Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Imagine four chickens on the edge of a road. Say a direct copy of the chicken nearest the road is sent to the back of the line of chickens and takes the place of the first chicken. The formerly first chicken becomes the second, the second becomes the third, and the fourth walks across the road.

Jokes work the same way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

the point of the joke is the punchline is anticlimactic and disappointing.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Shifty Nipples posted:

Much like a chicken's existence

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

Hardcordion posted:

So you know the joke "Why did the chicken cross the road?" That extremely well known joke that we've all been hearing since we could understand what a joke is? The punchline isn't just about the simple motivations driving a chicken to do what it does. The other side is the afterlife, because the chicken gets run over.

This joke is because chickens really like hanging out in the road. I figured that out after I move to a farming village where most of my neighbors have chickens and most of the chickens are constantly in the loving road

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Shifty Nipples posted:

Haha

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

There, now I can tell when you're posting.

-- A friend :)

christmas boots posted:

Much like existence

ftfy

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

“Look into the eyes of a chicken and you will see real stupidity. It is a kind of bottomless stupidity, a fiendish stupidity. They are the most horrifying, cannibalistic and nightmarish creatures in the world.”
¯ Werner Herzog

but with humans this time

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

Shifty Nipples posted:

anticlimactic and disappointing.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

christmas boots posted:

“Look into the eyes of a chicken and you will see real stupidity. It is a kind of bottomless stupidity, a fiendish stupidity. They are the most horrifying, cannibalistic and nightmarish creatures in the world.”
¯ Werner Herzog

but with humans this time

Checks out

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

It was a great episode of TOS tho.

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

Thanks for not leaving me disappointed.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Shifty Nipples posted:

Thanks for not leaving me disappointed.

Hipster_Doofus
Dec 20, 2003

Lovin' every minute of it.

Hardcordion posted:

So you know the joke "Why did the chicken cross the road?" That extremely well known joke that we've all been hearing since we could understand what a joke is? The punchline isn't just about the simple motivations driving a chicken to do what it does. The other side is the afterlife, because the chicken gets run over.

I find this p damned :aaaaa: and I don't care what the actual and unknowable historical origin is, this reading of it is canon for me now and I will be re-telling this joke so that when they say "um yeah to get to the other side, duh" it'll an opportunity to blow their minds too.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
I don't really have anywhere else to put this, but I found a site of random Japanese folklore monsters, and I found that the idea of goatse predates the SA forums by several hundred years.

https://hyakumonogatari.com/2012/08/19/shirime-eyeball-butt/

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

christmas boots posted:

That doesn't sound right. There's a finite amount of chicken souls and they just get recycled into new chickens so there's no afterlife for them to go to. I consider this myth: BUSTED

If there's a finite number of souls, wouldn't sacrificing chickens lower the number of possible chickens for all time? Do we need to ban voodoo?

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Beachcomber posted:

If there's a finite number of souls, wouldn't sacrificing chickens lower the number of possible chickens for all time? Do we need to ban voodoo?

We need to build a mako reactor and harness all the chicken souls rejoining the lifestream

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Samovar posted:

For ages I always confused the Swedish 'vill' as the equivalent to English 'will' - it actually means 'want'. But it wasn't until recently that I realised 'will' must have meant 'want' in ye olden days, as in 'Make this happen, it is my will'.

Just want to tag up on this and say that this is why we still have things called Last Will and Testaments. As in, "The last thing that I will (want) is that my house goes to my wife, also this is the last time I'm gonna get a chance to say something so Peter, I never liked your wives."

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

There is a popular children's show called Paw Patrol.

There is not a popular children's show called Papa Troll.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Nostradingus posted:

There is a popular children's show called Paw Patrol.

There is not a popular children's show called Papa Troll.

If it helps, you're not alone on that one.

Not me of course. I would never make such a foolish mistake, but other people have.

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

Arise Chicken

Chicken arise

Hipster_Doofus
Dec 20, 2003

CloFan posted:

Arise Chicken

Chicken arise

Ok I googled this and you're gonna have to explain this one for us :corsair:s.

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007
I'm bored and just randomly looking at stuff on Google Earth. It turns out the Walls of Benin aren't in the country of Benin, but rather in Benin City, which is in Nigeria.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Jenny Nicholson and Lindsay Ellis are not the same girl on YouTube who talks about nerd stuff.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Beachcomber posted:

Jenny Nicholson and Lindsay Ellis are not the same girl on YouTube who talks about nerd stuff.

Jenny wants to gently caress a porg and lindsay wants to gently caress starscream, very easy to tell apart.

Also only one of them kicked out the back window of a cop car.

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe

Baronjutter posted:

Also only one of them kicked out the back window of a cop car.

wait what

One Swell Foop
Aug 5, 2010

I'm afraid we have no time for codes and manners.

LawfulWaffle posted:

Just want to tag up on this and say that this is why we still have things called Last Will and Testaments. As in, "The last thing that I will (want) is that my house goes to my wife, also this is the last time I'm gonna get a chance to say something so Peter, I never liked your wives."

There also used to be an antonym 'nill' - to not want something - which is where the phrase 'willy-nilly' comes from (will ye or nill ye - something that happens whether you want it or not).

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

Hipster_Doofus posted:

Ok I googled this and you're gonna have to explain this one for us :corsair:s.

I feel like it has something to do with Invader Zim but those times are a blur now.

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.
It’s from Aqua Teen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdPU4W6sRHM

Hipster_Doofus
Dec 20, 2003

This only befuddles me further.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

Hipster_Doofus posted:

This only befuddles me further.

Yeah, I read the original post in Billywitchdoctor.com's voice and I still don't get it.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Pneub posted:

Yeah, I read the original post in Billywitchdoctor.com's voice and I still don't get it.

Chicken and rice?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Beachcomber posted:

If this is true then I guess some mad scientist/vodun priest is gathering all the bee souls in the world so they can unleash the MEGA BEE

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

The chicken died crossing the road

Billywitchdoctor.com specializes in raising dead chickens

His chant was

Rise chicken. Chicken arise

I think that's the entire joke and y'all are over thinking it

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

why did the chicken cross the river styx?

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

Ego-bot posted:

I'm bored and just randomly looking at stuff on Google Earth. It turns out the Walls of Benin aren't in the country of Benin, but rather in Benin City, which is in Nigeria.

they were both part of the territory of the pre-colonial Kingdom of Benin, but colonialism hosed a lot of poo poo up

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Len posted:

The chicken died crossing the road

Billywitchdoctor.com specializes in raising dead chickens

His chant was

Rise chicken. Chicken arise

I think that's the entire joke and y'all are over thinking it

I like to imagine Billy bought a franchise and there's a lot of people going around advertising like alisonwitchdoctor.com and stuff

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

purple death ray posted:

I like to imagine Billy bought a franchise and there's a lot of people going around advertising like alisonwitchdoctor.com and stuff

But would that still fit in with "one convenient location, in Africa"?

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MWm_Qyws18

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
I just discovered I can still get 8 hours of sleep tonight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
Recent musical revelations, courtesy of Pandora:

That one really catchy '80s dance song I like that I've heard throughout the years and assumed was by INXS or someone is actually True Faith by New Order. In my defense, it really does sound more like INXS or someone than the band who made Blue Monday.

Ian Curtis did not have a solo career as a folk musician in addition to being in Joy Division. I was combining him with a completely different musician who died in a completely different decade—Elliott Smith. Yes, I know they sound nothing alike, but I'd never knowingly heard an Elliott Smith song before tonight, and I was never into Joy Division enough to know Ian Curtis didn't have any solo albums.