Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

"We reached out to CIG for comment, but they fed us the same 'never been done before' shite they've been throwing around for 7 years" Which is why no one bothers talking to CIG.

CIG granting media access at the cost of 'transparency' is also known as "selling out" and "taking backers for granted" or "making GBS threads over everyone who gave money".

Citcon is a joke, it's a faux gaming "event" that they have because no legitimate gaming event lets them in anymore.

"The article isn't inaccurate" Oh, right so it's just the tone of the article rather than the message that's bad? Hate to break it to Cymellon, but you can cover a turd in glitter and iced cherries, but it's still going to be a turd, but I can see how he'd want weaker minds to get distracted by the sparkly glitter and cherries rather than seeing the turd for what it is.

My brother in law during the recent free fly : "Star Citizen is as much fun as having a relentlessly itchy arsehole while free-climbing a sheer cliff face."

Me during the recent free fly : "Where the heck did I put the bit of paper with my Rockstar games login details?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Forums are a bit fucky today, sorry for the double post :)

Sabreseven fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Nov 3, 2019

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Jonny Shiloh posted:

Agreed, but you know what, good luck to her - fake degrees and all that bullshit notwithstanding, she wouldn't be the first Hollywood wannabee starlet who hitched her wagon to the money train to get into the movies. In her case, she just got lucky - a husband whose cash comes from a load of idiots with poor spending control who she would absolutely hate to be in the same room as.

You know at this point I don’t begrudge Chris and Sandi anything. Anyone still giving them money in year 8 of this mess and after every warning sign and bit of sleaze imaginable has come out CIG, deserves to have every last cent fracked out of them. If I was more creative I’d come up with an ancillary grift, like the guys who charge hundreds for Star Citizen models and merch, in order to get my own piece of the pie.

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

Like half of them are Nazis or Alt-Right so kudos to Sandi and Chris for milking them for all they're worth. They're both scumbags but at least a good chunk of the people they're stealing from are worse.

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"
We need some contrarian views in this thread. Isn't MoMa due for his quarterly drive by? (I'm guessing Merlin 4.0 has been delayed).

zcrow
May 6, 2014

Ah.. yeah... um... tup tup tup tup tup.. this is something we'll add down the line

Pixelate posted:

We need some contrarian views in this thread. Isn't MoMa due for his quarterly drive by? (I'm guessing Merlin 4.0 has been delayed).

Star Citizen is unparalleled in its vision and fidelity. Nothing else even comes close. gently caress those (probably communist) console scrubs and their Dead Strangling or whatever that cartoon graphics game is called.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Pixelate posted:

He's been MIA for a while now, think he might have eaten a bad bitcoin.

Jonny Shiloh
Mar 7, 2019
You 'orrible little man

colonelwest posted:

You know at this point I don’t begrudge Chris and Sandi anything. Anyone still giving them money in year 8 of this mess and after every warning sign and bit of sleaze imaginable has come out CIG, deserves to have every last cent fracked out of them. If I was more creative I’d come up with an ancillary grift, like the guys who charge hundreds for Star Citizen models and merch, in order to get my own piece of the pie.

Here's a quick grift off the top of my head - grey market ship insurance. Forget the official bullshit in-game LTI stuff - if you're a whale balls deep into this nonsense and you're starting to get a wee bit worried that your multi-thousand dollar "investment" might just be an indicator that you've lost the ability to carefully choose what to spend your trust fund or max your mum's credit card out on... we have the premium for you! And what's more - if you refer a friend, we'll cover the cost of your premium for the first six months!!!

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Agony Aunt posted:

Why do they have such a stout man doing the mocap if he's meant to be a marine? Don't the position of those markers matter? SC is a game where all the characters are perfect specimins of humanity, so i would have thought for mocap purposes they would require the right body shape.... and, wouldn't they also need to do it all again for the female body as well, beceause, you know, hips and stuff are a tad different. Wasn't there an issue early on with the female model where they walked like men?

And why the hell do they insist on mocapping anyway? Its really restricts what anims you can have. You need to mocap every anim you want then.

Those baggy mocap pajamas they use make everyone look pudgy anyway.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Zushio posted:

I check Cracked almost everyday. I don't read many of the articles, but I have an undying loyalty to Seanbaby.

Seanbaby is cool and good, but I thought he had very little to do with the site nowadays?

Also JoeBloopers turned up as predicted and spouted the same ol’ poo poo.

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

How is Joe blobers still commenting on every star citizen article on the internet. I mean at some point everyone has to run out of steam for a futile task like that but no he keeps going.

