Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Watching that clip, I honestly forgot they somehow had Brock on speed dial. That whole segment is hilarious cuz you think Brock is gonna murder them and then the whole GOI shows up to fix the cacoon. It was a sweet moment.

Until ya know the moppets stab 24 cuz of the gatorade bath. ( I think)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

it's in the mighty hands of steel
Fun Shoe
Yeah, the Moppets had short fuses for their short tempers.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
My favorite Orpheus quote doesn't even have the stinger behind it, despite being from season two:
"What? I like digging. Can't a man carry a shovel in his own home without an inquisition?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

When I go to a shave ice stand or something like that I can't resist casting down my eyes and saying resignedly, "gr-r-r-rape"

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Shindragon posted:

Watching that clip, I honestly forgot they somehow had Brock on speed dial. That whole segment is hilarious cuz you think Brock is gonna murder them and then the whole GOI shows up to fix the cacoon. It was a sweet moment.

Until ya know the moppets stab 24 cuz of the gatorade bath. ( I think)

I think that was just a random henchman, 24's slightly taller and lankier than the rest.

Given the way arching works and that the Monarch's held the boys hostage on at least one occasion I imagine having a reliable line of communication is sensible. And one that the Monarch himself doesn't use because he'd probably end up using it for prank calls.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I think that was just a random henchman, 24's slightly taller and lankier than the rest.

No it wasn't, it was 24. He spends "Home Is Where the Hate Is" in the infirmary recovering from the stab wound.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

bull3964 posted:

No it wasn't, it was 24. He spends "Home Is Where the Hate Is" in the infirmary recovering from the stab wound.

What did we do? What did youuu do?

I can’t find that quote online and I probably botched it, but the turn from sounding guilty to blaming 21 is the best

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
lol loving 21 was such an rear end in a top hat that when he goes to check up on 24 to cheer him up he sends in Dean. hahahaha..

Just 24's I haaaaaaaaate you is perfect.

edit: You are just a bit off

24 says:

Wait a minute why they do want me? What did I do?

WHAT did you dooooo.

Another hilarious bit is when 24/21/Hank and Dean are being chased in the maze garden they hear a radar go off and are like.. is that.. Pacman? Then 24 is like oh the Monarch Radar and 21's sudden realization they have trackers in their uniform.

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Oct 28, 2019

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Shindragon posted:

lol loving 21 was such an rear end in a top hat that when he goes to check up on 24 to cheer him up he sends in Dean. hahahaha..

Just 24's I haaaaaaaaate you is perfect.

edit: You are just a bit off

24 says:

Wait a minute why they do want me? What did I do?

WHAT did you dooooo.

Another hilarious bit is when 24/21/Hank and Dean are being chased in the maze garden they hear a radar go off and are like.. is that.. Pacman? Then 24 is like oh the Monarch Radar and 21's sudden realization they have trackers in their uniform.

nawp nawp nawp nawp

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Fun Shoe
Even his dot was fat.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

Shindragon posted:

21's sudden realization they have trackers in their uniform.

Why doesn't anyone tell me these things!

That's actually one of my favorite running gags, they even did it when he was running Sphinx.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Monarch's henchman protocol is pretty drat terrible, but then again they did kidnap 21 by mistake so they probably just didn't bother to keep him up to speed.

The sphinx episode is great but goddamn did I feel so bad for 21. Him trying to make his own OSI group and it ends up being a bunch of former SPHINX guys.

edit: Im probably not the only one who hears Shoreleave says SPHINX when they type out SPHINX.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Fun Shoe

Shindragon posted:

Monarch's henchman protocol is pretty drat terrible, but then again they did kidnap 21 by mistake so they probably just didn't bother to keep him up to speed.

The sphinx episode is great but goddamn did I feel so bad for 21. Him trying to make his own OSI group and it ends up being a bunch of former SPHINX guys.

edit: Im probably not the only one who hears Shoreleave says SPHINX when they type out SPHINX.

Hunter looking at Shore Leave the one time he didn't say "SPHINX" was great, especially when Shore asked what they were looking at. I can't remember who was also there, maybe Brock?

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Scx-uM7mIfE

Yup Brock was with them. Also Pete White.

edit: LOL I didn't even notice Brock also joins in at staring at Shoreleave. (a spilt second frame but HAH)

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Oct 28, 2019

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Shindragon posted:

They really should have either had Gary run his version of SPHINX longer or had him return to the Monarch sooner, cause the arc for him between those two points really dragged things down while it was going

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

At least eventually all of the Monarch's henchmen besides 21 and 24 were openly suicidal and for 24 it was a dead-end job, makes sense that they aren't really regularly schooled on what their gear can do and don't much care. (Doesn't help that poorly thought out design is kinda the Monarch's thing, with the cocoon's doorways being specifically inconvenient for their wings)

24 turning out to have been raised as a henchman after a botched kidnapping seems like a late thing they came up with, but it explains SO MUCH.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Would be funny if it turns out that he's not a real henchman because they wanted to keep him off the books because of the kidnapping. So they never sent him to official guild training to get him acquainted with his gear. Someone at the guild does an audit and he has to go through entry level henchman training in order to stay in the guild.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Cojawfee posted:

Would be funny if it turns out that he's not a real henchman because they wanted to keep him off the books because of the kidnapping. So they never sent him to official guild training to get him acquainted with his gear. Someone at the guild does an audit and he has to go through entry level henchman training in order to stay in the guild.

