Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Defiance Industries posted:

Wait the man with the Juno email might be a little behind on technology????

hey now

it was his dad's juno email account

RIP dave's dad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Lone Goat posted:

just like how the ideal length for a wrestling show is 90 minutes, the ideal length for a wrestling pod is 90 minutes

I am actually very happen that the WOR and B&V shows stay close to an hour, all my other usual podcasts have time creep and go closer to 2.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

karmicknight posted:

oh god, a friend of mine listens to podcasts at like 1.75 speed and sometimes when he has something he wants me to hear it breaks my brain's ability to process time and my speech pattern increases.

i have absolutely no clue why you would ever want to do this

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

People listen to a lot of podcasts and can listen to more if the speed is higher. I'm at 25 hours for the week.

The real mindfuck is when the algorithm to delete silence goes too far and entirely skips a person's breathing so they sound like they're in a manic conversation with themselves.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

MassRafTer posted:

Bryan definitely has a conception (and it might have been part of the original merger agreement) that WOR has set times, but more recently the actual 90 minute thing seems to have come up. I know GG had problems with it.
i didn't think gladys gibson got all that involved in the technical stuff, explains a lot tho

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

I swear, if someone competent got into the tech side of F4W/WON, Bryan and Dave’s minds would be blown.

Memberful for memberships, WordPress as a CMS, Libsyn for Podcast hosting...

Hell, maybe Dave could post Observer articles as he writes them, Paywalling those articles, and compiling then as the Newsletter each week...

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Aren't the people doing the tech end for the site and podcast their friends, essentially getting paid as a form of social security?

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi
https://twitter.com/loadingreadyrun/status/1190358085648314368

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

The Rudos Podcast is going to be doing a stream with live commentary for CMLL's Dia de Los Muertos show on twitch. Come check it out! There should be some good matches and one very bad one. 7:30 PT/10:30 ET. México changes their clocks a week earlier than the US.

https://twitch.tv/rudospodcast/

Pinche Rudo fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Nov 1, 2019

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Pinche Rudo posted:

The Rudos Podcast is going to be doing a stream with live commentary for CMLL's Dia de Los Muertos show on twitch. Come check it out! There should be some good matches and one very bad one. 7:30 PT/10:30 ET. México changes their clocks a week earlier than the US.

https://twitch.tv/rudospodcast/

That sugar skull mask rules

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
How much is Rocky paying Bryan to play his awful single, by the way? Like, jesus, some of that flow is just terrible and it's so easy to fix. Don't try to cram 'two middle fingers' into like one beat, dude, just say birds. I promise you people will get it.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Dave comparing the Cain/Brock match to Inokism New Japan and not late WCW was amazing in the Observer this week and also super funny

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Gaz-L posted:

How much is Rocky paying Bryan to play his awful single, by the way? Like, jesus, some of that flow is just terrible and it's so easy to fix. Don't try to cram 'two middle fingers' into like one beat, dude, just say birds. I promise you people will get it.

I love how Rocky's terrible rapping is both a work and a shoot

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."
Not really a wrestling podcast update - but has anybody noticed a surge in wrestling podcasts within the last couple of years? (Pre-AEW, Post-Four Horsewomen WWE)

I am seeing people who I know from video game let's plays, comic book reviewers, and leftist spaces getting into the "wrestling recap" thing, and find it fascinating.

Not because "boo, get out of here, this is *our* hobby" but in a "well, if they are interested in the products being shown, and are going to indie events, maybe their audience might get invested along with them?"

I don't think "wrestling boom" - but I do think wrestling might be scattered around, almost like the territory days, and it would not surprise me if Giant Bomb just starts covering NJPW or if YouTubers famous for covering cartoons starts talking about retro-WCW.

as long as we can all forget about what culture blampie

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

TelevisedInsanity posted:

Not really a wrestling podcast update - but has anybody noticed a surge in wrestling podcasts within the last couple of years? (Pre-AEW, Post-Four Horsewomen WWE)

I am seeing people who I know from video game let's plays, comic book reviewers, and leftist spaces getting into the "wrestling recap" thing, and find it fascinating.

Not because "boo, get out of here, this is *our* hobby" but in a "well, if they are interested in the products being shown, and are going to indie events, maybe their audience might get invested along with them?"

