Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

just listening to the new WOR, and yeah these WWE guys are either gutless worms or totally brainwashed if they don't do something after that ordeal narrator: they won't

Also Dave explaining Undertale but both him and Bryan having loving Toy Story whoosh over their heads is amazing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.
Oh god what did they say about Toy Story. The constant deliberate misunderstanding is funny but what a tedious existence

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
It's best when Bryan screams about something not making sense, demands someone explain it and then Vinny explains it calmly and sensibly. Bryan then screams it still doesn't make sense and Vince shrugs.

See: This week's Mox storyline on AEW. Vinny calmly explains Mox didn't care about winning a tag match with a guy he hates, but DOES care about winning singles matches and especially beating Omega.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
BTE used a Toy Story motif this week and WOR didn't bring that fact up.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

illcendiary posted:

Oh god what did they say about Toy Story. The constant deliberate misunderstanding is funny but what a tedious existence

Nothing at all. They were just talking about the new BTE (which has an intro ripped straight from the first 10 minutes of Toy Story and neither of them seemed to get it at all, whilst simultaneously talking about all the inside references that casual fans would miss.) Had me dying.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Fauxhawk Express posted:

Nothing at all. They were just talking about the new BTE (which has an intro ripped straight from the first 10 minutes of Toy Story and neither of them seemed to get it at all, whilst simultaneously talking about all the inside references that casual fans would miss.) Had me dying.

Both men have kids, as well.

Like, I expect Bryan to be ranting about Frozen 2 and what a lovely heel Elsa is in about a month's time.

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.
Okay I hadn’t seen that episode but jesus you pull up the thumbnail on YouTube and come on hahaha

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Welcome to global politics, Vincey

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Gaz-L posted:

Both men have kids, as well.

Like, I expect Bryan to be ranting about Frozen 2 and what a lovely heel Elsa is in about a month's time.

Toy Story is like 25 years old at this point

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

You think Dave was gonna watch or remember Toy Story when he had Triple Crown matches to watch?

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK posted:

Toy Story is like 25 years old at this point

a new toy story came out less than 6 months ago

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Lone Goat posted:

I cried my loving eyes out at this movie

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1191093857569497088

:3:

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Dave doing his best Rich Evans impression at the end of WOR got a chuckle out of me.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/1191100802623918081

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Blessed post.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Lone Goat posted:

Dave is pretty up on movies but the first two came out before he had kids with 3 and 4 maybe coming after his daughter would be interested in Toy Story.

The Princess phase is going to make Bryan go insane though. Will make for good content.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

what does dave think about the brave little toaster

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Cavauro posted:

what does dave think about the brave little toaster

The entire time he was watching it in the theatre he was vocally complaining that it would be better if it was a biopic on The Dynamite Kid.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I’ll honestly be gutted when granny passes away

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
I really want Meltzer to recap the first Toy Story film on the podcast.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
"The flying was a work"

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Woody's gimmick is he's a cowboy, but he doesn't live the gimmick the way Buzz does, so they're mad at each other, which is stupid, but y'know, it's the mindset in the toybox.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Woody's got heat with Buzz because Buzz is over and he can't handle it. But that's the business, you know? If Buzz is over he's over.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Dave doesn't find Toy Story 2 believable because the guy who brought up all the best toys so he could wrap them up and hide them away never to be used properly or enjoyed by anybody else gets defeated in the end.

:smith:

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Itd probably be a technical breakdown of the film much like the time Dave wrote about Sazae-San and Tiger Mask anime in the Observer

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

Buzz did a poor job selling his arm

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

“You know, really, and I hate to say this but, really, Vince is a lot like Si-actually, you know, I just saw the new one with my kids and, you know it’s crazy how quick these movies come out on dvd now. I mean, this was just out in the theaters and we didn’t get a chance to see it because there’s so many shows now and I was just tied up with the stuff with my hand and everything but anyways, yea, we watched the new one and Vince really reminds me a lot of, the uh, that doll in the store, that old doll, I can’t think of the name but it’s that creepy doll”

*Bryan googles the name*

“Gabby Gabby”

“Yea that’s it Gabby Gabby. I mean what a creepy doll. The voice on that thing and the eyes. It’s like something from Firefly Funhouse. Just totally creepy. It’s a shame how bad they’ve botched this Bray Wyatt thing. I mean that red light. come on. They’ve just ruined this guy so many times. But yea, Vince is a lot like Gabby Gabby.”

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Bryan would try to google the name but it's too late, Dave has wandered off to search through his papers for the name and won't come back or speak till he finds it.

Edit: I was sad on a recent Observer when Dave went to do just that and there was a sudden obvious cut and Bryan saying,"Okay we're back." Leave the uncomfortable dead air spots in, you coward!

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

mariooncrack posted:

"The flying was a work"

Gaz-L posted:

Woody's gimmick is he's a cowboy, but he doesn't live the gimmick the way Buzz does, so they're mad at each other, which is stupid, but y'know, it's the mindset in the toybox.

lmao

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
The toys killed the business by coming to life right in front of Sid

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Benne posted:

The toys killed the business by coming to life right in front of Sid

Nah, the spot got over, and it was a one time thing to blow off the feud, Dave would be fine with it.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

These are really good posts

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Jerusalem posted:

Dave doesn't find Toy Story 2 believable because the guy who brought up all the best toys so he could wrap them up and hide them away never to be used properly or enjoyed by anybody else gets defeated in the end.

:smith:

where is the change.org petition to storm dave's shed to get them tapes

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Gaz-L posted:

I loving cant even with this post :discourse:

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
THE PROMOTER

https://twitter.com/BTSheetsPod/status/1191273940473327621

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
It’s apparently 2003 again, because RD Reynolds is on the latest B&V Granny show.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

dsriggs posted:

It’s apparently 2003 again, because RD Reynolds is on the latest B&V Granny show.

Vinny's sad Ultimate Warrior impersonation was a beautiful thing to listen to.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Dang now I really want regular Meltzer movie reviews through the lens of judging wrestling

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

The granny segment this week was adorable.