Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

...Oh my God, I just realized that the secret agent theme of the Sobble line fits into Poke-Britain because they're like James Bond (and a billion other British spies from popular culture).

Unless Scorrbunny's final evo really manages to impress I think that secret agent lizard really is my man (or woman).

Sobble's number in the galar pokedex is 007 :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Khanstant posted:

If you're calling fake it's just wishful thinking and you know it, why set yourself up for that disappointment when you can just feel it now and get it out of the way?

Hard to be a Pokemon fan without feeling constant, eternal disappointment anyway.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
It also looks like there's about 350 at absolute max in the dex considering the Pseudo-Legendary was at 313.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Never mind I just went back and did the math. There's approximately 283 already confirmed for the galar dex. Only adding a handful more seems to contradict their previous messaging.

Flopsy fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Nov 2, 2019

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

The leaker just posted the confirmed Sobble evolution, and it's not what you think.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Scholtz posted:

The leaker just posted the confirmed Sobble evolution, and it's not what you think.

You absolute bastard. I didn't need that back in my life and yet you had to go and and do me like that.

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!

Scholtz posted:

Hi, I’d like a refund.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Ya know, Sobbles evo is kind of growing on me. It's just so goofy looking, I might take it and use the mustache fox as my fire type.

Is it fire? I was thinking something like Dark/Ground.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

it has like a campfire theming

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Johnny Joestar posted:

it has like a campfire theming

I'm torn between it being excellent for coverage and the possibility of making a team of foxes one day and wanting more variety. Ah well.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Everybody who wants to get out of the Sobble Squad is disappointed that their precious bubble-blowing child grows up to be a martini-sipping sociopath.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

the sobble final evo rules and it prob has some weird gimmick going on in terms of its personality

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Glad the starters have gone with a TF2 theme at last.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Sobble's the Spy, Grookey's the Heavy, and Scorbunny's gonna be the Scout.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Supersonic Shine posted:

Everybody who wants to get out of the Sobble Squad is disappointed that their precious bubble-blowing child grows up to be a martini-sipping sociopath.

Sobble can only be an improvement upon the original. It really is a bummer to read the early James Bond books and realize what a massive shitheel he was.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Sobble shocked me at first but even if that's the evo, I'm 100% sure it will look much better in motion, with a lot more personality.

Really I think I was shocked because my mind immediately associated it with Salazzle (who I like, but) then I imagined it doing Salazzle's animations, yikes.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Final Sobble, Grooky and That Imp next to the Meowth look fake to me. There are just weird little details about it that don't line up to me.

I think they look fine, I just don't think they are real.

I like the Fox though.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

MonsterEnvy posted:

Final Sobble, Grooky and That Imp next to the Meowth look fake to me. There are just weird little details about it that don't line up to me.

I think they look fine, I just don't think they are real.

I like the Fox though.

Oddly final grooky looks off due to the lack of detailing on his leaf hair to me. But I hope he's real just because I really dig the final Sobble evo.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
I cannot wait for the groans of disappointment Scorbunny's final evo will cause, especially since it's going to be purely Fighting-type. It's still my favorite starter, though.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

oh my goooooooooood the meowth yessssssss

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

grooky is dope too

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Welp, somebody got the guidebook and is posting screenshots. Twitter thread includes some gigantomax forms and final starter evos(yes, the leaked ones were real) so far

https://twitter.com/The_Devious/status/1189364325485428736?s=20

So far we've got gigantomax Kingler, Machamp, possibly Malamar? and final evos typing looks like they're all mono type like Gen 2. Only unconfirmed one is Intellion but seems highly likely since it only has a few weaknesses listed.

From the final leaks it looks like all of it................ were real and none of it................. were fake.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Nov 2, 2019

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Supersonic Shine posted:

I cannot wait for the groans of disappointment Scorbunny's final evo will cause, especially since it's going to be purely Fighting-type. It's still my favorite starter, though.

It's loving evil leaving us hanging like that I gotta say. I very badly want to know where bunny boy is heading.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

real or fake, I like a lot of the lil guys. especially the elec/poison/ gremlin and meowth. no updated gen2 guys yet.

it makes me wonder whether they have creature designs in mind and work out the ingame details from there, or if they see a unique typing that hasn’t been done and work around that.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Gigantimax Kingler is horrifying

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Zore posted:

Gigantimax Kingler is horrifying

Machamp too. They're really leaning in to the kaiju origins with those things

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

Why would you crop it like this :argh:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Hm at monotype starters, rest of the gigantamax reveals... i feel like a random 4chan post got them right?

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

that linked twitter seems to confirm that scorbunny stays mono-fire

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Twitter is being a butt to me right now and not letting me open the drat page.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
Also Garbodor might get a Gigantimax form which is kinda cool

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
^^^^ I was trying not to post the picture tweets because people in this thread want to choose to be spoiled....

Procrastine posted:

Why would you crop it like this :argh:

The leaker said they don't want to leak Scorbunny.

Looks we got gigantomax Garbrodor. So yes, non-Gen 1/8 mons are getting gigantomax. They just haven't shown any for some reason...

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Johnny Joestar posted:

that linked twitter seems to confirm that scorbunny stays mono-fire

It makes sense if you consider it from a standpoint of them saying "how do we get those people who played let's go to feel comfortable playing the actual game"

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Hm at monotype starters, rest of the gigantamax reveals... i feel like a random 4chan post got them right?

I think there was a shot in one of the trailers with a carpet featuring a bunch of gen 1 pokemon, most of which had gigas confirmed and people were going off that. I remember machamp was there.

Flopsy posted:

Twitter is being a butt to me right now and not letting me open the drat page.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Garbodor gets a gigantamax and looks dope as hell

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

RatHat posted:

The leaker said they don't want to leak Scorbunny.

why are leakers always like this

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

RatHat posted:

Looks we got gigantomax Garbrodor.

RatHat posted:

So far we've got gigantomax Kingler,

oh my god my feelings

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

There also seems to be Gigantomax Malamar?

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Garbodor gets a gigantamax and looks dope as hell

it's literally hedorah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Funky Valentine posted:

There also seems to be Gigantomax Malamar?

Yeah there's no name or picture yet but I don't see what else that could be.