Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

It wasn't an ELE that wiped out the backer funds. It was Tristan Timothy Taylor.

Agony Aunt posted:

Ugh, double post.

Have some taxxe

One thing about this pic always noticing new things.

Is that one of those cheap VR goggles next to the katana laying on the floor under the stair bannisters?

Taxxe:

https://twitter.com/dog_rates/status/1190000937286242304?s=20

monkeytek fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Nov 2, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

AbstractNapper posted:

The chain of delays is probably to all force being redirected to the ShitCan demo.

Gotta dazzle the money cows.

This happens every single year, too. It’s like CIG has a constitutional inability to learn from their mistakes.

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

monkeytek posted:

One thing about this pic always noticing new things.

Is that one of those cheap VR goggles next to the katana laying on the floor under the stair bannisters?

Yeah I feel like someone tracked down like what brand once.

SO like... who is taking this picture?

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Also, can't wait for Joe Blopers in the comments!
I imagine that Joe Blobers is just troll farm somewhere in Saint Petersburg.

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

It wasn't an ELE that wiped out the backer funds. It was Tristan Timothy Taylor.

SoftNum posted:

Yeah I feel like someone tracked down like what brand once.

SO like... who is taking this picture?

PleasUre BOT 12 of course.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Bingo Card Squares

quote:

Chris Roberts Wears Black
Sandi Gardner cries on camera
Exclusive Citizencon 2019 ship upgrade
Poor Comparison to other, functional and released game
Game crashes during presentation
Mention of Ben Lesnick
Stream experiences audio issue(s)
Chris' nervous laughter when the keynote goes off-script
3-second long "Uhhh"
Keynote is late
Keynote is on-time
New "revolutionary" hardware shilled by CI
Ship-shaped cake on display
!raffle spam in chat
Moderators swinging banhammers
Star Citizen: The TCG
Star Citizen AccuWeather App plug
In-game AI revealed to be basement-dwelling interns
White Men Can't Jump Gate
Unskippable travel times
Dead Air during travel times
At least 2 unavoidable deaths
VIP lounge serving warm Heineken
One brave soul in crowd boo's, gets tossed out
Banu Merchantman still in development
Newtonian Physics!
I can't believe its not Xi'An!
Space Worm
Pointless Celebrity Cameo
At least 1 emote plays, breaks immersion
Torpedo lovingly caresses target for 15 seconds before exploding
Console Port Announced
SQ42 Delayed, Again
We're switching engines, boys!
Stimperor reference
Avoiding the Splash Screen
Poorly Scripted FOIP Action
Refactored Idris Interior
"NEVER BEEN DONE BEFORE!"
Ramp kill
Jumpcuts during "live" gameplay
Door kill
Battle Royale!
Prisons Are Gameplay!
Land/Property sales
TONK
New Business Partners

Should be good for now, unless something else crops up. Link will get posted nearer to Citizencon

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

The fact that citizens don't know what Cracked.com is is the most sweeping indictment of this game I think I've ever loving seen.

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Beet Wagon posted:

The fact that citizens don't know what Cracked.com is is the most sweeping indictment of this game I think I've ever loving seen.

They said bad things about SC. That is all they need to know!

Zushio
May 8, 2008
I check Cracked almost everyday. I don't read many of the articles, but I have an undying loyalty to Seanbaby.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

It’s posts like that that really underlines Carlin’s joke about average intelligence.

It’s so wide of the mark that you’d need an uber to get to anything factual.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Fidelitious
Apr 17, 2018

MY BIRTH CRY WILL BE THE SOUND OF EVERY WALLET ON THIS PLANET OPENING IN UNISON.
Imagine being enough of a turbonerd to have a Kill on Sight list for a game that barely exists, for the high crime of criticism of said game.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

I'm hoping for the follow up to Full Burn being unveiled at CitCon.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer
just remind me when this is happening again

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

his nibs posted:

just remind me when this is happening again

Citizerconned will be on the 23rd Nov :)

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

lol literally nobody ever thought CIG would implement ship renting or in-game ship purchasing in a way that would hurt funding

zcrow
May 6, 2014

Ah.. yeah... um... tup tup tup tup tup.. this is something we'll add down the line
lol get hosed star shitizen
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZL5PCZO8cc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8TGT87Fxyw

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Beet Wagon posted:

lol literally nobody ever thought CIG would implement ship renting or in-game ship purchasing in a way that would hurt funding

Well, i thought it might a bit, especially if it was easyenough to rent/buy the ships. While buying is still a bit of a pipe dream for many, renting as i understand, for a day or whatever is fairly cheap.

So, i'm man enough to admit i was wrong.

I suppose people want to own the ships for good though, which they can't lose due to wipes.

Jonny Shiloh
Mar 7, 2019
You 'orrible little man

But but but acksherly

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/community/citizen-spotlight/9552-CitizenCon-CIG-amp-MyRadar-Collaboration

Eat poo poo Fudster.

Pretend EDIT:

quote:

"This item cannot be installed on your device's country"

:gary:

rePool
Apr 18, 2019

Undercover Goon.