I don't think "wrestling boom" - but I do think wrestling might be scattered around, almost like the territory days, and it would not surprise me if Giant Bomb just starts covering NJPW or if YouTubers famous for covering cartoons starts talking about retro-WCW.

as long as we can all forget about what culture blampie

Wrestling has definitely gotten bigger in more traditional "geek" spaces over the past couple years, and you can see AEW and NJPW (or at least the social media side of NJPW) leaning into that demographic.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Isn't Rocky really great at putting together wrestling themes?

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Benne posted:

Wrestling has definitely gotten bigger in more traditional "geek" spaces over the past couple years, and you can see AEW and NJPW (or at least the social media side of NJPW) leaning into that demographic.

Nerd and sports have been mixing together over the last few years. The amount of athletes into Video games and comics/anime is just exploding and AEW is right to lean into it even though it probably pisses off old school nerds and wrestling/sports fans

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

MJeff posted:

Isn't Rocky really great at putting together wrestling themes?

Roppongi Vice and Roppongi 3K have great wrestling themes, but I don't know that I'd call them good songs

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Draxion posted:

Roppongi Vice and Roppongi 3K have great wrestling themes, but I don't know that I'd call them good songs

I do like the opening speak-sing bit of the RPG Vice song, but yeah, at best Rocky can write a half-decent hook.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

the cmll stream might be starting late so come by and watch Lulu pencil vs Antonio Honda!

https://twitch.tv/rudospodcast

Pinche Rudo fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Nov 2, 2019

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/LanceStorm/status/1190668671292563456

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
https://twitter.com/LanceStorm/status/1190668671292563456

Bryan’s got himself a new insider.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

lance storm taking blood money. ya hate to see it

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Had fun doing the twitch stream last night even though we couldn't watch CMLL we got some random matches and watched Rey vs Eddy Guerrero from Halloween Havoc '97.

Dropped a new episode we recorded after AEW dynamite and giving a couple quick predictions for CMLL

https://rudospodcast.co/episode-15-aew-dynamite-and-cmll-dia-de-los-muertos/

https://open.spotify.com/episode/2dvDdNq98hDL6nHABNF7zZ?si=cQ_2cYxoRiGKUzhpkIZy9A

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Put Lance in charge of smack down.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

He was very critical of WWE right up till the end, pouring one out for a real one. :smith:

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Lance was always a cop caller

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

rocky's best theme was the first one he did:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLU1IHwb6DQ

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Draxion posted:

I thought he put together other themes under a pseudonym.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

he's done a couple bullet club themes (main stable theme and the old g.o.d one) under [q] brick to preserve kayfabe

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

The main Bullet Club one is a banger but the new GOD one is better than Rocky's so it's a wash

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

He did old G.O.D? My god that one is fantastic.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
Of course Rocky made the G.o.D gently caress-jam entrance

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

dave essentially confirms the hugo story, only the number was $60 million not 300 million. vince knew there would be some kind of reprisal when he left. strongly urges wrestlers to unionize.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/WONF4W/status/1190955873654329345

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

TelevisedInsanity posted:

I mean, Giant Bomb does have some wrestling coverage - and they tried a monthly podcast (Power Bomb Cast) like 3-4 years ago that spluttered out because it's hard to talk so much about something you hate unless you're Dave Meltzer who is, as Jeru so perfectly put it, one of god's own prototypes.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

harperdc posted:

I mean, Giant Bomb does have some wrestling coverage - and they tried a monthly podcast (Power Bomb Cast) like 3-4 years ago that spluttered out because it's hard to talk so much about something you hate unless you're Dave Meltzer who is, as Jeru so perfectly put it, one of god's own prototypes.

They started again once AEW started, but they only do it once a month/6 weeks

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Low Desert Punk posted:

lance storm taking blood money. ya hate to see it

Apparently there’s not even money involved so the Saudi propaganda is free lmao

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Dave using the Rock's Mark Kerr movie to fantasy book a Dynamite Kid movie was an amazing way to cap off an amazing episode

Also listen to Dave and unionize WWE wrestlers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Dave using the Rock's Mark Kerr movie to fantasy book a Dynamite Kid movie was an amazing way to cap off an amazing episode

Also listen to Dave and unionize WWE wrestlers

Yeah, all you have to lose is your jobs, and lets be honest, some of you want that right now.