Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nullsmack
Dec 7, 2001
Digital apocalypse

dogsicle posted:

what is learning stay cool, if it's not how to be and maintain cool

No offence but was this written by a chat bot?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
The Real Alicization starts now.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Nullsmack posted:

No offence but was this written by a chat bot?

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.
The assassination of Kirito by the coward Kawahara.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Wow there's so much to process this episode. I think my only reaction after about the halfway point was "ha ha loving what?" This place is being invaded by... who? For what reasons?* And Kirito's supposed to help from inside the game? I hope we get a flashback/"here's what you missed on Earth" episode but at this point I don't know what to expect. Which, I guess, good job for a change Kawahara, usually I can see the plot twists from a mile away.

Wild speculation prediction though: Kirito's gonna log out into that loving robot only now instead of just barely walking it'll be loaded up like the goddamn Terminator.

*so help me god after they teased the Laughing Coffin guy being on Mother Base the Ocean Turtle, if this is a loving mission led by internet trolls exclusively to murder Kirito I might die laughing.

Also, I'm honestly amazed that Kayaba Cyber Ghost Hitler never showed up at any point. Like, I thought he would pop in to stop Administrator from logging out (and I guess hijacking Kirito's body?) or maybe have a chat with her ghost when she was floating up there and talk about how rad it is to murder thousands.

Also also, bravo to A1 Pictures, I hope the "strategically covering boobs with hair" animation division all got raises.

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Mar 30, 2019

Dessel
Feb 21, 2011

I do like this melodramatic poo poo but it just makes me wanna find another anime that's already fully released so I can binge watch it instead. This series is so frustrating to watch one episode a week.

One of the soldiers? seemed to have some sort of weird cybernetics going with him? Did the administrator somehow take over them? (Unlikely). It's probably somehow super militaristic faction within Japan or a private organization somehow wanting to do even more evil poo poo than just regular military drones killing people in wars.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

drat, i'm gonna miss eugeo. :sigh:

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
RIP Eugeo

He never scored.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
He hosed Administrator

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Dexo posted:

He hosed Administrator

Please he got like one pity handy maximum.

Fuckin should have stuck with the redhead instead of going after that dumb Alice chick.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Natural 20 posted:

RIP Eugeo

He never scored.

I think if you re-watch his fight against the sword golem, you'll find that he thrust himself into a lot of people all at once.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Nervous posted:

I think if you re-watch his fight against the sword golem, you'll find that he thrust himself into a lot of people all at once.

:golfclap: well played, sir

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
2:48, anyone else notice that Admin got her arm back? :v:

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

TwoPair posted:

Wow there's so much to process this episode. I think my only reaction after about the halfway point was "ha ha loving what?" This place is being invaded by... who? For what reasons?* And Kirito's supposed to help from inside the game? I hope we get a flashback/"here's what you missed on Earth" episode but at this point I don't know what to expect. Which, I guess, good job for a change Kawahara, usually I can see the plot twists from a mile away.

Wild speculation prediction though: Kirito's gonna log out into that loving robot only now instead of just barely walking it'll be loaded up like the goddamn Terminator.

*so help me god after they teased the Laughing Coffin guy being on Mother Base the Ocean Turtle, if this is a loving mission led by internet trolls exclusively to murder Kirito I might die laughing.

Also, I'm honestly amazed that Kayaba Cyber Ghost Hitler never showed up at any point. Like, I thought he would pop in to stop Administrator from logging out (and I guess hijacking Kirito's body?) or maybe have a chat with her ghost when she was floating up there and talk about how rad it is to murder thousands.

Also also, bravo to A1 Pictures, I hope the "strategically covering boobs with hair" animation division all got raises.

Given that they talk about the Fluctlight acceleration rate normally being 1000, we can reasonably deduce that for every 1000 seconds Kirito experiences, 1 passes in the real world. So, some stats:

For every 1 day in the real world, in the game world a 1000 days are passing. Or 2.7 and change years.

I've not been keeping track of the "time" that's passed in the game, but I seem to recall it took him about a month to get past cutting the Giga Cedar and then we had a timeskip to sword school in which he talked about having been doing sword school things for a year or so? And the stuff with prison and then ascending the tower probably took like, a day or two max. So being generous, lets assume he's been in the game world for 1 year and 8 months. Which means In the real world it's been about 14 and a half hours.

My personal guess is that Administrator is going to make it out into that fluctlight robot (hijacking Kirito seems a non-starter since they're talking about his link getting disrupted by a power surge, so presumably his body is "safe") and Kirito escaping after another month or so in game/30 minutes or so in the real world in order to ??? with ALICE. Maybe just get the gently caress outta dodge since ALICE seems to be Rath's pet project or something.