So long and thanks for all the fish

A nerd who attended the last whales only paid for marketing dinner creating a KoS list for streamers who aren't showing his pre-approved level of love towards a video game? :toughguy:

Color me surprised.

:newlol:

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

When I say SC looks dated, this is what I mean. This is real next gen poo poo, and real procgen tools that can make a detailed world come to life, not just covering a 1/10th scale ball in tiled textures.

I really hope that The Agent’s rumors are true and Chris has been furiously making his team 22 year olds slave away on a fully rendered in-game Earth.

Jonny Shiloh
Mar 7, 2019
You 'orrible little man

rePool posted:

A nerd who attended the last whales only paid for marketing dinner creating a KoS list for streamers who aren't showing his pre-approved level of love towards a video game? :toughguy:

Color me surprised.

:newlol:

Some time later in game... tough guy Typhooni gets his fleet wiped out by griefer, cries "not fair" to CIG, more news at 11.

:sadpeanut:

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

colonelwest posted:

I really hope that The Agent’s rumors are true and Chris has been furiously making his team 22 year olds slave away on a fully rendered in-game Earth.
Rigged for facial animation to smile like Chris.

rePool
Apr 18, 2019

Undercover Goon.

So long and thanks for all the fish

Jonny Shiloh posted:

Some time later in game... tough guy Typhooni gets his fleet wiped out by griefer, cries "not fair" to CIG, more news at 11.

:sadpeanut:

Some call them a griefer, the rest would call them a hero. Everyone needs a hero.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Pilz posted:

Ah, over here they tend to turn you away at the hint of mental health issues, especially depression.

:canada:

Mind you it's more a matter of them being really hard pressed to push people out once you're in.
Unless you're a criminal fuckup or a straight up liability to safety, they find ways to file you away somewhere until you make your own escape.

DarkDobe fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Nov 2, 2019

Rugganovich
Apr 29, 2017

Obviously practising to be included in the Italian Football squad.

Rugganovich
Apr 29, 2017
It's a cloudflare thing

Rugganovich fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Nov 2, 2019

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Pixelate posted:

I thought network guys were gold dust? Isn't a £40k baseline offer a bit lowball for a senior position?

That's true. This is the network administrator at my office:

Time_pants fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Nov 2, 2019

Rugganovich
Apr 29, 2017

Agony Aunt posted:

Mmmm... prison gameplay. Plenty of opporuntities for lurking in dark corners.

Looking forward to soap development.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

Sabreseven posted:

Citizerconned will be on the 23rd Nov :)

Saturday night is alright for grifting

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

his nibs posted:

Saturday night is alright for grifting

Better get some jpegs in

Jonny Shiloh
Mar 7, 2019
You 'orrible little man

rePool posted:

Some call them a griefer, the rest would call them a hero. Everyone needs a hero.

Tina Turner would almost certainly disagree with you.

Anyway, LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3z-NWF8Jgs

Twerk E Rod tellin' like it is it's a buggy CryEngine mod

MostlyRandom
Nov 1, 2019
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVRPdnc9sR0

FOIP is coming along nicely :)

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY
We know Sandi hates backers but what does Chris think of them? Does he have a kind of Stockholm syndrome attached to them as they are his only lifeline to not being back to renting cars to people at LAX?

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

kilus aof
Mar 24, 2001

People must be punished for the high crime of criticising the scummiest game of all time.

kilus aof fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Nov 3, 2019

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Lol, the article is literally just a list of 10 completely true things about Star Citizen, but feel to wage your war against reality my man.

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Thom12255 posted:

We know Sandi hates backers but what does Chris think of them? Does he have a kind of Stockholm syndrome attached to them as they are his only lifeline to not being back to renting cars to people at LAX?

I’d say they both believe that they are entitled to backer’s money and praise without end because of how talented and visionary they both are.

Chris likes the adulation on a more personal level, because at his core he is an awkward and insecure nerd who needs validation. He also needs SC to succeed at this point to keep his dream of being an entertainment mogul/and or being a director again alive.

Sandi loathes sci-fi and video games and all the nerds who are into both. She mainly just views the whole thing as a ridiculous cash cow she can ride when it suits her or use to buy her way into indie films.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny Shiloh
Mar 7, 2019
You 'orrible little man

colonelwest posted:

I’d say they both believe that they are entitled to backer’s money and praise without end because of how talented and visionary they both are.

Chris likes the adulation on a more personal level, because at his core he is an awkward and insecure nerd who needs validation. He also needs SC to succeed at this point to keep his dream of being an entertainment mogul/and or being a director again alive.

Yeah but aren't we all?

colonelwest posted:

Sandi loathes sci-fi and video games and all the nerds who are into both. She mainly just views the whole thing as a ridiculous cash cow she can ride when it suits her or use to buy her way into indie films.

Agreed, but you know what, good luck to her - fake degrees and all that bullshit notwithstanding, she wouldn't be the first Hollywood wannabee starlet who hitched her wagon to the money train to get into the movies. In her case, she just got lucky - a husband whose cash comes from a load of idiots with poor spending control who she would absolutely hate to be in the same room as.