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Combat Theory posted:

How is Joe blobers still commenting on every star citizen article on the internet. I mean at some point everyone has to run out of steam for a futile task like that but no he keeps going.

I think he is just a heavily invested fan.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
It's not like he's expending any mental energy to write the replies. That poo poo has been on auto-pilot for years.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

The Rabbi T. White posted:

Seanbaby is cool and good, but I thought he had very little to do with the site nowadays?

All of Cracked is freelance writers outsourced now. Their owners fired the entire staff outside of the IT and content management team years ago.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Also JoeBloopers turned up as predicted and spouted the same ol’ poo poo.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Sabreseven posted:

He's been MIA for a while now, think he might have eaten a bad bitcoin.

They downsized their outreach in favor of someone who LARPs army.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

So we’re entirely certain, this is someone that consistently names themselves over a badly spelled spoonerism of ‘Blow Jobber’.

This timeline has occasional gems in the overall hellscape.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

It is good that we destroyed ShapCap's brain and mind

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

quote:

The article isn't inaccurate

quote:

As a backer that's followed development I could have easily refuted most of the points they listed

Refuting accurate statements? To what end?

The article stands, it's accurate, and that should make people question CInotG.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Fidelitious posted:

Imagine being enough of a turbonerd to have a Kill on Sight list for a game that barely exists, for the high crime of criticism of said game.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Combat Theory posted:

He's a ManofManyAlliases.

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Back seat moderating... mods tend to look down on that sort of thing.

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:
hmmm Still going strong I see.

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Dear Cymelion, I do not think the article intended to be seen as impartial at all.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

MedicineHut posted:

Dear Cymelion, I do not think the article intended to be seen as impartial at all.

He's one of those who if an article isn't completely gushing over SC, then he demands it be at least "impartial" instead.

Anything rather than negative or realistic.

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire

Sanya Juutilainen posted:

"I mined in first person, I mined in third person, I mined solo, I mined in multiplayer, all that's left for me is to mine in real life!"

:five:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q54lVO7elt0

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Elderbean posted:

Like half of them are Nazis or Alt-Right so kudos to Sandi and Chris for milking them for all they're worth. They're both scumbags but at least a good chunk of the people they're stealing from are worse.

I'm pretty sure we don't have any real statistics to quantify the political beliefs of half the remaining backers, so we should probably not go down the road of generalising what half of them are (other than bad with money). We'll be as bad as the crazies calling all critics haters and goons if we do that.

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Bofast posted:

I'm pretty sure we don't have any real statistics to quantify the political beliefs of half the remaining backers, so we should probably not go down the road of generalising what half of them are (other than bad with money). We'll be as bad as the crazies calling all critics haters and goons if we do that.

Well said.

A vast majority of backers are just normal people, if perhaps a bit too willing to trust CIG/CR, but that's my subjective opinion.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

Hav posted:

a badly spelled spoonerism of ‘Blow Jobber’.

Holy poo poo

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Bofast posted:

:hmmyes:

Zushio
May 8, 2008

It seems to be the only place he ever posts new articles, other than his homepage that has links to his articles on Cracked. Is he active elsewhere? Also, Calculords is the best game I ever bought that I don't understand.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Zushio posted:

Also, Calculords is the best game I ever bought that I don't understand.

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Bofast posted:

If you go down the rabbit hole of the post histories of the major asshats who form the Citizen defense brigade, you’ll find that most are extreme alt-right lunatics.

But, I agree with the general sentiment, they don’t represent the majority of backers. Most of the remaining ones seem to be mostly harmless Gen X nerds with more money than sense.

In any case though, I don’t really give a poo poo. Star Citizen is interesting to me in an academic sense and it’s of course fun to laugh at, but I don’t have a vested personal interest in it. If you want to give thousands of dollars to the Crobbler, you do you.

colonelwest fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Nov 3, 2019

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Trilobite
Aug 15, 2001

"even if the game becomes awesome", huh?

This is why it's so important to stick to the script. Nobody's actually going to read your furious regurgitation of "It's alpha, you don't understand game development, doing things never done before, all you need is a starter package, pipelines, fidelity, blah blah blah", but it'll keep you from accidental admissions like this. "Even (an unlikely possibility) if (so very unlikely) the game becomes awesome (which it definitely is not right now)."

Sandepande
Aug 19, 2018

He seems legit and also exceptionally clever. Such a diamond of a human being.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

I'd be terrified to be on someone's kos list in star citizen, a game where death truly and definitely means something