Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

There's even a bit where Rean closes his eyes and remembers Crow's Greatest Friendship Moment Hits:

'lend me some money, kid'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azathoth256
Mar 30, 2010
Crow taught him that the true power of friendship is scamming your friends.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Did I forget about Rean meeting Estelle and Joshua? I'm doing a quest and he's going 'hmm could the person Tita's talking about be......?' but I don't remember it ever happening. Is this just a player tease?

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Stelas posted:

Did I forget about Rean meeting Estelle and Joshua? I'm doing a quest and he's going 'hmm could the person Tita's talking about be......?' but I don't remember it ever happening. Is this just a player tease?

I mean, he's probably had fair access to Intelligence Division records for his missions, and Joshua... and Renne, for that matter, at least would probably have a notable file in it along with mentioning associates.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009
I wonder what Freddie's ultimate food creation does? Its description is the same as his 4th, so it's probably a mistake.

Azathoth256
Mar 30, 2010
It's Freddie. Do you really want to know?

Death Priest
Jun 24, 2004
I want to know why Freddy looks so stylistically different.

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.
I don't know what everyone was talking about, but Aurelia owns:

"Principal Le Guin, I didn't know you needed glasses."

"Well, you see, my vision is actually too good so I wear these to block out all the irrelevant small details my superior eyesight provides me with!"

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I wear these glasses to hold back my unstoppably powerful vision.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
When Aurelia was in high school, she was captain of the Fencing club and declared war on every other club, forcing them to join her if she could beat them at their own game. Needless to say, almost the entire school was in the Fencing club that year.

XainZero
Feb 16, 2011

Aurelia owns because she just runs around yelling "FIGHT ME!" at all times.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

aurelia is less ridiculous than cassius or leonhardt and the game doesnt give her a stupidly angsty backstory or dedicate half the plot to everyone talking about how everything would be resolved if she was around so yeah i still dont get what people's issue with her is

and 'sue' is a sexist slur designed to limit the roles women can have in fiction

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

I'm not done chapter 1 yet but so far I don't really have any problems with Aurelia either. I Like that there's another big Legend out there like Cassius or Victor or Arios that isn't just another dandy semi aloof dude. She's super into how strong she is and it makes for some really fun interactions with her. She's also fully aware of the role she's supposed to play in Osborne's big plans but refuses to just take it lying down and is really pushing the school to fight the fact "we basically exist as cannon fodder to lure out Ouroboros " By bending the rules as much as we can without breaking them.

IceBorg
Oct 23, 2012

I KINDA DOUBT THAT!
Old Class VII first mission: Catch some thieves with small ties to a terrorist organization

New Class VII first mission: Battle some of the strongest people related to Ouroboros and a super giant robot

Someone should sue the new school.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

IceBorg posted:

Old Class VII first mission: Catch some thieves with small ties to a terrorist organization

New Class VII first mission: Battle some of the strongest people related to Ouroboros and a super giant robot

Someone should sue the new school.

Old Class VII also had to fight a giant monkey.

That's comparable, right?

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
Can someone tell me how much Elliot's Brave Order actually reduces damage by? The game is giving me conflicting information, the description says 30% damage reduction but the Order blurb while it's active tells me 0.3x (ie, 70%), which is a pretty significant difference and might actually make this worth using! It feels like it's the latter from experimentation.

Also I'm having a pretty terrible time with this Grime Drome miniboss here...

Admiral H. Curtiss fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Nov 2, 2019

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
I just failed the Vantage Master quest. Horribly. I love card games but hate Magic-type games. Oh well, I hear this game is pretty lenient on the Max Rank AP requirement and I got S on chapters 1 and 2 so I think I'll be ok.

So far my only real issue is with the nonstop Rean harem. C'mon ladies, find a better hobby. It's some developers wet dream, I know, but it's still annoying.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

I think the harem thing ended up being a kinda ehh way to deal with the fact that there was no way to take clear data from PS3 to PS4. I'd have preferred a "hey who'd you court" selector at the start, though.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Yeah, I bought the I and II PS4 remakes in the hopes they changed that. Waste of money, but I guess I have them all on the same system now, for whatever that's worth

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

I just failed the Vantage Master quest. Horribly. I love card games but hate Magic-type games. Oh well, I hear this game is pretty lenient on the Max Rank AP requirement and I got S on chapters 1 and 2 so I think I'll be ok.

So far my only real issue is with the nonstop Rean harem. C'mon ladies, find a better hobby. It's some developers wet dream, I know, but it's still annoying.