He's not a henchman now, he's a sidekick. That would have been great early in S7 though

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

Ghost Leviathan posted:

24 turning out to have been raised as a henchman after a botched kidnapping seems like a late thing they came up with, but it explains SO MUCH.

It's not a late thing.

Season 1, Ep. 4 "Home Insecurity."

24: "You guys kidnapped me when I was 15."

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

*twitches*

Twenty One, though he's more like Number One.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
It happens I sometimes get them mixed myself.

The way I remember Gary's number is when they nicked named him Two Ton 21.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dwL8ESU97s

I love that season that Gary basically became Brock Samson with Monarch's henchmen.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Shindragon posted:

It happens I sometimes get them mixed myself.

The way I remember Gary's number is when they nicked named him Two Ton 21.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dwL8ESU97s

I love that season that Gary basically became Brock Samson with Monarch's henchmen.

That scene also has one of my favorite phrases, "car intentional".

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

Ugly In The Morning posted:

That scene also has one of my favorite phrases, "car intentional".

Ogo. Pogo. Is a loving plesiosaur.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

Taerkar posted:

*twitches*

Twenty One, though he's more like Number One.

Whoopsie.

In all fairness, I just think of him as Gary now.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

bull3964 posted:

Whoopsie.

In all fairness, I just think of him as Gary now.

Who the gently caress is gary?!

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

Mr. Nice! posted:

Who the gently caress is gary?!

Thank you. I am rarely able to tee up a series of posts like that.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
:v before that line it sucks how easily Hatered is fooled by the Moppets that 21 backstabbed him but he still cared when he shot that hovering cocoon down, like I'm mad at you but hopefully you escaped that flaming cocoon.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Wonder if Gary will still be going by Henchman 21 next season or will he finally get to be The Viceroy now that he's officially The Monarch's sidekick

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

drrockso20 posted:

Wonder if Gary will still be going by Henchman 21 next season or will he finally get to be The Viceroy now that he's officially The Monarch's sidekick

The monarch has been calling him his number 2 for a while. When he’s daydreaming about the handy dandy he starts to call him henchman 21 then corrects himself to say number 2.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Cojawfee posted:

He's been "Tenned." He ain't goin' through nothin'.

pablo gbscobar
Nov 24, 2007

oh shit i got the snype

:wom:
Lipstick Apathy
I'm interested to see what the Monarch's operation is going to look like next season now that he's got his mojo back and has a clear shot at arching Rusty again. Is he going to revert back to the old cocoon/henchman army model that we're used to or continue with the slimmed-down operation with Gary that he's been working with for the past couple of seasons?

Given the change in both his and the Ventures living situations it's going to be cool to see what his first big arch as a Lvl.10 is going to look like now that he can't just flood the compound with henchmen like back in the old days. Plus now that the secret's finally out about Rusty and Malcolms relationship to one another I'm expecting big things from their first big showdown in NYC

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

I expect that they’re going to explore what family really is. Hank/Dean falling out vs Rusty/Malcolm coming together. Malcolm was orphaned and Rusty never liked any of his family but he kind of likes Malcolm in a weird rivalry way that’s very different than JJ. There’s a lot to work with. And Councilwoman DMtM handling their family vs being partners in crime etc.

Hopefully they just go full on into the characters they’ve spent so long developing.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

I'm also kind of looking forward to the war between the Guild and the Peril Partnership. Villain vs. villain is always interesting.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Where the gently caress do you get off calling The Mighty Monarch "Malcolm?"

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Pretty sure it's "Malcom," too. I don't remember seeing (or hearing) two Ls.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I had to look it up because I didn't know who was being referred to and apparently can't ride out a whole post to figure it out from obvious context. I still spelled it wrong, with the wiki page open.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

BIG HEADLINE posted:

I'm also kind of looking forward to the war between the Guild and the Peril Partnership. Villain vs. villain is always interesting.

I think that stuff is going to be what ends up making Rusty and The Monarch be on a first-name basis like future rusty was in that one episode.

Their relationship is one of the best parts of the show. That scene where they’re talking in that torture chamber in S6 was fantastic.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Fun Shoe

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Pretty sure it's "Malcom," too. I don't remember seeing (or hearing) two Ls.

The standard spelling is "Malcolm." The L is silent. The second one, that is. At least, in American English.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Shindragon posted:

:v before that line it sucks how easily Hatered is fooled by the Moppets that 21 backstabbed him but he still cared when he shot that hovering cocoon down, like I'm mad at you but hopefully you escaped that flaming cocoon.

I think as a villain Hatred realises when he's escalated way too far. He's lucky all the witnesses died.

21 kinda became a mix of Brock and Hatred oddly enough; he still loses to Brock in a 1-on-1 but impresses him, and fights Hatred to a standstill later on. Does make sense, since Hatred is more of a leader and manager villain while the Monarch's henchmen are mostly just there to keep Brock busy and fill space. Does seem to be that every villain has their own style of doing things, and some take a while to find their groove- the Monarch actually seems better suited to more personal, dare we say intimate arching.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Fun Shoe

tarlibone posted:

The standard spelling is "Malcolm." The L is silent. The second one, that is. At least, in American English.

Listen, dipshit. It's not like there's not a video clip proving that "Malcom" is the right spelling. So, maybe check things out before you open our mouth?