up and maybe throw the ambassador off balance.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

The other major problem with this idea is that it relies on Lyndon coming up with multiple brilliant plans.

Lyndon.

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
Obviously they pick a random plan based on how many pins they knock down.

Obviously.

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

still waiting to see what's done with Chekov's yoga mats, bowling ball, pins, raggedy ann, frying pan, knives, pillow, and bucket

...we're going to see this play out all kinds of ways over and over again, aren't we

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Peanut Butler posted:

still waiting to see what's done with Chekov's yoga mats, bowling ball, pins, raggedy ann, frying pan, knives, pillow, and bucket

...we're going to see this play out all kinds of ways over and over again, aren't we

I hope they invent an elaborate Rube Goldberg trap that can kill anyone entering the room 50 different ways and which way is determined at random so you can't prepare.

Mr. Dick
Aug 9, 2019

by Cyrano4747
Dumb luck is going to knock the scepter out of the ambassador's hand. That or he's going to be so focused on Audrey/Lyndon queries that he overlooks Trixie stabbing him with that scimitar she just picked up.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
It's a hell of a lot creepier now that we know that the ambassador is casually creating and destroying an entire universe every time he wants a hint of what to do next. What a psycho lol.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Pistol_Pete posted:

What a psycho lol.

I think we established that when we discovered he was willing to kill himself over and over again for information.

While I don't think it will go this way, it would amuse me if the way to defeat the scepter would be to overload its user. If you had to use the Sceptre in rapid fire succession, it might be possible to become confused if you are in the prime reality.

Basically, I'd like to see the ambassador kill himself thinking he'd tell his prime self something, only for that to be the prime version.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Zoozo Zlen is the best.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
The solution is to shoot slime at the "rider" head to blind the smart part of the jooster (it doesn't have the capacity to hear or smell) and just leave the easily scared stupid animal part in charge.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Otherkinsey Scale posted:

Zoozo Zlen is the best.

Hey hey.

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost
They interrupted him as he was reading his "how to be a politician" books. Fucker's more president than any of us deserve.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

uh oh

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
That works too I guess.

EndOfTheWorld
Jul 22, 2004

I'm an excellent critic! I automatically know when someone's done a bad job. Before you ask, yes it's a mixed blessing.
Cybernetic Crumb
Looks like Torgeir Lykke is about to get Yoinked.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

EndOfTheWorld posted:

Looks like Torgeir Lykke is about to get Yoinked.

Or living beings don't count as weapons and nothing will happen.

Absum
May 28, 2013

I think Trixie is closer anyway, and she has a sword. So that'd get yoinked instead.

Classon Ave. Robot
Oct 7, 2019

by Athanatos

Libluini posted:

Or living beings don't count as weapons and nothing will happen.

How quickly we forget

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

I forgot/love how psyched Audrey was about being a human scarf.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

http://trixie.thecomicseries.com/comics/430

rip

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

loving ruthless, drat.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

BLONK

cool biRd pics
Aug 28, 2009

you will feel ashamed of your words & deeds
ilove you thorsby

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

http://trixie.thecomicseries.com/comics/431

oh no

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

That's a stupid plan

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Oh my god Thorsby is the best.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Switching plans randomly quicker than the ambassador can get updates from the sceptre :neckbeard:

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.
I wonder how the ambassador is killing himself so quickly in the simulated worlds. Cheap Divorce Snake in the pocket?

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Experiences the plan and dies to it. Simulated Audrey is amazed at how little resistance he puts up, then has a fleeting 'oh I'm being simulated' moment before going puff.

Also, I wonder how often the ambassador gets 'bleeding out semi-conscious several minutes after the event' and has to mulligan the sim.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
When I saw the new Rick and Morty, I thought they were readin a little Thorsby, but their death crystals aren't clever enough to create a simulation.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
The "fake heart attack" plan IS stupid, she's not wrong.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

That one must have been Lyndon's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
I can't believe lying about a contagious disease was worth warning about.