It's a japanese game, it's most of the original player base's wet dream too.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Yeah, the japanese cold steel player base would love to be part of Rean's harem.

For real. I'm pretty sure the player self insert here is Musse, not rean. Like ive been to comiket and lemme tell you they sure werent making sexy sara doujins

Endorph fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Nov 2, 2019

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

From how chapter 2 went, it seems like they want to just make Alisa the canon choice.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Double Post

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I'm player inserting as Rean's daughter

https://twitter.com/pwc_tem/status/1189962097121095680

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Supremezero posted:

It's a japanese game, it's most of the original player base's wet dream too.

Endorph posted:

Yeah, the japanese cold steel player base would love to be part of Rean's harem.

For real. I'm pretty sure the player self insert here is Musse, not rean. Like ive been to comiket and lemme tell you they sure werent making sexy sara doujins

utterly shameful

who on earth would choose Rean over Olivier

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!

Hwurmp posted:

utterly shameful

who on earth would choose Rean over Olivier

Terrorists, that's who. A bunch of godless terrorists

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
I do like how apologetic Rean always seems when yet another love interest shows up and all the new Class VII members side eye him.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
Victor feels a lot less likable now that he doesn't have his awesome voice.

I liked Cassius better as a super character because Cassius had actual flaws. For as amazing as he's supposed to be, and for someone who is supposed to "understand the true nature of things", he pretty crucially underestimated his own daughter until near the end of TitS 2nd (and to a lesser extent, Joshua). Like, her resolve, capability, intelligence, etc, etc. Estelle coming out on top and generally being the best felt more gratifying because she was seen as an underdog by so many people--even though she probably never actually was one. And of course, it helps that he was unspeakably proud of her after all was said and done.

It's still early days on Aurelia, but right now, she feels sort of like when your GM adds a super NPC into your group. She's got a whole game (game and 3/4s if you're me and still not that far on CS3) to build a case for herself as a decent character, but everything before now has been pretty unlikable.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

I mean tbh you sound like you're projecting a lot of weird poo poo onto her and I'm still scratching my drat head at that ~no soul~ thing.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

Oh Snapple! posted:

I mean tbh you sound like you're projecting a lot of weird poo poo onto her and I'm still scratching my drat head at that ~no soul~ thing.

I mean she comes off as more robotic and less human than the literal artificial humans.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
How often should I be worried about buying new armor? Money is kinda tight without me just grinding up sepith early on in the game; should it be a every other town kinda situation?

Death Priest
Jun 24, 2004

Shinjobi posted:

How often should I be worried about buying new armor? Money is kinda tight without me just grinding up sepith early on in the game; should it be a every other town kinda situation?

Money stops being an issue around the end of chapter 2 but before that, I'd say you should buy the best weapons first and add armor as money allows. You can also sell some healing items (you're not going to need that many curia balms) if you really want to buy something now. You can upgrade weapons in the base camp as soon as you begin a field trip and the basic armor should be available there as well. If you can wait until you reach the large city in each chapter, you can buy fancier armor there. You should be set for the entire chapter after that, except if you find something better in a chest.

Death Priest fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Nov 2, 2019

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Veryslightlymad posted:

I mean she comes off as more robotic and less human than the literal artificial humans.

I...don't agree, I guess? She comes off as confident and self-assured with some occasional deadpan humor over her current situation (her talking early on about essentially being forcibly retired back to her estate and popping out some kids). She's fun.

Shinjobi posted:

I've been doing a full refit in every town so far, including boutique purchases. It's cut a little close at the time but it's been fine. I wouldn't say I grind or anything, either. But I also haven't really been buying items or accessories.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Michael holding a conversation of "No you shouldn't do this" only for Aurelia to walk in and say "Lol sounds cool, do it" and all Michael can do is :argh: is funny

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
If you need money just make a lot of potato salad

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Terper posted:

Michael holding a conversation of "No you shouldn't do this" only for Aurelia to walk in and say "Lol sounds cool, do it" and all Michael can do is :argh: is funny

This

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Endorph posted:

Like ive been to comiket and lemme tell you they sure werent making sexy sara doujins

Japan having poo poo taste in waifus is nothing new.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Laura's intro picks up where 2 left off:

Laura makes impacts.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

Paracelsus posted:

In defense, they probably don't have an absolutely perfect VA for the role. How can two people be perfect as one person?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Paracelsus posted:

no im saying they were making sexy rean doujins