Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Arcsquad12 posted:

I appreciate your username.

I looked at it when you said it and yep, awesome username!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Ahhhh yes the Autoloot mod + disabling weight limit owns

really cuts out a lot of useless loving around

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Do folks really have weight limit issues? I use autoloot and pick up even all the swords and poo poo people drop, and I never have problems with weight. I make fairly routine stops to repair and sell and things work out just fine.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Look Sir Droids posted:

https://twitter.com/witchernetflix/status/1189935057705693185

Each new trailer has made me feel better about the show. Cavill's Geralt voice seems to be inconsistent though.

Was that a Geralt bath reference to the actual game?

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

etalian posted:

Was that a Geralt bath reference to the actual game?

He was definitly sitting in a bath. I'm guessing this is the bath he's in prior to the dinner with Calanthe. God i can't wait to see that and the Blaviken poo poo on TV. Cavill sounds a bit like Cockle and a bit like an Englishman. It's gonna be radical. I can't wait. I'm very excited.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I had the misfortune of clicking on a link that looked too familiar to a different website and ended up being some dumb rag about how people are "outraged" that the show will be focusing more on Ciri and Yen and that Geralt won't really be the main protagonist. When the article claimed that the books were about Geralt's adventures I knew I'd taken a wrong turn because they had clearly never read the books. The main books were always about Ciri first and foremost, with Geralt being more of a supporting character. Besides all that, the books also go off on wild tangents to random characters all the time to help flesh out the world and contextualize the greater world beyond "Geralt wanders around moping" and "Ciri kills a lot of people."

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.

chaosapiant posted:

Do folks really have weight limit issues? I use autoloot and pick up even all the swords and poo poo people drop, and I never have problems with weight. I make fairly routine stops to repair and sell and things work out just fine.

Well that's why you never had weight limit issues.

I had issues in the sense that I would hit the limit and feel the need to go out of my way to sell some poo poo off. I never found it all that annoying though. It would just require diversion from what I was planning on doing next once every 2-3 hours of gameplay.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Look Sir Droids posted:

Well that's why you never had weight limit issues.

I had issues in the sense that I would hit the limit and feel the need to go out of my way to sell some poo poo off. I never found it all that annoying though. It would just require diversion from what I was planning on doing next once every 2-3 hours of gameplay.

I sort-of get it, it's just neat to see the "issues" that mods fix that I'd never noticed as annoying until folks said they were. Like the no fall damage and no slowing down in knee deep water mods. I didn't fall enough (and if I did I learned to roll) to ever take damage and I never had an issue with Geralt slowing down in water. That said, I am using autoloot mod and that makes things nice and easy already, but if the Witcher 3 had no mods at all, I'd still rate it as a relatively perfect game and I have no complaints about it having 500 hours in it now.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Yeah it's not stuff that needs to be fixed but it's... nice.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

Right. None of this stuff seems worth modding to me. It just wasn't a big deal. The only things I'd like to mod are things that will alter and improve how I approach the game. Like the mod that takes away the mini-map so I'm enjoying the world more.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Look Sir Droids posted:

Right. None of this stuff seems worth modding to me. It just wasn't a big deal. The only things I'd like to mod are things that will alter and improve how I approach the game. Like the mod that takes away the mini-map so I'm enjoying the world more.

Yea, I have that mod installed as well, and it's awesome. There's a similar mod for Witcher 2 that hides the interface unless you're hurt or in the "pause/signs" menu. It's great to have it just be Geralt and the world and the games work very well in that regard.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Call me a dummy but before now I was always a little confused as to why Roche flips poo poo at Ves when she goes off to ambush the Nilfgaardians. I thought he was just angry because he was protective of her and she was being a petulant rear end in a top hat for disobeying orders.

I can't believe I never connected the dots that Ves nearly torpedoed the Temerian sovereignty negotiations Roche and Thaler had arranged with Nilfgaard. That's a good reason to be pissed off.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
That quest annoyed me because her outfit design is just so flagrantly pandering, and then Roche yells at her about it and her response is "you're not my dad"? It made her just so stupid and immature, and was such a flimsy fake justification for her design. It's still juvenile pandering even if you have your characters complain about it!

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Mzbundifund posted:

That quest annoyed me because her outfit design is just so flagrantly pandering, and then Roche yells at her about it and her response is "you're not my dad"? It made her just so stupid and immature, and was such a flimsy fake justification for her design. It's still juvenile pandering even if you have your characters complain about it!

The best thing in Witcher 2 was when Geralt gets drunk with Ves and ends up with the that embarrassing/amazing tattoo.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
It is a shame that Ves feels like she took a step back from where she was in Witcher 2. In that game she was trying to prove herself among the Blue Stripes and she was certainly capable of fighting as well as spying. In Witcher 3 she feels like a petulant teenager that Roche has to babysit.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

The real Witche 2 dilemma was if Ioverth or Roche is the better Bro pick?

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

etalian posted:

The real Witche 2 dilemma was if Ioverth or Roche is the better Bro pick?

I haven't played through Witcher 2 but I think the thread consensus is that BRoche is the better pick - but if you enjoy the game, it's worth saving before the decision so you can play through each fork.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
It's Iorveth. Hanging around genocidal paramilitarists is bad and getting the Temerian equivalent of a deaths head tattoo is worse.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Fact of the matter is Roche is your Broche no matter which path you pick.