Still laughing my rear end off that they apparently can't view or influence the content of the world to the extent that they have no idea what the kid they hooked into it is up to, even when he was ascending the super duper magical tower and causing all kinds of explosions.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
It was 2 years between cutting down the tree and getting to the capital/joining the sword academy, then an undetermined amount of time (maybe like a month?) between that and Kirito and Eugeo getting their own waifus pages and having to stop a rape. Then yeah, the whole tower run definitely only took like a day or two, tops.

And I'm 99% sure Admin is good and dead after she exploded although I guess with this show you never can tell what kind of crazy is around the corner. I guess it could be fun to see her and her weird rapey clown firemonster both get stuck in one robot body cause that'd be all kinds of hosed up and/or hilarious.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I want to say there's no way it's been less than a day real-time since Kirito was hooked up to the machine. Weren't his friends looking for him for days before that woman contacted Asuna?

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

Sindai posted:

I want to say there's no way it's been less than a day real-time since Kirito was hooked up to the machine. Weren't his friends looking for him for days before that woman contacted Asuna?

I guess you can debate how long it took him to arrive at Rath and hook him up to the machine. Since he went "missing" from the Ministry hospital, but my actual guess is that Reki didn't think about the implications of a 1000 time dilation effect on his real world timeline. :v:

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

The scale is variable., 1x to like 1500x which iirc is the limit for humans being time dilated, if no humans are in the system they can sim it even faster.

Dexo fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Mar 31, 2019

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Didn't he have to go through an entire fake childhood? That probably accounts for the missing time.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
e: nm

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

No that was pre hospitalization.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUpEl-nQ360

Get loving hype

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kp56UB8g3vU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=insk7Cltr4s

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Asuna might... do something?

ERROR ERROR DOES NOT COMPUTE

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

welcome back kirito

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

my dead eyed boy is back.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
today is my birthday and my present is more SAO.

Sweet.

Undocumented Gamer
Jan 9, 2019
Im in uncharted territory for Alicization from here on out. Ive read a bit but stayed away from most info. Im both happy and sad that kirito is out of commission, but curipus to see other characters take over.

Anything cool i should be looking out for while I watch without spoilers?

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013
The worst main character is out of commission, and it's getting pretty clear the best main character is going to start getting to do stuff soon.
Could this season actually wind up being good, instead of just interesting?

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I dunno what it is, but Kirito seems way more charismatic these last couple episodes.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
just put Asuna in the computer already

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I'm not sure why they didn't do that in the first half of the arc.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

It would really change the bro dynamic they were going for between Kirito and Eugeo if Asuna was in the game for part 1, and basically make Eugeo the third wheel instead of co-protagonist.

Raxivace fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Oct 20, 2019

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I was wondering when Alice was gonna fix her eye, since we saw it's easy enough to do. What was up with it being red for a second though?

Kwyndig posted:

I'm not sure why they didn't do that in the first half of the arc.

Yeah, did they even show the other machine last season, I don't remember it at all. And yeah, if it was there the whole time, why not put literally anybody in there with him for backup? Like, "oh Kirito's the best of us, surely he'll be able to figure out how to make our AIs kill" is a fine idea (it's not) but

Raxivace posted:

It would really change the bro dynamic they were going for between Kirito and Eugeo if Asuna was in the game for part 1, and basically make Eugeo the third wheel instead of co-protagonist.

by the end though, Eugeo was the third wheel in Kirito and Alice's story.

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

TwoPair posted:

I was wondering when Alice was gonna fix her eye, since we saw it's easy enough to do. What was up with it being red for a second though?

Yeah, did they even show the other machine last season, I don't remember it at all. And yeah, if it was there the whole time, why not put literally anybody in there with him for backup? Like, "oh Kirito's the best of us, surely he'll be able to figure out how to make our AIs kill" is a fine idea (it's not) but

by the end though, Eugeo was the third wheel in Kirito and Alice's story.

I was disappointed when Eugeo's eye got fixed, and I am disappointed that Alice's is fixed. Eyepatches look cool, and we half-blind people need more representation.

. . . mostly just the eyepatch thing, honestly.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Captain France posted:

I was disappointed when Eugeo's eye got fixed, and I am disappointed that Alice's is fixed. Eyepatches look cool, and we half-blind people need more representation.

. . . mostly just the eyepatch thing, honestly.

Can't argue that :hai:

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Just eatin' stuff in the OP.
https://0x0.st/z3jc.webm

These two episodes have been quite slow tbh.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
"Okay I've set up all the encryption on our other superuser accounts just need to lock the two Dark Empire ones and-

"HEY HIGA, THE CAFETERIA HAS PIZZA TODAY!"

"OH gently caress, PIZZA? ...I'll finish this later."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x141 KERNEL PANIC

I can buy stupid poo poo like Yui's AI and the Fluctlight, but then villain's "literally eats real human souls like magic" is just so profoundly over the top.