Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wes Warhammer
Oct 19, 2012

:sueme:

Lumpy the Cook posted:

It's funny that IW went of their way to build the campaign up as some kind of earnest, gritty look at how modern wars REALLY go down and it actually ended up being a lot more bizarre and outlandish in places than the game where you defend a Burger Town from Russian paratroopers and pull a knife out of your chest to throw it into a four-star general's eyeball

the only thing i remember about IW's story is them building up peter weller's character in trailers only for him to be some random dude you shoot out an airlock or some poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

the micro shotty that unlocked from playing the beta is so insane

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

HolePisser1982 posted:

the micro shotty that unlocked from playing the beta is so insane

I haven't messed with any of the blueprint stuff because i'm having fun grinding up the attachments but I'm gonna check that one out . Shotgun feel in this game in general is off the charts . Also if anyone wants to play some gun fighter duos my Activision name is mattnotgeorge

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Finished the campaign last night and I didn’t like it as much as if hoped. The missions mostly weren’t that fun except for the ones where you play as the SAS guy doing the night vision stuff, those were cool (especially that last open-ended one near the end) I liked Infinite Warfare’s campaign a lot more- getting to select little optional missions and choose which weapons and equipment you used was fun. The constant shifting between game segments and cutscenes was a lot more jarring than it was in IW, too- the pacing of it felt more like CoD WWII’s campaign than any previous Infinity Ward game and I definitely don’t care for that. I really miss the story in the older MW games just being told in loading screens and first-person gameplay segments and the way they’ve done it with cutscenes since Advanced Warfare is just kinda... bleh. At least you unlock the best MP character for beating it.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Gunsmith is nuts, you can make dumb poo poo on the level of MGSV

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

goferchan posted:

It’s easily one of my favorite parts of the game so far.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

goferchan posted:

That was my favorite part about MGSV. Hopefully this goes on sale for $30 in a few weeks like BLOPS4 did for us budget gamers.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
The spec ops mission i did got kind of stupid at the end lol. Respawning without ammo doesn't seem right cuz you just can't do anything unless you find an ammo crate, but maybe that's the point. i dunno it was fun anyway

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I was pretty stoked for Spec Ops after they said it would have more open missions for 4 players and let you use and level up your own guns, and... it kinda sucks actually. It feels like an alpha version of an ARMA mod or something. Makes me really miss the shorter and more tightly designed missions from MW2/3.

The multiplayer is still really REALLY fun at least, and that’s what really matters, but between the mostly-lackluster campaign and this mode the game is going 1 for 3 so far :/

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I’m enjoying the campaign so far. I think I’m about halfway through, maybe a little further, Hadir’s just defected and so far it doesn’t have any big iconic moments like other MW games but it’s solidly made and I’m having fun.

It is funny how obviously they’re chasing No Russian-style controversy though.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I'm adderallWarrior#6308002 if anyone wants to play.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

net cafe scandal posted:

I'm adderallWarrior#6308002 if anyone wants to play.

Lol

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

this game is toight

haris pilton
Sep 4, 2014
Is there another thread or is this SA's annual CoD thread?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

just played this like all day. shotguns ftw

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

when your dude shouts "CONTACT!" and you dont see poo poo

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

extremebuff posted:

when your dude shouts "CONTACT!" and you dont see poo poo

lol

infinite anime
May 25, 2019

by VideoGames
Bought it and realize I won't be able to play it for like six hours even tho I have the disc wtf

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

coop is the stupidest fuckin mode lmao

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

infinite anime posted:

Bought it and realize I won't be able to play it for like six hours even tho I have the disc wtf

Lmao welcome to the 2010s dude

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Also add me in activision when youre installed Hormel_Chili

infinite anime
May 25, 2019

by VideoGames

HORMELCHILI posted:

Also add me in activision when youre installed Hormel_Chili

why in the absolute gently caress is it asking me over and over agian for my postal code, real name, and phone number wtf lol

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

infinite anime posted:

why in the absolute gently caress is it asking me over and over agian for my postal code, real name, and phone number wtf lol

Do you not have a Call of Duty Account?

infinite anime
May 25, 2019

by VideoGames

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Do you not have a Call of Duty Account?

i do now mothert fucker.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

infinite anime posted:

lmao

infinite anime
May 25, 2019

by VideoGames
whatever loving website im on just in order to be able to play the call of duty game i some how found that the very same wbsite has a spongebob forum and the CSS style sheet or w/e the gently caress its called is broken and the title of the threads is the exact same color as the background and all in all its just a realy great read https://community.callofduty.com/t5/Sponge-Bob/bd-p/sponge-bob

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Oh my God, just... just imagine, imagine the audacity of someone not making a Call of Duty Account back when they rolled out the beta period circa Black Ops... Imagine not having an account with the Call of Duty XP membership throughout Modern Warfare 3 and Black Ops 2 cycles and experiencing the epic Ridley Scott interviews and Jason Bateman game show they had on their site... and still having the gall to call yourself a fan of this series... LMAO I couldn’t imagine.

infinite anime
May 25, 2019

by VideoGames

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Oh my God, just... just imagine, imagine the audacity of someone not making a Call of Duty Account back when they rolled out the beta period circa Black Ops... Imagine not having an account with the Call of Duty XP membership throughout Modern Warfare 3 and Black Ops 2 cycles and experiencing the epic Ridley Scott interviews and Jason Bateman game show they had on their site... and still having the gall to call yourself a fan of this series... LMAO I couldn’t imagine.

say that poo poo to me offsite bitch https://community.callofduty.com/t5/Sponge-Bob/gamers-who-like-spongebob/m-p/11223771#M376

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lmao

infinite anime
May 25, 2019

by VideoGames

infinite anime
May 25, 2019

by VideoGames

i actually really relate ot this guy lol

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

lmfao

infinite anime
May 25, 2019

by VideoGames
wtf you have ot have pLAYSATATION PLUS!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

infinite anime
May 25, 2019

by VideoGames
anyone know like any stupid poo poo u can redeem to get like a month free of the ps plus poo poo so i can see if i even like the game lol

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

You get a month for free if you've never subbed before. If you have already redeemed your free trial then I think you're out of luck.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

CC FUEGGOOO

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Kongming posted:

You get a month for free if you've never subbed before. If you have already redeemed your free trial then I think you're out of luck.

You can just make a new account on the same ps4 and it'll give you a month of + with no credit card or anything necessary .

infinite anime
May 25, 2019

by VideoGames

Kongming posted:

gently caress. apparnetly used it before lol--in conjunction to me buying a year pass last time like a retard

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

infinite anime posted:

gently caress. apparnetly used it before lol--in conjunction to me buying a year pass last time like a retard

Thank You Sony

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
Whatre the good guns