Roche has a better Act 3 while Iorveth's Act 2 has Sheldon Skaggs ranting about a gently caress-Date and Triss ruining Happy Troll Family and Danfelion's Adventures with Succubi. And Lesbomancy, Prince Penis and anything Yarpen Zigrin says.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Nov 1, 2019

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Its Broache all the way.

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

It's Iorveth. Hanging around genocidal paramilitarists is bad and getting the Temerian equivalent of a deaths head tattoo is worse.
Source your quotes.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

You’re pathetic, with your little stolen sacks of seeds on pack horses, with your handful of grain, that tiny crumb thanks to which you plan to survive. And with that mission of yours which is supposed to turn your thoughts from imminent annihilation. Because you know this is the end. Nothing will sprout or yield crops on the plateaux, nothing will save you now. But you live long, and you will live very long in arrogant isolation, fewer and fewer of you, growing weaker and weaker, more and more bitter. And you know what’ll happen then, Filavandrel. You know that desperate young men with the eyes of hundred-year-old men and withered, barren and sick girls like Toruviel will lead those who can still hold a sword and bow in their hands, down into the valleys. You’ll come down into the blossoming valleys to meet death, wanting to die honourably, in battle, and not in sick beds of misery, where anaemia, tuberculosis and scurvy will send you. Then, long-living Aen Seidhe, you’ll remember me. You’ll remember that I pitied you. And you’ll understand that I was right.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

GrossMurpel posted:

You’re pathetic, with your little stolen sacks of seeds on pack horses, with your handful of grain, that tiny crumb thanks to which you plan to survive. And with that mission of yours which is supposed to turn your thoughts from imminent annihilation. Because you know this is the end. Nothing will sprout or yield crops on the plateaux, nothing will save you now. But you live long, and you will live very long in arrogant isolation, fewer and fewer of you, growing weaker and weaker, more and more bitter. And you know what’ll happen then, Filavandrel. You know that desperate young men with the eyes of hundred-year-old men and withered, barren and sick girls like Toruviel will lead those who can still hold a sword and bow in their hands, down into the valleys. You’ll come down into the blossoming valleys to meet death, wanting to die honourably, in battle, and not in sick beds of misery, where anaemia, tuberculosis and scurvy will send you. Then, long-living Aen Seidhe, you’ll remember me. You’ll remember that I pitied you. And you’ll understand that I was right.

I love that moment when Geralt puts lovely arrogant elves in their place. The quoted passage and "Dear Friend" bits are some of my favorite writing from the books.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Iorveth gets points since he's better at breaking balls.

Roche is basically a medieval land cop.

RedSnapper
Nov 22, 2016

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Hanging around genocidal paramilitarists is bad

Why chose Iorveth then?

"King or beggar - one d'hoine less!"

D'hoine, for the record, has roughly the same meaning as the Gamer Word.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

RedSnapper posted:

Cracker, for the record, has roughly the same meaning as the Gamer Word.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

chaosapiant posted:

I love that moment when Geralt puts lovely arrogant elves in their place. The quoted passage and "Dear Friend" bits are some of my favorite writing from the books.

My favorite part of the dialog in all the books is the constant sarcasm.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

chaosapiant posted:

Geralt/Dandelion roasting smug elves is the best part of the books.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
A little elf was skipping down the path!

PLOUGH 'EM ALL PLOUGH 'EM ALL!

Along came a dwarf who kicked him in the rear end!

Now you are hosed, dirty rotten scum!

So do that again and I'll gently caress your mum!

PLOOOUUUGH THEEEM AAALL!

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

etalian posted:

And the very next scene Dandelion is all “zomg Geralt that was totes worth it so I could get this fine rear end Lute!”

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

etalian posted:

And the very next scene Dandelion is all “zomg Geralt that was totes worth it so I could get this fine rear end Lute!”

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Arcsquad12 posted:

Fact of the matter is Roche is your Broche no matter which path you pick.

Roche has a better Act 3 while Iorveth's Act 2 has Sheldon Skaggs ranting about a gently caress-Date and Triss ruining Happy Troll Family and Danfelion's Adventures with Succubi. And Lesbomancy, Prince Penis and anything Yarpen Zigrin says.

Dandelion happily sprinting up to the Succubi sex hangout room was pretty hilarious.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

etalian posted:

Edit: stupid drat phone froze up posting this and now there’s three of them. Three! What am I supposed to do!

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

etalian posted:

Dandelion happily sprinting up to the Succubi sex hangout room was pretty hilarious.

loving idiot actually went in!

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

etalian posted:

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

I have 5 gwent cards to get to complete the book for the trophy, ugh.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Presenting Nipples posted:

I have 5 gwent cards to get to complete the book for the trophy, ugh.

Did you get the cards from Triss's quest at the Vegelbud estate? Those ones are the easiest to miss

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

Arcsquad12 posted:

Did you get the cards from Triss's quest at the Vegelbud estate? Those ones are the easiest to miss

Yeah, I got all the quest ones. According to the book they are 5 from vendors of no particular renown.

I think I just have to go around I find vendors I missed. I play gwent at every opportunity.

It is just a slog.

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

Arcsquad12 posted:

Yeah, I got all the quest ones. According to the book they are 5 from vendors of no particular renown.

I think I just have to go around I find vendors I missed. I play gwent at every opportunity.

It is just a slog.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011
http://gwent-cards.com/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

I’m pretty sure I locked myself out of completing my deck because an innkeeper in Novigrad died in a quest before I thought to play him.